A Druid emerges from slumber

That's really what it feels like, that I've been asleep for around a decade only to wake up suddenly and find myself not pleased(TM) with the state of my body. I'm stiff, fat, and easily winded, not the me I think of as me at all, and the time to change it was yesterday. (Technically 2 weeks ago, but who says that? "That's so 2 weeks ago...")

So I joined the Academy, took the plunge, and have been following the lesson plan as per the magic missives that miraculously appear on the seeing stone. The instructions for this week included, "Reach out to fellow Nerds," paraphrased. I know that's sage advice, because I've done the whole go it alone thing, without a kitten in hand, even, and it sucked hardcore. And I failed. Repeatedly.

So far, so good. 10 pounds down, feeling really good, and enjoying the baby steps of the program. That's my other issue. I'm usually a Tigger, that all or nothing, Tiggers love something until they hate it approach that just doesn't work for me. The proof is in the pudding, and the pies, and the cookies, and the salted caramels...you get the picture. I have been the poster child for the definition of insanity, Jillian Michaels nowhere in sight.

So this is me, doing something different, drastically different from my old ways and hoping that this path that a lot of you have been walking for way longer is well traveled for a good reason, because it works. Can't wait to see where this goes!

• Like 2

Challenges: 123