Raxie Dances on the Graves of Her Enemies

Raxie

lTE0QGg.gif  

(yeah I know that title sounds real intense and then it's just a cartoon hahah - bait and switch!)

Background:

For those just joining - I'm Raxie! This will be my 33rd challenge here.  I recently got really into ballroom dancing and have been focusing a lot on that, but my other love is lifting.  I have three kitties that I love dearly and I have a severe case of RangerBrain(TM).

So! I really love how I set up my last challenge where I went hard on the goals, but also gave myself a lot of cushion to fall back on if I needed it.  I ended up really needing that cushion in the last week, and that's fine! I passed, and I had a high bar that was quite ambitious that inspired me throughout the challenge.  This challenge I am going to do kind of the opposite.  I am going to set up some really rigid rules that are simple and not too ambitious... but I'm not going to give myself much leeway in terms of a grab bag of freebies. I find jumping back and forth between these two approaches has really helped me up my game slowly over time and I love it!

Part of my problem with a lot of my goals in the past is I have an x times/week goal and I'll push it off and try to squish it all in towards the end of the week, but then it's the weekend and then I either don't do it or rush it.  This time around I'm going to assign specific tasks to specific weekdays.  If I don't do them, I can't "make them up" later.  I just didn't do it, move on and I will do the task for the next week day. AND THAT'S OKAY.

My inspiration for this challenge is Rick and Morty's Get Schwifty song -- two of the most inappropriate non-musically talented people on the planet went for it and created a song that won an intergalactic song contest, saving the earth from certain doom.  If they can do that... my sometimes uncoordinated self can certainly go out on a limb and do The Scary Thing that is different dance styles and start competing in the future! 

(OK so that's a stretch - real talk I actually I don't have a theme that relates to my goals for this challenge and just wanted to throw some Rick and Morty gifs around because I love that show.)

tenor.gif

Big Picture Stuffs:

• I will be dancing.  A lot.  My goal is to do a non-group competition before the end of the year.  That may be under ambitious but knowing me and my imposter syndrome that line in the sand needs to at least be drawn somewhere. As long as that line is there I could be convinced to move it to sooner, but I want to have it far enough away for now that I don't feel like I need to push it back if that makes sense.  I want to focus on Foxtrot, Jive and a yet-to-be-determined Latin dance (I'm thinking maybe Rumba because it's so darn pretty). 
  • I will also continue to lift because I love it so.  I re-started the beginner Strong Lifts progression for my OHP and Rows last challenge since I've been not doing them, the other lifts (DLs, Squats, Bench) I'm in intermediate Strong Lifts, but I'm shopping around for a more progressive intermediate program that I'll probably move on to either this challenge or the next. 
  • ROMWOD has become my backbone throughout the last two challenges and I will keep on keepin' on with that as well.
  • Cleaning.  Ugh.  My eternal enemy. I feel like I would be the perfect adult and have my life together SO HARD if I could just keep my freakin' place clean! Why won't it just stay clean?! I am going to go full Fly Lady this challenge in terms of daily tasks so I have more of a direction in my cleaning, since last challenge I feel like I cleaned every day but nothing really... got done.
  • Food.  I've been eating kind of boarderline bad lately.  I was away a bunch last week and am feeling I need to be more accountable about it, so I'm thinking I will report every day what I eat.  No calorie counting, no paleo-compliance, I've just got to say here what I ate. That's it. The accountability will inspire me more than trying to meet macros and probably forcing "compliance" upon something that I know I'm just trying to game a system with.

Goals:

Under the spoiler is my "skeleton schedule" that is my baseline.  Each Monday I will post a slightly altered schedule based on travel or volunteer meetings I may have to skip stuff for (I'm traveling almost every weekend this challenge so that will probably be the biggest struggle for sure).

Spoiler

Monday:

• West Coast Swing Class
  • Fly Lady Monday Task
  • ROMWOD

Tuesday:

• Latin Jazz Class
  • Fly Lady Tuesday Task
  • ROMWOD
  • Meditate

Wednesday:

• Rumba/Foxtrot Class (may be substituted for a Waltz/Rumba class on Mondays depending on my schedule that week)
  • Fly Lady Wednesday Task
  • ROMWOD

Thursday:

• Private Dance Lesson
  • Fly Lady Thursday Task
  • ROMWOD
  • Meditate

Friday:

• Fly Lady Friday Task
  • ROMWOD Warrior
  • Lift

Saturday:

• Salsa Class
  • Meditate

Sunday:

• Fly Lady "Home Blessing"
  • Waltz Class
  • Lift

Grading:

Points for each week will be out of 14 - basically each day I did the things I said I'd do I get a point, and each day I report what I ate I get a point for a total of 2 possible points a day.  At the end of the challenge I need to have accumulated at least 55 points out of a possible 70 to pass! I'll be starting now, in week zero.

Let's do this thing!

giphy.gif

• Like 9

First!!

And the goals look great. I’m glad that you’re still rocking all the dance stuff and that it makes you happy to shake yo tail feather ;)

Wolf

"Maximum Effort!"

Wild Wolf- LEVEL 2 (but probably more like lvl 50 if I didn't respawn so much)

Class: Howler/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 192#

Stats: MIGHT: 12 / CONSTITUTION: 9 / DEXTERITY: 11 / PERCEPTION: 10 / INTELLECT: 9 / RESOLVE: 13

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Omnis Vir Lupus

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Unchained Predator Saga: 1

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

HERE FOR THIIIIS <333

( also more cute cat pictures maybe~ )

I still just love that you discovered dancing and have fallen in love with it and are becoming such a badass!!

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

» visit me @ my BATTLE LOG~

Along for the ride, of course!

Dancing question for you: I was watching some video of a competition a while back, and it was a whole bunch of couples going all together at once. As I was watching I was like 'How do they not run into each other??', and then two couples totally ran right into each other (it was the men who collided, and I don't think either realized the other was there but the one guy laid down a pretty good body check). So, how do you not run into one another while still sticking to your routine, and when you do run into one another, what happens? Do you lose points, or whatever (I'm going on the assumption that scorning works somewhat like figure skating, but maybe it doesn't?) if some other couple just body checks you and knocks you off your rhythm, or do they lose points for doing the body checking, or.....?

Dare mighty things

Current Challenge

Hello fearless leader!  

I also do stronglifts and stuff (and stuggle with adulting in terms of the cleaning) so I'm here along for the ride.

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

4 hours ago, Wolfpool said:

First!!

And the goals look great. I’m glad that you’re still rocking all the dance stuff and that it makes you happy to shake yo tail feather ;)

Wolf

"Maximum Effort!"

Never stop the tail feather shakin'!

i7R9aeE.gif

4 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Following!

Yay glad to have you here!

4 hours ago, shaar said:

HERE FOR THIIIIS <333

( also more cute cat pictures maybe~ )

I still just love that you discovered dancing and have fallen in love with it and are becoming such a badass!!

There will be cat pictures! Don't you worry!

Badass is a *strong* word for the flailing I am currently doing but I do feel like it's a reachable goal hahah

3 hours ago, obax said:

Along for the ride, of course!

Dancing question for you: I was watching some video of a competition a while back, and it was a whole bunch of couples going all together at once. As I was watching I was like 'How do they not run into each other??', and then two couples totally ran right into each other (it was the men who collided, and I don't think either realized the other was there but the one guy laid down a pretty good body check). So, how do you not run into one another while still sticking to your routine, and when you do run into one another, what happens? Do you lose points, or whatever (I'm going on the assumption that scorning works somewhat like figure skating, but maybe it doesn't?) if some other couple just body checks you and knocks you off your rhythm, or do they lose points for doing the body checking, or.....?

So there's two kinds of competing - showcases and heats.  In showcases it's JUST you (and your partner) and the heats are what you're talking about.  I've never done either, but I've watched some friends do heats before and as I am considering joining the competition scene, probably doing heats, I am very stressed about that running into people as well.  Basically your routine has to be kind of fluid enough to adjust if someone is coming or gets in your way.  Typically since the follower is moving backwards it's the leaders job to watch out for these things, and lead the dance in a different direction possibly by doing a different step or combination than was originally planned in the choreography, and they have to be a strong enough leader and do it correctly so that the follower can pick up on this and go with it.  Otherwise, yes collisions happen.  If it's clearly someone's fault it counts against them, but sometimes the judges don't see (there's A LOT going on on the dance floor during heats).  But it's all part of it, if you do get ran into and it's not your fault you should still be able to pick right back up with maybe different moves than you planned but it shouldn't make a huge difference - basically long story short is you can't be super tied to your choreography, and as a follower you have to be REALLY sensitive to any cues that you're receiving from your leader that you're now something different from your choreography.

Showcases are way less stressful in terms of collision potential and improve needs but everyone is only looking at you and I actually think that's more stressful than potential collisions so I'll probably stay away from that type of competition haha.

3 hours ago, Xena said:

Looks good! Good luck going full flylady!

Thanks! I'm definitely not doing *real* full fly lady, just her 15 minute targeted tasks each day. 

3 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Hooray for more dancing!

Woot!

1 hour ago, Stribs said:

Hello fearless leader!  

I also do stronglifts and stuff (and stuggle with adulting in terms of the cleaning) so I'm here along for the ride.

giphy.gif

Thanks for joining! Cleaning is so hardddd we must beat the floordrobe/dish/clutter demon!

• Like 3

Week Zero - Tuesday

giphy.gif

Since I wasn't quite sure if I'd be doing the Fly Lady thing or not until I posted this today, I'm not holding myself to that part of the challenge this week. Here's my schedule for the week:

Monday: West Coast Swing Class ☑, ROMWOD  ☑, Report Food  ☑

Tuesday: Latin Jazz Class  ☑, Report Food  ☑

Wednesday: Rumba/Foxtrot Class ☐, Open Floor Dance Practice ☐, Fly Lady Wednesday Task ☐,  Meditate ☐, ROMWOD ☐, Lift ☐, Report Food  ☐

Thursday: Private Dance Lesson ☐, Fly Lady Thursday Task ☐, ROMWOD ☐, Report Food  ☐

Friday: Fly Lady Friday Task ☐, ROMWOD Warrior ☐, Meditate ☐, Lift ☐, Report Food  ☐

Saturday: MY FIRST DANCE PERFORMANCE!!! Then going to DC for the night for Shamrock Fest. No tasks today except for: ROMWOD ☐, Report Food  ☐

Sunday: Fly Lady "Home Blessing" ☐, Meditate ☐, Report Food  ☐

As you can see, Saturday I'll be performing with my Waltz Performance Group Team in a real live dance performance thingy for the first time ever! It's part of a team match (one studio vs the other) competition, but the group numbers aren't really being competing against something else so it's more of an intermission/performance in between other people doing showcases and heats.  Still super pumped! Also excited to spend some time down with friends at a music festival in DC Saturday night.

Latin Jazz tonight was AMAZING! We did jive, and it was hard as heck, and I flailed like an idiot, but I did The Thing and I had fun and I loved it and it's such a great judgement free zone. 

My plan to report all my food here has already done it's job.  There was a mix up with what food was left for dinner and prepped for lunch and stuff with Mr. Raxie and I basically didn't have any thing to eat when I got back, and also didn't have time to cook.  I was going to get pizza from next door but decided I didn't want to have to report that I got pizza.  So instead, since I honestly wasn't very hungry anyway, I ate a hummus sandwich with hummus, sriracha, and veggies on a whole wheat bun. Definitely not ideal but also not pizza.  This reporting thing may be just what I needed. So here's my food report thus far this week:

Monday Lunch: Vegetarian Dairy Free Burrito

Monday Dinner: Grilled Salmon in green romesco sauce with an apple radish salad

Tuesday Lunch: Homemade chickpea green chile veggie burger on a whole wheat bun with red pepper hummus and a side salad

Tuesday Dinner: Hummus veggie sandwich

I haven't really been eating breakfast which I'm fine with for now, but as I start lifting more I'm sure that's going to have to change as the hanger is sure to set in.

I've earned 2 points each Monday and Tuesday for completing all my tasks and reporting all my food for a total of 4/14 points for Week Zero so far.

• Like 6

Have you seen the Rick and Morty Copypasta that goes around Reddit?

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Rick’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 

And, following.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

11 hours ago, Raxie said:

total of 4/14 points

Way to start strong!  Keep it up!

Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

Performance this weekend! So exciting! 

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

11 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Have you seen the Rick and Morty Copypasta that goes around Reddit?

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Rick’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them. 

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 

And, following.

HAHAHAHAH

Wow.  Some days I regret that I don't ever do the Reddit thing.  Today is one of them.  Also I mean, to be fair, there's some SERIOUS DEEP STUFF going on on that show. Like, for example:

giphy.gif

Ok uh wait, lemme try that again...

original.gif

...I rest my case. XD

1 hour ago, Cheetah said:

Way to start strong!  Keep it up!

Thank you!

44 minutes ago, raptron said:

Performance this weekend! So exciting! 

Ahhhh I'm so pumped! And my outfit just came in the mail yesterday squeeee!!!

• Like 1

Week Zero - Wednesday

giphy.gif

Feeling some kinda butter robot way today (see above gif).  Work has been really stressful and unfulfilling for me lately.  Long story short I had a really exciting project I was working on and it was going places and going to actually DO THINGS and potentially make a difference in the actual real world, and it basically just got cancelled and I'm kind of having a "what the heck am I even doing?!" moment.  Sigh. I'm really glad I have dance and my volunteer stuff that make me feel sated in my life for now.  But I really need to get something exciting going again at work - hopefully this happens soon.

Today's the first "real" day of this challenge for me, as it's the first full day that I will be working towards a previously determined set of things for points.  Here's what's on my plate for the day:

• Fly Lady Task: Wipe down the base around the toilets, and spend 5 minutes putting things away on the kitchen table that have a home but just got thrown there.
  • Rumba/Waltz Class
  • Open Floor Dance Practice - my performance group is getting together for some last minute practice on our own before our final rehearsal with the instructor tomorrow ahhhh! *nerves begin to set in*
  • I didn't wake up early enough to ROMWOD this morning so I will do that before dance when I get home from work
  • Meditate
  • Lift (after dance)

I took tomorrow off work because we have some people coming to visit tomorrow night and I want to prep for that (ie my house is a disaster and I need to clean like a maniac)

So far today I've eaten a Clif bar for breakfast, and for lunch I made black bean cauliflower chilaquiles with red diablo sauce and cabbage/carrot/jalapeno slaw.  Dinner will be honey walnut tempura shrimp with broccoli.

• Like 5
13 hours ago, Raxie said:

As you can see, Saturday I'll be performing with my Waltz Performance Group Team in a real live dance performance thingy for the first time ever! It's part of a team match (one studio vs the other) competition, but the group numbers aren't really being competing against something else so it's more of an intermission/performance in between other people doing showcases and heats.  Still super pumped! Also excited to spend some time down with friends at a music festival in DC Saturday night.

THIS IS SO EXCITIIINNGGGG!!!!!!!!!

Oh man I always wanted to go to Shamrock Fest when I lived up that way but was also always intimidated by how large of a celebration it was and all the peeeoopplee.... 

11 minutes ago, Raxie said:

Work has been really stressful and unfulfilling for me lately.  Long story short I had a really exciting project I was working on and it was going places and going to actually DO THINGS and potentially make a difference in the actual real world, and it basically just got cancelled and I'm kind of having a "what the heck am I even doing?!" moment.  Sigh. I'm really glad I have dance and my volunteer stuff that make me feel sated in my life for now.  But I really need to get something exciting going again at work - hopefully this happens soon.

Booooooo.  Boy do I know this feel. ;______;  That sucks your project got cancelled, it was clearly very meaningful!! <3  Our hobbies really do keep us going sometimes, huh...

• Like 1

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...

You're in NOVA?  I grew up there.  Was also happy to leave, ha.  Sorry about your project!!  It sucks when something you're excited about gets cancelled!  Enjoy your day off cleaning! (if you can)

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Human Bard: CON 2, WIS 5, INT 1, CHA 2

Current Challenge: Nova Levels Up (and maybe doesn't abandon a challenge...)

On 3/13/2018 at 5:06 PM, Raxie said:

This time around I'm going to assign specific tasks to specific weekdays.  If I don't do them, I can't "make them up" later.  I just didn't do it, move on and I will do the task for the next week day. AND THAT'S OKAY.

I really really love this.  And might steal it!   I need to work on this too!

Also, I'm one of those weird ones that doesn't get into Rick and Morty, but can appreciate other people making the jokes and comments about the show, lol.    -DKP for me on this one.  Ah well.

Everything looks solid Raxie!  Excited to follow along.

Level 75.5 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 12:46 PM, shaar said:

THIS IS SO EXCITIIINNGGGG!!!!!!!!!

Oh man I always wanted to go to Shamrock Fest when I lived up that way but was also always intimidated by how large of a celebration it was and all the peeeoopplee.... 

Last year I went with the same group of friends and Drop Kick was playing -- it was MOBBED and totally insane and I had a great time but honestly wasn't sure if I wanted to go back.  This year the bands were way lower profile and it was actually quite manageable and tons of fun, I'll probably keep going back :)

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 12:46 PM, shaar said:

Booooooo.  Boy do I know this feel. ;______;  That sucks your project got cancelled, it was clearly very meaningful!! <3  Our hobbies really do keep us going sometimes, huh...

It especially sucks because a lot of projects here you get passed by someone else who has already started it, or the project may have been already going on for years, but this one I have actually formed and planned and been in charge of since it started so it's like my baby.  -sigh- just gotta keep moving forward...

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 4:41 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Sorry your project got canceled. May those responsible step in a puddle every time they put on fresh socks for a week. 

Wow that's a pretty perfect punishment.  I'll have to threaten people with that in the future... hahah

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 9:45 PM, Stribs said:

You're in NOVA?  I grew up there.  Was also happy to leave, ha.  Sorry about your project!!  It sucks when something you're excited about gets cancelled!  Enjoy your day off cleaning! (if you can)

I'm actually in the NYC metro area of NJ - but I spend a lottttt of time in DC though for my job, volunteer group, and somehow social things end up happening down there a lot too for me.

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 12:20 PM, Starpuck said:

I really really love this.  And might steal it!   I need to work on this too!

Also, I'm one of those weird ones that doesn't get into Rick and Morty, but can appreciate other people making the jokes and comments about the show, lol.    -DKP for me on this one.  Ah well.

Everything looks solid Raxie!  Excited to follow along.

Eh, it's not that weird.  I actually really didn't like it the first time I watched it and then went back and tried again and somehow instantly fell for it?  I know a lot of people who don't like it, and as someone who doesn't seem to like a lot of stuff other people love (i.e. Ready Player One) I can't talk hahah

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 5:50 PM, Xena said:

I love the "butter robot" cartoon, but sorry you're feeling that way at the moment. Any chance your job could improve?

I'll definitely get another program to work, but I'm not sure I'll be as excited about it as I was about this one.  I'm sure in a few years something just as cool will come along again but it's definitely one of those things that only happens on occasion.

• Like 2

Week Zero Thursday-Sunday

giphy.gif\

group dance power activated!

Wow this weekend totally kicked my butt! Thursday night Mr. Raxie and I had friends over to go check out a local event at a museum where they have food and drinks and dancing and you can interact with all the kids exhibits at night with a bunch of adults - it was pretty cool honestly.  We did this Star Trek training thing and had tons of fun.  I'm also glad there are so many adults who have no shame about playing with all the kids science exhibits hahaha.  After that I went to my private lesson where we worked on Foxtrot which made me so happy since I miss Foxtrot A LOT.  The intermediate Foxtrot group class was switched out for intermediate Waltz and I've been hankering for some Foxtrot so it made me really happy.  I lifted both days I was supposed to last week but I went really light because I was afraid to be sore for my performance Saturday. 

SPEAKING OF THE PERFORMANCE SATURDAY --- omg it went so well!!!! We all totally killed it and had so much fun.  It's crazy what a supportive environment it was, I honestly wasn't nervous at all but even if I was I'm sure I would have been calmed by all the support and good people.  I got to stay and watch a few of the other people from my studio do heats which was super fun, everyone did amazing.  I'll post some pictures soon!

Then I left to go meet up with Mr. Raxie and friends at Shamrock Fest!  I made it just in time to see the band I wanted to see (Sum 41 - I know, I know... superrrrr throw back). This is also an event that is very focused on drinking, but I only had 2 drinks the whole day/night which I am really happy about.  I stayed up super late at the Air B&B catching up with friends, and got about 2 hours of sleep so adding a hangover to that would have been just awful.  I did not do the Fly Lady Home Blessing because we got home around 5pm Sundeay and I was just so darn tired I ate a quick dinner (of pizza... which my tummy is regretting this morning) and went to bed by 730pm.  Oh well, I had done a big apartment clean before having people over Thursday any way so I'm not too concerned about it.

I will say I made AWFUL food choices from Thursday on last week.  I didn't have time to cook with all the stuff going on, and kept eating out since I either wasn't home or was with visiting friends.  But I will report the food here any way!

Wednesday Dinner: Honey walnut tempura shrimp and broccoli

Thursday Lunch: Smoothie and leftover black bean cauliflower diablo chilaquiles with cabbage/carrot/jalapeno slaw

*Thursday Dinner: Lobster Avocado Roll & Side Salad

*Friday Lunch: Buffalo shrimp sandwich* (here's about where I gave up trying to be healthy for the week)

*Friday Dinner: Tuna salad sandwich

*Saturday Lunch: Spinach Artichoke grilled cheese (yeah... not even trying)

*Saturday Dinner: Turkey avocado burger and fries

*Sunday Lunch: Zucchini mushroom tomato swiss omelet

*Sunday Dinner: Pizza

*Ate out

So yeah, I guess now that I've got it all down there it doesn't look as bad as I thought aside from that grilled cheese and the pizza.  And also the French fries. And I guess the buffalo-stype shrimp sandwich  I need to work on making better decisions eating out.  When I cook for myself everything is golden but once I'm out and about it's so tough for me.  I usually don't end up going out for 4 days in a row though so typically I don't mind not eating super healthy while eating out but when it's a half-week thing I've got to try to be better to myself.  My tummy really hurts today. This week I will do better.

Week Zero Final Tally: 13/14 possible points earned!

Details:

Spoiler

Monday: West Coast Swing Class ☑, ROMWOD  ☑, Report Food  ☑

Tuesday: Latin Jazz Class  ☑, Report Food  ☑

Wednesday: Rumba/Foxtrot Class ☑, Open Floor Dance Practice ☑, Fly Lady Wednesday Task ☑,  Meditate ☑, ROMWOD ☑, Lift ☑, Report Food  ☑

Thursday: Private Dance Lesson ☑, Fly Lady Thursday Task ☑, ROMWOD ☑, Report Food  ☑

Friday: Fly Lady Friday Task ☑, ROMWOD Warrior ☑, Meditate ☑, Lift ☑, Report Food  ☑

Saturday: MY FIRST DANCE PERFORMANCE!!! Then going to DC for the night for Shamrock Fest. No tasks today except for: ROMWOD ☑, Report Food  ☑

Sunday: Fly Lady "Home Blessing" ⬛, Meditate ☑, Report Food  ☑

• Like 3

It sounds like you had a great and fun filled weekend despite the food snafus!!!  I'm so glad your performance went well and OH MAN I WOULDA BEEN RIGHT THERE WITH YOU AT SUM 41 OKAY NO SHAME

1 hour ago, shaar said:

It sounds like you had a great and fun filled weekend despite the food snafus!!!  I'm so glad your performance went well and OH MAN I WOULDA BEEN RIGHT THERE WITH YOU AT SUM 41 OKAY NO SHAME

THEY WERE SO GOOD I SANG EVERY WORD OF FAT LIP AND JUMPED UP AND DOWN LIKE IT WAS 2001

1 hour ago, TGP said:

well you had an awesome weekend then!

wtg!

there's something way cool about dancing that way.  though I don't doubt it has a competitive side.

It DEFINITELY has it's competitive side.  Technically we were in a competition but it was so chill and just between a few studios that it didn't feel that way.  I have yet to participate in a *real* competition, and when I do I'm sure I'll feel differently and way less chill.

• Like 3