• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jlailin

Jlailin has got that power, power~

I'll look up those 10 seconds when off work.

But yay for more dance practice! I feel excited for you!!

And you're not crazy :3 it's great to have something you feel so passionate about!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Only spending an hour and a half searching is still fairly calm. I may have done more for my X-Files before...

Case in point: I used a good portion of my youth to create an X-Files website.

• Like 2

Hahaha, thanks, Bean, Sif, and Plazmotic for making me feel justified in my fandom dedication.  xD  Good to know I'm not the only crazy one out there.  :P 

...So I just realized that I didn't eat dinner yesterday.  I ate a large late lunch, and I was so excited about learning Power that it might've just slipped my mind.  Still... that means I only ate one meal yesterday.  >_>  Weirdly enough, I'm not dying of hunger pains right now.  I actually feel pretty normal.  Maybe my lunch was huge enough to count for two meals?

Oh, and my couch person has cancelled on me.  TT_TT  I'm so annoyed that I said yes to her and told another person to wait and see.  Now who knows if that wait and see person will want to talk to me again.  Ugh.  Scheduling a pick up is a nightmare.  I have half a mind to just cart these couches out to the curb of my apartment.  ...but I will at least wait until next week to give this person time to respond, since she is out of town.

Sigh.  One way or another, I will get these couches out of my apartment by the end of the month!

• Like 2

Hahaha, thanks, Bean, Sif, and Plazmotic for making me feel justified in my fandom dedication.  xD  Good to know I'm not the only crazy one out there.   

...So I just realized that I didn't eat dinner yesterday.  I ate a large late lunch, and I was so excited about learning Power that it might've just slipped my mind.  Still... that means I only ate one meal yesterday.  >_>  Weirdly enough, I'm not dying of hunger pains right now.  I actually feel pretty normal.  Maybe my lunch was huge enough to count for two meals?

Oh, and my couch person has cancelled on me.  TT_TT  I'm so annoyed that I said yes to her and told another person to wait and see.  Now who knows if that wait and see person will want to talk to me again.  Ugh.  Scheduling a pick up is a nightmare.  I have half a mind to just cart these couches out to the curb of my apartment.  ...but I will at least wait until next week to give this person time to respond, since she is out of town.

Sigh.  One way or another, I will get these couches out of my apartment by the end of the month!

Maybe the lunch was filling enough and sustaining enough? Oh well things happen right :)

Sucks the person cancelled :(
Hopefully the other one is still interested!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Plazmotic said:

Case in point: I used a good portion of my youth to create an X-Files website.

Case in point, want to know how many floppy disks and zipdisks I STILL have of pictures, waves, fanfiction...

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Jlailin said:

Hahaha, thanks, Bean, Sif, and Plazmotic for making me feel justified in my fandom dedication.  xD  Good to know I'm not the only crazy one out there.  :P 

Nope, your not the only crazy one. Trust me, there are plenty more out there a bit weirder than you.

I am sorry the couch person cancelled on you. That would be frustrating

As far as the lunch thing goes, I have been there. Just don't let it be a habit. And maybe your body just didn't need the food. It was all "eh, we are good" but make sure you are eating enough overall. Trust me, you don't want to mess up your metabolism like I did.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Case in point, want to know how many floppy disks and zipdisks I STILL have of pictures, waves, fanfiction...

SAME. So many midis, so many css files... ;) 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Siferiax said:

Maybe the lunch was filling enough and sustaining enough? Oh well things happen right :)

3 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

As far as the lunch thing goes, I have been there. Just don't let it be a habit. And maybe your body just didn't need the food. It was all "eh, we are good" but make sure you are eating enough overall. Trust me, you don't want to mess up your metabolism like I did.

Yeah, I think the sleep half a day thing probably played a role in it too.  Sleep and food can somewhat balance each other out for me if I have deficit or overload of one.  But I hear you, Bean.  Don't worry.  I'm definitely eating enough  (ALL THE CAKE :P).  I think that was just a fluke day.        

I am sorry the couch person cancelled on you. That would be frustrating

21 hours ago, Siferiax said:

Sucks the person cancelled :(
Hopefully the other one is still interested!

Yeah... haven't heard from her.  Trying to be positive and actually give her until next week to respond like I said I would.  However, I did also repost the ad on craigslist, so I'm not only waiting on her.  Hopefully I get some good responses.

2 hours ago, Plazmotic said:

SAME. So many midis, so many css files... ;) 

Omg, zip disks!  I remember those monstrous things.  ...I have no idea if mine still lurk in my childhood home or if my mother got rid of them in one of her many purges.  ...it may be better if they're gone.  My fanfiction writing was atrocious.  >_>

Challenge Update:

Dear self,

I know you put up a beautiful wall of mirrors in your living room, and that you don't wear shoes at home.  However, if you are dancing to kpop songs that require lots of bouncing and stress on your ankles, you're going to have to suck it up, wear your shoes, and just vacuum afterwards. 

Sincerely,

Your ankles & knees

P.S. Do not use this as an excuse to go shoe shopping and buy indoor only shoes.  You already have a shameful amount of shoes.  Just use a pair you already have.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jlailin said:

However, if you are dancing to kpop songs that require lots of bouncing and stress on your ankles, you're going to have to suck it up, wear your shoes, and just vacuum afterwards. 

Maybe convert a current pair of outdoor shoes into indoor shoes? Toss em in the washer and dryer and then dedicate them to dancing!

• Like 2

Challenge Update:

Dear self,

I know you put up a beautiful wall of mirrors in your living room, and that you don't wear shoes at home.  However, if you are dancing to kpop songs that require lots of bouncing and stress on your ankles, you're going to have to suck it up, wear your shoes, and just vacuum afterwards. 

Sincerely,

Your ankles & knees

P.S. Do not use this as an excuse to go shoe shopping and buy indoor only shoes.  You already have a shameful amount of shoes.  Just use a pair you already have.

I may have laughed XD

And I agree with Plazmotic, if you have that many shoes, just convert a pair.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Plazmotic said:

Maybe convert a current pair of outdoor shoes into indoor shoes? Toss em in the washer and dryer and then dedicate them to dancing!

6 minutes ago, Siferiax said:

And I agree with Plazmotic, if you have that many shoes, just convert a pair.

See, this does make logical sense, but I have this silly part of me that insists I have to have a cool outfit when I dance (I know it's silly, but I find that if I look at the mirror when dancing I move more confidently if I'm dressed all snazzy or wearing make up even if it's just practice). :P This means shoe choice will vary depending on what I wear.  ...However, I do have a couple of suede pairs that I don't wear outside that much because I'm overly paranoid about them getting dirty.  I might just wipe the bottoms of those and start there.   

• Like 3

Challenge Update:

• Dance
    • Practiced since last Wednesday, and I memorized those stupidly difficult 10 seconds of choreo!  :D It is now muscle memory.  ...It's still not as smooth as I want it to be, but I'll get it there.
    • Went to the last class last night to learn Kai's solo and the ending of the dance!  ...I can only get in four turns instead of five like Kai does.  >_<  ...but it is his solo, so I'm not that surprised that mere mortals aren't able to easily do it.  I think I may get there someday, but practicing for it is a doozy, since that means spinning really, really fast multiple times.  I asked the teacher to record at the end of class, and of course I missed one of the new parts again, so I don't have a perfect recording.  >_<  The annoying part is that it was the ending.  Sooooooo close!  I'm still very happy with it though.  I actually did my make up for this class and wore my EXO shirt and hat because I'm a dork. 
      • I don't think my make up was that crazy or come-and-get-it, but I guess I did a really good job.  I got several compliments and a free drink at Shake Shack.  ...I was very puzzled about the free drink because I wasn't given a reason, but maybe someone thought I was pretty?  I don't know.  It was nice though.  :P 
    • Now it's all about retaining and refining the dance.  I need to practice the things I learned from the last lesson, so that they become more muscle memory like the other parts are.  
    • ...I think I want to keep this dance prepared for the yearly anniversary of my kpop program.  The owner has mentioned that he wants to do another dance competition thing then.  It would be fun to do it when I have the full thing refined.  I think the anniversary is in June, so I've got time.  ...maybe I'll be able to do the five turn stunt by then!  
  • Home
    • These couches are driving me CRAZY.  I had someone contact me on Sunday morning, saying she wanted to come that evening to pick up the small one and come back on Monday for the larger one.  I spoke with her on the phone, and she seemed super serious about it.  She did have some concerns if it was around smoke because one of her daughters had a respiratory problem.  I told her I had a cat, but she was okay with that.  So I rushed home after my dance class, cleared a bigger pathway to the door to make the couches easier to move, met her, showed her the couches, and then she was like "they're the wrong shade of gold; I can't take them."  RAWWWWWWWR.  >_<  
      • I know it was really only a day of being excited, but I was soooo grumpy after she left.  I understand she is still the buyer and that I cannot force anyone to buy my couches, so there's always the chance to say no.  It's a part of life and all.  And I know this one was pretty serious, but I'm just really frustrated that this keeps happening.
    • I ended up posting them on the Facebook marketplace along with the Craigslist ad I already have up.  I figure it won't hurt to have another avenue to bring in interested parties.  I posted it last night, and I got a lead already.  It is a bit nicer because I can see part of the potential buyer's facebook profile, so I can see if they seem like a crazy person.  I'm still a bit more wary because this one is a guy instead of a girl, but he is older and has a fiancee.  I'm still kidnapping one of my friends just so I won't have to meet him by myself.  I love living by myself, but there are times when living alone as a single female is a such a hassle.  
  • Like 3

Good job on the dancing!!!
Those turns are crazy! I wouldn't be able to do one XD

Sucks about the couches. Sorry it's not going as planned.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Siferiax said:

Good job on the dancing!!!
Those turns are crazy! I wouldn't be able to do one XD

Sucks about the couches. Sorry it's not going as planned.

Thank you, Sif!  :D  I'm starting to get better at turning quickly!  I got 5 in just last night, but I was a teensy bit late for the kneeling crouch after.  ...but I'm getting closer!  Yay!  :D  As for the couches, I've had a few more people message me, but I don't know if they're really serious.  Either way, I have decided that these couches are leaving me this weekend.  I'm having a friend over to either be there as I sell them or to help me haul them to the dumpster.  Then I shall have ALL THE SPACE.  MUWAHAHA.  xD

Challenge Update:

• Dance
    • Went to hip hop class yesterday.  We learned a really fun choreo, but I have no idea what the song title was.  ...This always happens in this class.  xD
    • Going to Grooves tonight.  I am telling myself now that I should not stay for the Femme Hip Hop class afterwards because I have to wake up at 6am the next day.  Must remember this when I am tempted!  >_>  
    • Also I don't need these shoes...  They are really, really shiny...  If I got them, I would be completely unproductive and stare at my feet all day.  xD
  • Home
    • Couch saga continues... There are other things I could do that aren't dependent on the couches leaving, but I just don't have the mental space to tackle them with all my focus on these couches.  

• Like 1

THE COUCHES ARE GONE!  *does a victory dance in all the empty space*  I'm so happy~~

I had someone from Craigslist say they wanted to pick them up at 2pm on Easter, which I agreed to. 2pm came and left with no sign of them.  I emailed them around 2:15pm to see if they were coming--crickets.  I decided I'd wait till 3pm, and if I heard nothing, I would have my friend help my move them into the lobby area of the apartment for anyone to claim.  3pm rolled around and there was still no answer, so my friend and a random helpful neighbor helped me tote my couches down the hallway. 

No sooner had we sat down and started to relax then I see an email from the guy saying he just saw the email and that he would check with his friend.  About half an hour after we'd finished moving the couches, I get a phone call from the friend apologizing because he didn't realize he scheduled the pick up on Easter, even though he was the one that asked to switch from Saturday to Sunday...  *head desk*  He said he could come around 5:30 or 6pm if we were still around.  I said he could come, but that I had also already moved the couches outside of my apartment, so there was no guarantee they'd be there--it was unlikely that they'd disappear in the next two hours, but it was a possibility.

The guy showed up around 5:45pm, and he's like... super duper tall.  I am pretty tiny, so most people are pretty tall to me.  I didn't think to much of it when I saw him and walked through the hallway with him, but then we got to my teeny tiny elevator where we had to stand much closer.  I had to tilt my head so far back to look at him.  I'm pretty sure he was much taller than 6 feet.  He was also tall enough that he didn't require any help to lift up the loveseat.  He just tilted it vertical and carried it by the side.  I was flabbergasted at his ease after my friend plus neighbor had struggled to move it out of my doorway.  He wasn't even that muscle-y either; he looked pretty lean, but I mean there could have been muscles lurking under there.  But just the length of limbs and height gave him such a huge advantage for picking things up--like his arms could actually wrap around all the cushions at once.  I felt like one of those damsels in distress just staring in awe at the super strong hero character.  :P

My friend and I helped him get the long couch down the stairs, since it couldn't fit in the elevator, and we helped him carry the cushions to the car.  ...he could even carry the long couch all by himself.  It was another oh wow moment.  xD  ...I was actually going to let him have the couches for free, since I'd moved them into the hallway, but he ended up over paying me for them.  I had listed them as $25, and he gave me $40.  ...I really didn't need money for them--more so moving help--but hey, I broke even on these couches after having them for 8 years!  xD

As for dance challenge updates, I've been practicing Power at least once a day.  However, I started to notice a really bad twinge in my left ankle that sometimes radiates all the way up my leg.  Pretty sure I know exactly how it got aggravated.  There's a move where you sort of twist up from a sitting position just using your momentum without your hands, and it puts a lot of strain on your ankle and knee.  ...I've since been skipping that move until I heal.  ...been trying to not use it as much--didn't go to a class on Friday--but I just couldn't resist doing a few dances in my newly cleared living room space.  xD  It's not too bad today.  I'll just be nice to it, and hope it gets better soon.

• Like 1

Challenge Update:

• Dance
    • Practiced Power everyday!  Still skipping the twisting up stunt to save my ankle from grief.
    • Went to hip hop on Monday and grooves along with femme hip hop on Tuesday.  I am sooooo sore today.  A lot of the muscles required to isolate for popping your pelvis and hips are all in your low back.  Usually I can move it with the rest of them, but the femme hip hop just has so much more hip work.  My low back is not used to moving this much.  I'm hoping this does strengthen those muscles in the long run, so that I have less of a chance of throwing out my back in the future.
    • Tonight will be the first night of bringing kpop into my hip hop studio!  So excited for this!  ...I'm a little nervous too.  I'm really hoping that we don't lose students due to the location change.  Fingers crossed that it all goes well!
  • Home
    • I love all the space in my living room~ :D  Now that they're gone, I need to clean up all the miscellaneous things lying around my living room and give them homes.  
    • I think I should make it a goal to also hang up my pictures by Friday evening, since I will be WFH in the afternoon of that day.
    • I got rid of three giant trash bags filled with old clothes, purses, and whatnot last night!  A friend from the hip hop dance studio had her apartment burn down, so she lost everything.  I was supposed to donate all my stuff ages ago, but I never got around to it.  I'm honestly not sure how much this girl will like any of the stuff from my pile of things, but I gave it all to her to pick through.  I figure she can use what she wants and donate/sell/trash what she doesn't.  I'm glad I got the stuff out of my closet, and I'm happy it's going to a good cause.  I've also told them that whenever they get a new place, I have pots and pans for them since I bought a new set last year.  I've been too sentimentally attached to get rid of my old ones, but I will give them to these folks if they need them because I know they'll be going to someone who needs them.

• Like 1

I am so glad the couches are finally gone and you did okay with them. It sounds like you are making massive improvements in the house area.

So how did the kpop int he new studio go? it sounds like your doing great with your dancing too.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2018 at 10:38 AM, Bean Sidhe said:

I am so glad the couches are finally gone and you did okay with them. It sounds like you are making massive improvements in the house area.

Thank you~  Yes, my home feels so much better to me right now.  I love being able to fully utilize my wall of mirrors!  I even hung up two of my framed posters yesterday.  ...There's one more to hang, but I don't know where to put it just yet.  ...I think it may make more sense to hang it after I've gotten a new couch. 

My cat did have some issues when I took the couches away.  He was suddenly way more needy and kept attacking everyone's feet.  At first, I wasn't sure if it was his diet reduction and/or switch (his last vet visit showed evidence of kidney issues, so I had to change his food, which he thankfully loves as well).  ...but then I gave him a little more food to test it, and the behavior didn't stop.  Then the idea occurred to me that the empty room didn't offer enough stimulation for him.  I took one of my random pieces of cardboard from the mirror packaging, bent it in half, and set it on the floor like a little tent.  He immediately ran forward to rub all over it, claim it, and hide inside of it.  I think he really needs a cat tree or a new couch.  In the meantime, I've folded more cardboard pieces to give him more little tent areas.  He seems so much happier.  

On 4/6/2018 at 10:38 AM, Bean Sidhe said:

So how did the kpop int he new studio go? it sounds like your doing great with your dancing too.

It was great!  Our turnout was record setting!  We had 10 students in our first class in our new location.  :D  For me personally, it was mentally/emotionally weird.  Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy that we've moved to this studio and it was my goal all along.  However, in all that I didn't think to consider my mental switch between different types of dance classes/studios.  In the hip hop studio, I've attended adult classes where we don't care if we swear or do sexy dance moves--people talk about their one night stands, parties they've been to, and their wild weekends, and the listeners (me because I don't do those things myself xD) celebrate their happiness.  It's a safe place to be my adult self.  In my kpop classes, I've been with an age group that has ranged from 7 to 30s.  There is no age restriction for the kpop class, but it tends to go towards teens and early college.  In my kpop class, I get to fangirl and revisit my youth, but I also watch what I say and do to set a good example for the younger students.  So it was a little weird to have them in the same space.  My brain wasn't quite ready for it, but I'll adjust.  It'll probably just take some time.  :P  But both the kpop program owner and the studio owner were so thrilled with the turn out.  I think it can be called a win. :D         

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jlailin said:

Thank you~  Yes, my home feels so much better to me right now.  I love being able to fully utilize my wall of mirrors!  I even hung up two of my framed posters yesterday.  ...There's one more to hang, but I don't know where to put it just yet.  ...I think it may make more sense to hang it after I've gotten a new couch. 

My cat did have some issues when I took the couches away.  He was suddenly way more needy and kept attacking everyone's feet.  At first, I wasn't sure if it was his diet reduction and/or switch (his last vet visit showed evidence of kidney issues, so I had to change his food, which he thankfully loves as well).  ...but then I gave him a little more food to test it, and the behavior didn't stop.  Then the idea occurred to me that the empty room didn't offer enough stimulation for him.  I took one of my random pieces of cardboard from the mirror packaging, bent it in half, and set it on the floor like a little tent.  He immediately ran forward to rub all over it, claim it, and hide inside of it.  I think he really needs a cat tree or a new couch.  In the meantime, I've folded more cardboard pieces to give him more little tent areas.  He seems so much happier.  

This makes sense. To the cat, that was "his" territory and his property. You got rid of "his" couch, which may of made him a bit freaked out about "what else will she take away" Cats love to mark with scent things they owned, and when there was no couch, he wasn't sure if he still owned the room. giving him little tents will help since he marked that up saying "this is still my room". I think a small cat tree may help too so he has somewhere to sit while your dancing not under foot. My cats always get weird when we rearrange things.

20 hours ago, Jlailin said:

It was great!  Our turnout was record setting!  We had 10 students in our first class in our new location.  :D  For me personally, it was mentally/emotionally weird.  Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy that we've moved to this studio and it was my goal all along.  However, in all that I didn't think to consider my mental switch between different types of dance classes/studios.  In the hip hop studio, I've attended adult classes where we don't care if we swear or do sexy dance moves--people talk about their one night stands, parties they've been to, and their wild weekends, and the listeners (me because I don't do those things myself xD) celebrate their happiness.  It's a safe place to be my adult self.  In my kpop classes, I've been with an age group that has ranged from 7 to 30s.  There is no age restriction for the kpop class, but it tends to go towards teens and early college.  In my kpop class, I get to fangirl and revisit my youth, but I also watch what I say and do to set a good example for the younger students.  So it was a little weird to have them in the same space.  My brain wasn't quite ready for it, but I'll adjust.  It'll probably just take some time.  :P  But both the kpop program owner and the studio owner were so thrilled with the turn out.  I think it can be called a win. :D         

I am glad the class went so well. I can understand the mental aspect when you put it like that. It can be a bit hard to make the switch, but I am sure you will get that figured out. It may be something as easy as "With this teacher, its adult time., with that teacher, its be a good example time" Hopefully the class continues to do well. I am so happy for you that it is working out.

• Like 1

On 4/10/2018 at 6:31 AM, Bean Sidhe said:

This makes sense. To the cat, that was "his" territory and his property. You got rid of "his" couch, which may of made him a bit freaked out about "what else will she take away" Cats love to mark with scent things they owned, and when there was no couch, he wasn't sure if he still owned the room. giving him little tents will help since he marked that up saying "this is still my room". I think a small cat tree may help too so he has somewhere to sit while your dancing not under foot. My cats always get weird when we rearrange things.

Yes, my cat even gets freaked out after I vacuum--he keeps sniffing the ground and circling because it doesn't all his scent markers are gone (I have an intense vacuum because of my allergies).  ...I actually do already own a bunch of cat shelves that I've been wanting to put up.  I need to clean the corner, so I can attach them.  Maybe I'll also get some carpeting and velcro stickers to make some of them soft but still washable.  I have issues with most standard cat trees because you can't really fully clean them, which is havoc for my allergies.  >_>  Oh well, I shall find something for him.  In the meantime, he has ALL THE CARDBOARD.  xD  

On 4/10/2018 at 6:31 AM, Bean Sidhe said:

I am glad the class went so well. I can understand the mental aspect when you put it like that. It can be a bit hard to make the switch, but I am sure you will get that figured out. It may be something as easy as "With this teacher, its adult time., with that teacher, its be a good example time" Hopefully the class continues to do well. I am so happy for you that it is working out.

Yup!  This week was better.  I feel like that first class was just the adjustment period.  :)  It was funny, my nineteen year old teacher came early yesterday and my studio owner friend was talking to her and handed her a flyer to the male sexy dancer show that rehearses in her studio--and then quickly took it back when she realized the teacher wasn't twenty one.  :P  It was great.  I'm happy they're bonding.  :D 

• Like 1

Challenge Update/Reflection:

This will probably be the last update here for the end of the challenge.  I've got a friend I'm picking up from the airport at 5 AM tomorrow morning and a week of shenanigans planned out.  I loved this challenge--having a theme was so much fun!  I don't think I'll do it for every challenge, but it definitely made this one that much more enjoyable.  :D 

I completely forgot to measure myself at the start of this challenge, even though I reminded myself to do it in my reserved post (whoops...) :rolleyes:  Well, clothes still fit, so I'm guessing I'm fine in that regard.

As for the challenge goals:

• Dance
    • Learn the dance for EXO's Power - Check!  
      • Attend Kpop class on 3/21 and 3/25 - Check!
      • Watch and study videos of performances - Check!
    • Practice the dance at least once per day - Check!
    • Master Kai's Chaines turn stunt - CHECK!  Guys, I can actually do all five of the super fast turns now!  ...still probably not as graceful as him, but I can actually get around fast enough to get the number of rotations in!
    • Conclusion: I'd say the dance goal is checked off.  I learned Power so that it feels pretty second nature.  There is one particular foot work detail that I still want to tweak and refine, but other than that the majority of the dance is done.  ...Will probably still practice it everyday in some kind of form.  I want to hold on to this dance, so maybe I can use it in a June competition... <_<
  • Habits
    • Continue intermittent fasting - umm, this kinda went off the rails in the past few days.  I keep craving soup at 11pm, which isn't the worst thing in the world considering it's mostly water and me just boiling dehydrated shiitake mushrooms, kelp, garlic, and topping with black garlic oil, but I've just had horrible willpower about it. ...I blame the black garlic oil.  That stuff is just so incredibly addictive.  >_>
    • Dance class 3x per week (kpop, hip hop, grooves, etc) - I think I should get a double check for this one, since I've really been dancing 4+ times per week, and one of those times usually is two classes back to back. X_X  
    • Document activities and identify one hour openings for strength training - totally didn't do this.  Pretty sure I can't actually work this in unless I give up one of my dance classes, but I just love them all so much~  Ahh, well, perhaps I shall just let it be a focus for later.  I'm having fun with dance, so I'll just enjoy it. 
      • Bonus: Do strength training!
  • Home
    • Get rid of the couches! - CHECK!  So happy this is done!  :D 

All in all, I'll call this challenge a success--I got my dance done and the majority of my habits.  :D  ...I'm thinking my next challenge will probably start late.  >_>  My brain is already in vacation mode, and I doubt I'll get a thread up while my friend is visiting.  :P  Catch you all on the next challenge!  <3 

DTxi6phX4AA8PHJ.jpg

When tiring days come, remember babe
The beautiful us
The power to get up again
It’s in you

We got that
Oh we got that oh we got that
We got that

We got that power power
Through this music
When we sing with one voice
Power power
We become stronger
Turn the music up now

Power power
Ah ooh yeah
Turn the music up now

We got that
We got that

• Like 1

On 4/12/2018 at 1:48 PM, Jlailin said:

Yes, my cat even gets freaked out after I vacuum--he keeps sniffing the ground and circling because it doesn't all his scent markers are gone (I have an intense vacuum because of my allergies).  ...I actually do already own a bunch of cat shelves that I've been wanting to put up.  I need to clean the corner, so I can attach them.  Maybe I'll also get some carpeting and velcro stickers to make some of them soft but still washable.  I have issues with most standard cat trees because you can't really fully clean them, which is havoc for my allergies.  >_>  Oh well, I shall find something for him.  In the meantime, he has ALL THE CARDBOARD.  xD  

You may be able to make fleece covers for the shelves that would still be soft and comfy but would still be able to go in the washer as well. I get the allergies things. Technically Hubby is allergic to pets. He married me. now they don't bother him as much, but his other allergies are worse (especially seasonal).

On 4/12/2018 at 1:48 PM, Jlailin said:

Yup!  This week was better.  I feel like that first class was just the adjustment period.  :)  It was funny, my nineteen year old teacher came early yesterday and my studio owner friend was talking to her and handed her a flyer to the male sexy dancer show that rehearses in her studio--and then quickly took it back when she realized the teacher wasn't twenty one.  :P  It was great.  I'm happy they're bonding.  :D 

I hope this leads to many years of great things between the two.  I can totally see that happening of "Oh you should see this.... Nope, nevermind, I forget your not old enough"

I think you did great on your challenge. HAve fun with your friend and we will see you next challenge.

• Like 1