Cadavres Exquis on Parallettes [1 March - 11 March]

Exquisite corpse, also known as exquisite cadaver (from the original French term cadavre exquis), is a method by which a collection of words or images is collectively assembled. (Read more)

We are doing this on parallettes! This is a video-based challenge.

The first participant presents a single move or shape on parallette. The second participant reproduces it and add to it. And so on.

The primary objective is to build the longest possible sequence by the end date. It's a friendly co-operative challenge.

Rules:

• If a move or shape is too hard, an easier variation or some assistance (e.g. wall or spotter, on the ground, using props) is totally acceptable and recommended (but not a completely different move!). We can discuss together what an appropriate variation is.

• The same move cannot be used twice in the sequence. Or at least it needs to have some variation (for instance left versus right).

• The same person cannot contribute twice in a row.

Transitions from one move to another are important. Don't be pedestrian about those. It's a sequence not a set of moves.

Let's have a fairly balanced sequence and not always do moves on the right for instance.

Keep in mind that people have parallettes of different heights. Avoid moves that require high parallettes (such as hanging under the bars).

If you want to participate, give us a shout! We will add you to the list. When it is your turn, record your sequence + 1 new move and post it. Please wait for your turn and watch out for new posts here, otherwise you might be working on a sequence that is not the latest one. When it is your turn, you have a day (24h) to post your contribution.

We are just 3 people now, if it gets busy, we might start adding more rules.

Let's see how it goes for now.

The current order is:

1. @mu / plank

2. Norgaard / down dog

3. @mu / swing

4. Norgaard / 1-leg L-sit R

5. @mu / table top

6. Norgaard / leg lift in table top R

7. @mu / crossed-legged triceps dip R

8. Norgaard / front split L

9. Elastigirl / pushup

10. @mu / side plank L

11. Norgaard / side plank R

12. Elastigirl / 1-leg plank L extended

13. @mu / front balance aka superwoman

14. Norgaard / middle split

15. Elastigirl / 1-leg L-sit L

16. @mu / double elbow lever progression

17. Norgaard / straddle hold

18. Elastigirl / 1-leg plank R extended

19. @mu / standing pike on parallettes

20. Norgaard / to squat on parallettes

Challenges #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 (current)

Battle log The Assassin's Path (current)

Woot: first 1mn free HS | first press to HS

I have to find something anti grid for my wooden floor on plastic paralettes, hopefully I can shoot tonight, if not tomorrow :D

will edit my video in here for not flooding :D

edit: I need to find something so they don’t slide, and a less soft sofa ;).

hope this works for you ;). 

You Can choose if the move stop

qt the down dog, or the plank, since the plank is already used 

@@mu;)

Be like water my friend

okay I need to find on a double fix. my paralettes looks half the size of yours (about mit shin)

I tried to jump from the sofa on the ground, but im gotten too fat, so I heard the pike split a bit, but it still seemed stable. 
Put it on yoga blocks ( Need to find a better solution or work some active hip compression or just let my feet gently swipe when I get through :)

@@mu

Be like water my friend

Very clever the yoga blocks, it looks quite stable already. Do you have another solution in mind?

I also have difficulty keeping a tight tuck during swings. This will be good to practice!

There was a lot of light on the right side, but this is just a table top.

Hope you like it! @Norgaard

Challenges #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 (current)

1 hour ago, @mu said:

Very clever the yoga blocks, it looks quite stable already. Do you have another solution in mind?

I also have difficulty keeping a tight tuck during swings. This will be good to practice!

There was a lot of light on the right side, but this is just a table top.

Hope you like it! @Norgaard

Thank god it’s a table

top, was afraid I had to find a divine portal :i

well The. Blocks are Not too stable But i find a way. Left for

uni an hour ago, so be patient with me :D

love The height on your l sit!

Be like water my friend

1 minute ago, Norgaard said:

Thank god it’s a table top, was afraid I had to find a divine portal :i

:D:D:lol:

1 minute ago, Norgaard said:

Left for uni an hour ago, so be patient with me :D

No worry, this is the week-end for me so I have some time, but tomorrow I'm back to work -_-

4 minutes ago, Norgaard said:

love The height on your l sit!

cheers, I need to relax a bit in the shoulders though, I tend to turtle a little bit on these types of hold.

21 minutes ago, @mu said:

cheers, I need to relax a bit in the shoulders though, I tend to turtle a little bit on these types of hold.

Things can always be better, I think you did an ace job! My shoulders are rounded, so it takes some work to get my hips forward. Oh and you are really challenging me with my limited space In my apartment . Let’s see how it goes :D

Be like water my friend

Woua! I used the prop to be fair because your parallettes are lower than mine :lol:

Would you agree that we take that bit to the floor? :D I mean you're a good equilibrist, but that chair looks a bit dodgy!
Do you also agree that moves on one side (eg 1-leg L-sit) can be done on the other side as well? since it looks like we are going to repeat this a lot, we might as well do both sides to stay balanced.
I'm a out right now, I might get something tonight or tomorrow :)

2 hours ago, @mu said:

Woua! I used the prop to be fair because your parallettes are lower than mine :lol:

Would you agree that we take that bit to the floor? :D I mean you're a good equilibrist, but that chair looks a bit dodgy!
Do you also agree that moves on one side (eg 1-leg L-sit) can be done on the other side as well? since it looks like we are going to repeat this a lot, we might as well do both sides to stay balanced.
I'm a out right now, I might get something tonight or tomorrow :)

Yeah. Or at least make the rules

so

it can be done on the ground or props, And yes, can be either left or right on the sides. 

Well you have plenty of time, we had a high pace ;).

Be like water my friend

This looks like fun . Can I play? The only real thing I've practiced on my paralettes is the tuck. But I will try the sequence and video it and post it. 

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

1 hour ago, Norgaard said:

it can be done on the ground or props, And yes, can be either left or right on the sides. 

I did the table top on the ground but it was a bit awkward.
And here is yet another move on the right, we will need to start working the left a bit I think :)

@Norgaard  your turn! :P

1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

This looks like fun . Can I play? The only real thing I've practiced on my paralettes is the tuck. But I will try the sequence and video it and post it. 

Yes of course! You're welcome! I have added you to the queue in the intro post, you can go after Norgaard. You need to add one move / shape to contribute to the sequence. Let us know how it goes! We can discuss variations, as you see  depending on the parallettes' height, things can get a bit hairy :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Norgaard said:

Or at least make the rules

so

I have added this to the rules in the intro.

Oops, so I went out of turn, and just did mine after my workout before waiting for Norgaard. I  lowered the progressions some, and form isn't as pretty as you guys, but I had fun.

My move was a one legged crow (with a full crow for a millisecond)

• Like 1

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

12 hours ago, @mu said:

I noticed the same thing on my video.

28 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Oops, so I went out of turn, and just did mine after my workout before waiting for Norgaard. I  lowered the progressions some, and form isn't as pretty as you guys, but I had fun.

My move was a one legged crow (with a full crow for a millisecond)

No this is great! and the idea is to build a sequence together to practice over time and have fun with it, exactly.

But I'm a bit lost now. I follow you until table top, this is all good. Then you should have a right leg lift in table top (in the intro #6).

After table top, you added a left leg L-sit variation, plus the crow (or is a bent arm press variation? it looks like that to me - it was great in any case btw!). The rule is to add only one move. Correct me if I missed something of course! or maybe you thought the next move after table top was left L-sit, but it should be a right leg lift in table top. And now I have added the  dip.

Is it ok with you to wait for Norgaard and then do it again following the order that is in the intro + the new move by Norgaard? Sorry about that :( I think it's better to follow some ordering otherwise people do exactly that: work on a bit of sequence that is no longer up to date.

Maybe to be clearer, I will modify the intro as soon as I can to take into account the new contributions, but the last contributor could also cut and paste the last sequence order with the new move + the next people in the queue (if there is nobody new, we start again from the start of the queue:  @mu / Norgaard / Elastigirl).

For instance now we are here:

1. @mu / plank

2. Norgaard / down dog

3. @mu / swing

5. @mu / table top

6. Norgaard / leg lift in table top R

8. Norgaard

9. Elastigirl

Let me know your thoughts, the two of you :)

Y

4 minutes ago, @mu said:

Maybe to be clearer, I will modify the intro as soon as I can to take into account the new contributions, but the last contributor could also cut and paste the last sequence order with the new move + the next people in the queue (if there is nobody new, we start again from the start of the queue:  @mu / Norgaard / Elastigirl).

For instance now we are here:

1. @mu / plank

2. Norgaard / down dog

3. @mu / swing

5. @mu / table top

6. Norgaard / leg lift R

8. Norgaard

9. Elastigirl

Let me know your thoughts, the two of you :)

Yeah I agree. I go from after your dip @@mu tomorrow, and then after it’s @Elastigirl . Ill

make sure it will make sense for you to do the Crow/Press hold :). 

And Yes seems like There was an extrA L sit instead of the lift to dip (But Hey were done The sequence a few time that makes it easier :P 

are you up for resubmitting after me @Elastigirl

And i Think you did great!

Be like water my friend

2 minutes ago, Norgaard said:

But Hey were done The sequence a few time that makes it easier :P 

Yes exactly, it's quite long already if we keep this pace, March 11 will be Guiness record level :lol:

For the crow, I get confused between crow / frog / bent arm press. If you could help me to clarify the vocab :lol:

Crow for me would be with straight arms and bent knees around the elbows (below / above depending on variation) => planche progression
Some people might call it the low versus high frog though...
Ryan-Hurst-Crane-2.jpg

Frog for me is bent arms with knees resting on the arms

20160417_213442-e1463779299622-576x1024.

Bent arm press progression would be bent arms with a tuck (knees not resting anywhere)
Ryan-Slow-Bent-Arm-Stand-Parallettes.jpg

@Elastigirl which one would be yours? since you have bent arms and your knees don't look like they are resting anywhere, I would say it's a bent arm press progression?