In space, no one can hear Plazmotic scream

It’s been a rough couple of days.

Woke up Tuesday morning with a bad sore throat, then by the afternoon I felt super feverish and achy. I got home and took some Tylenol, knowing that when you’re pregnant it’s Tylenol = yes, Advil = no. However, I did further googling and realized that the type of Tylenol I took (Tylenol Cold and Sinus) is a big no no for first trimester pregnancies due to the presence of pseudoephedrine (which can cause birth defects). I freaked out, threw up, and cried in bed until my husband came home. He reassured me that I’d be okay. I scoured our medicine cabinet for even a single acetaminophen pill, nada. Barely slept that night as I was so feverish and my body ached. FUN FACT, fever is also something that can wreck a fetus. Needless to say, Tuesday was not a good day.

Wednesday I stayed home, popped by the pharmacy first thing in the morning to get the acetaminophen, then slept and rested and ate as best I could.

I thought I had a cold but the fact that my sore throat is still going strong makes me think this was the flu, even though my fever never hit 100F. Also, I GOT the flu shot this year! Maybe my suppressed immune system (thanks pregnancy!) has something to do with that.

Anyway, today I’m back to work. Nausea is kicking around despite yesterday’s lack of symptoms. It’s a good thing. Another blood test to go on Sunday.

Oh, another thing I found out… hot dogs are on the Do Not Eat list when you’re pregnant, meaning I cannot munch on many of the snacks at work. ;_;

• Like 2

Aha I FINALLY found your log!!  *gives self an award* :DDDD

Y I K E S I'm glad you are finally feeling better... I can't imagine how scary it must be to be sick AND pregnant, double the worry, no, maybe triple.  PLUS all the things you're used to taking, now you can't!  You totally made it through tho'~ 

NO HOT DOGS?!!?!  Man I dunno what I would do without a good corn dog once in a while.  Although there are some decent meatless ones out there...... but it's totally not the same. :[

• Like 3

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

32 minutes ago, shaar said:

PLUS all the things you're used to taking, now you can't! 

34 minutes ago, shaar said:

NO HOT DOGS?!!?! 

Things I can’t consume right now: more than one cup of coffee, alcohol, sushi, deli meat, hot dogs, Advil, Aleve, and decongestants. It is as annoying as it sounds. :P

• Like 1

Sorry you've been feeling sick!  *hug*  Being sick with those medications sounds like a nightmare.  

2 hours ago, Plazmotic said:

Things I can’t consume right now: more than one cup of coffee, alcohol, sushi, deli meat, hot dogs, Advil, Aleve, and decongestants. It is as annoying as it sounds. :P

...I think a pregnant friend once told me she couldn't eat bacon too.  I just about cried for her at that!  

• Like 1

"Your dreams don't care how you feel."

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Current Challenge!

1 hour ago, Jlailin said:

...I think a pregnant friend once told me she couldn't eat bacon too. 

This would make sense due to the nitrates. It's a good thing I don't like bacon. :P

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Yesterday’s results: uhhhh, missed all three. :( I’ve been sick and lazy. Also my pregnancy symptoms have been milder than usual, but I’m not allowing myself the space to worry. Worry achieves nothing.

• Like 2

I’ve tried to give myself the self-imposed rule: worrying is banned on non-test/non-appointment days. So I’m trying very hard not to think about the fact that I have no MS, bloating or fatigue this morning. Sure I have a ton of other symptoms like sore boobs and excess saliva and cramping, but NO MS OH CRAP WHAT IF- wait, stop. Worrying is not allowed today.

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, Plazmotic said:

I’ve tried to give myself the self-imposed rule: worrying is banned on non-test/non-appointment days. So I’m trying very hard not to think about the fact that I have no MS, bloating or fatigue this morning. Sure I have a ton of other symptoms like sore boobs and excess saliva and cramping, but NO MS OH CRAP WHAT IF- wait, stop. Worrying is not allowed today.

No worrying!  It's difficult, I know.  The more I don't want to worry about something, the more I worry about it.  It's a vicious cycle like that.  :P  But one of the most helpful tips I was given was to distract yourself from your worries by doing something to help someone else.  Your mind focuses on them and ways to solve their problems instead of yours.

...or my other method is stress shopping for groceries, which isn't too terrible because hey, I need food anyways (although I probably don't need ingredients for butternut squash bisque, curry stew, garlic bread, Caesar salad, pot roast, and guacamole all at once).  xD    

• Like 2

It was a very rough weekend, as I was at my sickest yet. Basically lost my voice all of Saturday and Sunday because on Friday night we met up with my BFF and chatted beyond my throat’s limit. Amongst all that nonsense and pain, some good things to point out:

1.       I finally checked another item of the Things I Want To Cook bucket list and made meatloaf! It turned out really tasty but a little too dense and crumbly because I couldn’t add extra bread crumbs (ran out) like I suspected I had to do.

2.       Had my 5th blood test that confirmed my beta levels have skyrocketed, so I’m booked for a 7 week u/s next week!

It’s my last week of work at my current job, busy week nonetheless where I have to do a lot of talking. Hoping to get through with as little stress as possible.

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Plazmotic said:

1.       I finally checked another item of the Things I Want To Cook bucket list and made meatloaf!

Meatloaf!  Yum.  I make a pretty good meatloaf, but I don't do it very often, since I'm mostly vegetarian.

Hope you get over your illness soon!  No worrying!  If you start to feel worried, then you should floss.  Because then at least you have one less thing to worry about.

• Like 1

Level 10 Vegetarian Vampire Warrior

STR: 16 DEX: 7 STA: 6 WIS: 46 CON: 27 CHA: 17

Intro | Challenge: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

52 minutes ago, MaD MaLKaV said:

If you start to feel worried, then you should floss.

Hah! This is brilliant advice.

• Like 1

So it looks like I will have 2 weeks off between my new and old jobs! \o/ We are trying to go on vacation from April 8th to April 14th and are not sure where to go.

My husband wants to go somewhere warm (where swimming in the water is an option). I want to go somewhere local (if something happens with the pregnancy, I’d rather be close to home/in Canada). We both want to go somewhere cheap, and we both like each other’s idea of a warm/local destination. For warm destinations we’re looking at Vegas and Hawaii (non-Zika locations only). For local destinations we’re looking at Quebec only because travelling in Canada is disgustingly expensive. :P

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Plazmotic said:

For warm destinations we’re looking at Vegas and Hawaii (non-Zika locations only). 

Oh!  Oh!  Go to Hawaii!  :D  It's warm, pretty, and the food is so good~!  *shameless hometown promotion*  xD  ...It probably isn't the place to go if you want to travel cheap though.  Cost of living on an island is ridiculous because a lot of stuff needs to be imported.  If you don't know a local whose couch you can crash on, your best bet is probably one of those all inclusive packages with a hotel in Wakiki (direct beach access!).  You can actually find some pretty good deals that way.  

But yeah, if you do decide to go that route and have questions/need ideas of things to do, feel free to ask me!  :D   

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jlailin said:

If you don't know a local whose couch you can crash on, your best bet is probably one of those all inclusive packages with a hotel in Wakiki (direct beach access!). 

Thanks for the tip! Been looking up some hotel/flight packages and am just getting frustrated because the site will give one price then I click on the link and it shows the package to be twice as expensive! O_O I really don’t want to spend a boatload of money on a pricey vacation abroad and then get stuck in the hotel for a week because I’m a tired and nauseous preggo, LOL.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Plazmotic said:

Thanks for the tip! Been looking up some hotel/flight packages and am just getting frustrated because the site will give one price then I click on the link and it shows the package to be twice as expensive! O_O I really don’t want to spend a boatload of money on a pricey vacation abroad and then get stuck in the hotel for a week because I’m a tired and nauseous preggo, LOL.

Gah, that sounds frustrating.  If you've got membership, Costco or AAA have some nice vacation builder tools that suggest packages for you.  The costco one is really nice because it even lets you add in a flight if you want it.

But yeah, a long flight over the water may not be the best for nausea.  I find that those flights are always more bumpy than the ones over just land.  If I were in your shoes, I'd probably try for somewhere closer to home just for peace of mind. 

• Like 1

Vacation planning and pricing is SO stressful!  I'm doing some traveling in a few months and trying to be savvy about flight prices and AirBNB locations and prices is just like, ugh.  Uggghhh.  And you've got a whole other level with a pregnancy, you're right, you don't know how you're gonna feel!! :(

I've been to Vegas and it's... okay?  The weather is v. nice but it can get real crowded and very busy, and it can kinda be Sensory Overload with all the lights and sounds if you're not prepared (and even if ya are)!  That being said, I had a lot of fun when I visited, but I was also younger/full of energy/not pregnant! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jlailin said:

a long flight over the water may not be the best for nausea.  I find that those flights are always more bumpy than the ones over just land.  If I were in your shoes, I'd probably try for somewhere closer to home just for peace of mind. 

I was just thinking that too. Have to work within whatever parameters I’ve been given, I guess. If that means a cool/cold vacation, I’ll just have to dress warm and suck it up. :P

25 minutes ago, shaar said:

I've been to Vegas and it's... okay?  The weather is v. nice but it can get real crowded and very busy, and it can kinda be Sensory Overload with all the lights and sounds if you're not prepared (and even if ya are)! 

I too went to Vegas when I was much younger. I was initially caught off guard by how overindulgent and excessive it is, like… there’s so much poverty and grave issues in the world but this hedonistic gong show somehow still exists?!  But it’s still one of those places you have to experience for yourself at least once, and my husband’s never been.

------------

Someone at work actually mentioned New Orleans as a possible destination, which might be nice. I’m just so annoyed that Miami is America’s Zika capital, I love that place so much.

• Like 2

So it looks like both husband and I are pretty psyched to do Vegas, so that’s what we’ll do. I have vague concerns that there will be too much second-hand smoke there but all my research is showing that it’s quite safe for pregnant women, you just have to stay hydrated and make sure you eat/rest.

Forgot my progesterone supplement for the first time last night, oops! Nevertheless, still nauseous af this morning, hooray. I’m doing a full morning of training this morning, so talking with a sore throat + no chance to snack makes me worry that I’m going to feel like total crap by the end of the day. Hopefully I am just being a pessimist!

• Like 4

Feeling pretty good today. I don’t have much of a sore throat or cough, and my preggo symptoms are taking a breather too. I’m at the point where not feeling nauseous is weird, haha. Tired though. Was coughing all through the night, it was so annoying.

Tonight is the last chance to book our Vegas vacation! I haven’t been there in over 10 years, can’t wait to see how it’s changed. We’re only going to be there during the week so it shouldn’t be too busy either.

• Like 3

Hiyo NF! Sorry I've been AWOL, life's been busy and I steppes away from thr computer for a good while there. Some updates...

1. Had my final day at my job where they tried to stuff me with lemon cake and cinnamon buns. ;) Got a goodbye card and lots of hugs. Will miss the people but not going to that place anymore, phew!

2. Trip to Vegas booked! We are going Sunday to Friday next week, can't wait to experience some warmth and revelry. 

3. Had my first ultrasound and holy shit everything looks great so far. Embryo is  bigger than last time (in fact, dating by ultrasound makes it 3 days ahead of schedule growth-wise) and the heartbeat is strong. My doctor has put me on thyroid medication just to be safe though, my levels are always a bit off.

So that's my life right now. I've been told no exercise for another 4-5 weeks except walking, and I have to consume A LOT more water and freggies. Refined carbs are not recommended, daily protein and dairy are a must.

• Like 4

YAAAAY sounds like things are going great!  So glad your ultrasound went super smooth and everything is looking awesome too!!! :DDDD

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Plazmotic said:

Had my final day at my job where they tried to stuff me with lemon cake and cinnamon buns.

Omg, that sounds heavenly~  I haven't had a cinnamon bun is months.  ...I think I need to make some now.  xD

2. Trip to Vegas booked! We are going Sunday to Friday next week, can't wait to experience some warmth and revelry.

Hooray!  Have an awesome trip!  I've never been to Vegas, but I hear the buffets are amazing!  

3. Had my first ultrasound and holy shit everything looks great so far. Embryo is  bigger than last time (in fact, dating by ultrasound makes it 3 days ahead of schedule growth-wise) and the heartbeat is strong. My doctor has put me on thyroid medication just to be safe though, my levels are always a bit off.

Yes~~!  So happy and continuing to send all the prayers/hopes/good thoughts for this!  :D   A little Plazmotic will be so awesome~! <3

So that's my life right now. I've been told no exercise for another 4-5 weeks except walking, and I have to consume A LOT more water and freggies. Refined carbs are not recommended, daily protein and dairy are a must.

Really?  I never knew the no exercise bit was a thing.  Is it because your body can get too stressed out and unable to care for another life?  I suppose it makes sense.  It's just interesting to me because I've watched friends do all sorts of things during pregnancy, but I wasn't always sure why. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jlailin said:

I never knew the no exercise bit was a thing.  Is it because your body can get too stressed out and unable to care for another life?  I suppose it makes sense.  It's just interesting to me because I've watched friends do all sorts of things during pregnancy, but I wasn't always sure why. 

Yeah it's because of my history. My doctor said this usually isn't required for pregnant women, but in my case she wants me to play it safe for the first trimester.

• Like 1

HI, NF! Sorry for going AWOL again, life happened.

1. I had two weeks off after my last job ended. The first week I prepped for Vegas and second week was Vegas itself. Those two weeks (and the week after) were probably the worst of my pregnancy symptoms, unfortunately. Plus I caught a bad cold just as we were leaving for Vegas, so I couldn't taste anything the first 3 days AND I had such a high fever (that I couldn't take craploads of drugs for, because preggo) that I spent the first night in Vegas with icy towels on my forehead, hallucinating at the ceiling. And once my sense of smell did come back, I was nauseated by all the cigarette smoke smell. I mean, I'm glad we went, but that vacation was one of the more disappointing ones in recent times. It was my husband's first time in Vegas, and he was like "this was fun, but if I come back I'm going with my bros instead" and I definitely can't blame him.

2. New job is going well, so far it's my 4th week here and I'm enjoying it muchly. Commute being 1/3rd of the length definitely is part of it. People here keep saying "yeah you like it here now, but wait a couple years." LOL

3. This week marked the end of the first trimester for me, so it was time to see whether things were okay or not. GUYS, THERE'S A REAL LIVE FETUS IN THERE. I went for an ultrasound on Tuesday and got photos of teh bebbeh. My fertility doctor confirmed the baby was a good size, had a good heart beat, and was low risk for Down Syndrome. Then yesterday I went to my OB and they let me HEAR the heartbeat and record it on my phone so that I could show to my husband. OB confirmed everything looks good and made some recommendations for what to do/not to do until I hit 20 weeks.

SO! I've been given the okay to exercise again but it looks like OCR is out for now, LOL. Leaning towards walking/jogging supplemented by prenatal yoga classes. Also I have a big list of Things To Eat and Things Not To Eat and I am having a Very Hard Time avoiding processed carbs like regular pasta and rice because my cupboard is FULL of that crap.

Aaaaaand that's my good news update for the day! :)

• Like 2