• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

sarakingdom

Sara Kingdom Has Nae King, Nae Quin, Nae Laird, and Nae Master

Week 2 Day 7

I did all the home things this weekend. 

I've assembled and encrypted a new backup drive, and loaded it with data. (I had one fail, which I found out after the other started getting flaky about connecting to the computer I wanted it to be on 24/7. The second one connects fine to my other computer and the drive health reports look fine, so it might be a cable going bad rather than the drive, but one and a half bad backup drives was not good.) I also made myself a new portable drive with an SSD to be super jostle-proof, which is going to be synced to my home directory.

Anyway, they're nicely encrypted and I've switched to assembling internal drives and universal enclosures myself, rather than buying external drives, so the innards and the case can be easily separated if one half fails.

Also, I impulse bought house stuff. All my soap, dish soap, shower gel, and shampoo is now in foaming dispensers. (It's nicer, it uses soap more frugally, i can get the giant bottles out of the shower, and it makes it easier to use Castile soap everywhere.) I made lotion bars and poured them into twist-up containers. And I made beeswax furniture polish. I have a lot of bare wood that needs some protective finish. I polished my plant stand and my cutting boards as a test. I made ginger cookies. I finally remembered to make dinner.  I'm making lunches for the week.

Also, I mopped, wiped down the cabinets and the stainless appliances, and went out to Easter brunch. But I'm avoiding folding the laundry.

Aye

• Pints drunk: 7/9
  • Things done. 22 things, in fact. Everything but folding the laundry and writing. (And I may do a placeholder amount of writing. But screw the laundry.)
  • Placeholder amount of strength training to aid the fightin' (I do not seem to have lost much strength in my low training period.)
  • I stole five minutes of meditation.

Nay

• I didnae make wise choices aboot the lyin' doon last night.
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Teirin said:

You did all the things!  Awesome!  How did you make the furniture polish?

One part beeswax to four parts olive oil, melt, and stir as it cools! Also doubles as leather polish. Which is fortunate, because I need a small amount of that, and was annoyed to buy stuff for one little thing.

• Like 1

Yay for doing All The Things!

The nice thing about wearing black is that people have trouble remembering what you wore yesterday. You can say "no, these are my textured black tights and the ribbed sweater. Yesterday was the striped tights and the cable sweater". You could wear the same base clothing every day with different colored scarves and they would never notice.

By any chance is your to-do list more ambitious than time allows? Says someone who might possibly have run into this issue on occasion.

Week 3 Day 1

Went home from work at the earlier time with a co-worker of mine, because I was exhausted. Still exhausted. I think last week's sleep fiasco is still catching up with me. Going to bed early tonight.

Aye

• Pints drunk: 5/9
  • Did a thing?

Nay

• I didnae do the lyin' doon entirely properly last night, though not too bad.
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Mistr said:

The nice thing about wearing black is that people have trouble remembering what you wore yesterday. You can say "no, these are my textured black tights and the ribbed sweater. Yesterday was the striped tights and the cable sweater". You could wear the same base clothing every day with different colored scarves and they would never notice.

I do actually own several copies of the same thing, in many cases.

4 hours ago, Mistr said:

By any chance is your to-do list more ambitious than time allows? Says someone who might possibly have run into this issue on occasion

It is definitely pushing it. It's usually a theoretical maximum. It plain old too long. Not on purpose, it just turns out that way. I do tend to trim a lot. Unfortunately, some of the things I want to do most after the easiest to trim.

Week 3 Day 4

Aye:

• Pints drunk: 2/9
  • Stole 15 minutes of meditation
  • Did well enough at the lyin' doon

Nay:

• TBA

Hagglin': TBA

I did the lyin' doon, but I'm aye exhausted. Left over from last week's sleep fiasco?

• Like 5

Week 4 Day 2

wee-free-men.jpg

Crivens! It's week 4 already! I dinna ken if I'm ready. (That ship looks alarmed about it, too.)

Aye:

• Pints drunk: 2/9

Nay:

• I didnae do the lyin' doon responsibly last night, but no' too bad
  • Like 6

I'm nae so weel at the moment. I'm nae officially ill, but I'm definitely nae so weel. Congested. Joints ache a lot. Today I hae things tae do, but Saturday may be a sick day, with all the sleepin' in and lyin' doon.

• Sad 2

Week 4 Day 5

Aye

• I did the lyin' doon last night. Twasnae easy, but I did it. (Joints throbbing. Mucus. Muscle pain. Horribleness.)
  • Pints drunk: 1/9

Nay

• Waily waily waily
  • There willnae be any fightin'

Aye, I'm a brave little soldier. *sniffle*

I found a recipe for gluten free and low carb Scandinavian-style crispbread. It was super delicious.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, sarakingdom said:

I did the lyin' doon last night. Twasnae easy, but I did it. (Joints throbbing. Mucus. Muscle pain. Horribleness.)

Sounds like time for the ship liniment. Both kinds, the smelly one for your achey muscles and the special one for the pain. I hope the lyin' doon helps you feel better so that you can do some fun things on the weekend.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Teirin said:

Any chance of posting that crispbread recipe?

This. Excellent. I used flax meal, and the sunflower seeds didn't take much grinding.

• Like 1

Hae decided I'm actually sick, only it went tae my chest first, which is unusual, so the mucus-based symptoms are minimal.

Also, verrrrrra dizzy. This is a small problem, as I canna spend the day in bed.

I need tae figure out how tae get more pints drunk. The water disnae go down fast enough, ye ken. Tis the problem with water. It canna be good for ye.

1 hour ago, sarakingdom said:

Hae decided I'm actually sick, only it went tae my chest first, which is unusual, so the mucus-based symptoms are minimal.

Also, verrrrrra dizzy. This is a small problem, as I canna spend the day in bed.

I need tae figure out how tae get more pints drunk. The water disnae go down fast enough, ye ken. Tis the problem with water. It canna be good for ye.

Hope you get better soon.  No idea if this would work for you, but I find that 1/3 OJ + 2/3 water + salt + 1/2 scoop of vanilla whey protein goes down easier than water when I'm sick.  Has the useful electrolytes, some sugar, and some protein in it too. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Teirin said:

Hope you get better soon.  No idea if this would work for you, but I find that 1/3 OJ + 2/3 water + salt + 1/2 scoop of vanilla whey protein goes down easier than water when I'm sick.  Has the useful electrolytes, some sugar, and some protein in it too. 

Aye, I used th' limmon juice and some lite salt wi' the potassium, an' enough ice to mak a slushie. Twasnae the best tastin', but it went down weel enough. 

• Like 1