• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

shoobie

Shoobie's baby steps to greatness

6 minutes ago, Siferiax said:

Oh that last one is always fun ^^

I love kids! I am a teacher... love being around them... Just don't want any of my own. I have plans of adopting a couple of kids later in life tho. There are so many kids that need a loving home that have been born already... <3 

• Like 2

This would have been a delicious lunch if the spinach wasn't so damn salty seriously... it's not edible... Imma have to find something else. Might add some tomatoes ab2da9ac6e8873034460379574fc5ea5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G610M using Tapatalk

• Like 3

6 hours ago, shoobie said:

Thank you! I've been seeing doctors and getting tests done to try to figure out what's wrong. It's probably just a hormonal imbalance (hopefully). Mainly what's going on is I've been bleeding for 40 days straight now with pretty much unbearable cramps. I am functioning on painkillers and my blood work has shown I am starting to get anemic. They don't want me exercising so the blood flow stops or doesn't get any worse (some of the tests can only be done when it does stop) and lifting heavy things while high on painkillers ain't a good idea if I may say so myself.

They suspect endometriosis, hormonal imbalance or it could be this myoma I have in there that is giving me grief. I am hoping for hormonal imbalance. I have told them that the answer is simple... that my uterus hates me and they should take it out... they don't believe me... they wanna dig further and for some reason my doctor believes I will change my mind and will wanna have kids someday... *sigh*

This sucks and something I'm can completely relate to. As of today I've been bleeding straight for 35 days so this is all too familiar.  My issues started in 2013 and back then I definitely considered hysterectomy (my mom had one for this very same reason, myoma related) and at the time I did not want kids, I was actually quite adamant about not having kids and at 35 I thought it was too late anyway, but then I met my husband, and was thunder struck about how instantly my mind changed. When I met him, I wanted to have kids with him. I will never forget how strong that feeling was, it humbled me. Never in a million years did I ever think that would happen to me. Now that I want kids, I can't get pregnant and tracking my fertility, ha! forget about it.  Oh, we'll keep trying, but I'm not holding out hope.

I have myoma/fibroids, two of them, and my doctor says they aren't necessarily the cause of the prolonged heavy bleeding, and they are more likely a hormonal imbalance, but it is really unknown. What is known is they go away after menopause, which suggests estrogen is involved. The only thing that I've found that has helped regulate my cycle is birth control pills. I took two months off of birth control to try to get pregnant, and my cycle went all wacky again, so after confirming I'm not pregnant again,  I'm back on the pill again. Anecdotal perhaps, but when I'm taking them regularly it seems to be the ONLY thing I've tried that consistently works. I start my period on the day I start the sugar pill week. When I start the hormone pills the following week, my period ends. It is both a blessing, and bums me out greatly that if I want to lead some semblance of a normal life, I need to take them.

Anyway, I wish you the best at your next doctor's visit and also to your health goals this next challenge!

Have fun always.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, DanaeArgos said:

This sucks and something I'm can completely relate to. As of today I've been bleeding straight for 35 days so this is all too familiar.  My issues started in 2013 and back then I definitely considered hysterectomy (my mom had one for this very same reason, myoma related) and at the time I did not want kids, I was actually quite adamant about not having kids and at 35 I thought it was too late anyway, but then I met my husband, and was thunder struck about how instantly my mind changed. When I met him, I wanted to have kids with him. I will never forget how strong that feeling was, it humbled me. Never in a million years did I ever think that would happen to me. Now that I want kids, I can't get pregnant and tracking my fertility, ha! forget about it.  Oh, we'll keep trying, but I'm not holding out hope.

I have myoma/fibroids, two of them, and my doctor says they aren't necessarily the cause of the prolonged heavy bleeding, and they are more likely a hormonal imbalance, but it is really unknown. What is known is they go away after menopause, which suggests estrogen is involved. The only thing that I've found that has helped regulate my cycle is birth control pills. I took two months off of birth control to try to get pregnant, and my cycle went all wacky again, so after confirming I'm not pregnant again,  I'm back on the pill again. Anecdotal perhaps, but when I'm taking them regularly it seems to be the ONLY thing I've tried that consistently works. I start my period on the day I start the sugar pill week. When I start the hormone pills the following week, my period ends. It is both a blessing, and bums me out greatly that if I want to lead some semblance of a normal life, I need to take them.

Anyway, I wish you the best at your next doctor's visit and also to your health goals this next challenge!

Have fun always.

We have tried the birth control pill (2 different ones) and they made me bleed more... we have also tried this blood clotting med... got it to bleed less but that's about it. It is slowly bleeding less and less... so I might be able to get some of the tests done.

Update on day 2:

image.thumb.png.95569b2e6e12c03efe99da45e2a2105a.png

image.png.5cc3cbb694cd4765f708eb2d5bf2961e.png                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   I didn't meet my water goal... and my friends took me out for dinner so they would spend midnight with me. I chose dinner wisely.... but the restaurant staff came out of the kitchen singing happy birthday with a huge sunday! I was split in 4.... but yeah... so that and the spinach fiasco... But otherwise, it was good... I think an 8 out of 10 -- these grades of mine are completely random... have you noticed? Just based on how I feel about the day really.

• Like 2

Look at you, Shoobie, you've already got two pages on your first challenge!!  :D  I'm so sorry you've been going through these health challenges - I'm following your challenge (of course!) and hope you'll get some good news very soon!

• Like 2

8 out of 10 is actually really good in my opinion! Good job!!

And basing your grade off of how you feel about the day seems valid :)
Do take the facts in consideration as well and I think you'll have a fair grade.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Your doing great Shoobie!

So was it your birthday?
It was! Yesterday... and today I went in for a medical exam... I finally stopped bleeding as a bday gift!!!! I'm so happy!!! Haven't been able to update things here coz yesterday and today have been chaotic and busy... but tomorrow I will give you all a loooooooong update. I hate typing on my phone and I'm staying over at mom's for the party and whatnot! *mwahhhh*

• Like 2

Belated happy birthday, and congratulations on the good medical news! I'm yet another one in your boat about calorie counting. I think your balanced method of tracking things sounds like a good way to do it.

• Like 2

On 3/16/2018 at 8:08 PM, Chant said:

Belated happy birthday, and congratulations on the good medical news! I'm yet another one in your boat about calorie counting. I think your balanced method of tracking things sounds like a good way to do it.

Thank you!!!!  Yeah, I think this method will work! the last couple of days have been just a bunch of poor choices due to birthday and dinners and lunches and whatnot... but it is what it is! Now that that's over I have no excuses left LOL

Thank you @Butternut and @WhiteGhost !!! The last couple of days have been a blast! To think I wasn't even that excited for my birthday!!! Was amazing!!! Had 4 separate celebrations (I know... too much... but so much fun!!) First one was last Sunday. My best Friend and I have birthdays a week apart and the same group of friends... so we had a lunch celebration together (started at 2pm... I got home around 11pm), then on Wednesday, me and 3 friends went for dinner and waited till midnight... the whole staff came out with a sunday singing happy birthday and all.. was fun! On the day of my birthday, mom took me out for a special lunch at my favorite restaurant and then yesterday we went out ballroom dancing (my entire family dances) to celebrate with family and family friends!

Image may contain: Ursula Rodriguez, smiling, table and food

I think I was excited!!! and sweaty... So anyways... enough of shenanigans... let's talk about my goals these days... Obviously.... not good... poor choices (not all) and the water intake was crap...

Image result for warm water coffee meme

image.thumb.png.e20241dd90f62ed1d548d7ce48b648b4.png

image.png.0d6ab3c15248ac0973fa56c01deca70a.png

Not happy about the small gain there... but can't really complain, can I? 

I managed to get the medical exams done on Thu and Fri since I stopped bleeding... So I am hoping that once I have the results back, the doctor will figure out what's going on. :) 

Now to go to the store and buy healthy stuff for the week... I wonder if they open Sunday... Guess I'll find out tomorrow!

• Like 5

Ha, you look like you’re having an awesome time! Well done on getting to the doctor, I hope it provides some clarity! 

• Like 2

Hello!!!! I'm gonna be quick tonight coz I need to go to bed! Today was alright. I'm gonna give me an 8 out of 10. :D 

The store wasn't open so I'll buy the healthy stuff tomorrow... you know all the green stuff :P

image.png.c4d199a96886063725842086261242de.png

image.thumb.png.78bc65ea59c0aebd8531c8a9d743dfa1.png

• Like 4

Happy late birthday!!!
Glad to hear you had a lot of fun and the bleeding also stopped and you could get your exams :)
Hope things continue to look up for you!!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On 3/19/2018 at 7:42 AM, Siferiax said:

Happy late birthday!!!

Thank you!!!

I'm feeling well. Since I stopped bleeding, the pain has gone away... however, I am feeling tired and sleepy all the time. I might be the heat... Even tho today marks the start of Fall, We are still having Summer temps. We had a real feel of about 120 today.

I managed to go to the gym today and did some stationary bike time (40 min). Yay me! 

Image result for yay me gif

I realized I haven't been telling you about my reading goal! I'm about halfway through the handmaid's tale... In the last couple of days, I've been Netflix binging tho... For some reason, I've been watching documentaries on Great Britain... o.O Go figure!

I'm still not happy with my diet, but I finally managed to go to the store and got me some goods today... I'm working on it!

So Since today marks a week since I started this... I'll give you a week's worth paste of the spreadsheet...

image.png.0c2f5e39979ec0890746db39f01a3ec6.png

image.thumb.png.f483381c80ca290082c3864545e36be0.png

Here are my made-up grades for the challenge: 

Goal #1 - eat healthy - 6/10

Goal #2 - Drink water - 7/10

Goal #3 - Complete spreadsheet - 10/10

Goal #4 - Read - 8/10

I'm having a hard time picking what to eat... At least I am not ordering out, which is a HUGE start... But I can certainly do better. I need to plan my meals and all that better... The main problem I am facing is staying in the kitchen and cooking is unbearable with the heat. I cooked the cheese and turkey roll-ups today -- I could swear I sweated half my body weight doing so. :( On the other hand, it makes it really easy drinking water! :D 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, shoobie said:

I'm feeling well. Since I stopped bleeding, the pain has gone away... however, I am feeling tired and sleepy all the time. I might be the heat... Even tho today marks the start of Fall, We are still having Summer temps. We had a real feel of about 120 today.

That makes me really glad I went down there in winter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

That makes me really glad I went down there in winter.

I hear you! I can't wait for winter to be here... Brazilian winter is perfect... 65 - 80F days... Just amazing! Summer here is just.... not okay... not okay at all!

• Like 2

6yx.gif 

Sorry, I couldn't resist.   
Hahahhahaha! That's hilarious. I just took a screenshot on my phone... mind you... it's almost 2 am...

59cd595d7d8ef63edc4cf74fe1361876.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hahaha I love WTForecast. Mine for today is “Jack Frost is being a total fucking jack wagon today. This time, he’s brought fog with him.” :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 1