• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

My mom (who I live with) and I just started the Paleo Diet. I already know about the Beginner's Paleo Diet article, however that is just the nutshell of it. I just want to know everything about the Paleo Diet to the smallest detail because my mom is getting frustrated about it. 

Anyone help me with this? We would like to be as healthy as possible without the junk that is in processed foods.

6 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

https://www.marksdailyapple.com/

Is a great resource. It's primal instead of Paleo (they allow dairy) but it has some great information

nomnompaleo.com/

https://meljoulwan.com/  have some really good recipes

I was looking at Mark's Primal Blueprint. I wouldn't mind Primal first and then go into Paleo later in life. However, I don't know about my mom. I have a Paleo Cookbook I bought so I could have started Paleo. However, I will keep in mind of those recipes.

Thanks though.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DJDragonflame said:

I was looking at Mark's Primal Blueprint. I wouldn't mind Primal first and then go into Paleo later in life. However, I don't know about my mom. I have a Paleo Cookbook I bought so I could have started Paleo. However, I will keep in mind of those recipes.

Thanks though.

Some people hsndle  dairy fine, others no so much:) 

1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

Some people hsndle  dairy fine, others no so much:) 

She didn't understand why and I tried telling her about it but she still didn't understand. I started looking around those two websites you gave me and gave it to my mom. She said she is going to look at them though. So that's a good start for her and me.

4 hours ago, DJDragonflame said:

She didn't understand why and I tried telling her about it but she still didn't understand. I started looking around those two websites you gave me and gave it to my mom. She said she is going to look at them though. So that's a good start for her and me.

If she doesn't want to cut out grains, you can just start small. say adding veggies to meals, or eating no or less sugar. Doesn't have to be all or nothing.

16 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

If she doesn't want to cut out grains, you can just start small. say adding veggies to meals, or eating no or less sugar. Doesn't have to be all or nothing.

We already have veggies in our meals because we wanted to stay healthier from before. We are also getting rid of stuff a little bit at a time as of now.

The only thing is that her doctor recommends her to have cranberry juice because of her kidney. Yeah, I forgot to mention that.

1 hour ago, DJDragonflame said:

We already have veggies in our meals because we wanted to stay healthier from before. We are also getting rid of stuff a little bit at a time as of now.

The only thing is that her doctor recommends her to have cranberry juice because of her kidney. Yeah, I forgot to mention that.

You can buy cranberry supplements, in pill form, that don't have the sugar. Or you can buy cranberry juice without added sugar. I've done that, but it's pretty bitter and nasty.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

You can buy cranberry supplements, in pill form, that don't have the sugar. Or you can buy cranberry juice without added sugar. I've done that, but it's pretty bitter and nasty.

My mom already has cranberry supplement pills. However, she still thinks she needs the cranberry juice as well. Where can I buy the cranberry juice and what brand?

8 minutes ago, DJDragonflame said:

My mom already has cranberry supplement pills. However, she still thinks she needs the cranberry juice as well. Where can I buy the cranberry juice and what brand?

Sorry I don't remember. It was some health food type store. Your mom probably won't be too excited about it, it really has a bad flavor. All in all, if your mom is eating healthy I don't think a glass of cranberry juice is going to derail her goals. Read the label, pick the one with the least amount of added sugar.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

Sorry I don't remember. It was some health food type store. Your mom probably won't be too excited about it, it really has a bad flavor. All in all, if your mom is eating healthy I don't think a glass of cranberry juice is going to derail her goals. Read the label, pick the one with the least amount of added sugar.

Okay, I will tell her. She might have to mix in a little honey or some "healthy" sweetener so that cranberry juice doesn't taste that bitter and nasty.  Thanks for all your help. I extremely appreciate the help for both of us with the Paleo/Primal Diet. I am sure that my mom thanks you as well. :D:)

• Like 1