• Breakfast in the morning: 6 out of 7 days: protein shake
    • Lunch in the afternoon: 6 out of 7 days: salad
    • Dinner in the evening: eat what the wife cooked up
  • No alcohol
    • Exempt in week 4: Only when others are having too
  • No candy/cookie
  • No bingeing (exempt: bingewatching)

Financial budget:

• No overspending during lunch (salad only)
  • No spending of money on anything else
    • Exempt: Grocery shopping
  • Change healthcare provider

Workout:

• After DST, at least once a week running. This will coincide with the "CrossFit Open" being over.

0-week

• Working out: Deload, only CF (Thu: WOD / Fri: Dryrun of 18.4 / Sun: 18.4)

Weigh in: March 14th:

81.3 KG / 28.2 BF%

Goal at the end of the challenge:

79.3 KG

• Like 13

... a little odd in the head ...

Assgined to the following Adventuring-Parties:

DryJanuary

WeightLossPvP

When is your DST?  We've already had ours.

Nice challenge!  Following.

Level 44 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

Wow, that is a tight budget. Only groceries and lunch salads?

Following!

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread    Bodyweight Exercise Library

The Arruvia Conspiracy Challenges: 1, 2, 3, 4, 567, 89, 10 

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24High School [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

How is training for that 20 mile OCR going :D ?

strava - myfitnesspal - Instagram

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

" Always aim for something stupidly crazy." - Charlie Quinn

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Current Challenge: First Steps

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

1 hour ago, Cheetah said:

When is your DST?  We've already had ours.

Nice challenge!  Following.

DST is sunday 25th

Thanx. good to have ya aboard!

3 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

Wow, that is a tight budget. Only groceries and lunch salads?

Following!

The rest is paid for by the wife ;) 

Just now, jonfirestar said:

How is training for that 20 mile OCR going :D ?

I have a 20 mile OCR coming up?

As soon as DST hits, the CrossFit open will be done and i will get some extra running in. For now, keeping up with CF, practicing open workouts, and actually doing them, is enough to keep me busy. And if needed i can run a 10K, now out of the blue. I know this is nowhere near 20M, but i've got a pretty good base stamina.

This challenge will be all about lowering my weight, which will assist me greatly in running as well as in the obstacles during said 20M.

I know you just pulling my leg ;) I'm pretty fit, i need to work on my weaknesses... And i have a few of them which are greater than getting a enough miles in my legs.

• Like 2

DryJanuary

WeightLossPvP

3 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

Pics from 18.2

CVNhx4u.jpg

GazDzF9.jpg

Trying to get @Wolfpool's attention again?

Following.

• Haha 1

Current Challenge Original 1,2,3, R 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30,31,32,33,34,35,36,37,38,39,40,41,42,43,44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Less than 9 weeks to go....

Following

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

7 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

No candy/cookie

Candy and processed sweets were on my Lent list....so I've been making my own almond flour cookies and they are to die for!! I don't think I'll want regular candy and cookies after Easter so let me know when this gets lifted and I'll shoot you the recipe ;) 

Dutchpool=

Image result for fat deadpool

...but you're still sexy ;) . FOLLOWING!!

Wolf

Wild Wolf- Level 10 (Respec)

Class: Operator/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 196#

Stats: STR: 28 / DEX: 20 / END: 21 / CON: 27 / WIS: 31 / CHA: 30

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: The Scout Who Outwitted the Lifter of the Dead

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Your hair looks nice.  :-)

Level 44 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

9 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

CVNhx4u.jpg

Some good tricep definition going on there :) 

• Like 1

Other Challenges: 12345, 6, 7, 89, 10, 11, 1213, 14, 15 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24High School [Current]

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

10 hours ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Less than 9 weeks to go....

Following

Yes i know. BUT i feel READY!!! (Think i'm high on the CF Open) Yes, there are some fields that i can improve on, and i'm gonna work on those, they WILL be better when i will arrive on the island ;) And this challenge is the start of that!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor we got this gif

10 hours ago, rmkwilson said:

Following along. Your nutrition goals are hard core. Man they look tough. :disillusionment:

I'm a very simple man, a simple man needs simple rules, they work best for me. Do not let me evaluate things. Make it black or white! It works fantastically with my stubbornness. I actually am looking very much forward to this challenge. Cause i'm pretty sure i will get results and the simplicity will make it easy on me mentally.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor simple man gif

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor actually gif

10 hours ago, Wolfpool said:

Candy and processed sweets were on my Lent list....so I've been making my own almond flour cookies and they are to die for!! I don't think I'll want regular candy and cookies after Easter so let me know when this gets lifted and I'll shoot you the recipe ;) 

Dutchpool=

Image result for fat deadpool

...but you're still sexy ;) . FOLLOWING!!

Wolf

Crap, i should've tagged you yesterday on FB. There was this super wolflean guy...

Let's see if i can come up with it.... Nope, but i did find his brother and he also reminded me of your wolflean ass...

Good to see you here Bro, peek in once a while, will ya!

10 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Your hair looks nice.  :-)

Thanx, it was pretty on point, i tend to roll that way.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor sashimi rollin

I just wish my wife would shave the sides every week, i just like it short and hate it when it's been 2 weeks since it got shaved... That's why i have this arrangement with my hairdresser (my niece) and i can come in for free in between for a quick shave, i'm so glad for that. 

2 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Some good tricep definition going on there :) 

Thanx, WG! It really is these compliments that keep me going. And it seems i'm getting them more frequently last year.

But it also let's me know i just need to lose weight. My arms have pretty good definition, but still i struggle on a lot of upper body exercises. Pushups pullups dips, that sort thing should be a lot easier on me. That's also what this challenge is for. Lose the excess weight, and everything bodyweight-related will be easier.

A big thank you for everybody who decided to visit my challenge!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor you are the bestest gif

• Like 6

DryJanuary

WeightLossPvP

10 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

But it also let's me know i just need to lose weight. My arms have pretty good definition, but still i struggle on a lot of upper body exercises.

If you can drop more fat than muscle you get double gains - less weight to move around on bodyweight stuff, plus more definition from getting more ripped :) 

Level 2 Ninja

4 minutes ago, WhiteGhost said:

If you can drop more fat than muscle you get double gains - less weight to move around on bodyweight stuff, plus more definition from getting more ripped :) 

For now i'll just take the weightloss. I needz to lose it! If i can keep my muscle/strength, even better, but weightloss is the name of the game this challenge. I want to drop AT LEAST 2 KG this challenge, 5 weeks, means 0.4 KG each week. That should be doable.

• Like 1

DryJanuary

WeightLossPvP

3 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

That should be doable.

Image result for you got this gif

• Thanks 1

Level 2 Ninja

18 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

As soon as DST hits, the CrossFit open will be done and i will get some extra running in. For now, keeping up with CF, practicing open workouts, and actually doing them, is enough to keep me busy. And if needed i can run a 10K, now out of the blue. I know this is nowhere near 20M, but i've got a pretty good base stamina.

Seems like you've got your momentum going great!

As always learning a lot from you, but also here to support you. That budget seems strict, but I gather necessary.

Mrs.Van Starting from Scratch 🦸  👱‍♀️

18 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

10k is a decent place to start. I'm just tyring to make sure you're going to survive long enough for the after party :D 

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

2019 Races: Cliveden MTR 06/01 | Nuts Challenge 02/03 | Reading Half Marathon 17/03 | W.A.R 27/04 | RRDW 11/05 | Nuclear Oblivion 19/05 | Man vs Lakes 20/07 | Spartan Trifecta Weekend 05-06/10 | OCRWC 11-13/10

Previous Challenges: 12 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24

2 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

Yes i know. BUT i feel READY!!! (Think i'm high on the CF Open) Yes, there are some fields that i can improve on, and i'm gonna work on those, they WILL be better when i will arrive on the island ;) And this challenge is the start of that!

Oh I wasn't implying that you weren't ready. It was more and excited LESS THAN 9 WEEKS TO GO!!! I should written it like that instead.

2 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

I just wish my wife would shave the sides every week, i just like it short and hate it when it's been 2 weeks since it got shaved... That's why i have this arrangement with my hairdresser (my niece) and i can come in for free in between for a quick shave, i'm so glad for that. 

I can't convince Stu to shave the sides of my head either. I think he's worried he'll get a bit carried away and skinhead me! I've told him I'll section the bits I don't want shaved, but he's still hesitant to do it.

• Like 1

Current: Assassins / Instagram

Previous: 1, 234, 5, 678910, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44

2020 Races: 
CANCELLED! Spartan Trifecta: Beast: 18-APR / Super :11-JUL / Sprint: 12-JUL

Summer Nuts: 5/6-SEPT / Nuclear Blast: 12-SEPT / Nuclear team race: 04-OCT 

"You have the heart of a Rebel"

"I'll take that as a compliment"

8 minutes ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

It was more and excited LESS THAN 9 WEEKS TO GO!!

1333575776309_9336470.png

• Like 1

2019 Roadmap

Spoiler

14 minutes ago, elizevdmerwe said:

That budget seems strict, but I gather necessary.

Spoilered for reasons.

Spoiler

Well it's a bit embarrassing but i'm actually very bad at finances. We just sorta just live our lives, without much sense of finances. We don't go out buying stupid stuff (well the rest of my family isn't) but i tend to spent some cash on stuff i not really need or what is just not really necessary.

I have found that with the kids there are more and more months where it seems we can't keep up with the usual income, cause a substantial part is offloaded to a savings account (and we get our taxes back only once a year). So now i'm trying to make our budget work by looking at big monthly costs and try to lower them, by looking at our healthcare package, last year we changed power company. The health care stuff is something i couldn't think off when thinking up this challenge so that's going up as a goal to get done this challenge. But that sort of stuff,  we do seem to spend a lot of cash on "other" stuff. My wife is slowly getting pickier about the things she buys at grocery shopping but also can buy, for example, strawberries at a stupid high price if she feels like eating them (when it's not the season). I blow some money on protein and stuff,  and workout peripherals (i just ordered weightlifting/crossfit shoes, they are the bomb, but not strictly necessary).

On the other hand, i want to fully live my life. Which has to do with my dad dying at a pretty young age (56) when i was only 21. I vowed i wouldn't go out like him, i would have lived my life to the fullest. And it's not that we are in bad weather with our finances. We will manage, we don't have to worry, but i also won't be able to buy a brand new car when my wife's car passes (and that will be somewhere in the next 2-3 years). On the other hand, we got a very nice fund going which i want to use to be able to get our kids through college (if they want to) and next to the loan for the house (which is a super reasonable thing, which in about 15-20 year will leave me debt free) and a very small loan we had for my car (which i could completely pay off now if i wanted to, but it has such a low interest that would mean burning money) we have no strings on the financial front. Keep in mind that my mom and my wife's parents both only have 2 kids , no debts and, unfortunately, won't live forever, i have some money coming my way in X time. Which honestly i don't even need, and have addressed this multiple times, but my mom is from another generation. Looking at it objectively, my mom: almost 70 years of age, smoked all her life, 2 heart operations, still smokes and has problems with getting oxygen, she does not have a great life expectancy.

So at this point i'm a bit torn.

Should i cut back drastically, which will have "some" impact

or

live my merry little life, and, like it usually does for me, everything will work out.

For now i'm cutting costs where i can without impacting every day life, and for the rest we are just living our merry little life.

I can be pretty realistic, just like i made a realistic decision not to have a third child, cause i didn't want extra financial costs. My wife wasn't happy with the decision, but seeing we had a healthy boy and girl i didn't saw the need to have more kids.

I'll stop here, i can go on and on and on and on, on this subject...

• Like 7

DryJanuary

WeightLossPvP