• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

shoobie

Shoobie's baby steps to greatness

Welllllllllllllll... the day started great!!! First time in 2 years that the scale marked less than 90 Kg!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know there's a 2kg cushion there for water weight and whatnot... but I am happy regardless!

On my spreadsheet, there's a calculation for trend weight (I swear, my friend who came up with this spreadsheet is a genius) and that is still above 90Kg... but I am celebrating regardless!

image.png.e47af9162b79e551b171068ab05f3bc0.png

image.thumb.png.81eea3c4c1a5e9c191cd7ab23ccd18f6.png

image.png.9533334f320ba93f14aee6f5d840d6de.png

I've been debating sharing the link to my spreadsheet... but I dunno... what do you guys think? Kinda feel naked when I do yanno?

I got my medical exams results back today and tomorrow I'm gonna try to schedule my doctor so I can take them there. I am usually pretty good at understanding what it is said in those, possibly due to the Biology background... I must say that this time I was completely lost. I showed it to a friend who is a doctor and she was able to clarify some of the things... so that's good coz ANXIETY!!! I could not even take a proper picture to send her coz I was shaking. Anyways... it got a bit better coz I went on air on the radio and music always calms me down and interacting with listeners helped take my mind off of things...

Image result for ANXIETY GIF

So instead of 1 myoma, I have 3. All 3 outside of my uterus. There are some things glued together apparently that should not be glued together and some tendons are thickened (?? -- free translation here -- sorry). There's a part of my uterus that the endometrium is thicker or something... among other things too that just seems like a bunch of Latin words or something... Oh, and the MRI also picked up on a half displaced disk on my lower back... Bottom line is -- gotta wait for the doctor's appointment and see what he has to say and what diagnosis he is gonna give. On the bright side, I am in no pain and not bleeding anymore.... so that's a plus!

Ok so... grades...

food: 8/10

spreadsheet: 10/10

water: 10/10

book: 0/10 (haven't read one page today and won't before bed coz I am dead tired!)

• Like 5

Welllllllllllllll... the day started great!!! First time in 2 years that the scale marked less than 90 Kg!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know there's a 2kg cushion there for water weight and whatnot... but I am happy regardless!

On my spreadsheet, there's a calculation for trend weight (I swear, my friend who came up with this spreadsheet is a genius) and that is still above 90Kg... but I am celebrating regardless!
image.png.e47af9162b79e551b171068ab05f3bc0.png

image.thumb.png.81eea3c4c1a5e9c191cd7ab23ccd18f6.png

image.png.9533334f320ba93f14aee6f5d840d6de.png

I've been debating sharing the link to my spreadsheet... but I dunno... what do you guys think? Kinda feel naked when I do yanno?

I got my medical exams results back today and tomorrow I'm gonna try to schedule my doctor so I can take them there. I am usually pretty good at understanding what it is said in those, possibly due to the Biology background... I must say that this time I was completely lost. I showed it to a friend who is a doctor and she was able to clarify some of the things... so that's good coz ANXIETY!!! I could not even take a proper picture to send her coz I was shaking. Anyways... it got a bit better coz I went on air on the radio and music always calms me down and interacting with listeners helped take my mind off of things...

giphy.gif

So instead of 1 myoma, I have 3. All 3 outside of my uterus. There are some things glued together apparently that should not be glued together and some tendons are thickened (?? -- free translation here -- sorry). There's a part of my uterus that the endometrium is thicker or something... among other things too that just seems like a bunch of Latin words or something... Oh, and the MRI also picked up on a half displaced disk on my lower back... Bottom line is -- gotta wait for the doctor's appointment and see what he has to say and what diagnosis he is gonna give. On the bright side, I am in no pain and not bleeding anymore.... so that's a plus!

Ok so... grades...
food: 8/10
spreadsheet: 10/10
water: 10/10
book: 0/10 (haven't read one page today and won't before bed coz I am dead tired!)
Keep being motivated Shoobie. You are doing great and improving every day. I can't give you any light about your myoma since I don't posses the necessary knowledge but, is a good thing you are keeping tabs on everything to help yourself to succeed.

Cheering you own!

Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Good luck with the doctor.

As far as sharing the link to the spreadsheet, that is up to you and what you decide. If it makes you too "naked" then we are okay with snippets. Do what makes you feel the most comfortable.

• Like 1

Good luck with the doctor!!

Seems you're doing well this challenge and slowly improving!!

Congrats on the low weight!! I'm still trying to get back to/below 90 ^^

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 2

19 hours ago, shoobie said:

No worries - share whatever you're comfortable with, or don't! I personally hate sharing my MyFitnessPal posts because I get really self-conscious about my eating habits ... so I just summarize the pertinent points.  ;)  It's all about you and whatever helps you!

Your medical news sounds pretty good - I'm so glad you're feeling better! If you need any help with medical terms when you get your next report, let me know, because I've taken a bunch of medical terminology classes and I can help you translate!  :) 

• Like 1

OMG! Haven't been here in forever! I swear I did not bail out on the challenge... life just got super crazy! My best friend had some heart problems and she was in the hospital for 5 days... I found out whats up with my uterus and started treatment and my internet company decided I didn't need internet and my phone data wasn't enough to keep up.... sooooooooooo.... Just letting you know I am still around, breathing and on the wagon. I have to go have lunch with family coz it is good Friday and all, But I'll catch up with this thread and all others over the weekend :)

• Like 5

It's good to hear your update. I'm sorry to hear about your friend's health problems and hope things are improving on that front. I'm also glad you have some answers for your own health issue. Looking forward to seeing your progress!

• Like 2

I am back!!

My friend is home and is doing good. Thank you @Chant

OK, so health wise... we found out what's up and I must say that the first couple of days I was quite down trying to process it all. In short, I have endometriosis on the tendons that hold my uterus and those somehow are glued to places they should not be glued to -- making the surgery to remove the uterus quite a complicated one --, adenomyosis and 3 myomas. Hormones seem to be normal, but we are doing a hormonal treatment to try to control it all. Surgery will be the last option. It is what it is. At least now I have facts and will deal with those... way better than dealing with the unknown. One of the tests also showed a herniated disc in my lower back. 

After having no internet for 3 days (gotta love Brazilian internet providers -- not), my sciatic nerve being pinched (got an acupuncture session in and OMG it worked like a charm!) it was quite a week. I tried to do my best considering where my mind was... On a bright note, I managed to get a lot of the reading done!

I'm grading this week a 50%. I'm not happy with my food choices. I didn't do a good job at that. 

Happy Easter everyone!!

image.thumb.png.413c2adb4b99cd2a70fe0390b7e576c3.png

image.png.43d801e0e28150d415ab124c0b00280d.png

• Like 5

I'm really glad you're getting some answers, even if they aren't quite what you'd hoped for. How are your pain levels?

And even though your food wasn't quite what you'd hoped, your weight is holding steady, and that's a good thing. Sometimes you don't have the energy to make progress, but when you don't, maintenance is always better than losing ground. Keep up the good work, and I hope your next week is even better!  :) 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

I'm really glad you're getting some answers, even if they aren't quite what you'd hoped for. How are your pain levels?

Answers are always a good thing... I'd rather know what I am dealing with than be in the dark. I get super anxious when I don't have answers... and then when i do get answers it takes some time to adjust. 

No automatic alt text available.

Other than a sharp pain around the uterus area here and there that lasts 3 seconds, I am in no pain. I did spend most of last week with my sciatic nerve giving me grief but went for an acupuncture session on Thursday and that made it better. Have another session this Thursday... if not for my back, to try and balance all systems in my body. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shoobie said:

Other than a sharp pain around the uterus area here and there that lasts 3 seconds, I am in no pain. I did spend most of last week with my sciatic nerve giving me grief but went for an acupuncture session on Thursday and that made it better. Have another session this Thursday... if not for my back, to try and balance all systems in my body. 

I'm glad your pain is manageable! And I'm interested to hear more about the balancing effect of the acupuncture - one of my close friends has a lot of issues from both fibroids and post-Cesarean section adhesions, and I'm curious whether this is something that could help her.

Here's to an awesome week!!  :D 

• Like 2

Hopefully your week is going better than last week.

Answers are good, but sometimes they still stink. Glad your feeling okay which is the important part.

• Like 1