The first step is always the hardest, and I nailed it!

Oh, this mighty wagon I keep falling off of...

I fell again... for a long time... but now I dusted off and am back playing the catch-up game.

I started the new year with a goal of losing between 10 to 15 kilos in a year. That was before my blood work results came back and I realized things were more serious than I thought. That goal will have to be adjusted now. I thought on Jan 1st I could just go with the flow and fly by the seat of my pants. That's not the case anymore. I'm planning on joining the next 4 week challenge and go from there.

My woot is the fact that I am back here. I am back taking action instead of just riding along. I am back so I can be accountable for my choices and keep motivated with y'all's help. That was the first step... and believe me... it was not easy to admit I was off the bandwagon for so long and come back pretty much begging for help. From Jan 1st till now I have lost 3 kilos already... which considering I wasn't dieting and only started going to the gym 2 weeks ago, is a win.

I have 23 kilos to go. Not sure if it is a reasonable goal to lose that in one year. One step at a time. Here's to the first 3 kilos lost and to the many more to come! I am back on the bandwagon!!

• Like 3

Intro: Intro thread

Current challenge: Shoobie's baby steps to greatness

Eventually, all the pieces fall into place. Until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moment, and know that everything happens for a reason - Carrie Bradshaw

On 3/12/2018 at 9:04 AM, Drake Alexander said:

Nice! There's plenty of space in the wagon. Here, take a seat. The ride will be long but, it will be worth it. #RoadToSuccess

I’m hopping in the back! To be there with you!

Goooo Shoobie!!

• Like 1

"One should eat to live, not live to eat." -Molaire-

"People always forget their hangover" -My dear ol' dad

"People are born to live, while some are born to evolve." 

1 hour ago, Butternut said:

I’m hopping in the back! To be there with you!

Goooo Shoobie!!

Butternuttttttttttttttttttt!!!!! We can do it!!! :D My first week wasn't the best... but birthday! I think that is as good excuse as any! I'm using that... That's my story and I'm sticking to it. I am ready for week 2 tho!!! Wooohooo!!!

Intro: Intro thread

Current challenge: Shoobie's baby steps to greatness

Eventually, all the pieces fall into place. Until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moment, and know that everything happens for a reason - Carrie Bradshaw

hello! i'm glad to be part of your journey!

Daily Battle Log, Sweat like an Orc, Live like a Hobbit, and Look like an Elf

“As the Wheel of Time turns, places wear many names. Men wear many names, many faces. Different faces, but always the same man. Yet no one knows the Great Pattern the Wheel weaves, or even the Pattern of an Age. We can only watch, and study, and hope.”  Robert Jordan, The Eye of the World

I bet you'll find lots of support here, my first couple of days as a member but it feels good.   I'm on the weight loss journey as well, blood work wasn't great so need to make some changes.   Keep in mind that slow and steady is the best route, sometimes things go sideways and you just need to come back on the trail.  As my trainer said to me pretty frequently, weight loss is 80% diet and 20% what you do in the gym, so work on making good food choices and that will become a habit.