Shoobie's baby steps to awesomesauceness

Hi!

I'm Shoobie. You can learn more about me over there at the rebel introductions! I know you are all dying to get to know me so I'll make it easy... Click here!

I can't wait till the next challenge!!! I think I have all of my goals organized for that but some of the how to's are still foggy. We'll cross that bridge when we get to that, eh?

Until the start of the next challenge is here for me to bask in its awesomeness, I have decided on some very simple things I wanna start doing in order to start getting used to a healthier lifestyle. 

• Fill in my spreadsheet (I am sure one day I'll have the guts to share that... for now, it is so full of holes and inaccuracy that I am ashamed of it!)

I have several tabs in my spreadsheet. A friend made it for me... I am good with excell but not -that- good. It is amazing if used properly... honestly! There's a tab for logging food and notes about the day, one for logging weight and measurements, one for comparing weight fluctuation according to the phase of the menstrual cycle, one for graphs (coz let's face it... who doesn't love graphs? -- Don't answer that... I'll be upset :P) and one with weird calculations for a weight goal and how much should be lost per week. 

Thing is... I only have to fill in two of those tabs and all the rest fills in by itself... It's like magic! Which means I am just lazy really.

Image result for it's magic gif

• Eat vegetables every day (yeah yeah... I know... I'm terrible)

Well for starters I am a picky eater... there's that... So not a lot of variety on the menu... so I might get tired of eating the same stuff... But also I can't be lazy and go for pasta coz it is easier to cook, yanno? 

Are you spotting a trend of laziness yet?

• Go to the gym 3 times a week.

This is gonna be a struggle. I have anxiety attacks with the whole going to the gym thing. It's stupid, it's nonsense, but it's real. The way I see it I just have to keep pushing it... I dunno... I am open to ideas and methods of not having an anxiety attack due to the prospect of exercising. 

• Keep up with doctor's appointments and whatnot

At the present time, I am dealing with a couple of different issues on top of the regular stuff brought to you by the ever so lovely PCOS and Metabolic Syndrome. They are mostly hormonal. I have been to the doctor and have scheduled some tests which will happen in the next 2 weeks to try to find out what's going on with my uterus. I'm pretty sure I have the answer: My uterus hates me... that's the problem. My doctor doesn't seem to agree with me and wants to dig further. The PCOS and Metabolic syndrome are flaring up (mainly coz of poor life choices) and I will never hear the end of it when I go see my endocrinologist tomorrow, I am sure... Not sure what the course of action will be there... will know tomorrow and update. 

image.jpeg.a9ef71ea803f72119112ac788d2f8671.jpeg

I think those are the main things I am trying to get under control before the challenge starts and I am sure some of my goals will derive from this. At this point I count every little step as a HUGE win, so bear with me if I get super excited over almost nothing!

Thanks for reading and such... Any criticism, help, opinion, cute gif and cat picture is welcome!

Intro: Intro thread

Current challenge: Shoobie's baby steps to greatness

Eventually, all the pieces fall into place. Until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moment, and know that everything happens for a reason - Carrie Bradshaw

Oh!! Look! I ate a healthy dinner! Zucchini noodles (summer squash maybe? some things can definitely get lost in translation) and homemade bolognese sauce! :D

1520387427415.thumb.JPEG.8b9f2fda39ee380ff57ee6c3f9b8e989.JPEG

Eventually, all the pieces fall into place. Until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moment, and know that everything happens for a reason - Carrie Bradshaw

Well, I had no internet all day yesterday and I hate typing on the phone... so... I turned to playing with clay to keep my mind busy.

5aa14b8872af3_WhatsAppImage2018-03-08at01_37_54.thumb.jpeg.145e625fa7ff43e995713630370b3be7.jpeg

I'm still not happy with his face... Will have to do something about that.

I went to the endocrinologist. He wants me to get some of the blood work redone coz he wants to be sure it isn't my high insulin levels that are making the TSH go up... if it isn't, hypothyroidism it is... let's hope not! He also prescribed this injection that should normalize my pancreas... It's sooooo freaking expensive tho! *sigh* He was quite pleased that I lost 2 Kg in one month, so there's that... continue with exercising and diet *Ughh*

I didn't go to the gym yesterday. I did eat the left over zuchinni noodles. but did have a sandwich for dinner :( I'm sorry!

Hopefully today I'll do better. I'm meeting my stepmom for dinner. I'll try to keep it as healthy as possible while eating out. 

Well one more day and here I am!

Still no gym but this time on doctors orders. The doctor doesn't want me lifting weights and overdoing stuff while he can't find out why I'm bleeding... So I am off the hook there... even tho I'd rather a million times be going to the gym at this point. 

Food wise I'm doing alright. I forgot to take pictures but been eating salads and vegetables accompanied by a protein of sorts... either chicken or beef...

I still haven't started logging my food on my spreadsheet. I am recording my weight and measurements tho... so half a win there.

I made some progress on Yoda... filled in some cracks and figured out why I am not happy with his face... probably because he is looking more like "o Mestre dos Magos" from dungeons and dragons (i dunno the character name in English... this guy:

Image result for mestre dos magos 

However, it is my first Yoda... so maybe next time will come out better. Doing baby groot and BB-8 wasn't that hard the first time around... but I do enjoy challenges. I got my nails done yesterday so I have to wait to paint it (have a party to go on Sunday and can't have my nails full of paint!!!). Might have it somewhat ready by the end of next week!!!