In space, no one can hear Plazmotic scream

Random infodump time...  here's an example food diary for one day (since I started this new job):

Breakfast
- a tumbler of weak black tea with honey and powdered creamer
- 1 fruit-to-go snack

Morning snack
- 5 mini cucumbers

Lunch
- mock turkey breast on multigrain bread with jalapeno havarti cheese
- organic greens with seasoned croutons, shredded nacho cheese, and balsamic vinegarette
- 4 cups of water

Afternoon snack
- small container of roasted chickpeas
- 1 apple

Drive home snack
- 1 banana & dark chocolate granola bar

Pre-dinner snack
- cup of vanilla Greek yogurt/diced peaches in syrup

Dinner
- baked chicken breast with fajita topping & marinade/Mexican quinoa bake with avocado and beef
- buttered cauliflower rice

Post-dinner
- a handful of salted cashews/diced fruit (honeydew, watermelon, cantaloupe)

Even though I've added in a pre and post dinner snack, I still think I'm not eating enough calories. I wake up hungry and stay kind of ravenous all morning until I stop for lunch, but then I get the 3 pm munchies again and embarrassingly ask the dudes around me if they have any cookies for me to munch on.

Anyway, here's a list of things I've been craving lately (fo the last 4 weeks or so)...

• kettle cooked salt & vinegar chips
  • raw, unripe (but not green) tomatoes
  • lemonade
  • hot dogs with ketchup & mustard
  • parmesan topped pigs in a blanket
  • McDonalds BBQ dipping sauce

I sense a very strong theme here of sour with a hint of savory thrown in. ;)

• Like 1
On 5/11/2018 at 2:55 PM, Plazmotic said:

3. This week marked the end of the first trimester for me, so it was time to see whether things were okay or not. GUYS, THERE'S A REAL LIVE FETUS IN THERE. I went for an ultrasound on Tuesday and got photos of teh bebbeh. My fertility doctor confirmed the baby was a good size, had a good heart beat, and was low risk for Down Syndrome. Then yesterday I went to my OB and they let me HEAR the heartbeat and record it on my phone so that I could show to my husband. OB confirmed everything looks good and made some recommendations for what to do/not to do until I hit 20 weeks.

YAY!  Congratulations~!  :D  Growing a new life is so amazing!  Sending positive vibes to you and baby to have things continue to go well!  

23 hours ago, Plazmotic said:

Even though I've added in a pre and post dinner snack, I still think I'm not eating enough calories. I wake up hungry and stay kind of ravenous all morning until I stop for lunch, but then I get the 3 pm munchies again and embarrassingly ask the dudes around me if they have any cookies for me to munch on.

One of my close friends that was pregnant told me that the amount she actually had to eat and the amount she wanted to eat were wildly mismatched.  I don't remember specific amounts, since it was a few years ago, but what it basically amounted to was that she did need to eat more to sustain the new life inside her, but she didn't have to eat that much more.  I think the explanation she was given was that it had something to do with the hormones making her hungry all the time.  ...which worked out great for me because it meant I could tag along on 3pm french fry and ice cream runs.  :P  

All in all, it looks like you're eating really healthy!  Keep it up!  :D   

"Your dreams don't care how you feel."

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Current Challenge!

21 minutes ago, Jlailin said:

she did need to eat more to sustain the new life inside her, but she didn't have to eat that much more. 

I think I'm having a similar problem, except instead of wanting to eat more I just want to eat badly

Example: last night I was for once content at the end of the day and I didn't wake up hungry... but that's because I'd eaten a crapload of crispy taquitos followed by a bag of dill pickle chips for dinner instead of healthy protein with vegetables like I usually do. The guilt was outweighed by my "MY CUP RUNNETH OVER WITH SATISFACTION" feelings haha.

• Like 3

Still around, still kicking. We announced the pregnancy to our families and on social media so most everyone knows now.

Good: told our families on Mother's Day and there was much celebrating and joy and a few happy tears from my parents (who are not yet grandparents).

Bad: the unapologetic policing of my behaviour has already begun, hooray for my feelings and needs being irrelevant because there's a thing in my belly. I literally told everyone they were being pushy and they responded with "lol too bad, this is your life now" :|

Two weeks away from my next OB appointment... the lack of symptoms in the 2nd trimester is disconcerting. I don't feel preggo, just fat and bloated. My belly is basically flat when I wake up in the morning. There's a lot of mom-to-be things I should be doing but I haven't, mostly because my brain is still stuck in "what's the use, this won't last" mode. How does one sustain life when all you know is death? Believing everything will turn out fine and having hope for the future feels like the cruelest thing I could do to myself right now, because it will hurt that much more when everything goes sideways.

• Like 1

The past couple days have been troublesome food-wise. I don't think I'm eating enough calories. I wake up hungry. I snack but still feel hungry until lunch (around 11am). Then I'm hungry again at 1pm and eat all the rest of my snacks over the next couple hours. By 4pm there's no food left in my lunch bag and I'm resigned to getting a bag of chips from the nearby vending machine. The drive home is tortuous and I'm tempted to do the McDonalds drive thru. Once I do get home, there's lots of healthy stuff for me to snack on like fruit and cheese and nuts. I cook a decent dinner that leaves me full. And yet, I still wake up hungry. Or worse yet, I wake hungry in the middle of the night.

IDK how one gains weight healthfully. Every time I've gained weight, it's been due to loads of carbs, canned/packaged/frozen food, or eating too much junk like ice cream and pop. Every time I've taken on a healthy diet, I lose weight. I CANNOT LOSE WEIGHT RIGHT NOW.

I have an appointment next week, will see how much I weigh and go from there. 

• Like 1

Update: hunger issues fixed! (mostly!) 

The solution: eat a banana riiiiiight before I go to bed. Presto, no more waking up hungry in the night! I still feel hungry in the morning, but not the moment I wake up. I take a few minutes to eat a muffin before getting on with my routine and it's working well so far.