• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sloth the Enduring

[Sloth] The Time of the Hammer is Upon Us.

19 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Slothboy got into a fight on the bus this morning.  He was showing off his pennies that he was bringing for a cancer drive.  An older, mean kid took them and he fought back.  I don't really care that he fought in this instance, but he scratched the kid's face up.  We had a talk about fighting and I made him practice throwing punches.

Sounds like something worth fighting for.  God for you for teaching how to punch.  Hopefully he will never need it, but if he ever does need it, knowing how to do it properly is a valuable skill.  I have been teaching Ghostlet how to punch (and also not to punch) but he still isn't any good at it.  I don't think he has the potential to be a contender :D 

• Like 8

Here finally. I miss the days of the battle log and I didn’t have to keep tracking you down. 

Fighting is bad but good for Slothboy to stand up for himself. Sounds more like you might need some lessons from him. Claw marks = 1. Don’t mess with this kid, 2. Look at me I’m a loser bully and deserve these marks on my face. How did Slothboy come out? Is he okay?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I don't know if I said this last challenge, but he fell off of his roof and some how only broke his heel bone.

So why didn't you mention your dad was Superman, hmm?

4 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I now have a piece of woods to hide in if needed.

Oh is this the dream or is this the dream? I hope you plan to build and awesome den. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, deftona said:

He has to keep in on the low down to manage expectations.  Otherwise everyone be like "hey sloth, why aren't you more like your old man"

On the other hand, we've seen the way he is always superheroing around the neighborhood helping people out, so maybe we should have guessed?

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Does Brandt know you're asking strange men on the internet for pics of their pants?

:D Nope. You and he have similar issues about wearing (long) pants. Thus if I can get a photo of you WEARING your pants (not taking them off or without!), then I can maybe, maybe convince him that pants can be worn outside of church or very serious meetings. Then again, it doesn't bother me that he prefers long shorts, so nah... ;)

• Like 2

After school I brought a bunch of frozen meals to my dad.  I don't know if I said this last challenge, but he fell off of his roof and some how only broke his heel bone.  But he can't walk well and isn't leaving the house, so Mrs. Sloth is helping take care of his nutrition.

Wow, he was very, very lucky!

Here's some news from three years ago.  I finally got the deed settled for the reservation land I inherited when my mother died.  I now have a piece of woods to hide in if needed.

And again, lucky you! Is there anything built on it, like a cabin (non-scary kind), so you and the family can maybe visit for a holiday/break?

Slothboy got into a fight on the bus this morning.  He was showing off his pennies that he was bringing for a cancer drive.  An older, mean kid took them and he fought back.  I don't really care that he fought in this instance, but he scratched the kid's face up.  We had a talk about fighting and I made him practice throwing punches.

Good for him and you, although eeww for scratches to that boy's face. Does Slothboy have any idea what germs might be under his finger nails now? :D The boys also asked me to go through the self defense punches with them again. We haven't had trouble with bullies these last couple of months, but we'd like to keep it that way.

• Like 3

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 7:57 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

You can still chose to wear parachute pants.

Parachute pants are not a choice, they are a state of mind.

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 11:09 PM, EricMN said:

Pics or it didn't happen.

....still waiting.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Sounds like something worth fighting for.  God for you for teaching how to punch.  Hopefully he will never need it, but if he ever does need it, knowing how to do it properly is a valuable skill.  I have been teaching Ghostlet how to punch (and also not to punch) but he still isn't any good at it.  I don't think he has the potential to be a contender :D 

Apparently I should have taught him how to punch a long time ago.  We're a bi more on the peace-loving hippie side of the equilibrium in my neighborhood, so it never really came up before. Sloth boy won't be a contender either, he's little for his age

17 hours ago, Bearlee said:

Here finally. I miss the days of the battle log and I didn’t have to keep tracking you down. 

Fighting is bad but good for Slothboy to stand up for himself. Sounds more like you might need some lessons from him. Claw marks = 1. Don’t mess with this kid, 2. Look at me I’m a loser bully and deserve these marks on my face. How did Slothboy come out? Is he okay?

Geez, I updated my signature this time and everything.  Sometimes with bullies it's best to go straight to a physical response*.  I don't think this kid will pick on him again.  Too often the school response validates the bully and he feels like he can continue his evil ways.  Sloth boy got punched a bunch of times, but seems to have weathered it fine.

*This doesn't apply to girl bullies.  They will go all apeshit on your ass until someone is bleeding and on the ground.

16 hours ago, Endor said:

Hammertime!

anigif_enhanced-25915-1421793638-20.gif?

Can't touch this! 

Santa+CAT+GIF.gif

giphy.gif

15 hours ago, deftona said:

Oh is this the dream or is this the dream? I hope you plan to build and awesome den. 

My dad is a doofus.  

That's the dream, but it's not very accessible.  If I wanted to build on it I've have to get right of ways from several different landowners and have a road built that was at least a mile long.  That is probably unaffordable.  I could maybe raft a dock up the river and put some sort of house boat on it.  None of this is going to happen any time soon.

15 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

He has to keep in on the low down to manage expectations.  Otherwise everyone be like "hey sloth, why aren't you more like your old man"

On the other hand, we've seen the way he is always superheroing around the neighborhood helping people out, so maybe we should have guessed?

I'm way too much like my old man (and step-sloth is way too much like me).  My students called me a hero today, I'll get to that in my update.

14 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

:D Nope. You and he have similar issues about wearing (long) pants. Thus if I can get a photo of you WEARING your pants (not taking them off or without!), then I can maybe, maybe convince him that pants can be worn outside of church or very serious meetings. Then again, it doesn't bother me that he prefers long shorts, so nah... ;)

No, I will not give you a picture of me in pants so you can coerce poor Brandt into wearing pants.  He is on the side of history on this one.  

14 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Wow, he was very, very lucky!

And again, lucky you! Is there anything built on it, like a cabin (non-scary kind), so you and the family can maybe visit for a holiday/break?

Good for him and you, although eeww for scratches to that boy's face. Does Slothboy have any idea what germs might be under his finger nails now? :D The boys also asked me to go through the self defense punches with them again. We haven't had trouble with bullies these last couple of months, but we'd like to keep it that way.

No, the land was clear cut in the 60's.  There's a pipeline running across part of it.  Otherwise, it hasn't been touched in 50 years.  

I thought about a self-defense course for the kids when they started school, but their school is fairly calm and the idea slipped out of my head.

9 hours ago, Raxie said:

Parachute pants are not a choice, they are a state of mind.

....still waiting.

Did I mention I used to wear parachute pants on the regular in the early 80s?  'Cause I did.  Eventually I gave up on trying to be a cool kid and threw in with the pot heads and dirt balls who were a lot more accepting of the weirdo nerd kids There weren't enough weirdo-nerds to form our own crew.

4 hours ago, The Most Loathed said:

I was told that there'd be hammers. I don't see a hammer yet

Image result for gif i don't see a hammer

Perhaps my challenge write up was a bit oblique.  This challenge is actually about Hammer pants and Hammer dancing.

tumblr_l92hbsuyuy1qze4c7o1_500.gif

2 hours ago, jstanlick said:

So hard to get used to!

Oh and following...

Woot woot!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Perhaps my challenge write up was a bit oblique.  This challenge is actually about Hammer pants and Hammer dancing.

tumblr_l92hbsuyuy1qze4c7o1_500.gif

Your fancy pants dance won't save you on April 14th. Hammertime is coming for you:

d1ae657e2fd2abcb7dfa4ccf6034e3bed5532a58

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

On 3/13/2018 at 9:57 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

At first glance, I did not read that as 'pennies'.  

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Did I mention I used to wear parachute pants on the regular in the early 80s?  'Cause I did.  

If you provide me with photographic evidence of this, I will come over there and build you that mile long road myself.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Here's some news from three years ago.  I finally got the deed settled for the reservation land I inherited when my mother died.  I now have a piece of woods to hide in if needed.

Zombie Apocalypse Meeting Spot #1. That's its new name. 

Nice. Wish I would have got taught how to throw a punch, but I'm not sure if my old man knows how to do it. 

13 hours ago, The Most Loathed said:

Your fancy pants dance won't save you on April 14th. Hammertime is coming for you:

I'd like to be able to talk smack like this, but I got nothing except maybe you should fear me being so slow I take the title of Sloth away from you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rooks said:

I'd like to be able to talk smack like this, but I got nothing except maybe you should fear me being so slow I take the title of Sloth away from you.

Are you telling me that your running will be sloth-like

Image result for gif nudge

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 3/14/2018 at 7:35 PM, The Most Loathed said:

Hah. Not only will I beat you, but I’ll look good while doing it. 

23 hours ago, LadyShello said:

At first glance, I did not read that as 'pennies'.  

Hahaha. Slothboy has suddenly become very shy about his body. Which is weird, the rest of us are happy to walk around underdressed. 

20 hours ago, deftona said:

If you provide me with photographic evidence of this, I will come over there and build you that mile long road myself.

I seriously would if I could; after a decade of teaching middle school I don't embarrass easily. There are virtually no pictures of me in between when I was five and when we had Slothgirl and I bought a camera (that’s when my avatar picture happened).  Besides my beat boy phase, you’ll also miss my long-haired freak phase, my short-lived new wave phase, my grunge phase (aka the Northern Minnesotan look), and pictures of me young and fit and handsome. All you get is old and craggy. 

13 hours ago, Rooks said:

Zombie Apocalypse Meeting Spot #1. That's its new name. 

Nice. Wish I would have got taught how to throw a punch, but I'm not sure if my old man knows how to do it. 

It is pretty inaccessible with good food fishing, hunting, a sugar bush, and easy access to the rice marsh. The growing season is pretty short up there though. 

I don’t know that I know how to throw a proper punch either, but I got into enough fights as kid I guess. 

No no one takes the Sloth title from me.  NO ONE!

12 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Sometimes you gotta watch out for the little ones they'll surprise you.

:) they tend to fight dirtier. 

12 hours ago, The Most Loathed said:

Are you telling me that your running will be sloth-like

Image result for gif nudge

100% slow twitch. I might not be fast, but I can do it all night long. 

• Like 6

Weird couple of days. 

Yestreday was Shovelglove. Nothing else ‘cause lazy. 

In class a girl was opening a window.  She’s a real big girl, I’d bet 250# /110kg.  There’s a soapstone shelf along the windows.  She leaned on it to reach the windows and with her weight she compressed it enough that her elbow slipped in between the window and the shelf. She was trapped as if by a gill net. My students tend to be on the dramatic side. So she’s wailing and caterwauling. The other kids actually handled it pretty well, but they love drama. I tried to help her pull it out, but it was seriously stuck. I called for a custodian to see if they could help undo the shelf. They never came. I ended up getting a pry bar and ripping off the shelf. The kids cheered and called me a hero.  It was a funny moment. 

Nothing today. I was going to try training after school. 

During my after-lunch class, the one that gives me a headache every day, I stared having chest pain, right above my heart. Like something hard and heavy was pushing on it.  I was thinking, fuck an anxiety attack*, I don’t have time for this.  I made the appointment I’ve been planning to talk to my doctor about depression for tomorrow. 

*I don’t have any idea what an anxiety attack is like, but that was my thought. 

The chest pain got worse.  Like my whole chest was being squeezed.  I was still convinced it was mental, but since no one in my dad’s family (except my dad) has had a heart last long enough to see retirement age, I decided discretion might be in order and went to the emergency room after picking the kids up and bringing them to a friend. 

All the tests came came out fine. The doctor wanted to keep me overnight for monitoring, but I can’t afford that especially since I’m sure it’s not physical. We compromised on two more hours and another set of tests which were also fine.

(The tests show a low value for sodium, potassium, and calcium, which might explain all the cramping I’ve been having.)

Tomorrow I’ll see the doctor about mental health and schedule a stress test.  The doctor said no exercise until the stress test clears me. And he said it right in front of Mrs. Sloth.  Honestly though, that won’t change my life much. 

The radio is doing an hour long tribute to Orchestral Manuevers in the Dark, a British synth-pop band from the 80’s. I used to love them an unreasonably large amount.  On Sunday I’m going to see them with my college girl friend, my college roommate, and our spouses. I’m rather excited. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 1

It has been a long time since I thought about OMD. I think it is time to listen to them again.

I hope things get better soon. 

Nice going saving the girl, Mr. Hero Sloth.

I'm so sorry for the scare you had about your health/heart. Glad the results came out fine, but take care in the meantime.

I'm glad everything was ok with your heart, that's scary stuff. Enjoy OMD! Now I'll have this stuck in my head all day, but that's not a bad thing.

Adding in good vibes! I hope it was (just? - that sounds so wrong) anxiety and that getting in to speak to your doc gets you on the right track!