Cadavres Exquis on Parallettes [1 March - 11 March]

26 minutes ago, @mu said:

No this is great! and the idea is to build a sequence together to practice over time and have fun with it, exactly.

But I'm a bit lost now. I follow you until table top, this is all good. Then you should have a right leg lift in table top (in the intro #6).

After table top, you added a left leg L-sit variation, plus the crow (or is a bent arm press variation? it looks like that to me - it was great in any case btw!). The rule is to add only one move. Correct me if I missed something of course! or maybe you thought the next move after table top was left L-sit, but it should be a right leg lift in table top. And now I have added the  dip.

Is it ok with you to wait for Norgaard and then do it again following the order that is in the intro + the new move by Norgaard? Sorry about that :( I think it's better to follow some ordering otherwise people do exactly that: work on a bit of sequence that is no longer up to date.

I probably got lost somewhere in there. Did you hear me at the beginning of the video saying the moves I was supposed to do? I figured I'd forget them. I had them written out, but it sort of ruins the flow to stop and look. It's like a memory test:)

I don't really know any of the paralette movements I just tried to do a crow on them, you can call it whatever.

On the order, I started thinking and then concerned that I might slow you guys down. If we do an order does someone have to wait until I've posted until they can post? You guys have already done several, and I'm probably not going to add any today. Maybe what I should do (if that's alright) is to just be a copycat. I will just watch, and try and do some of the sequences you guys have done, but not add anything to the mix. That way I won't be slowing you down, and you guys won't be confused by my random memory

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Generally speaking frog and crow is the same. Frog is the gymnastic word and crow then yoga word.

basiclt in yoga: crow =bend arms like the frog

crane = straight arms (what you call the crow 

i agree it looks like the bottom

hold of a press which is more badass! ;)

• Like 1

Be like water my friend

1 minute ago, Elastigirl said:

On the order, I started thinking and then concerned that I might slow you guys down. If we do an order does someone have to wait until I've posted until they can post? You guys have already done several, and I'm probably not going to add any today. Maybe what I should do (if that's alright) is to just be a copycat. I will just watch, and try and do some of the sequences you guys have done, but not add anything to the mix. That way I won't be slowing you down, and you guys won't be confused by my random memory

How about you give it a try first and we see what happens? Norgaard has to get one move in, and then you. So you don't have to resubmit today. Tomorrow or the day after tomorrow is totally fine. This is not a parallettes marathon :D

• Like 1

Challenges #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 (current)

Battle log The Assassin's Path (current)

Woot: first 1mn free HS | first press to HS

Just now, Norgaard said:

han han oh dear another word :lol: I will TRY to remember

• Like 1

Challenges #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 (current)

6 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

I probably got lost somewhere in there. Did you hear me at the beginning of the video saying the moves I was supposed to do? I figured I'd forget them. I had them written out, but it sort of ruins the flow to stop and look. It's like a memory test:)

I don't really know any of the paralette movements I just tried to do a crow on them, you can call it whatever.

Well the barrier was set as one prnday. So I’m going to post one hopefully before work, so in around 9 hours time. And after that you will have 24  hours to post yours. We are killing ourself If we keep

in this pace anyway :D.

you can spectate and copy as well if you prefer that instead ofcause, but we would love to have you in :)

• Like 1

Be like water my friend

34 minutes ago, @mu said:

Yes exactly, it's quite long already if we keep this pace, March 11 will be Guiness record level :lol:

For the crow, I get confused between crow / frog / bent arm press. If you could help me to clarify the vocab :lol:

Crow for me would be with straight arms and bent knees around the elbows (below / above depending on variation) => planche progression
Some people might call it the low versus high frog though...
Ryan-Hurst-Crane-2.jpg

Frog for me is bent arms with knees resting on the arms

20160417_213442-e1463779299622-576x1024.

Bent arm press progression would be bent arms with a tuck (knees not resting anywhere)
Ryan-Slow-Bent-Arm-Stand-Parallettes.jpg

@Elastigirl which one would be yours? since you have bent arms and your knees don't look like they are resting anywhere, I would say it's a bent arm press progression?

Maybe crow hold with bent arms is a progression? Not sure. I suddenly had this worry that I was doing crow pose all wrong. But when I looked it up  on GMB where I learned it, at least the first way it is taught is with bent arms, arms resting on elbows. So, I would call that a crow, but it is what you call a frog. You can call it whatever you think best.:) It also it kind of like a tuck too. . Not sure, like I said, I don't really do much on p-bars, so I was just sort of playing around. If it doesn't fit your criteria, you also just say you guys don't want it in your flow.

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

43 minutes ago, @mu said:

How about you give it a try first and we see what happens? Norgaard has to get one move in, and then you. So you don't have to resubmit today. Tomorrow or the day after tomorrow is totally fine. This is not a parallettes marathon :D

40 minutes ago, Norgaard said:

Well the barrier was set as one prnday. So I’m going to post one hopefully before work, so in around 9 hours time. And after that you will have 24  hours to post yours. We are killing ourself If we keep

in this pace anyway :D.

you can spectate and copy as well if you prefer that instead ofcause, but we would love to have you in :)

All right, I can keep up that pace. I was thinking you guys wanted to do several in a day, and I didn't want to kill myself.:lol:

45 minutes ago, Norgaard said:

Generally speaking frog and crow is the same. Frog is the gymnastic word and crow then yoga word.

i agree it looks like the bottom

hold of a press which is more badass! ;)

I tried the move again, and I think it fit more in the variation of a press.Which is a tuck with left leg up  right leg on ground, and if you feel adventuresome you can lift both legs

10 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I tried the move again, and I think it fit more in the variation of a press.Which is a tuck with left leg up  right leg on ground, and if you feel adventuresome you can lift both legs

Yeah it looks like The bottom of a shoulder Press, But WHO cares about The names, as long as youre Rocking it !!!!&

@Elastigirl youre up ;)

and @@mu Im back in The game again :D

• Like 2

Be like water my friend

Here is the list of moves so far:

1. @mu / plank

2. Norgaard / down dog

3. @mu / swing

4. Norgaard / 1-leg L-sit R

5. @mu / table top

6. Norgaard / leg lift in table top R

7. @mu / crossed-legged triceps dip R (standing on the L)

8. Norgaard / front split L

9. Elastigirl => todo

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Norgaard said:

Yeah it looks like The bottom of a shoulder Press, But WHO cares about The names, as long as youre Rocking it !!!!&

@Elastigirl youre up ;)

and @@mu Im back in The game again :D

Cool!

Ok, I put it up today.

Is it alright to just do the same move, but other side? I was thinking-sit Left would be good next?

21 minutes ago, Norgaard said:

Yeah if you feel

it makes sense. Some kinds of moves makes sense to do again for translations :) 

do do you agree @@mu

I just decided to do a push up

Here's my contribution

@@mu your turn

• Like 2

Nice one! Pretty shape on that pushup too!
I'll add up to it tomorrow morning!

Yes I agree with you guys, left/right variations are totally fine, and a good idea even, to get something balanced.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, @mu said:

Here you go. Space is becoming quite an issue for me too :D

@Norgaard your turn :)

Oh No you Didnt!!! Going to do mine on the floor as well this time And without the blocks, Indont trust them when I can’t even khtnthe weight :D

how thick is your paralettes? I’m going to make some new heigher ones!

Be like water my friend

You have improved your form no? It's looking very smooth. Maybe it's the angle but your L-sit looks higher too!

Sequence reminder

1. @mu / plank

2. Norgaard / down dog

3. @mu / swing

4. Norgaard / 1-leg L-sit R

5. @mu / table top

6. Norgaard / leg lift in table top R

7. @mu / crossed-legged triceps dip R

8. Norgaard / front split L

9. Elastigirl / pushup

10. @mu / side plank L

11. Norgaard / side plank R

12. Elastigirl

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Norgaard said:

how thick is your paralettes? I’m going to make some new heigher ones!

The diameter of the PVC tube is like 3.8 cm / 1.5 inch. Circumference is ~13.5cm.
I used a DIY tutorial for PVC parallettes, I can't remember which one though (something like this: https://www.kohlercreated.com/crossfit-home-gym-staple-diy-parallettes/)
I made the "feet" a bit longer to provide more support because they are higher.

Well, I just made the list with measurements, my father-in-law made them :lol: For assembly,  I think he went to a shop where they have a heat-base device to seal parts together.