5 hours ago, Terah said:

Sounds like a plan :)

I put a holder for my phone on the steering wheel of my bike. That way I can play pokemon go while I bike, and get more miles in less time to hatch eggs and such, and hit more pokestops than when I'm walking. Maybe that's something that can motivate you even more? 

That is a great suggestion! I'm playing Sim City Build it! on my phone and I can spend so much time on it! It would definitely make the time fly!

• Like 1

Well, I've started strengthening exercises this week, and immediately injured my knee. Rest and ibuprofen are doing the trick, so I'm feeling pretty good about it. 

I'm so fat and out of shape! I'm too heavy to put my body weight on my joints, so I'm on a journey to get to square one.

My current program is 

3 sets of

10 pushups against the back of an arm chair.

15  squats (modified with hands on back of arm chair)

20 dumbell rows/ tricep kickback combo (10 each side)

20 ballet leg lifts, front (10 each side)

20 ballet leg lifts, back (10 each side)

15 second elbow planks

20 crunches

40 side crunches (20 each side)

I've done this workout 2x this week. I also went for two 20 minute walks. 

Next week, I'd like to do the program 3 times and then get 30 minutes of something sweaty done on other days.

And the Big Why? I just want to be a healthier me. Not for a trip, not for anyone else. I just want to feel good in my own skin.  

• Like 4
8 hours ago, deftona said:

Urgh, knee issues are no joke. I hope you recover swiftly! 

Thanks! So far, it's doing really well. The ballet leg lifts (which i learned are called "Grande Battement" which is totally different from "Rom bop moms" which is how I said it when I took dance as a little girl)  are helping a lot. It's strengthening the muscles around the knee without putting any pressure or weight on it. Just walking helps too. Stairs are the devil though. Stupid stairs.

8 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

Aw man, I'm sorry your knee is hurting.  Lingering injuries are the main reason why my current challenge is entirely focused on eating.

I hate lingering injuries! How is your eating challenge going so far? I'm gonna pop over and say hello there. 

• Like 2

Stupid knees!  I like your plan and those dance kicks sounds like fun...but I bet they are not.

• Haha 1

Race: Amazonian Ogre Princess | Class: Ranger | Profession: SuperHero | Affiliation: Doodlie and Pancake for Life

Respawn Challenge Arcs: 2021 | 2022

I am not saying I am Wonder Woman. I am just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman together in the same room.

Original Spawn Challenges 2014 - 2020: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 789, 10, 11, 12 , 131415, 1617181920, 21, 2223242526272829303132, 33, 3435, 36??

Roadmaps: 2016 | 2017 | 2018 | 2019 | 2020

Starting weight = 290.4 (2014); Current weight = 241.2; Total pounds lost: 49.2

8 hours ago, Shello said:

Stupid knees!  I like your plan and those dance kicks sounds like fun...but I bet they are not.

They are and they aren't. It was surprising how weak those muscles are. My goal is to get to 90 degrees and right now, I bet I'm like 20. But even in my late 30s, I love it.  I'm going to find a studio that teaches adults who enjoy dancing as a hobby. 

• Like 2
On 9/22/2018 at 3:49 PM, Snarkyfishguts said:

It's cool outside and partly cloudy which is ideal for walking around outside. Mom and I walked for about 30 minutes and then my knee started to twinge a warning that maybe some rest and ibuprofen would be best.

Along with rest and NSAIDs, calf stretches really help my knees, too.

• Like 1

He has showed you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of

you but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?

On 9/22/2018 at 2:14 PM, Snarkyfishguts said:

I'm going to find a studio that teaches adults who enjoy dancing as a hobby. 

Cool! I know a good dance studio in the Netherlands ;)

You can look at gyms that offer group lessons. Dance lessons there are often for beginners. 

• Like 1
Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

Challenges 2023: 46, 47

November 1st and back to exercising!

Today:

10 push ups

25 squats

10 crunches

40 lunges

Also, 20 minutes of back yoga. Which was sorely needed. Pun intended. 

I feel like October got lost, but it didn't really. It was just busy. So November already promises to be crazy and I want to slow down. Just Slow It Down.

Tomorrow I plan on doing more of the same before going to my brother's house. :)

• Like 3

I’m posting this for kyself so when I look back and want to beat myself up, I’ll remember.

i worked out again before going to my brother’s house and then....I got a bad cold. Which turned into a worse cold. Which turned into bronchitis. Instead of a peaceful relaxing week with my nephews, I scrubbed literal shit off the floors and walls until the house was finally a place I could be comforanle in which was about day 7/10. I slept and cleaned while the boys were at school, a d having a junk foodie in my nephew curbed my eating habits a lot so I wasnt setting a double standard. Plus colds and cleaning are excellent appetite suppressants. I lost 6 pounds,  bringing total weight loss to ten pounds. 

When I am better, I am going back to day one of my workout challenge. Mom is on day 14 and looks awesome. :) i’ve been sick for three weeks. So future self, ARE YOU READING THIS? Work out more, eat healthier foods, wash your hands more at work, and get lots of rest. Sleep well! Sleeeeeeeeeeeep dammit! Stop worrying about what you’re gonna wear to nyc in feb, stop stressing about christmas presents, stop shitting on yourself and go to bed!

• Like 1
On 11/19/2018 at 4:45 PM, Snarkyfishguts said:

Thanks for being there for me, y’all. I know I havent been there for you, especially recently, but I just want you to know, I really appreciate you. 

((hugs)) I really appreciate you too ((hugs)) 

• Like 1
Doodlie for life, Pancake by choice
Spoiler

Challenge 12, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 

Challenges 2017: 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

Challenges 2018: 29, 30, 31, 32, 3334, 35,

Challenges 2019: 36, 37, 38, 39, 40

Challenges 2020: 41, 42, 43, 44, 45

Challenges 2023: 46, 47