[WhiteGhost] F* This Challenge!

WhiteGhost

38 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

This week the cool thing I was doing was this:

Hide contents

Jvrnc0x.jpg

O

And you did not disappoint. That is super cool!

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Well, I spent the last 3 days at Club Med and it was awesome!  I spent almost the entire time doing a the following activities:

Trapeze - This particular Club Med didn't have private lessons, but they did have a couple of guys who could do catching so it was a different experience from last time, but still great.  They had it open for adults for 2 hours every day, the first 1.5 hours was learning new skills and then the last half hour of putting those into practice with the catcher.  I learned a bunch of new tricks including Bat (hang upside down from the bar with you legs straight but hooked on the side wires for support), Hocks Off (like a knee hang but holding the bar in the middle) and Back End Hocks Off (same as hocks off but you get into the hang by hopping over the bar at the top of the swing).  All of these release blind into the catcher so you are swinging while looking away from him and then when he call you just flip out and hope he is there (he always is).  The last one was the Pull Over Pump Shoot (pull yourself up and around the bar so you are laying horizontally on top of it, then when you get to the top of the swing you throw the bar down and behind you and you sail over the top to connect with the catcher.  I am scoring these in the Flips category, but only because I didn't have the foresight to create a separate Flying category

"Rock" climbing - They had only a short indoor wall, which was covered in hug jugs so I don't think there was any particular grading system or set routes.  The bigger section was straight up and down, the intermediate had a slight overhang and the advanced section had a pretty big overhang

X1B5AdK.jpg

I tried the advanced section 3 times and was able to send it twice, but it didn't really require much technique.  Mostly it was just muscling through the tough spots.  I tried doing some dynos on the intermediate section just for the sake of trying dynos.  I discovered that you really need to be careful with these because they are really hard on the shoulder.  After a couple I decided not to do any more because I was worried about injuring myself.  They also had a blindfold for some reason and you could try doing the climbs blindfolded.  I didn't know blindfolded rock climbing was even a thing but I decided to give it a go because it was there.  I was able to sent the beginner and intermediate blindfolded but didn't eve attempt the advanced.  I am counting this in the Fidgeting category

Archery - they had an archery range which was a lot of fun, I spent at least 30 minutes every day there with Ghostlet, but when I left to go do my trapeze he stayed on the range and was putting hundreds of arrows down range every day.  By the time we left he was consistently hitting inside the 9 ring, and even had a few perfect bulls eyes.  I am counting this in the Fun category

Ping Pong - When any of the other activities was closed or we had some free time, we were usually hanging around the ping pong table.  Ghostlet started the trip just being able to return a few easy serves, by by the end he was doing some pretty impressive smashes.  He always wanted to have  matches against me, but to make it fair I had to go it left handed.  By the time we left, I was almost as comfortable left handed as I was with my right :D  This also counts for Fun (but I am not going to double count with the archery)

Eating - They had buffets for every meal and I started out by gorging myself to the point fo feeling sick, but then I figured out for the first time in my life that I didn't HAVE to eat everything they offered.  I think it is a holdover growing up where food was a bit scarce and buffets were rare and the only chance to really get stuffed (other than thanksgiving) so I subconsciously feel like I need to eat to the point of bursting to "get my money's worth".  For the first time, I decided that I could go with just a main and a salad and I didn't even feel anxious about it, like I was wasting something.  I felt kind of liberating, actually, and in the end I actually ended up enjoying it even more than usual.

With all of the bustle of activity, there wasn't much time to just sit and relax, but I did get a few hours alone with Mi Vieja which was great to just sit and relax and chat just watch the waves hitting the beach.  I'm going to count these as Flirting

So I still have today to get a few last points in (and I need to get a whole bunch of burpees in tonight for the house cup...) but most of the regular categories (flexibility, fuel, etc.) didn't get much points and it all came from the few categories above.

As of right now, I am sitting at 22.3 points (112%) for the week, which is 81% for the whole challenge .  All I need is 0.1 points to match my score from last week

• Like 8
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

5 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Image result for hulk roar gif

You didn't need to be so mean to her. I'll clean the couch myself if that's what you want. So grumpy!

Oh, it's on now!

Image result for hulk shouting gif

Anything else besides all that shouting, honey?:P

I totally thought she was younger too.  She definitely doesn't sound like a crouton, because croutons don't typically level up that fast :) 

I have not leveled up since november waterfall-eye emoticon by 19thSenshi

8 hours ago, annyshay said:

I'm just in here partying with the old folks.

Sshhhhh, WG doesn't know it was you who did that mess in the bathroom. Better stay quiet...

-----

Everything in your vacation sounds great, WhiteGhost. I'm SO jealous right now, it looks like you had so much fun! The trapeze picture is amazing!

• Haha 2

When I let go of what I am,

I become what I might be.

What an awesome holiday!

Your trapeze thing looks so cool!!! :o I'm really impressed too, the one time I tried flying trapeze I could only manage the most basic catch and nothing else. Admittedly a lot of that lesson was spent yelling back NOPE at the instructors whenever they told me to let go. :P  

Oh and blindfolded climbing is not really a thing. I guess it can be used as a drill to improve sensitivity and balance, but barely even that. And not on walls like that.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, zenLara said:

Anything else besides all that shouting, honey?:P

Oh, did you forget about the smash part? Because there is also the smash part

https://giphy.com/gifs/hulk-smash-w7vCeUW0m3OsUb2sHZ

3 hours ago, zenLara said:

I have not leveled up since november waterfall-eye emoticon by 19thSenshi

That's called winter. Nobody levels up in winter ;)

Sshhhhh, WG doesn't know it was you who did that mess in the bathroom. Better stay quiet...

Nope, not buying it. I saw that mess and there is no way that could have been a single person :P

Everything in your vacation sounds great, WhiteGhost. I'm SO jealous right now, it looks like you had so much fun! The trapeze picture is amazing!

Thanks! I was tons of fun, but I didn't get many pictures. the photographer (aka grandpa) was too busy taking pictures of Ghostlet.

2 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Admittedly a lot of that lesson was spent yelling back NOPE at the instructors whenever they told me to let go. :P  

2 hours ago, zenLara said:

I've never been on a trapeze, but I can totally relate to this.

That was a very common response :)

2 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Oh and blindfolded climbing is not really a thing. I guess it can be used as a drill to improve sensitivity and balance, but barely even that. And not on walls like that.

OK, that makes sense. While I was doing it I kept wondering what the point was and my only guess was that it was to up the endurance difficulty level  because you spend so much time waving your hands around trying to find the biggest jug.  It was an interesting experience but not really one worth doing again

• Like 2

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

3 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Oh, did you forget about the smash part? Because there is also the smash part

You would still need to catch me... you know... Because there is also the Hulk-has-no-brain part :P

Image result for hulk dumb gif

3 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

I saw that mess and there is no way that could have been a single person :P

She brought the whole Shire with her.

1 hour ago, annyshay said:

WG knows who the real trouble maker is here. ;) 

Related image

• Haha 2

When I let go of what I am,

I become what I might be.

22 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

And you did not disappoint. That is super cool!

Thanks, I thought so too :) 

11 hours ago, annyshay said:

Nice try, @zenLara. WG knows who the real trouble maker is here. ;) 

What if it stays winter for ever? Asking for Minnesota.

I think we ALL know who the trouble makers are around here ;) 

Honestly I don't know how you guys do it.  Leveling up in the Lands of Always Winter seems to me to be a theoretical impossibility but you guys still seem to do it anyway.  You guys must have some kind of XP bonus multiplier that comes from just being badass enough to even survive in a place like that.  

9 hours ago, zenLara said:

You would still need to catch me... you know... Because there is also the Hulk-has-no-brain part :P

Image result for hulk dumb gif

Are you trying to make me angry?  You wouldn't like me when I'm angry

Related image

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Level 2 Ninja

OK, last week is over so time for a summary

WEEK 3:

1. Fatiguing Fitness - Target is 3 times but I only got in 1 (Around the World).  Leg day and MUPS didn't happen because I had other priorities :) (1 point) 

2. Frightening Flying Flips, Falls & Fails - I didn't make it to the trampoline park, but spent 3 amazing days on the flying trapeze (3 points)

3. Fidgeting, Flailing & Floundering - Did some rock climbing over 3 days which I am counting towards this goal (1.5 points)

4. Foolish Frolicking - Archery and ping pong with Ghostlet for this event and well as a few rounds of Mahjong on Monday (2 points) 

5. Fast & Furious Fartleks - No running at all this week, but I got in loads and loads of walking (0 points)

6. Folding & Flows for Flexibility - I only got in one stretching session last week and my body is really feeling it.  I really, really need to get back on this for this week (0.5 points)

7. Find Favorable Fare for Fuel - I was surprised that I got as much points on this as I did, but having cooked all of the days I was in town as well as some healthy snacks kept this one decent (4.2 points) 

8. Frustrating Functional Focus -  I managed to get points every day I was in the office last week, which I think is a first for me.  It helps that I have some real work going on which tends to keep me fairly busy (0.9 points)

9. Forage for Fresh Fruit - Did not do as well on this one.  I only got in 3 servings of fresh fruit, but two were on the same day so it only counts as 2.5 total servings (0.25 points)

10. Fluid & Food Fluctuation File - Only recorded 3 days in MFP (0.3 points)

Bonus 1: Flirtatious Frivolity - I scored myself as having 1 full date and two half dates over the three days I was there, which by itself already gives me 50% of my weekly target :)  (10 points)

Bonus 2: Farcical Finger Flexing - Nothing here (0 points)

Bonus 3: Fixing Fiscal Formulas - Nothing here either (0 points)

So that gives me a whopping 23.65 points for the week, which is 118% of my target making this my best week of the challenge.  I am going into the final week ahead of the curve, so I only need 17.3 points this week to get a perfect score.

• Like 5

Level 2 Ninja

On 4/8/2018 at 4:18 AM, WhiteGhost said:

For the first time, I decided that I could go with just a main and a salad and I didn't even feel anxious about it, like I was wasting something.  I felt kind of liberating, actually, and in the end I actually ended up enjoying it even more than usual.

Awesome insight and follow-up actions here. :D

And man, they had so many sports things available for you guys to play with! That's so cool. 

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

On 4/8/2018 at 4:18 AM, WhiteGhost said:

X1B5AdK.jpg

I need this wall in my house...like in my room so I can climb it everyday...

On 4/8/2018 at 10:03 PM, WhiteGhost said:

Honestly I don't know how you guys do it.  Leveling up in the Lands of Always Winter seems to me to be a theoretical impossibility but you guys still seem to do it anyway.  You guys must have some kind of XP bonus multiplier that comes from just being badass enough to even survive in a place like that.  

Layers

• Like 1

Love as thou wilt.

On 4/9/2018 at 11:13 PM, raptron said:

Awesome insight and follow-up actions here. :D

And man, they had so many sports things available for you guys to play with! That's so cool. 

Thanks!  Club Med is pricier than most resorts/hotels but we go there mostly for the sports stuff.

19 hours ago, zenLara said:

So much win this challenge.

I honestly did not expect to be doing this well at this point in the challenge.  This week is going to be difficult but at this point it will be hard to finish with any grade lower than an A :)

10 hours ago, Ba'sini'on said:

Walls for climbing are great and all, but I want a trapeze.  Don't think it would fit in my room though...

7 hours ago, annyshay said:

Layers

Hmmm.  It seems like you may be oversimplifying a bit here...

Yesterday was really busy so I didn't get a chance to update in here, but honestly because I was busy there wasn't a whole lot to update.  I got in my ATW workout yesterday, but I had to wrap my finger in bandaids for the bar stuff.  Today was supposed to be leg day but I had an early meeting so I that didn't happen.  I think I will push legs to tomorrow and then MUPS on Friday.  Other than that, not much to report.

Currently at 3.5 points for the week (18%) which is 86% for the whole challenge

• Like 4

Level 2 Ninja

"doing stuff" with Ghostlet was the primary driver for me when I decided to start exercising again.  I have been very happy with how it has turned out, and we have both taken interests in similar activities.

Ghostlet "doing stuff" on our last trip:

Spoiler

tWVwjMu.jpg

dfn1y56.jpg

• Like 6

Level 2 Ninja

5 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Damn kid strength to weight ratio. Ankle and heel hangs hurt so bloody much when you're an adult, especially of the not pixie variety.

Thanks for the heads up. I was actually thinking of trying them just to see if I could do them, but in that case maybe I will just skip them :)

Level 2 Ninja

23 hours ago, Ba'sini'on said:

Before the climbing gym opened in my city a few months ago, there were two different garage bouldering walls that people just set up behind their houses... apparently they were super unsafe, lol, but... it's an option!

12 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Ghostlet "doing stuff" on our last trip:

WHAT THAT CHILD IS HANGING FROM HIS TOES WHAT

Your vacation sounds SO COOL.

10 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Damn kid strength to weight ratio. Ankle and heel hangs hurt so bloody much when you're an adult, especially of the not pixie variety.

...oh, good to know. Because i tried both from a hoop a while back and couldn't even get close to supporting my full weight.

• Like 2

Current challenge: Tei gets the zoomies 

Previous challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12,  13, 14, 15, 16, 17

13 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

You should still try. Just be warned that it hurts like a MF so make sure to have a squishy landing. :P Though who knows, maybe you’ll be absolutely fine.

So I tried a simple version supporting about half my body weight and hoo boy you weren't just whistling Dixie.  That is some next level uncomfortableness that I can't even imagine if I was trying to support my whole bodyweight.

8 hours ago, tei_ said:

WHAT THAT CHILD IS HANGING FROM HIS TOES WHAT

Your vacation sounds SO COOL.

How did he even do that?  I don't even know!  It was pretty funny, he was working on a move called the birdie, where he hooks his toes on the bar, pushes his hips through and hangs in kind of an inverted bridge.  Then the coach says "ok let go with your hands" and he didn't fall off (which I was expecting to happen).  The presumably just for fun the coach says "ok, now take one leg off" :o He tried it but couldn't hang on for very long.  Apparently even kids have limits :D 

OK, time for today's update:

Fitness - I did my leg workout that I pushed back from yesterday and it was pretty killer.  I really need to move the weighted work up to the front because I was a little worried I wasn't going to make it on my last few squats.

Fuel - I didn't cook anything, but I had some stuff (granola for breakfast and chili for dinner) that was pre-made, so I was able to get in a couple of home-cooked meals

Fruit - Mi Vieja's dad brought over some strawberries last night so I had those.

Flexibility - got in a pretty good stretching session last night.  My side splits were feeling better than they have in a while but my ankles were pretty tight.  Not sure why, but it seems like every time it feels like I have made progress in one area, another area has regressed

Files - Everything recorded in MFP yesterday

Focus - Quite busy yesterday so I didn't really have much time to do anything other than focus

Currently sitting at 6 points for the week (30%) which is 89% for the whole challenge

• Like 5

Level 2 Ninja

I don't think I ever mentioned it here, but Ghostlet's school drumline was invited to go on tour to Scandinavia for 9 days with a professional drumline which I thought was the opportunity of a lifetime.  I was disappointed to find out that they turned down the offer because too many parents did not support it because they were not comfortable sending their kids off to another country without them along to watch over them. :( 

Update for today:

Fitness - it was raining, but I really wanted to to workout so I did my MUPS workout anyway in the rain.  I figure I would get wet from sweat anyway and I have some gloves to keep my grip on the bar so that happened. Really glad I did that.

Fartleks - after my MUPS workout I went for a short 1 mile run (or as @jonfirestar calls it "I see the warmup, but where's the run part?" :P ) at a really slow pace.  I wasn't really in the mood for a run, but I figured I needed some distance for the Harry Potter House Cup challenge so I did that.  It's a good thing I did, too, because I ended up working from home today so I missed out on the commute distance that I would have otherwise had.

Flexibility - I did some light stretching last night before bed, but less than usual because I was quite tired

Fruit - had an apple for a snack

Fuel - I had a brownie in the evening, which seems strange to count that as points but technically it was a homemade snack so I get points for it.  (Only 0.1 points though)

And that's it.  Not doing so well this week, but I have a date night scheduled for tonight so if that happens I will get some much needed bonus points

Currently at 8.7 points (44%) for the week, which is 91% for the challenge.  

• Like 5

Level 2 Ninja

4 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Fartleks - after my MUPS workout I went for a short 1 mile run (or as @jonfirestar calls it "I see the warmup, but where's the run part?" :P ) at a really slow pace.  I wasn't really in the mood for a run, but I figured I needed some distance for the Harry Potter House Cup challenge so I did that.  I

Well for once, that's true :P Pretty much just a warmup. Or a cool down. 

• Like 1

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24