Lightning's One Week Challenge

Lightning

One last try...

So here it is.  I have not been able to manage my fitness, plus a full-time job and homeschooling my teen. I'm really not certain I'm going to be able to do it all. I'm thinking I may have to switch back to part-time work, but I'd like to try to make this work. All I know is that I'm tired and sore and my clothes are tight so I have to try something.  

I'm jumping into this challenge just to see if I can handle it for a week.  I really want to drop weight, tighten up and regain some spark.  We shall see if this works.

Goal 1: Track food on MFP everyday.  No limits on what I'm eating, its about getting back into the habit of tracking and taking an honest look at how much food I'm stuffing into my face.

Goal 2: Complete 3 bodyweight sessions.  I plan on doing (3 sets of) some form of push-up, row, squat, shoulder press, and plank. 

Goal 3: Eat 5 servings of fruit and vegetable (at least 3 should be vegetables).

• Like 3

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

"Nothing is true; everything is permitted"

Day 1- first step to getting my mojo back. Posted my breakfast into MFP, did some meal planning and am heading to the grocery store. Hope to take my workout outdoors, but I will make sure I get one in today. Reminding myself that it doesn't have to be perfect, I just have to do it.

• Like 1

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

So far, so good!  

Sunday and Monday I tracked my food and ate my vegetables.

I also completed a bodyweight workout on Sunday.

• Split Squats 6/6/6
  • Wide Push-Ups 5/5/7
  • Elevated Reverse Rows (rings) 5/5/5
  • Should Press (10#) 10/10/10
  • Bench Dips 8/8/8
  • Plank 50 seconds

Going to squeeze in a workout this morning and grab a shake for breakfast.  Feeling better than I have in awhile.  I didn't realize how much I need NF to keep me motivated.

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

Hey there! Welcome back! That is  a full schedule. I like the plan of just tracking what you eat.

Wisdom 15.5   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 14  Constitution-11

Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II - Current Challenge: February 14 to March 20 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

On 3/6/2018 at 10:55 PM, Elastigirl said:

Hey there! Welcome back! That is  a full schedule. I like the plan of just tracking what you eat.

Thank you!!!!!  I have to relearn a few things so I'm keeping things simple.  I feel good about the direction I'm going, so I plan to do a full challenge next.  It will be nice to be back.  

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

Potentially good news.  I applied for a promotion that would bring my hours back down to part-time.  I didn't expect to hear from anyone, but got a call to come in and interview for it!  While I have reason to hope that I can actually snag the job, I also know that this is a big jump in a short amount of time. Even if I don't get it, I'm one step closer to the position I really want.  The pay will allow me to be part-time without sacrificing too much of my take-home.  Keeping all my fingers crossed.

Finished a second body weight workout on Tuesday and have been tracking with MFP.  Yesterday's food was pretty atrocious. I was nervous about the job interview and did a lot of mindless eating.  Plus, we had two people come back from maternity leave so the break room was loaded with sweets.  I tracked it as best as I could. I'm calling it my high-carb day.  At least I'm still getting all of my fruits and vegetables. Stir fry, packaged salad kits, and zoodles have been a big help.

• Split Squats 6/6/6
  • Wide Push-Ups 6/6/6
  • Jackknife Pull-Ups 5/5/5
  • Pike Push-Ups 8/8/8
  • Plank 50 sec
  • Side Planks 30 sec
  • Like 3

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

Yayyyy Lightning [emoji7] so happy to have found you!

Great week you out in so far and what an exciting prospect for your work straight away. Crossing fingers for you :)

• Thanks 1

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

Tracked again yesterday, ate all my vegetables and had a really fun day at work.  Wish I could stay full-time because I truly enjoy the job and the people.  But, family comes first.

Today was supposed to be a body weight workout but, I only managed a walk.  It's my day off before a weekend shift and I decided grocery shopping, cleaning and cooking had to come first.  I'll do a single set of all of my exercises before I jump in the shower and start dinner.  Maybe that plus a walk and cleaning can count?

• Like 1

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

On 3/8/2018 at 3:04 PM, lucky fire dragon said:

Yayyyy Lightning emoji7.png so happy to have found you!

Great week you out in so far and what an exciting prospect for your work straight away. Crossing fingers for you :)

Thank you!  Always nice to hear from you.  Hope to be back "for real".

• Like 1

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

Shark week is throwing a wrench into my plans for a solid finish,  but I'm always gentle with myself for the first couple of days.  

Didn't track yesterday and ate chocolate. It didn't help that I skipped breakfast but I struggle to eat when I have to be at work early.  I did get my fruit and vegetables in pretty easily. I made a big batch of cabbage with bacon and have a lot of apples and berries in the fridge.  

I will be sure to track today and the only chocolate I'll have is the 88% dark I keep around for "emergencies". :D

• Like 1

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

Ignore that last post :barbershop_quartet_.  Didn't track and I had gluten brownies. BUT... I'm not giving up this time.  I need to work through this if I want to get my badass back.

Eventually, I WILL find the formula that fits my new life. I believe NF is part of that formula. Looking forward to doing a full challenge next week and stalking my friends.

• Like 1

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

It's awesome to have you back :cheerful: I'm also still settling back in after a rather long break and it's so good to be with the lovely NF family again!

YAY on full upcoming challenge :) Can't wait to stalk you too - hah doesn't that sound creepy :lol:

you could even have the challenge be an experimental one to help you try out what works well for you...

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too