Elastigirl/Shuri; Smiles, Strength and Sass

Elastigirl

29 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

HI, hmm not sure. I might be starting rings and my workout right now takes time. But, it sounds so tempting to do a PVP, it was so fun

You can jump in / out as you like, it's flexible. You're more than welcome in any case at any time!

30 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

I was on a jury before.It was a domestic assault case. It feels like a lot of pressure, but it was sort of interesting. However, I feel like now I've done it, so I'm hoping I don't have to actually be on the jury again.

I was also thinking once is probably enough. But yes, interesting experience I think and well citizen duty after all :)

• Like 1

Challenges #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 (current)

Battle log The Assassin's Path (current)

Woot: first 1mn free HS | first press to HS

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm sorry for your loss, and proud of how you recognized what was going on and gave yourself space to heal.

Thanks. I think I am getting better at give myself space to heal, but still feel that I am a bit slow on the figuring out what is really bothering me.

• Like 4

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

2 hours ago, Lightning said:

“This weekend and a bit of meandering inside my mind (a bit scary I know;)

That wasn’t scary at all!  You worked it all out really fast. I’m most impressed by the fact that you were able to go back to sleep! I tend to ruminate for quite awhile. 

Thanks. I'm still actually ruminating on it. I was surprised I went back to sleep so quickly too. I just had a peace about it all.

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

6 hours ago, @mu said:

You can jump in / out as you like, it's flexible. You're more than welcome in any case at any time!

I was also thinking once is probably enough. But yes, interesting experience I think and well citizen duty after all :)

Serving on a jury did give me a better feel of how it all works.  I'm still pondering on the PVP. I may jump in next week. I finish Integral Strength this week

• Like 1

This  morning  was an o.k start.  I got up read my Bible , cleaned the kitchen, had breakfast, dawdled too much on the computer, started my workout later than I wanted. I finished before 11, though I still need to do some GMB stretches for Focused Flexibilty.  Had my protein shake, and then got some stuff done.I need to have a reward or punishment set up for the mornings to get me going. Too tired to think of one now.

Not sure why, but I am super tired right now. Maybe allergies. I did go on two walks today 14,000 steps, so maybe that's it. Hubby's alarm was messed up this morning. I usually sleep through his alarm, but it went off twice today, and the second time was an actual annoying alarm sound that super woke me up.And I had to get out of bed to go turn it off (he was already up and out of the bedroom) 

Did my workout today. Last week of Integral Strength.

edit to add:

Forgot to say the cool thing my husband said. He was working from home for an early morning meeting while I worked out. When he came down I was doing a chin up. He said, "that's impressive" that made me feel  great.

• Like 14

Man I have to ditto Tank and say impressive on realizing what you were feeling and letting yourself sort through it a bit.   I know those moments when you get that sudden peace heh, actually just had one myself a few weeks ago when I decided to take the VERY spontaneous call at my church, to join the others getting baptized during the service.  I'd never done an adult, choose to show your beliefs kind of baptism, and as I walked out to go see the person I was just a shaking nervous heap.   Once I got changed and into the vestibule, there was just this immediate peace.   Like a snap of fingers and all that was there was this calm.

I hope you can continue to ruminate toward even more peace on it.  

And heeeck yeah for compliments on chin ups yeaaah!

• Like 4

Level 83 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100

47 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

Man I have to ditto Tank and say impressive on realizing what you were feeling and letting yourself sort through it a bit.   I know those moments when you get that sudden peace heh, actually just had one myself a few weeks ago when I decided to take the VERY spontaneous call at my church, to join the others getting baptized during the service.  I'd never done an adult, choose to show your beliefs kind of baptism, and as I walked out to go see the person I was just a shaking nervous heap.   Once I got changed and into the vestibule, there was just this immediate peace.   Like a snap of fingers and all that was there was this calm.

I hope you can continue to ruminate toward even more peace on it.  

And heeeck yeah for compliments on chin ups yeaaah!

That's cool that you went up front and were baptized. There's a verse in the Bible that's says "The peace of God which passes all understanding' and I think is what we experienced. I took a walk today. One of the reasons I like walking is it gives me the mental time to think through things, and I was able to think through it more. I think it just means letting myself grieve. Not just for my uncle, but  for the fact that  my mom's generation of family has all passed. 

I'm still pumped about the chin ups compliment. 

• Like 2

Man, even at my lightest I couldn't do a chin up! I'm envious!

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

That's cool that you went up front and were baptized. There's a verse in the Bible that's says "The peace of God which passes all understanding' and I think is what we experienced. I took a walk today. One of the reasons I like walking is it gives me the mental time to think through things, and I was able to think through it more. I think it just means letting myself grieve. Not just for my uncle, but  for the fact that  my mom's generation of family has all passed. 

I'm still pumped about the chin ups compliment. 

Yeah, the walking does the same for me. Sometimes they also became prayer walks. I guess the fresh air and nature do something that opens up the mind to it.

• Like 2

Level 4 Padawan

STR 4.75 | DEX 5 | STA 8.5 | CON 4.25 | WIS 4.25 | CHA 2.75

Challenge #1, #2, #3, #4, #5 , #6, #7 | Battle Log | Epic Quests | STRAVA Profile

! Join the Rebellion (NF Club) On Strava !

>>> On 8/11/2017 started Walking to Mordor, threw the Ring into Mount Doom on 26/5/2019 and now heading back to Hobbiton >>>

'We all long for Eden, and we are constantly glimpsing it: our whole nature is still soaked with the sense of exile.' - J. R. R. Tolkien

On 3/13/2018 at 4:07 PM, Elastigirl said:

de724882f18047d0.png

This is  a soft goal. It is a reminder to seek out the things that bring me joy and make time for them in my life; Bible reading, dancing, friends,prayer, geocaching,church. I will share those on here as I believe they are part of what makes me a healthy person.

This is an awesome goal! I tell myself often that I need to be doing the things I love, geocaching being one of them. I went through last week and added all the days this month that I need a cache to fill in that day on my stats grid to my calendar. I had 2 last week and found one. I guess I'll get that blank one next year. 

This is an important one to stick to and inspires me to be intentional about it myself again! 

• Like 1

Current Challenge: --> Spring 2020

"How long do you try? Until"– Jim Rohn

NF Level 10

14 hours ago, Ba'sini'on said:

Man, even at my lightest I couldn't do a chin up! I'm envious!

Thanks!

8 hours ago, Tzippi Longstockings said:

Wakanda Forever!

X

wakanda-logo_zpsbdr2vc3a.png?w=609&h=609

8 hours ago, MattSkywalker said:

Yeah, the walking does the same for me. Sometimes they also became prayer walks. I guess the fresh air and nature do something that opens up the mind to it.

I think it is the fresh air and lots less distractions. Mine are often prayer walks too.

7 hours ago, WantMy$2 said:

This is an awesome goal! I tell myself often that I need to be doing the things I love, geocaching being one of them. I went through last week and added all the days this month that I need a cache to fill in that day on my stats grid to my calendar. I had 2 last week and found one. I guess I'll get that blank one next year. 

This is an important one to stick to and inspires me to be intentional about it myself again! 

Seems like we have been so busy lately, we haven't had as much time for geocaching as I like. Now that the weather's nicer I hope to get out at least a couple of times a month

• Like 2

On 3/19/2018 at 10:05 PM, Elastigirl said:

My uncle's memorial service was Saturday. I loved him a bunch. We weren't super close, mainly seeing him on holidays, but that has been a constant in my life. He was a Christian, so now he is with the Lord.

I'm so sorry to hear. Sending you *hugs* and hoping you find peace and acceptance. Can only imagine how difficult that is. :love_heart: *hugs*

On 3/20/2018 at 4:35 AM, Elastigirl said:

When he came down I was doing a chin up. He said, "that's impressive" that made me feel great.

It is impressive, and oh so sweet of him to recognise and mention it! ;)

On 3/20/2018 at 5:32 AM, Starpuck said:

VERY spontaneous call at my church, to join the others getting baptized

Oh wonderful! Congratulations! :love_heart:

On 3/20/2018 at 6:25 AM, Elastigirl said:

One of the reasons I like walking is it gives me the mental time to think through things, and I was able to think through it more. I think it just means letting myself grieve. Not just for my uncle, but  for the fact that  my mom's generation of family has all passed. 

This... just taking the proper time to think through things, sort of find yourself and just feel/be. *hugs*

• Like 2

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

Sorry to hear about your uncle. I'm glad you're giving your self space to process.

When I was struggling to get up and get going in the mornings I really focused on why I wanted to (I came up with 10 reasons), and I set up some if then type rewards. For example if I got up and moving on time I could have coffee right away, but if I didn't I had to wait until I was at work. 

• Like 1

Pixie Warrior 

I aim to misbehave

My NF Character, My Current Challenge

12 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

I'm so sorry to hear. Sending you *hugs* and hoping you find peace and acceptance. Can only imagine how difficult that is. :love_heart: *hugs*

It is impressive, and oh so sweet of him to recognise and mention it! ;)

Oh wonderful! Congratulations! :love_heart:

This... just taking the proper time to think through things, sort of find yourself and just feel/be. *hugs*

Thanks.Yes, I thought it was super sweet of him to notice. I love how supportive my husband is of my interests

3 hours ago, vibrantnotions said:

Sorry to hear about your uncle. I'm glad you're giving your self space to process.

When I was struggling to get up and get going in the mornings I really focused on why I wanted to (I came up with 10 reasons), and I set up some if then type rewards. For example if I got up and moving on time I could have coffee right away, but if I didn't I had to wait until I was at work. 

Thanks. That is a great idea. Right now my reward is that if I am done on time, I get to get busy and do more stuff,which may be why I am having a motivation problem,.;) I think if I get done by 11 I can set the timer for 15 minutes, have some tea, and spend time here or on GMB. If I get done a little late, I can still have time, just subtract how late I am from the 15 minutes.

3 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I'm so sorry for your loss. Hugs!

Well spotted connection between sadness and grief and taking control over your weight. It's really rather interesting how the mind works. 

Thanks. I found it really interesting how my mind works. I think I was also nervous about the memorial and felt a bit out of control, and that is why I wanted to control my weight, which makes me  ponder about food and control and how I sometimes use it for control, which of course is not super healthy, so I need to watch for when I do this.

• Like 1

Yesterday morning went great. I did all the things, plus I put some meat in the crockpot for stew, did my workout, and finished just slightly after 11 ( because I needed to do the crockpot before my workout)

Been getting lots of walking in. A walk after lunch, and then Mr. I and I go for a walk when he gets home, so I've gotten 15,000 steps Monday and Tuesday.

A very cool exciting thing happened in my workouts. Bridge press up are part of the workout. I have never been able to come close to lifting my head off the ground, but yesterday I was able to. I just figured it was never going to happen, and then suddenly yesterday I was able to!

I am back on maintenance calories, which is awesome. I like not being hungry. I've been tired though, not sure why. Allergies? I wake up with my nose all stuffed up.

Tonight we are having family for dinner, and my niece and kids are spending the night. We are having tacos.

• Like 9

12 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

A very cool exciting thing happened in my workouts. Bridge press up are part of the workout. I have never been able to come close to lifting my head off the ground, but yesterday I was able to. I just figured it was never going to happen, and then suddenly yesterday I was able to!

Yay! That's awesome!

• Like 1

Lots of greatness in that update!  Congrats on the bridge-ness.   Also, tacoooos.     Pretty much double win there.     Those steps are crazy!    I blew my streak today... but I had such bad shin splints I figured that 'Discretion is the better part of valor!'

• Like 1

Level 83 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 2:58 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

Maintenance is the best. So are Tacos.

agreed

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 12:47 PM, Mad Hatter said:

Yay! That's awesome!

Thanks. I thought as I did it that maybe some day I could be as bendy as you

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 12:40 PM, Salinger said:

Have fun and enjoy the tacos xx

Thanks we did

8 hours ago, Fonzico said:

Truth. 

Also: Following!

Glas to see you

7 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Lots of greatness in that update!  Congrats on the bridge-ness.   Also, tacoooos.     Pretty much double win there.     Those steps are crazy!    I blew my streak today... but I had such bad shin splints I figured that 'Discretion is the better part of valor!'

Thanks.Tacos are always a win, even if it wasn't a Tuesday. Steps are sorta easy right now as Mr I. is trying to keep a streak going for his step goal, so he is super motivated. Stupid shin splints

• Like 1