Consider this a respawn journal.

I took part in a couple of challenges in Summer last year, but as soon as university stepped up and I was travelling a lot between school and family, I lost my way again. This year at university has been harsh - obviously, the work is harder and there's more of it, but a bunch of personal stuff has been going on too. 

But I'm done with excuses. I really struggle with self-regulation and admitting mistakes. Always justifying what went wrong...

I have decided to start a casual battle log to try and remain accountable but flexible - life's unpredictability makes it difficult for me to have a solid routine, but I am going to try and keep as much 'stuff' going as I can despite this. So, here is where I will track whatever I am working on at the time, whether that be my diet, my studies, my mental health etc. My general goals are to incorporate healthy daily choices alongside keeping up with the demands of university, and see if I can truly become more accountable to myself through using this log. 

Perhaps I will return to the 4 week challenges at some point, but for now, this is getting me back into facing my decisions and tracking the ones that went well and the ones that went not so well, in my physical health, my mental health and in life in general.

So, hello if anyone is reading this! I can't promise this thread will be interesting or regular or inspiring, but hopefully it works for me.

Uplifting song for this post - Two Steps From Hell / Never Give Up On Your Dreams

"Little by little, one travels far."
J. R. R. Tolkien (1892 - 1973)

~ Constantly Respawning ~

So, the next month or so is going to be chaotic. On top of usual lectures and travelling home, I have 3 deadlines, a bunch of travelling for different appointments and a wedding to help with.

I'm determined to ace this month... But I am so bad at getting started.

Each day is different, but a consistent weekday routine is probably the best way to get my ass into gear each day. So with that in mind, I will track how well the following goes:

Wake up at 7:15 every weekday.

Drink a glass of water by 7:30

Eat breakfast by 7:50

Shower, dressed etc. by 8:25

Get a drink of water or tea and open curtains by 8:30

And then I will either pack my drink in my bag to go to uni or take it upstairs to plan my day. No matter what the day has in store for me, I want to be doing something productive or useful at 9:00. On some days, this might be a lecture, but as long as whatever it is is constructive to my day then I'll be happy.

Let's do this.

Song of the day - Shinedown / State of My Head

The plan went okay today - I found it took longer than I realised to wake myself up enough to have a drink of water, and I ended up being 5 minutes late out of the door because I wasn't quick enough showering etc. But on the whole I got everything done that I wanted to... I just need to try and be a little quicker on the days I need to be out the house straight away. 

Tomorrow isn't one of those days though so I'll see how the plan works for a general morning before tweaking it. 

Today's song - Black Stone Cherry / In My Blood

Friday morning went smoothly, as well as yesterday morning. Today I was running late and didn't get chance to do everything I wanted to do, but it's 9:06 and I'm sat at my desk about to work on one of my assignments. It's much better than when I haven't been sticking to a routine anyway.

Tomorrow will be a strange one as I am off into London for an appointment (6 hour round trip) so I will be up at the crack of dawn. I am going to keep the routine but just move it a little a lot earlier and see how I do.

I have a deadline Thursday so will probably be up early to submit it to make sure it goes through in time, but again, the routine will be kept. Back to normal Friday.

Song of the Day - Halestorm / Dear Daughter