Jump to content

Elastigirl/Shuri; Smiles, Strength and Sass


Elastigirl

Recommended Posts

On 3/21/2018 at 9:34 PM, Elastigirl said:

Bridge press up are part of the workout. I have never been able to come close to lifting my head off the ground, but yesterday I was able to. I just figured it was never going to happen, and then suddenly yesterday I was able to!

Oh woot! woot! for being more supple? More strong?

Glad Mr. I's walking goals are keeping you on your walking goal too. Or vice versa.

 

  • Like 3

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

 

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

Link to comment
11 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Oh woot! woot! for being more supple? More strong?

Glad Mr. I's walking goals are keeping you on your walking goal too. Or vice versa.

 

 

6 hours ago, annyshay said:

bth.gif

Annyshay is right, it's both. I think it might lean more heavily on supple, as my shoulders were fairly strong

  • Like 3

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Link to comment

Tacos were good. A bit bland, as my in-laws don't do spicy at all (Kansas meat and potatoes people:))  but still good, everyone liked them.  Today we are having more company for dinner.Two couples from our church. Which hits one of my epic quest goals, which is to have more non family/non besties over for dinner. It always makes me nervous to have "company" for dinner" . We are  having the pastor and his wife, which makes me even more nervous. Not that it should they are both super nice and friendly, and I know it's not true, but somehow it always feels like pastors are on some  other level than us mere humans;) Which, for the record is not true.:) Still I'm a bit nervous. We are having roast beef, with roasted carrots, potatoes, and sweet potatoes, and broccoli. Simple, hopefully they like it. I don't really do fancy.

  • Like 9

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Link to comment
8 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I know it's not true, but somehow it always feels like pastors are on some  other level than us mere humans

I certainly am ;) 

 

(But only because I'm stuck on the stupid water level)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Link to comment
48 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I certainly am ;) 

 

(But only because I'm stuck on the stupid water level)

:)  

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Link to comment
On 3/23/2018 at 2:17 PM, Elastigirl said:

Tacos were good. A bit bland, as my in-laws don't do spicy at all (Kansas meat and potatoes people:))  but still good, everyone liked them.  Today we are having more company for dinner.Two couples from our church. Which hits one of my epic quest goals, which is to have more non family/non besties over for dinner. It always makes me nervous to have "company" for dinner" . We are  having the pastor and his wife, which makes me even more nervous. Not that it should they are both super nice and friendly, and I know it's not true, but somehow it always feels like pastors are on some  other level than us mere humans;) Which, for the record is not true.:) Still I'm a bit nervous. We are having roast beef, with roasted carrots, potatoes, and sweet potatoes, and broccoli. Simple, hopefully they like it. I don't really do fancy.

 

Oh man, I know what you mean!    Our pastor, during his sermon, confessed to how they have to try and not cuss at home as part of their rules.   It just felt so good to see a pastor confess that absolute human side.   He also admitted to a rule/games of his household, and said that he and his girls (they are from Texas originally) used to play this game, whenever they say a horse or donkey, would shout from the car, "Hey look at that <biblical term for a donkey>" lol.

 

But I get it!   One of my favorite pastors at my church (And it's a big church and I am woefully not very plugged in and I need to fix that) came up to me the week I got baptized and started talking to me while I waited my turn.  And I felt like a kid meeting a big celeb or something.   (It has nothing to do with the fact I might have a small crush on him, I swear!)  Ahem.   

 

Anyway, sorry to hijack your thread with a story from my church hah, but I totally get it.       The meal sounds great.  I would LOOOOVE IT.       Can't wait to hear how well it all went. :)

 

  • Like 4

Level 83 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

 

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100

 

 

Link to comment
On 3/23/2018 at 9:09 PM, Elastigirl said:

 

@annyshay is right, it's both. I think it might lean more heavily on supple, as my shoulders were fairly strong

:D I meant both.

On 3/23/2018 at 9:17 PM, Elastigirl said:

Simple, hopefully they like it. I don't really do fancy.

Sounds delicious. Fancy is just the way you dress the food up, with a nice table and cutlery/place settings. Hope you had a great evening.

  • Like 3

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

 

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

Link to comment
19 hours ago, Lightning said:

Everybody likes a good roast!  That's my go-to meal for guests.  

 

Congrats on the bridge!  That's Awesome!

tina-fey-amy-poehler-high-five-1.gif

Thanks

4 hours ago, Starpuck said:

 

Oh man, I know what you mean!    Our pastor, during his sermon, confessed to how they have to try and not cuss at home as part of their rules.   It just felt so good to see a pastor confess that absolute human side.   He also admitted to a rule/games of his household, and said that he and his girls (they are from Texas originally) used to play this game, whenever they say a horse or donkey, would shout from the car, "Hey look at that <biblical term for a donkey>" lol.

 

But I get it!   One of my favorite pastors at my church (And it's a big church and I am woefully not very plugged in and I need to fix that) came up to me the week I got baptized and started talking to me while I waited my turn.  And I felt like a kid meeting a big celeb or something.   (It has nothing to do with the fact I might have a small crush on him, I swear!)  Ahem.   

 

Anyway, sorry to hijack your thread with a story from my church hah, but I totally get it.       The meal sounds great.  I would LOOOOVE IT.       Can't wait to hear how well it all went. :)

 

hijack away, I love  those stories.:) I think it's easy to forget when we hear pastors preaching that they have struggles too. My pastor's wife is a great lady, very real, and she shares her struggles, but still, I get nervous. The evening went wonderful.

2 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

:D I meant both.

Sounds delicious. Fancy is just the way you dress the food up, with a nice table and cutlery/place settings. Hope you had a great evening.

Thanks. Then I did good. I had a pretty spring tablecloth, and our nice china and some pretty candles.

 

 

The evening went very well. We had a great time visiting, and the food turned out well. I knew once people got there, I'd be fine, and I was. One of the couples has a brand new baby (so cute) and a 3 year old who was just adorable. The thing I did mess up on was forgetting to offer them coffee with desert. If you remember, I bought a Keurig because I never make coffee in a coffee pot and this is easier. I got sugar out and everything, but I just forgot to offer it. I am not really a very good hostess. I get super wrapped up in talking, and forget to offer stuff like water of coffee. I at least no longer burn dinner, which I used to do because I was too busy chatting.:)

  • Like 7

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Link to comment
5 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Maybe you should put Mr. I in charge of coffee. You can’t have Seattlites over and not have coffee.

That's not a workable plan either. Not only is he more forgetful and talkative than me, he generally feels like people don't need coffee:lol:

We will be lucky if one day they don't just throw us out of Seattle.:)

  • Sad 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Link to comment

Struggled today. It was grey, rainy and cold, and I had zero motivation to get stuff done. I did find a dress on Amazon to buy for Easter. Morning was ok, except for the late start (again) read my Bible, kitchen  and had breakfast. I'm taking today as a semi deload. I did a rowing workout, sorta of medium intensity, while I watched Flash.Flash is good tv to watch while rowing. Easy to keep up with the plot, even if you only half pay attention. Did my focused flexibility stuff.

Weekend was very nice. Had company over Friday night, and Saturday for game night. Since we'd had so much company this week, for our game night friends I just did Costco roast chicken and packaged salad and rice. Then Sunday I went to my friends for her birthday party. She wanted to learn poker, so we all played poker, which was fun. Most of us (50+ year old ladies) had never played before, so we were all just learning.

Scale was up a bit. I'm not sure if it was because I just in general ate a bit too much, and I need to lower my calories a bit, or I ate too much on the weekend, which happened. I ate at about a 200 calorie deficit today. It was easy, I'd eaten a bunch over the weekend, and taking Monday to rein it in and eat lighter felt good. I may eat at a deficit this week. I'd still like to lose a bit, just so I have a bit of room to not get fluffy if I gain weight. Or I might not. If my motivation for it is low tomorrow, I'm not going to push it.

 

  • Like 4

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Link to comment
14 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

he generally feels like people don't need coffee

 

i_can__t_believe_it__they_are_taking_pic

  • Like 3

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

 

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

 

 

Link to comment

Sounds like you had a great weekend!!  It's been gray and miserable wherever I go too *at home, visiting another state, blegh) so I feel you on the low motivation.  Hope you have a great week!!!

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

 

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

 

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

Link to comment
7 hours ago, Chris-Tien Jinn said:

 

i_can__t_believe_it__they_are_taking_pic

:lol:

37 minutes ago, Stribs said:

Sounds like you had a great weekend!!  It's been gray and miserable wherever I go too *at home, visiting another state, blegh) so I feel you on the low motivation.  Hope you have a great week!!!

Thanks. Hoping that the sun and spring come soon.

16 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Image result for wait what gif

I think the Starbucks effect has made him question whether people really like coffee or the candy bar in a cup

  • Like 3

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

I think the Starbucks effect has made him question whether people really like coffee or the candy bar in a cup

 

I'm with him on this one - and it is SO hard to avoid the syrups and such whenever I go into a shop --- I just avoid them and their likes.  

Level 63 Human ... Oath of Ancients Paladin

"We are better than we know, if we can be made to see it, [then] for the rest of our lives, we'll be unwilling to settle for less."  - Kurt Hahn

STR: 14 | DEX: 14| CON: 17 | INT: 17 | WIS: 17 | CHA: 14

 

The SIde Tracked Quest (rough draft)

 

 

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I think the Starbucks effect has made him question whether people really like coffee or the candy bar in a cup

Ok, I can go with him on that. Also, If I ever get to visit, I'll just speak up for myself and ask for coffee ;) 

  • Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Link to comment
2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Ok, I can go with him on that. Also, If I ever get to visit, I'll just speak up for myself and ask for coffee ;) 

Tht's really the best plan. Most of the friends who come more often do that. 

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Link to comment

Our friends are at the stage now where they all know how to work the coffee machine, replace the toilet paper and otherwise more or less fend for themselves in our house in such a way that it sort of seems like their house too. It’s a good way of doing things, but it means if less close friends come over I forget to do the general hosting duties!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Like 5
Link to comment
6 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

Our friends are at the stage now where they all know how to work the coffee machine, replace the toilet paper and otherwise more or less fend for themselves in our house in such a way that it sort of seems like their house too. It’s a good way of doing things, but it means if less close friends come over I forget to do the general hosting duties!
 

This exactly^

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Link to comment
7 hours ago, Yasha92 said:

Our friends are at the stage now where they all know how to work the coffee machine, replace the toilet paper and otherwise more or less fend for themselves in our house in such a way that it sort of seems like their house too. It’s a good way of doing things, but it means if less close friends come over I forget to do the general hosting duties!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Oh gosh, I became that friend for the guys I hang out with.   I even pick up a gallon of milk every now and then because I drink theirs when having cookies at night!  LOL.    The rest of the group sometimes teases that it's not my house and I let THEM live there, lololol!

 

 

  • Like 1

Level 83 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

 

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100

 

 

Link to comment
6 hours ago, Starpuck said:

 

Oh gosh, I became that friend for the guys I hang out with.   I even pick up a gallon of milk every now and then because I drink theirs when having cookies at night!  LOL.    The rest of the group sometimes teases that it's not my house and I let THEM live there, lololol!

 

 

 

6 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Haha that's us as well. We store gin and beer at our friends' flat and the first thing I do when I step through the door is boiling the kettle! :D (I also have a designated toothbrush in case I sleep over.)

That's awesome. That's how I want my friends to feel.

  • Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines