[WhiteGhost] F* This Challenge!

WhiteGhost

F* This!  F* My Life!  Just F* Everything!!!

Image result for F it

OK, so in my last challenge I discovered that all of the things I was working on could be categorized with words beginning with F - Fitness, Flexibility, Food, and Focus.  This challenge I am going to raise the stakes, take it up a notch and see how many things I want to do can be described using only the letter F - and without reusing any words.

I am putting my Arruvia Conspiracy story on hold for this challenge and will come back to it later

Let's get this F-ing started :) 

1. Fatiguing Fitness - This is going to consist of 2 upper body days and one leg day.  One upper body day will be based on my old MUPS (Muscle UP Progression Sets) workout, and the other will be based on my ATW (Around the World) workout.  Legs will continue with a similar version to my current leg workout.  Details of the workout to come in the next post.  1 point per session - 3 points per week.

2. Frightening Flying Flips, Falls & Fails - I have recently found and signed up at a trampoline park and will be going there pretty much every week to work on flips.  My goals to reach by the end of this challenge are a standing backflip, and on the trampoline a double back, a back full twist and a front full twist.  One leg flips (gainer, cheat gainer, cork) will wait until later while I rest up my adductor which seems to have a mild strain.  I will very likely not reach all of these goals, but they are there just to give me some direction & focus.  1 point per session - 1 point per week.

3. Fidgeting, Flailing & Floundering - This is going to be mobility work, which could be active stretching, simple movements, parkour vaults or prep work for flips.  Targeting 2x per week.  Details of the items I want to be working on will come in the next post.  0.5 points per session - 1 point per week.

4. Foolish Frolicking - 2 times per week (at least) I want to play around with Ghostlet in some kind of active game.  It could be wrestling, foam sword fighting, dart gun wars, or just rolling around on the floor.  0.5 points per session - 1 point per week

5. Fast & Furious Fartleks - Windsprints twice per week.  No specific requirements on how hard and fast I need to do it (@Mr_Willes), just get in some sprints to build up/maintain speed and conditioning.  1 point per session - 2 points per week

6. Folding & Flows for Flexibility - Stretching of some kind every night before bed.  Mostly based on the Focused Flexibility Framework (See what I did there? :) )  0.5 points per session - 3.5 points per week.

7. Find Favorable Fare for Fuel - Eat home cooked food at least once per day. Best if it is something I have cooked myself, but not necessarily a requirement.  0.8 points per meal - 5.6 points per week. 

8. Frustrating Functional Focus -  This is a work based goal to improve efficiency.  I will be structuring this roughly on the quid pro quo concept I stole from @DarK_RaideR, where if I want to do non-work related activities during work hours, I need to first complete a work related task.  0.3 points per day - 1.5 points per week.

9. Forage for Fresh Fruit - Eat at least 1 serving of fresh fruit every day.  We have 3 crates of fruit in our house right now (2 orange and 1 apple) and they need to be eaten or they will go bad.  Also, eating fresh fruit is good for me, but I don't do it often enough.  No excuses.  0.1 points per fruit - 0.7 points per week

10. Fluid & Food Fluctuation File - Record what I eat in MFP every day.  I don't have any specific eating requirements in terms of calories or macros, but I find that just the act of tracking what I eat keeps me from snacking on trash. 0.1 points per day - 0.7 points per week.

This challenge has 20 points per week, over the five week comes to a total of 100 points.  This challenge will be graded as follows:

90-100 - A

80-89 - B

70-79 - C

0-69 - F

I can also get some extra credit bonus points from the following non-challenge specific activities:

Bonus 1: Flirtatious Frivolity - Date night with Mi Vieja - 5 points per date

Bonus 2: Farcical Finger Flexing - Practicing the Ukulele - 0.5 points per practice session

Bonus 3: Fixing Fiscal Formulas - Getting family financial issues taken care of (i.e. update IRA information, Update Ghostlet's bank registration, etc.) - 1 point per task

Sesame Street Letter F GIF

• Like 9
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

This post is primarily to outline my workouts

MUPS:

Jump muscleups x5

Lever pulls (straight arm pullups pulling the bar down in front of you as high as possible) x10

Chest to bar pullups x10

Bar Dips x10

Knees to bar x10

Headbangers x10

Toes (ankles in my case) to bar x10

Typewriters x10

Dragon lifts (a.k.a. Hollow body lifts) x10

Repeat series 2x

ATW:

1HOZWuc.gif

Leg Day

Tuck Jumps x20

Stool Pistol Squats x10/leg

Slip Leg Curls x50

Single Leg Deadlifts (50kgs) 3x5/leg

Jump Lunges x30

Hip Thrusts x30

Tabletops x20

Shrimp Squats x10/leg

Side Jump Lunges x30

Single Leg Hip Thrusts x15/leg

Back Squats (50kgs) 3x10

• Like 1

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28Mardi Gras [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

This challenge started yesterday so let's see where things stand

I didn't get any run in yesterday like I was planning because it was cold (-1c) and the air was dirty (AQI 155) but this morning I did my ATW workout.  (1 point)

I did my stretching last night which gives me another 0.5 points.  I had 2 home cooked meals yesterday (granola for breakfast and beef chili for dinner), I recorded everything in MFP and ate some fruit.

Altogether I am at 3.3 points, which is 17% of my weekly goal and 3 % of the challenge goal.

• Like 1

Level 2 Ninja

I am fery fascinated by the flock of fs in the fpost.

Damn, your local tramp park allows doubles? I went to see one in my area recently but it was disgustingly dirty and also had a giant sign saying NO DOUBLE FLIPS, which honstly if i owned a trampoline park I would probably have that rule to, haha. 

• Like 2

Halfling Assassin

Current challenge:  Tei un-schedules 

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12,  13, 14, 15 

"Our opponent is an alien starship packed with atomic bombs. We have a protractor." -- Fraa Erasmas

10 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Following for fartleks.

I saw what you did there ;) 

3 minutes ago, tei_ said:

I am fery fascinated by the flock of fs in the fpost.

Damn, your local tramp park allows doubles? I went to see one in my area recently but it was disgustingly dirty and also had a giant sign saying NO DOUBLE FLIPS, which honstly if i owned a trampoline park I would probably have that rule to, haha. 

Well, they have an announcement every hour so over the PA system that says no dangerous activities like back flips, but given their normal clientele this is not surprising.  Other than the coaches there, I haven't seen anyone who is even able to do a sit bounce and get back to their feet.  It is mostly kids who think it is some kind of bounce castle and the parents who don't know any better either.  I have been doing all kinds of crazy stuff there (back bounce wall runs, back bounce full twist, etc and the coaches have been cheering on so I don't think they will have any issues with it.

• Like 2

Level 2 Ninja

Uh, yeah, seems that way :(   Can a mod please delete these extra ones?

Level 2 Ninja

4 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Uh, yeah, seems that way :(   Can a mod please delete these extra ones?

I merged your three threads and cleaned up the reposts. @Sloth the Enduring and @tei_ I don't know if you were following one of the other two but just in case I tagged you so you can follow this one. Also I am following.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

5 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I merged your three threads and cleaned up the reposts. @Sloth the Enduring and @tei_ I don't know if you were following one of the other two but just in case I tagged you so you can follow this one. Also I am following.

legfontosabb-kutyas-gifek-3.gif

Following!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Halfling Assassin

Current challenge:  Tei un-schedules 

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12,  13, 14, 15 

"Our opponent is an alien starship packed with atomic bombs. We have a protractor." -- Fraa Erasmas

19 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Thank you sir, you are an officer and a gentleman.  And awesome :) Glad to have you here

12 minutes ago, tei_ said:

legfontosabb-kutyas-gifek-3.gif

Following!

That GIF is great :D 

• Like 1

Level 2 Ninja

3 hours ago, shoobie said:

*following* Love all of your F words! :D

Hi welcome :) 

5 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

When in doubt listen to Daft Punk:

Ya know, I don't think I have ever listened to Daft Punk in my life...  Any suggestion on where to start?

• Like 2

Level 2 Ninja

A lot of F-ing going on here. Following for fun.

This one is not Daft Punk but Pentatonix doing a medley of Daft Punk songs.

Or a weird little video from a couple of people interpreting their song.

But you’ve probably either seen them (DJs in Tron: Legacy) or heard the song they did with Pharrell Williams called Get Lucky. And they have a neat little project where one of their albums was turned into an anime which you can find on YouTube.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Viking Adventurer

Battle Log: Bearlee is ...

17 minutes ago, Bearlee said:

But you’ve probably either seen them (DJs in Tron: Legacy)

OK, yes, I watched that movie but I don't remember the DJs. 

I listened to the clips you attached and the music is something that I wouldn't turn off if it came on, but probably not something I would go out and buy

Level 2 Ninja

13 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I was about to come post Slipknot's "Surfacing" because the title sure is misleading, but here's a more suitable lyrical F-Bomb for you.

That song is hilarious :D   

• Like 1

Level 2 Ninja

1 hour ago, WhiteGhost said:

Ya know, I don't think I have ever listened to Daft Punk in my life...  Any suggestion on where to start?

I like their album discovery the best. Number 4 of that album is what the GIF is about. Harder Better Faster Stronger.

But my favorite is Aerodynamic

• Thanks 1

... a little odd in the head ...

38 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I was about to come post Slipknot's "Surfacing" because the title sure is misleading, but here's a more suitable lyrical F-Bomb for you.

23 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

That song is hilarious :D   

This is a great song when you are slightly mad and driving your car...

• Like 2

... a little odd in the head ...

23 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

If I may...

16 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

If you want to hear a remix, you can better let the gods themselves remix their own songs....

Yeah, I liked the second one better. I should probably go listen to the original though (unless the remixes are better???)

25 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

This is a great song when you are slightly mad and driving your car...

I live in Beijing, slightly mad is the default state when driving anywhere :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Level 2 Ninja

As a Language Arts teacher who is amazed by awesome alliteration, this f-ing challenge is a must-follow for me! Let me know if I can help in any way.

• Like 1

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Embraces His Wild Poet

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals More

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b