This battle log is for  March, April, May. I'll review its effectiveness at the end of May. I'm tracking my exercise and calories on my own, but I realized I need a spot to say "I worked out today!" and "I ate all my veggies today!"  as well as a place to record my weight loss and other health-related progress. So this going to be a pretty dry thread. :) 

Right now, my exercises of choice are walking, aerobics and dancing, stationary biking, and yoga.  I track these using the S Health App.  

My favorite healthy foods right now are creamed vegetable soup, oatmeal with apples, and honey mustard chicken. The soup is a little bit of a pain to make, but then I have soup for days

I still like the idea of challenges. Right now, stress reduction is a huge focus in my life. I think I'll use the 4 week challenges for personal growth, where this will be more for keeping accountable for daily habits.

This battle log is forEVER, as long as I need it to be for the purposes of reaching my goals and maintaining them. Also, I love that the Strikethrough doesn't work on smiley faces. It would be sad to strike out smiles

• Like 1

The first day of the new month was not great with food choices. It was a productive day- I ran a lot of errands, delivering donations, going to the bank, the grocery store, the post office, the recycling bins, and I tackled some at home chores I had been putting off. 

Food:

Candy- a lot of it.

Cookies

Burger King

Veggie Soup (this was good)

Diet Coke and Rum

Exercise: None

Today I am working on relaxing, and just putting myself first, and that means healthwise too. Drinking loads of water and tea, and clearing away my to-do list. I'm just going to let today happen and report on how it went.

I didn't work out yesterday, the day got away from me. This morning I woke up and EVERYTHING HURTS. My fingers hurt! Ow ow ow ow. 

So the plan is going to be lots of warming up, some yoga, tons of water, and then after my doctor appointment today, I'll work out. I'll need the stress relief. Most of the time, my doctor appointments are fine, but I'm always worked up afterwards, so if I know I'm going to work it out of my muscles after, I'll be less tempted to eat my feelings and bottle them in my belly.

* 6680 Steps Yesterday

• Like 1

I have a bunch of notebooks that have about 1/3 filled of journaling or venting or bad drawings or whatever. They are getting recycled today. And I’ve made a new rule not to buy any new ones until the old ones are filled. I have my memories one that I will never throw out, one for everyday feelings, and one for fitness notes.

Sketchbooks are not under this category as I’ve already made a rule about those and am still working my way through them. I won’t have to buy a new sketchbook for years. YEARS

I’m also thinking about donating some bed sheets and towels. How many sets of towels an sheets does a person need? Not a rhetorical question. How many sets of towels and sheets do you have?

• Like 1

I’ve been off track the last couple days. Today I’ve got my meals planned out, which is unusual for me :)

Breakfast- applesauce, coffee 

Lunch- Kielbasa sandwich, banana

Dinner- tuna, applesauce, ice cream sandwich

Workouts: yoga

Step Goal: 6000

I have to get up really early tomorrow, so I don’t want to eat too much today so I sleep really well. I figure with dinner, the ice cream sandwich will be sweet but not addictive so I can fall asleep a little easier. 

With the end of the challenge, I’m going to take a few days off to learn to relax, and come back to the battle log and challenges feeling ready to change for the better. 

I am back from vacation!

I walked a LOT along the beaches, but I took the whole week off from working out and it was awesome. I drank beer! I ate lots of salads! I actually lost a pound!

Yesterday I went back to work and did a lot of heavy lifting getting ready for our re-opening of the library to show off our fancy remodel.  I woke up in the middle of the night feeling like my body was on fire, and then this morning, I felt sore and stiff, but I am significantly less puffy than I would be after flying. Actually just less puffy in general. I need to up my strong game.

Today is stretching, and going for a walk. I'm gonna let my muscles recover a bit.

The Plan this week:

Monday, Wednesday, Friday: Strongs and cardio

Tuesdsay, Thursday, Saturday: Yoga and cardio

It's a pretty complicated plan, y'all. :)

I’m back to it after a long absence. I really needed a break to deal with emotional stuff, and today I feel ready to get back to it! 

The plan right now is to focus on eating in a more helpful way. At first, I just want to focus on cutting out a lot of sugar, and eating vegetables when I’m hungry. Then I’m going to focus on balanced meals and then smaller portion sizes. Smaller adjustments to eating in a healthier way,

I am really out of shape, so the plan is to alternate day strengthening upper body  and core muscles and lower body. I will combine them as I get stronger and add more weights and reps. 

I normally love walking, but it is soupy outside. On nice days, I’ll walk, and soupy days I’m gonna dance in my cool basement :) 

I want to lose 115 pounds, and I want to really succeed at it, so I’m gonna take my time and make smaller adjustments so I don’t burn out, injure myself or give up because I tried to juggled too much at once.

• Like 2

I thought if I bought candy and didn’t hide it, I would eat it more slowly.

NOPE.

The candy I had planned to last all weekend didn’t make it through the afternoon. Nomnomnomnom. I am a candy monster! I love candy! And you know, it felt good to be eating it openly and not secreting it away like Gollum 

but I do want to eat less sugar and more healthy foods. I think I’ll buy one serving a candy when I go to the store. That’s about 2-3 times a week. It will be a dramatic decrease from what I eat now, but I’m not making it forbidden. I think it’s a good step down. 

I am looking for new exercise routines. The old ones make me sad, and that doesn’t work! Also, I’m realizing that I stopped doing them in the first place, right? It’s time to get some new routines and have some fun exploring until I find a variety of stuff I can stick to. 

I worked out today. Lots of strengthening exercises. I’m glad I did it, I have a long road ahead of me, and it was good to get it done today. 

Yesterday, I just ate fruit for lunch. It was so delicious. I can see how fruits and vegetables are going to be my lazy meals for a while. 

The urge to buy chocolate and hoard it is strong today.

• Like 1

looking forward to following along! it looks like you've been making a lot of positive strides in your life!

i realize you've probably heard this over and over before but, really, very dark chocolate often satisfies my insistent sweet tooth! i usually am happy w/ less and it replaces the desire for candy.

• Like 1

Daily Battle Log, Sweat like an Orc, Live like a Hobbit, and Look like an Elf

“As the Wheel of Time turns, places wear many names. Men wear many names, many faces. Different faces, but always the same man. Yet no one knows the Great Pattern the Wheel weaves, or even the Pattern of an Age. We can only watch, and study, and hope.”  Robert Jordan, The Eye of the World

16 minutes ago, ladyofthebog said:

looking forward to following along! it looks like you've been making a lot of positive strides in your life!

i realize you've probably heard this over and over before but, really, very dark chocolate often satisfies my insistent sweet tooth! i usually am happy w/ less and it replaces the desire for candy.

It is always good to be reminded! :) 

This morning I've decided to just start, and ignore that panic in my gut. I think that's where my Lazy Self lives, and it gets really upset when I threaten it with doing things.

Stage One:  Diet Changes and Less Sitting

I did calorie counts for the last few days, and discovered that I'm eating over 3000 calories a day. Ah. This is why I'm not losing weight. :) Putting it down where I could actually see what I ate, I may feel like I'm eating less, but I'm eating more, and more junk. This is why I feel sick so often.

So for now, I'm going to go back to tracking what I eat.  I'm going to aim for 2000 calories a day and see how I feel. Normally, I know a significant drop can mess things up, but I think my body will breathe a big sigh of relief. Phtbtbt :P 

I bought a pair of Skechers to wear inside the house. We have hardwood floors which are beautiful and easy to clean, but not great for standing/walking on for long periods of time. Right now, my goal is just to stand up and walk around more. Less sitting and planning. More doing. :)

• Like 4
On 13-6-2018 at 2:15 PM, Snarkyfishguts said:

So for now, I'm going to go back to tracking what I eat.  I'm going to aim for 2000 calories a day and see how I feel. Normally, I know a significant drop can mess things up, but I think my body will breathe a big sigh of relief. Phtbtbt :P 

Smart move. But keep listening to your body. There is nothing wrong with going more slowly if it means success in the long term. 

• Like 1
Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

Challenges 2023: 46, 47