Elastigirl/Shuri; Smiles, Strength and Sass

Elastigirl

4 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Today wasleg day, and I was able to do it without dying, so that was good. Also, I did roll into pistols, it's been a year since I did them, and I am much stronger with them.

Woot! Woot! A year later and you can still do them! :loyal:

• Like 3

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

12 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Woot! Woot! A year later and you can still do them! :loyal:

It is very cool to not do something for a bit, and then come back to it, and actually be better at them. I think my body is becoming more adaptable.

12 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I don't see why those two can't be mutually exclusive. ;) 

I like the way you think

f46fcf5db2931a90a4f8d040896febbadbd3f6e1

• Like 7

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

On 4/3/2018 at 2:23 PM, Elastigirl said:

Thanks. It's just hard to make myself believe that. For so much of my life, I was nowhere near strong or athletic, so I find it hard to believe different, but I am starting to think of myself as strong.

On 4/5/2018 at 9:48 PM, Elastigirl said:

Also, I did roll into pistols, it's been a year since I did them, and I am much stronger with them.

Um, yeah.  You're officially strong.

• Like 3

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

"Nothing is true; everything is permitted"

10 hours ago, Lightning said:

Um, yeah.  You're officially strong.

2 hours ago, Raxie said:

tumblr_m43fmnEFfl1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

Thanks guys. So thankful for you all. I sometimes have a weird disconnect, where I still feel like the old me, so it's nice to have you guys around to encourage me.

1 hour ago, Tateman said:

Just catching up. Got to so, you are killing it. Like seriously, you are doing so great. Keep it going! :)

Thanks

• Like 3

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Had a good weekend. We saw Ready Player One, and really enjoyed it. Having been an 80's nerd, this was one of my hubby's favorite books. We saw it in the fancy theater with reclining chairs, and super high tech projector and stereo sound . Then we had our friends over for game night.

I did eat too much this weekend. Not sure what to do with this. The weekends I end up not working out and then eating more. It doesn't really work to say I won't, cause I do. I keep it in bounds, but still there are more treats.We had church lunch, and friends over for dinner, and well it just works that way. t would be fine if I did workouts, but if I don't there just ins't much wiggle room

Week 3 wrap up;

Started my rings workout and love it.

Mornings going Ok, not as great as I'd like , but pretty close. 

Um, I've forgotten what my goals were again. Let me look it up 

Shuri is creative. She uses her intelligence and creativity in the lab

I will use it in scrapbooking and  home remodeling

Yes,   i did pretty good. I finished  my home remodel goal, which was to put my husband's and my memorabilia in  phot boxes. I didn't quite meet my scrapbook goal of 4 pages, but I did 3 pages

Shuri manages her time well; Manage my mornings

I get an A- on this

Shuri enjoys life:

Yes,  there was lots that brought me joy this week. Friends, a good movie, reading my Bible, good walks, ring play, no jury duty!

• Like 6

Did a bunch of video's from GMB.

Here is my training log copied and pasted

Overall thoughts:
Really tough. I’m a bit frustrated with how few reps I can do. Last year, I felt like I could do so much more. As I said last week, I think it is because now I am paying more attention to form. So, trying not to be frustrated, and give myself time. And I got to work out outside!! I love being outside playing on the rings.

Reverse rows; 6/5/5/5/4 challenging, I struggled with being able to pull myself up all the way. I worked on remembering the pulling prep and keeping my elbows in

assisted pull up: 6/6/6 These are the one that I feel are so much harder than last year.

reverse pull ups 7/5/5/4 I notice I have a tendency to pull my rings in, so I worked on keeping them straight, but maybe it’s ok to bring them in some?

jump to inverted hang: I was nervous about these. I loved them last year, but I haven’t done them since fall, and the jump to upside down first time made me nervous. I started about shoulder high. Figured out I still enjoy them.They make me feel like a little kid playing on the monkey bars. I raised them up about head high, but it felt like my shoulder was overstretching, so I lowered them. Last year, I did German hangs stretches, I think I need to add those back into my warm up

and videos

• Like 7

17 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

assisted pull up: 6/6/6 These are the one that I feel are so much harder than last year.

Girl!    Pull ups have to be the hardest exercise of all to maintain!    Months to get them, and a single week to lose them.   My pull up journey is constantly a super high rollercoaster with crazy dips, then climbs, then dips... it's so nuts.     I'm in the SAME boat.    I had gotten up to doing 7 real ones in a row, and now I can do 10 assisted, barely.    I think it's just part of their nature.     We just have to not let them beat us! :)

• Like 4

Level 83 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100

I like how you’re standing there, standing there, standing there and all of a sudden whoomp you’re upside down. It was like a magic trick. You should do it for guests while Mr. I gets coffee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

19 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Girl!    Pull ups have to be the hardest exercise of all to maintain!    Months to get them, and a single week to lose them.   My pull up journey is constantly a super high rollercoaster with crazy dips, then climbs, then dips... it's so nuts.     I'm in the SAME boat.    I had gotten up to doing 7 real ones in a row, and now I can do 10 assisted, barely.    I think it's just part of their nature.     We just have to not let them beat us! :)

I thought since I was doing regular pull ups, that I would still be able to do ring pull ups, but apparently not.

Wow, at one point you were able to do 7?! So impressed.

19 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I like how you’re standing there, standing there, standing there and all of a sudden whoomp you’re upside down. It was like a magic trick. You should do it for guests while Mr. I gets coffee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will keep that in mind.:lol:

28 minutes ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Wow, those pull ups! and as Mr. Sloth said, whoomp and then you're upside down :D in the last video!

Great going EG. You're my hero as usual.

Thanks!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PrincessMononoke said:

Very nice!! And I love your pant choiceemoji6.pngemoji171.png

;) Thanks. I still love them. They are the ones I wear most often, because they are the  comfiest.

• Like 1

RI keep forgetting to talk about my Instant Pot. I just bought it last week and I love it. I was able to cook whole beets in it in just a few minutes.  Yesterday, I made hamgurger soup. The nice thing about it compared to a crock pot is that you can saute the meat right in the pot, then dump the veggies in and cook. I don't know if it was a lot quicker then on the stove, because while it only takes a few minutes to pressure quick, it took a while to get up to temperature to do the pressure cooking. However, on the stove, I always feel like soup needs so much baby sitting to keep it at the right simmer. First I turn it up to high, then it goes too low, and I am always fussing with it. The pressure cooker just does its' thing, and I don't have to mess with it, Tagging @Chris-Tien Jinn so that you know you must go out and buy one immediately!;)

Had a good evening . Made hamburger soup, and my sis and my nieces came over and we taught them to play Hogwarts, and we defeated the villains. My son was there too, and we had a very nice time. And I remembered to offer my sister coffee. I did not however entertain them by hanging upside down on the rings. 

@Sloth the Enduring

And a good morning today , Did all the things, and went for a short walk.

This is my training log copied from GMB:

Rings 1Week 1 day 3 (though actual workout was day 1 since I swapped them)

I tried to use the cue Jeff gave me of squeezing an egg in my armpits to help me keep my elbows close to my side.

I listen to podcasts when I workout. On the podcast I listened to today, the gal talked about how she did yoga and thought it was easy, and then she started being more mindful and actually tried to move her body with purpose and it became harder. That made me think of why it is harder this year than last. I am much more aware of my body, and how it is moving, and that is a good thing.

I didn’t film it. I was short on time, and didn’t really have time to mess with how to set up the camera angle.

warm up

Top position ( toes on ground) 20 sec x 5 60 sec rest between sets
assisted dips (toes on ground) 7/8/8/8/7 2 minutes rest between sets
knee push ups 8/6/6/6 2 min. rest between sets
plank holds 20 sec x 4 60 second rest
mountain climbers 5 x 4 60 second rest- I could have used longer rests but I was running out of time

stretches
FF- downward dog calf stretch, shoulder stretch

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Welcome to the InstaPot Mafia!

I'm telling you, I am a total convert. I love that baby.

• Like 1

Oooh, what do you put in hamburger soup?

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

5 hours ago, annyshay said:

Beets recipe plz?

https://nomnompaleo.com/2017/04/24/201704242017042420170424instant-pot-beets

1 hour ago, NeverThatBored said:

Oooh, what do you put in hamburger soup?

I sautéed some hamburger, adding in some onions and red pepper, and a bit of tomato paste. For seasoning I used  a steak rub spice. Then I added some diced carrots, potatoes , and broth. At the very end, I stirred in some of the premade cabbage slaw. Oh, and a can of diced fire roasted tomatoes. And a splash of Worchestshire sauce. I've also used spinach instead

• Like 3

Good day today. My friend has some compost delivered to her house, and said we could have some, so we went and picked it up.Now there is pretty compost on the veggie bed and flower bed, and some in the backyard in a pile for me to do something with at a later date. And I find it nice to be in good enough shape to spend the morning shoveling.

Then in the evening, We went and judged at a debate tournatment, and then went out to Mexican with friends. I tried to be adventuresome and ordered pork belly, but I didn't really like it. Enjoyed the time with friends though.

Hubby and I are going away for a long weekend just the two of us. If the weather isn't too bad, we hope to get some geocaching in. 

• Like 8