The Battle Chef's Log

12 minutes ago, Azukmul gro-Dragnar said:

Wall-mounted storage.  Gets it off the floor & out of the way.

Ah, makes sense :) For some reason I thought it was permanently affixed to the wall.  Which would be strange...

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

15 hours ago, ladyofthebog said:

my word. "like" does not encapsulate my feeling about your gym. stuff of dreams! bad a$$

Thanks.  I'm fortunate enough to have the space for it.  I recently broke even on the cost of that gym vs cost of a membership, so as long as I don't keep spending money on equipment (I'm totally going to be spending money on equipment), it'll start saving me some cash.  It already does save me a long commute and a few hours of wasted time per week.

Not pictured: My flippin' tire, and the components for sandbags.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Azukmul gro-Dragnar said:

Did the bare minimum and called it a day

Some days are like that.  It could also be your body's way of suggesting you don't push too hard, because it needed a little break

HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

14 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Some days are like that.  It could also be your body's way of suggesting you don't push too hard, because it needed a little break

It doesn't help that I chronically don't get enough sleep (factors beyond my control at the moment).  I do however have a surprise bonus day off this Friday, so I believe naps will be a thing.

Week 7 Day 4
Ended up filling sandbags for training and feeling sulky.  I now have 10 (25#) sandbags and a box of demolition bags to hold them.  The demolition bags are only rated for 110# each, but as long as I double them up and am not overly aggressive they should hold up.  Worst case scenario I can get a crappy duffel bag and cut the straps off.

Week 8 Day 1

Bench Press 3x5+ 155#
5/5/7

Barbell Row 3x5+ 155#
5/5/6

Squat 3x5+ 155#
5/5/6

I was tempted to do this as a circuit 'cause the weights for the 3 main lifts are identical, but I don't think I am strong enough to move the fully loaded barbell from the floor to the squat height just yet.
Everything went smoother than anticipated, which is nice.  Knee/elbow sleeves (the ace bandage variety, not a powerlifter sleeve or anything) helped, I think.

• Like 1

Worked up to a 135# overhead press today.  Finding it hard to get gym time, but I've been doing so much yard work it basically counts.
A friend of mine was helping me clear out some storm debris and I got him to help me move some old tractor attachments (I think it was a grader?).  It didn't look too big, but he was there so why not.  Turns out 2/3 of the damn thing sunk into the ground.  That's what happens when it sits there for 20 years, I guess?  Waaaaay heavier than we thought but we got it moved.  Shit like that is why I lift.

• Like 2

NEVERsate Linear Progression Week 1 Day 2
Overhead Press Day

MGS
Assisted Chinup Negatives 4x4

4/4/4/4

Overhead Press 85# 4x8

8/8/8/8

Barbell Twist 85# 4x8

4/4/4/4

SGS

Inverted BW rows 4x8

6/6/6/6

Assisted Dips 4x8

8/8/8/8

Barbell Twist 65# 4x8
4/4/4/4

AGS/Conditioning
Nope

Hoooooooly shit my legs are thrashed.  Don't care if I couldn't even complete the main set.  I think I'll take the first 2 weeks to ramp up to the full program.

My body after finishing the above exercise (which is roughly 4 times more volume than previously when you factor in both giant sets)
tumblr_lygyx4ugqo1r8szlgo2_500.gif

• Like 1

NEVERsate Linear Program Week 1 Day 3
DEADLIFT DAY!

Time-For-Deadlift.jpg

MGS
KB Swing, 16 kg 4x8

8/8/8/6
Deadlift 165# 4x8

8/8/8/3

Plank 4x:30

20/30/20/0

My legs finally stopped hurting from Sunday's squats.  I am told by other people who ran the program that the first 3 weeks are hell adjusting to the format & volume.  So it's good to know it's not just me being a wimp, lol.  Honestly, never trained to to point of being sick before.  My poor gym floor did not deserve that...  I refuse to quit.  Don't care if I cannot complete an entire workout from here until week 12.  Not quitting.

• Like 1

NEVERsate Linear Progresswion Week 1 Day 4

Bench Day

MGS

Axle Row 115# 4x8

8/8/8/8

Bench Press 115# 4x8

8/8/8/8

Bandy Twisty Things 4x8
8/8/8/8

SGS
Barbell Row 105# 4x8

8/8/8/8

Push Ups 4x8
4/3/3/2
Bandy Twisty Things 4x8

8/8/8/8

Still sucking wind massively, finishing the second giant set by any means necessary.  Slowly getting easier, though I say that the day before squat day...

NEVERsate Linear Progression Week 2 Day 2

Press

MGS

Assisted Chinup 4x4
4/4/4/4
Overhead Press 92.5# 4x8

8/8/8/8
High Bandy Twisty Things 4x8

8/8/8/8

SGS
Assisted Chinup 4x4

4/4/3/2
KB Press 20 kg 4x8/side

8/6/6/5
High Bandy Twisty Things 4x8
8/8/8/8

I don't want to say the workouts are getting easier, but I feel less like a dumpster fire at the end, so yay progress!

My crummy 200 sq ft home gym is extremely crowded with equipment now...  I'm going to have to recruit some friends to help reorganize everything.

NEVERsate Linear Progression Week 2 Day 4

Bench

MGS

Axle Rows 125# 4x8

8/8/8/8

Bench Press 125# 4x8
8/8/8/8
Bench Windshield Wipers 4x4
4/4/4/4

SGS
KB Row 24 kg 4x8

8/8/8/8

Close Grip Bench Press 105# 4x8
8/8/8/8
Bench Windshield Wipers 4x4

4/4/2/3

The mosquitoes are fierce and the humidity potent today.  Friggin' Summer.  I should be a reverse snow bird and move to wherever it's winter all year long...

Holy crap windshield wipers are brutal D:  My clothes are 100% sweat soaked, head to toe.

• Like 1