karinajean is cruisin' to her birthday

karinajean

happy monday!

HAPPY DAY 1 OF THE CHALLENGE!

week 1 day 1 - exercise party accomplished. it was just me and this other guy, who is also new, and we practiced doing a hang power clean. and then we did a burgillion of them. wellll, we did a 30-20-10 workout that was SUPPOSED to be hang power cleans and then pull-ups but the instructor had us do ring rows instead, because he didn't want us to fool around with jumping in and out of a pull-up band or whatever on the timed workout.

callus / rip update: everything healed up really nicely over the weekend. I have been more aggressively trimming and filing. here's hoping for the best.

also, I forgot that we are having a st patricks day potluck at work today, so I had made a carefully crafted chicken salad and sourdough bread packed lunch and now I'm eating that instead of my yogurt and blueberries for breakfast and will run out to pick something up. (IT'S SO GOOD.) Office bosses said our food contribution doesn't have to be green but I am seriously considering getting broccoli and green beans and veg dip. either that or mint chocolate chip ice cream, but that's kind of messy for a potluck.

I have a really stupid busy week ahead of me, with an early training at my construction site tomorrow, a dinner on long island on wednesday, and then a site walk on long island thursday. all of these places are 100 miles away from my house. UGH.

WEEKEND!

we drove up on friday, pausing part way north to have lunch with my dad and stepmom (and gave them their new! exciting! emergency room! go bag! because with daddy's heart pump they often are told to go directly to the ER do not pass go do not collect $200. The bag includes 2 small fleece throws, a couple of not amazing books, some puzzle books, and the GENIUS - a pair of eye masks with GIANT GOOGLY EYES pasted onto them courtesy MOI.)

d51f692e84f37a3a8d5f077e0d93db20.jpg

checked into the B&B, had a light meal at a fancy tea room of dal (and now I'm kind of obsessing over finding an easy red lentils dal recipe), then saw the band, and it was SO GOOD. much dancing was had. so excellent.

be8e74db405ffbb5a7063acf1077e5de.jpg

Sat. we got up for breakfast, and walked down to Lake Champlain and around and around. it was REALLY COLD. like, 10+deg F with a stiff wind off the lake.

112999dae274a6603e649c124937a240.jpg

we ended up at a taquireta for tacos and beers, walked back to the B&B (stopping for beignets on the way), and read books all afternoon. Also, we ate a cheese plate, and cookies. and maybe I face planted for a little nap. then we went back out for ramen at a place that was playing naruto over the bar! hilarious. Also, I came up with a really brilliant business model: donut shop in the morning, ramen shop in the afternoon / evening. both are counter-service models. slightly different equipment but that just means that the ramen peeps can't get angry at the donut peeps (and vice versa) for not cleaning up. 

sunday we wanted to go to a mill museum, but it's apparently closed on the weekends! so instead we went to the shelburne museum and saw a puppetry and an art of garden exhibit. and kept driving south, for hours and hours, until we got home.

e4d2cecc218d7cf100015cbaa13d7cfb.jpg

7a27d1f353af25c186f78fd85e92dcd5.jpg

• Like 5

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

Awesomeee. What a wholesome weekend. 

I hope you got all the green veg for these folks. 

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

1 hour ago, karinajean said:

a pair of eye masks with GIANT GOOGLY EYES pasted onto them courtesy MOI.)

d51f692e84f37a3a8d5f077e0d93db20.jpg

THESE ARE THE COOLEST EYEMASKS EVER!!!

we ended up at a taquireta for tacos and beers, walked back to the B&B (stopping for beignets on the way), and read books all afternoon. Also, we ate a cheese plate, and cookies. and maybe I face planted for a little nap. then we went back out for ramen at a place that was playing naruto over the bar! hilarious. Also, I came up with a really brilliant business model: donut shop in the morning, ramen shop in the afternoon / evening. both are counter-service models. slightly different equipment but that just means that the ramen peeps can't get angry at the donut peeps (and vice versa) for not cleaning up. 

sunday we wanted to go to a mill museum, but it's apparently closed on the weekends! so instead we went to the shelburne museum and saw a puppetry and an art of garden exhibit.

I would totally frequent a donut/ramen shop. DO EEET lol. 

Which Taqueria did you go to? Is El Cortijo still there?

(strange side note, my family almost were residents on the shelburne museum grounds. The guy who owned it back in the 50's owned a small engine airplane and my grandfather(flight engineer and mechanic) repaired it for him with some tricky work while he was landed (docked? landed? what do you say for an airplane in the airport?) at the airport where my grandfather worked and- apparently this is how things were done in the 50's- was so impressed with the solution that he offered my grandfather to come live at the shelburne museum with our entire family and be his personal aircraft mechanic with like room and board supplied for everyone. I'm now like...Grandpa why did you say no. Why did you do that.)

I must control my THOUGHTS...
THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
ACTIONS define your CHARACTER
CHARACTER determines your DESTINY
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

Gosh you are just the best KJ!  <3

Level 74 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

I feel like that eyemask photo is fertile photoshop ground.

I'm glad you guys had such a great anniversary weekend!
I kind of want to see video of the eye mask with the eyes moving around. I feel like it would be a great gif.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

On 3/19/2018 at 11:38 AM, Mad Hatter said:

GOOGLY EYES! Such a great gift.

I know now I want to make them for EVEREEEYONE!

On 3/19/2018 at 12:00 PM, raptron said:

Awesomeee. What a wholesome weekend. 

I hope you got all the green veg for these folks. 

I didn't get any veg for the people. I slunk into the potluck about 1/2 way through and they all invited me to join them and I said "oh, I'm a scrub b/c I didn't bring anything" and another woman looked up and said "I didn't bring anything and I'm eating" so I decided to join so she wouldn't feel weird about that. HASHTAG ALL ABOUT SUPPORTING MY COLLEAGUES.

On 3/19/2018 at 12:12 PM, Happienumber said:

THESE ARE THE COOLEST EYEMASKS EVER!!!

I would totally frequent a donut/ramen shop. DO EEET lol. 

Which Taqueria did you go to? Is El Cortijo still there?

(strange side note, my family almost were residents on the shelburne museum grounds. The guy who owned it back in the 50's owned a small engine airplane and my grandfather(flight engineer and mechanic) repaired it for him with some tricky work while he was landed (docked? landed? what do you say for an airplane in the airport?) at the airport where my grandfather worked and- apparently this is how things were done in the 50's- was so impressed with the solution that he offered my grandfather to come live at the shelburne museum with our entire family and be his personal aircraft mechanic with like room and board supplied for everyone. I'm now like...Grandpa why did you say no. Why did you do that.)

1. it was el cortijo! it was amazing!

2. WHAAAAAT THAT IS SUCH A COOL STORY! 

I am totally going back to the shelburne museum in the warmer months, most of the buildings were closed and we didn't get a chance to look at the circus building or the river boat!

On 3/19/2018 at 11:16 PM, Starpuck said:

Gosh you are just the best KJ!  <3

no YOU'RE the best!

23 hours ago, RogueLibrarian said:

I feel like that eyemask photo is fertile photoshop ground.

I'm glad you guys had such a great anniversary weekend!

2 hours ago, Happienumber said:

I kind of want to see video of the eye mask with the eyes moving around. I feel like it would be a great gif.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

omg yeah. I need to order 10 more masks and make a bunch more and I can't believe I didn't video the mask and the eyeballs when I had a chance.

• Like 1

2014! #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 2015! #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | 2016! #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 | #23 | 2017! #24 | #25 | #26 | #27 | #28 | #29 | #30 | #31 | #32 | #33 | 2018! #34 | #35 | #36 | #37v1 | #37v2 | 2019! #38 | #39 | #40reference materials | academy battle log

mermaid ninja assassin. on a motorcycle. with swords. and knitting needles. and kittens.

hello hello it's wednesday!

week 1 day 2. exercise party accomplished. I learned to dead lift! yo, that is more mental than I thought it would be. also I'm feeling a little delicate about my right side lower back, and I couldn't talk myself out of that feeling, so I only picked up (I think? barbell math is still new to me) 175 lbs. then we took weight off (I think I was down to 135?) and picked it up and put it down a bunch.  afterwards, I was thinking about the movement, and the trick is to really focus on your legs doing the work, right? like, to feel the work through your butt and down the backs of your legs. I think if I remember that, it will be easier to not worry about the movement. I need to trust my butt, y'all. it's strong!

I had to DASH down to a training class (I am now radiologically trained to handle naturally occurring radiological materials for yet another year) so I drove off from exercise party, stopped at my office 45 minutes away for an incredibly fast shower, got back in the car and continued driving south for another 45 minutes, and had the training.

FYI, a million things are radioactive, and the key to protecting yourself from low-level emitters (the kind that normally would bounce off of your skin) is to avoid having particles lodged in your body where they can perform long-term mischief. I feel like there is an actual scientist here who is rolling their eyes at my gross simplification but this is what makes me a really great project manager, y'all, my ability to communicate key points to people in a way that they will understand.

tkd on tuesday night. I realized last night that the other teacher likes to run "fun" classes where she lets the kids work on techniques and stuff (and where she doesn't have to be a hard nose) so I will continue to focus on the more traditional stuff in our style so the kids get all the skillz.

week 1 day 3. exercise party is cancelled because of the imminent storm, which, as of last night, was forecast to be rough this morning. that said, it's not rough right now. there's nothing. BUT I really needed the rest. I was wondering if MOTHER NATURE HERSELF is watching my workout schedule and throwing up her hands in resignation and saying "ok schedule another storm so karinajean will have to freakin' take a rest day, for pete's sake!!!" if that's the case, I'm really sorry, friends. esp. raptron.

yeah, yesterday / monday afternoon a cold sore popped up on my face (DARN YOU HERPES) and I was feeling pretty fatigued and worn out yesterday evening with some respiratory congestion. the nearly 8 hours of sleep I got last night was so helpful, and with a work-at-home day today I am feeling hopeful that I will be able to recover a little today as well.  planning not to eat everything in the house (the fridge is pretty bare actually). etc. etc.

tomorrow I would like to go to exercise party! 

also PS my bruises are intense. the one on my right thigh from the "hang power cleans" is as big as my hand. holy crow.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, karinajean said:

week 1 day 3. exercise party is cancelled because of the imminent storm, which, as of last night, was forecast to be rough this morning. that said, it's not rough right now. there's nothing. BUT I really needed the rest. I was wondering if MOTHER NATURE HERSELF is watching my workout schedule and throwing up her hands in resignation and saying "ok schedule another storm so karinajean will have to freakin' take a rest day, for pete's sake!!!" if that's the case, I'm really sorry, friends. esp. raptron.

Because @raptron is so great at taking rest days. ;) 

• Haha 2
8 hours ago, karinajean said:

hello hello it's wednesday!

week 1 day 2. exercise party accomplished. I learned to dead lift! yo, that is more mental than I thought it would be. also I'm feeling a little delicate about my right side lower back, and I couldn't talk myself out of that feeling, so I only picked up (I think? barbell math is still new to me) 175 lbs. then we took weight off (I think I was down to 135?) and picked it up and put it down a bunch. 

Um...holy crap?

You just learned how to dead lift and you started with 175lbs?

YOU ARE AMAZING

FYI, a million things are radioactive, and the key to protecting yourself from low-level emitters (the kind that normally would bounce off of your skin) is to avoid having particles lodged in your body where they can perform long-term mischief. I feel like there is an actual scientist here who is rolling their eyes at my gross simplification but this is what makes me a really great project manager, y'all, my ability to communicate key points to people in a way that they will understand.

I majored in astrophysics and this is exactly how scientists describe things (for examples, see scientific naming of things... google "vlt" and "elt telescope" and "sonic hedgehog mutation" and "Scaptia beyonceae" you will not be sorry.)

:D:D:D 

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

23 hours ago, karinajean said:

exercise party is cancelled because of the imminent storm, which, as of last night, was forecast to be rough this morning. that said, it's not rough right now. there's nothing. BUT I really needed the rest. I was wondering if MOTHER NATURE HERSELF is watching my workout schedule and throwing up her hands in resignation and saying "ok schedule another storm so karinajean will have to freakin' take a rest day, for pete's sake!!!" if that's the case, I'm really sorry, friends. esp. raptron.

22 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Because @raptron is so great at taking rest days. ;) 

Heyyy, I rest! :P

Glad the storm kind of piddled out for you guys too! We're just getting snow now instead of... 24 hours ago. It's not much, which is fine by me! 

Weightlifting bruises are nutso. 

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

On 3/21/2018 at 11:35 AM, karinajean said:

picked it up and put it down a bunch

^ literally everything I know about weight training

On 3/21/2018 at 11:35 AM, karinajean said:

I need to trust my butt, y'all. it's strong!

This ... this feels like wisdom to me.

19 hours ago, Happienumber said:

YOU ARE AMAZING

She is. I've had beers with her. I know.

• Like 1

"We can be heroes"

19 hours ago, Happienumber said:

Um...holy crap?

YOU ARE AMAZING

Right?  I saw that too and was like ... okImahideinthecornernow!   >.>

I hope the snowbeasts stop assaulting you all!   Spring is here, yo!    COME ON AND ACT LIKE IT MOTHER NATURE!

Level 74 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

Spoiler

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

On 3/21/2018 at 6:50 PM, Happienumber said:

I majored in astrophysics and this is exactly how scientists describe things (for examples, see scientific naming of things... google "vlt" and "elt telescope" and "sonic hedgehog mutation" and "Scaptia beyonceae" you will not be sorry.)

Confirm. Medicine is this way too.

Also, dang deadlift boom!

• Like 1

Love as thou wilt.

On 3/21/2018 at 7:50 PM, Happienumber said:

Um...holy crap?

YOU ARE AMAZING

:D:D:D 

On 3/22/2018 at 3:34 PM, Starpuck said:

Right?  I saw that too and was like ... okImahideinthecornernow!   >.>

I hope the snowbeasts stop assaulting you all!   Spring is here, yo!    COME ON AND ACT LIKE IT MOTHER NATURE!

On 3/24/2018 at 8:42 AM, annyshay said:

Confirm. Medicine is this way too.

Also, dang deadlift boom!

ok, I checked my barbell math, and I think it was either really 165, OR 185, and I can't for the life of me figure it out, but it wasn't 175. but thank you all for the nice props on the fake number I told you! :) also I need to get more serious about this so I can track gainz. 

On 3/22/2018 at 10:52 AM, raptron said:

Heyyy, I rest! :P

Glad the storm kind of piddled out for you guys too! We're just getting snow now instead of... 24 hours ago. It's not much, which is fine by me! 

Weightlifting bruises are nutso. 

our snow was def about 18 hours delayed and then we had a surprise 3-4 inches overnight. NO BIG DEAL.

On 3/22/2018 at 3:28 PM, RogueLibrarian said:

She is. I've had beers with her. I know.

let's do that again sometime. that was great.

On 3/22/2018 at 4:03 PM, sylph said:

Truth. When I was learning to deadlift, my shins looked like someone had beaten me with a baseball bat.

so far my shins have been saved but I think it's because I am a pretty remedial squatter, so ever time I have to lower myself over my knees in some kind of squat motion I am SO hyper focused on sticking out my butt that my shins have been straight up and down so far. I don't know. also I'm doing things VERY CAREFULLY so it is what it is.

• Like 1

week 1 day 4. I was the only one who went to exercise party! which meant I had the SOLO JOY of doing (oh crap I can't even remember exactly now) something ridiculous like a million handstand push-ups (aka knees on a box head towards the floor push-ups), followed by a million burpees, 4x. it was HORRIBLE. I did it, but it was HORRIBLE. 

then work, and happily because of the snow I didn't have to drive tot he construction site. tkd also, and my coteacher was there and was super intense! she normally doesn't come to the thursday classes that I teach. 

week 1 day 5. exercise party with full crew. I learned how to do a power snatch. power squat snatch? I asked the guy what the difference is between a snatch and a clean, and to paraphrase, when you finish a snatch, you end up with your hands in the air (crucially, holding a barbell) in the "YAY SNATCH" position. I am learning so much, you guys. I didn't have any weight, just the technique bar, and I had a REALLY hard time figuring out my squat. I mentioned before I'm super remedial at squatting - I have to give my butt and hamstring a peptalk every time I try to do it. it's ridiculous. I know the mobility will come, and I'm being very patient with myself, but it's getting pretty silly. also, I hinge forward a lot when I squat, so this snatch position was extra tricky for me. By the end of class I was getting it pretty consistently though, and I'm appreciative of my instructor that he allows me to figure these movements out on my own when I need to spend a little extra time cajoling my muscles into moving in certain directions.

WOW by the time friday was over I was a total zombie. Also, my herpes was getting awful and sore and v. def. a big open sore on my face, so I went to the drug store and walked around like a literal zombie (as in, I was blank and slow thinking and had an open sore on my face) to get some appropriate ointments before going home and lying still on the couch for a hour and then going to bed.

week 1 day 6. kickboxing / weapons guy was out of town this weekend so I taught my tkd class (just a few girls showed up, it was great) and then changed and hustled up to mohonk mountain house for a day at a knitting retreat. it was great! I ate so much food... Mohonk is an old resort in the catskills and you can't go unless you're doing something there, so my knitters and I bought lunch, and then went to the market place and mini-workshops at the retreat. and it's like a stationary cruise ship.... buffet was delicious, and I was really hungry. I had pork belly ramen, seared ahi tuna, eggs benedict, some vegetables and bacon, a bloody mary, and 3 different kinds of tarts (plus pecan pie) for dessert. NOMMISH. and then I learned how to needle felt and made a little gnome. so good.

week 1 day 7.  I slow cleaned the house all day long in prep for family dinner with Eighteen (home for spring break) and his GF and my inlaws. no exercising. What's this!? a rest day!

• Like 1

WEEK 1 RECAP

* think about what my yard plan will be for the year. I didn't do this yet. I'm ok with it.

* keep going to the gym classes (average 4x/week). YES. I went 4x. Wednesday off, because of weather.  

* keep tracking food and thinking about what I'm eating. I ate a lot of food. I wrote it down (mostly). My weight didn't change very much. that's good information that I will think about more another time. 

figure out how to fit in running. I didn't figure this out. not one bit.

• Like 2

week 2 day 1. hello monday. I didn't sleep well at all. I was up a lot, the cat keeps sneezing (occasionally in my face), and even though the heat was down I still felt overheated. UGH.

exercise party was not super fun today. after general weights and warm-ups the routine was 4x 30 push-ups, 45 squats, and 15 box jumps. I have never done a box jump before so the guy was nice, and stacked up a bunch of 45 lb plate weights so i could jump onto them. I think I was jumping almost to the same height as the box, but it was way less intimidating, and way less dangerous-feeling. also, I feel like maybe a tiny bit of an idiot savant at jumping straight up! I hate broad jumps, but maybe I'm ok at jumping up in the air. by far, the toughest thing was the squats. I'm trying really hard to do them well, which means not that fast, and also, 45 squats is possibly the devil's own work. WHELP I SURVIVED. 

I spent like, 45 min. at work staring at my stupid busy schedule for work this week. it's going to be a lot. I have chiropractic tonight, which is GREAT, because I want to talk to her about my hip flexors. my head hurts a bunch (sinuses? didn't sleep well)? and I've got Lady Pow going on right now. also I packed a lunch even though we're having a lunch and learn with a vendor in. oh well. HIGH FIVES, MONDAY!

34 minutes ago, karinajean said:

let's do that again sometime. that was great.

We will and it was. (You guys, if you're going to NYC ask KJ for restaurant advice. She's 100% on top of it.) It seems likely that my counterpart will be going up there for business a couple of times a year, and I'll tag along whenever I can (because hey man, free hotel in NYC).

6 minutes ago, karinajean said:

week 2 day 1. hello monday. I didn't sleep well at all. I was up a lot, the cat keeps sneezing (occasionally in my face),

Our eldest hairy idiot child (9) does this and has also started drooling when he's happy. It's GREAT. (He's also obsessive about stealing paper napkins and then chewing on them until they're wet and then leaving them in the middle of the floor.)

I feel like maybe a tiny bit of an idiot savant at jumping straight up! I hate broad jumps, but maybe I'm ok at jumping up in the air.

HIDDEN TALENTS

by far, the toughest thing was the squats. I'm trying really hard to do them well, which means not that fast, and also, 45 squats is possibly the devil's own work. WHELP I SURVIVED.

My legs hurt from reading this.

I spent like, 45 min. at work staring at my stupid busy schedule for work this week. it's going to be a lot. 

Solidarity.

• Like 1

"We can be heroes"

Your tales of exercise are really super inspiring KJ.   I think I need to stop letting my excuse cloak ride up and blow over my head.  Thank you for helping me shrug that cape!

• Like 1

Level 74 ~*~ Ranger

Current Challenge

Spoiler

15 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

Your tales of exercise are really super inspiring KJ.   I think I need to stop letting my excuse cloak ride up and blow over my head.  Thank you for helping me shrug that cape!

dude! I was telling Fourteen about you this weekend. He fell and hit his lip on a heating grate and cut it badly, and his whole side jaw face was swollen and I think also he had a super mild concussion and we made him stay home and relax and drink lots of water and eat healthy things. so of course I'm like: "well you know my friend Starpuck had a concussion too and the docs told her exactly what I'm telling you.... LET YOUR BRAIN HEAL, DUDE!"

which is all to say.... you're not just, like, slacking here. LET YOUR BRAIN HEAL, DUDE!

• Like 3

On 3/26/2018 at 10:47 AM, RogueLibrarian said:

Our eldest hairy idiot child (9) does this and has also started drooling when he's happy. It's GREAT. 

OMG SO LOVING OF HIM. 

On 3/26/2018 at 12:43 PM, Mad Hatter said:

MUCH WORKOUT IMPRESS!

I aim to please!

Week 2 Day 2: I was up late monday night completing Eighteens taxes. I'm now the person who does the family's taxes because I'm good at reading rules and I like arithmetic. [[So last year, my husband tried to do the taxes on turbo tax the night before they were due but Eighteen's (nee Seventeen's) was weirdly complicated and turbo tax couldn't handle it.... so he threw his hands up and said he'd file an extension and I was like, oh, let me try. and I printed out a bunch of forms and worksheets and worked through it on paper and got it done and my husband was like: wait, you LIKE doing taxes? and I was like: wait, you DON'T like doing taxes? and it was a very Gift of the Magi situation and now I do them.]]

So yesterday, I was dragging. SO TIRED. but! I got up. went to exercise party. we did a bunch of things and then did a workout that involved pull-ups (really, jumping up to bar) and sumo deadlift high pulls. it was that thing where you count the number of moves you do, and even though I'm super slow at jumping I was very fast at pulling and I ended up doing almost as many as the girl who is the coach's girlfriend! that felt awesome. and just for the sake of writing things down, I *think* I was pulling 60 lbs. 

then I had to run home, rush out of the house and drive to a meeting at a subcontractor's office who really really wants to work with us. Bonus: there was a pastry, that I ate. double bonus: it was in the back yard of an active quarry which is freakin' cool. Triple bonus: I think I saw a young bald eagle! it had a white head and a white tail but was smaller than I thought it would be. it was making these really charming weird chirping noises as it landed on an abandoned quarry building. apparently, bald eagles make very tiny charming noises (compared to their size and ferocity of that hooked beak).

after driving back to work, I had work, and then drove south in tremendous traffic to attend a wake for a colleague and friend's dad. and then drove home. It was 850 when I got home so I shoved some taco salad (literally: salad with taco meat and cheese on top) into my face and went to bed.

Week 2 Day 3: Today I am very tired. Exercise party: it was weights day, and today I learned how to do a strict press and a power press. I got a compliment on my clean form (we cleaned, then did power pressing), which made me feel about a million times better about how carefully and nerdily and slowly I worked on that last week. HIGH FIVES FOR NERDS, NERDS.  today has already been ridiculous: right after I got home from exercise party we had to drop my car for an oil change, and then I dropped my husband at the train, and then I went home again and got ready for work, and now I'm at work. so today I am convenience breakfasting: pumpkin nut bread at home (my MIL made it for us) and starbucks oatmeal w millk at the office. I feel like a dope - I've had a pot of yogurt sitting in the fridge for several days now and I haven't jarred it up so it's easy to eat yet.  MEH.

• Like 2