I'm here for a few reasons. The real kickoff was realizing how many extra pounds I picked up this winter. My clothes are tight, I'm not proud of my appearance, and I know i can do better. 

One wrench in the works is the fact that I dislocated my shoulder this winter, and to really fix it I need surgery, which is set for next week. I'm going to be inactive for a few weeks, then I'm in for 6 months of physical therapy. I am terrified of gaining more weight and dropping into bad habits (takeout, processed foods, general laziness). Over the last year or so I've focused a lot, maybe too much, on my weight and what I'm eating. There have been fits and starts with lots of good intentions (walking, rowing, weight lifting, a month of vegetarian only meals, a Whole 30), but no lasting changes. Even before all this, it was clear to me that I'm not strong or in particularly good shape - but I can be. It's time to make some changes that really, really, really stick. So here I am -  I'm committing not just to the PT, but to getting stronger after that, and finally building some good habits that stick. 

TL;DR: Glad to be here, ready to work. 

• Like 1