• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

jonfirestar

JonFirestar, Race Season Begins!

Recommended Posts

well, RRDW is Not what I'll be thinking of...

but I will be very seriously training for me own event, too

 

so the NEXT CHALLENGE IS going to be so "HARDCORE" for us. yahoo;  I love it near the end of a race/event/training  when you know its will soon end so you just PUT everything you have into it.

I love that moment.

 

Thanks for the Writeup- you really did Awesome this challenge. well done!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey!!  Sorry I disappeared for two weeks and wasn't much support!  Despite the fact that you "failed" everything, you got a hang on your diet, lost 5 lbs, and did enough running to lose a toenail, so that's something!!!  Great job!!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, TGP said:

well, RRDW is Not what I'll be thinking of...

but I will be very seriously training for me own event, too

 

so the NEXT CHALLENGE IS going to be so "HARDCORE" for us. yahoo;  I love it near the end of a race/event/training  when you know its will soon end so you just PUT everything you have into it.

I love that moment.

 

No that's true most of us won't be worried about it but for the six of us who are going it's a pretty big deal. We have been planning it for an entire year so it's a big ball of excitement now and a little weird that it's going to be over soon. As far as training goes though it's pretty much just part of the build up to my big race in the summer. Now I expect the next 5 weeks are going to beat me up quite badly so I'm probably not going to be getting in as much quality training as I'd like but i'm going to do what I can. 

 

12 hours ago, Stribs said:

Hey!!  Sorry I disappeared for two weeks and wasn't much support!  Despite the fact that you "failed" everything, you got a hang on your diet, lost 5 lbs, and did enough running to lose a toenail, so that's something!!!  Great job!!!

Don't apologise. We've all been there and honestly I don't know how you manage with how busy you are! I may have failed all the things but I am very happy with how I'm coming out of this challenge. I feel better about everything right now. Like I'm coming out of a long dark tunnel. 

 

I still have no idea of a theme and I'm scared to google gifs for a 'dirty weekend' while I'm at work but I'm itching for them to put up the new challenge! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every time I see that video of the slide, I just want to start jumping up and down like a loon! I'm glad you're happy with how this challenge went. Reading Half and the weather in the first few weeks was out of your control. And you completed one of the toughest Spartans that they've put on in the UK. 

 

I'm excited to see what challenge theme you go with next time. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm just writing my sentiments awkwardly

I mean 

 

'that next  challenge should be a high-energy challenge with some of us preparing for huge events.'

 

there, ( I think) that's better.

 

ofc, the whole ranger corps is huge; so they'll be many people thinking many things.  I'm looking forward to the thrilling continuation of your training program.  I think I know you well enough to know that your "not quality training" is still pretty hardcore.

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Every time I see that video of the slide, I just want to start jumping up and down like a loon!

Not just me then? That's a relief to hear.

 

3 hours ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

I'm glad you're happy with how this challenge went.

Yeah I think I really pulled it out of the bag towards the end. I am quite happy about it. I suppose it helps that I'm really excited for the next one! (even if I might be dead by the time we finish Nuclear Rush)

 

2 hours ago, TGP said:

I'm just writing my sentiments awkwardly

I mean 

 

'that next  challenge should be a high-energy challenge with some of us preparing for huge events.'

 

Or just me agreeing with you awkwardly :) I do understand that your own huge adventure is coming up fast. I'm really excited for you. 

 

2 hours ago, TGP said:

ofc, the whole ranger corps is huge; so they'll be many people thinking many things.  I'm looking forward to the thrilling continuation of your training program.  I think I know you well enough to know that your "not quality training" is still pretty hardcore.

 

Err maybe. Probably not though. Races have a way of beating me up quite badly and with 3 so close together I am sure to have to cut back quite severely. We'll see though. I would like to at least get the marathon training in but if taking a couple of days off is more beneficial I'll be doing that. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2018 at 2:39 PM, TGP said:

well enough to know that your "not quality training" is still pretty hardcore.

Yeah, you hit the nail on the head there. Jon will say "not as good as it could be" and we'll struggle to breath and keep up to his superhuman powers/training programme :D;)

 

Jon you did amazing, taking into consideration the weather conditions and that you have been clawing your way out of being down. I'm glad you have your spunk and enthusiasm back and are looking forward to that crazy seeming Rat Race! :P and the other races. But seriously that slide at the end in the video! Wow!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/15/2018 at 1:38 PM, jonfirestar said:

Despite the numbers I'm feeling better coming out of this challenge than I have in a while. I've regained my enthusiasm and winter has finally come to an end! Next Challenge will be an exciting one with not one, not two but three OCRs and many Nerd Meetup shenanigans! I cannot wait for that to start. I have finally sat down and worked out how to round out my training a little more. I've been focused on running for a while. I'm still going to focus on running but the gym and strength work will come back into it as of tomorrow but with the race schedule it's going to be somewhat broken and inconsistent for a challenge. Spartan really punished me for neglecting my strength work and the second half of my year is all about Spartan :D 

This is really awesome! Although, winter refuses to relinquish its grip here, I'm glad it done for you. Also, very excited things are headed in a good direction for you and I can't wait to here about all of the upcoming OCR shenanigans!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Jon you did amazing, taking into consideration the weather conditions and that you have been clawing your way out of being down. I'm glad you have your spunk and enthusiasm back and are looking forward to that crazy seeming Rat Race! :P and the other races. But seriously that slide at the end in the video! Wow!

Thanks :) And thank you for the support you've given me the last couple of months. I really needed it  and thoroughly appreciate it :) Rat Race is going to be so much fun. 

 

23 minutes ago, jstanlick said:

This is really awesome! Although, winter refuses to relinquish its grip here, I'm glad it done for you. Also, very excited things are headed in a good direction for you and I can't wait to here about all of the upcoming OCR shenanigans!

Oh it finally feels like spring here. That's a British Spring so we are talking wet, windy with the occasional spark of sunshine but it's not frigid cold and snow! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/17/2018 at 9:27 PM, jonfirestar said:

And thank you for the support you've given me the last couple of months. I really needed it  and thoroughly appreciate it 

It's my pleasure, and thank you kindly for your support too :loyal: You are really an inspiration and thinking of you running in the rain and cold, has helped me to get up these last few mornings. Ok, I didn't train, but I didn't curl up and stay in the warm bed, with our autumn cold creeping in.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, elizevdmerwe said:

It's my pleasure, and thank you kindly for your support too :loyal: You are really an inspiration and thinking of you running in the rain and cold, has helped me to get up these last few mornings. Ok, I didn't train, but I didn't curl up and stay in the warm bed, with our autumn cold creeping in.

Let's not forget the snow! 

That's what we are here for though. To give eachother support. If we didn't all need it we probably would never have found our way here in the first place :) 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, jonfirestar said:

Let's not forget the snow! 

That's what we are here for though. To give eachother support. If we didn't all need it we probably would never have found our way here in the first place :) 

Yes, don't forget the snow! And getting lost in the dark! Nerds for the win! Standing strong together! :loyal: or at least standing...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now