So, this is me.  Lightning.

tumblr_mr2rycpbcN1qhjcgto6_250.gif

I'm back from a long journey that was full of arduous boss battles, too many enemies, and too many loves lost.  I've learned a lot along the way, despite making some of the same old mistakes again. But, I've already spent enough time licking my wounds and enjoying a pity party for one. Lightning is known for trying to do it all on her own and she is (I am) still learning to ask for help.

Now I need the help of a doctor because there is still some healing that needs to happen.  But, I'm LIghtning and that means a little bad-assery also needs to take place. Good thing this doctor makes house calls.

2ezf7vbam8sx.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The illustrious and nerdy-sexy Doctor Strange is going to help me get back into Boss Battle shape.

I'm going to follow him into Kamar-Taj and emerge from this challenge stronger in both mind and body.

tumblr_static_79p73y615r8k40kk88kkcggs8.

Discipline

Tracking my food with MFP every day. 

I need to reestablish this habit before I can even think about dieting.

also

5 Servings of Fruit and Vegetables a Day.

Battle Ready

Bodyweight exercises 3x / wk

Following the Startbodyweight program because I enjoy the progressions.

Meditation

Any type of positive mental exercise 5x / wk

meditation, journaling, or the Superhappy App

latest?cb=20161106215205

• Like 6

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

"Nothing is true; everything is permitted"

yayyyyyyyyyyy

A6Y1m.gif

so awesome to have you back!!

Doctor sounds perfect for a healing comeback, well chosen :)

Let me know if you want any help with meditation. If you tell me a bit which vibration you'd like to build through it or what you'd like to let go off, I could record you a tailored one - if you'd like. Just pm me, if you'd like that and tell me how long it could be. 

If you're already settled with your apps, then don't bother

Sooooooo happy to have you here again :love_heart:

• Like 2

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

Getting back at it! Welcome back. :)

• Like 2

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

22 hours ago, tei_ said:

The startbodyweight routine looks thorough but simple— great goals! Do you have any particular skills you’re aiming for?

Thanks! I don't have any short term goals for the program but, I'd like to get back to doing chin-ups and diamond push-ups. The progressions make it more fun for me.

22 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Awesome challenge!

15 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Woot! Woot! Good to see you again :loyal:

13 hours ago, annyshay said:

I believe I was paged? ;)

Ah, another Doctor got here first? Well good, I'll just cheer you on then!

Thanks all!

13 hours ago, lucky fire dragon said:

yayyyyyyyyyyy

A6Y1m.gif

so awesome to have you back!!

Doctor sounds perfect for a healing comeback, well chosen :)

Let me know if you want any help with meditation. If you tell me a bit which vibration you'd like to build through it or what you'd like to let go off, I could record you a tailored one - if you'd like. Just pm me, if you'd like that and tell me how long it could be. 

If you're already settled with your apps, then don't bother

Sooooooo happy to have you here again :love_heart:

Yes please!  I will think about it a bit then pm you.  Thank you so much! 

8 hours ago, raptron said:

Getting back at it! Welcome back. :)

Thank you!  

• Like 3

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

Good News!  I got a promotion at work!  It's more $ per hour but fewer hours which is exactly what I needed. And it's the role I wanted ever since I went back to work. I'll be working in the Children's area of the library doing programs, storytimes, and just helping maintain the library's collection.  I'm super stoked!

We celebrated Pi day at work with 4, yes 4 pies. I didn't have any because they l had gluten. I'm getting much better at staying away from gluten but sugar still calls to me.

tenor.gif?itemid=9362849

While I'm not officially starting my challenge yet I did track my food, eat my vegetables and do a little journaling. I will try to get in a workout tomorrow after my doctor appointment and before going to work. I'm just shaking off the DOMS from Sunday's workout!

• Like 4

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

Congratulations that is so awesome!!! You will be brilliant there [emoji847]

• Like 2

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

11 hours ago, Lightning said:

Good News!  I got a promotion at work!  It's more $ per hour but fewer hours which is exactly what I needed. And it's the role I wanted ever since I went back to work. I'll be working in the Children's area of the library doing programs, storytimes, and just helping maintain the library's collection.  I'm super stoked!

Congratulations! That is wonderful! I hope you enjoy it very much :love_heart:

• Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

Oooh, that's so great! Congrats! 

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

I've only been doing my body weight program for a couple of weeks, but I'm getting my strength back pretty quickly.  

Beg. Shrimp Squat 5 x3

Wide Pushups 8 x3

Elevated Rev. Rows 5 x3

Plank 60sec / Side Planks 40sec x2

Diamond Pike Pushups 6 x3

Wall Squats (more for realigning my back than a leg exercise) 

• Like 3

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

Really not much to update. I enjoyed a little time journaling this week and spent a few minutes in the sun. I've been eating vegetables and completed my workouts, but I haven't tracked food for a couple of days. I'm fine with that since it's week zero. Probably should have kept up with the tracking since it's my weak point. I think I wanted to give myself a couple of cheT days before starting the challenge.

We have had a LOT of junk food at work this week. We had our monthly birthday party, PI day and St. Patrick's day.  I stayed away from 90% of it. My real struggle is once I get home.  Hoping that fewer hours at work and more time to make healthy snacks will help.  Night snacking has always been my nemesis. 

Ready for that New Challenge euphoria to kick in!

tenor.gif

• Like 3

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

On 3/18/2018 at 2:25 AM, Lightning said:

I stayed away from 90% of it.

That's impressive!

I found that most of my night time snacking happens if I stay up past my bedtime. That is when I am becoming hungry and want to quickly have something before going to bed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

That's impressive!

I found that most of my night time snacking happens if I stay up past my bedtime. That is when I am becoming hungry and want to quickly have something before going to bed.

My job is what re-triggered the issue.  I usually work until 9pm and am hungry when I get home.  I also tend to treat myself after a long day of work.  My new, shorter work schedule may help with this.  I'll still work until 9 but, I won't be coming home hungry or nearly as tired.

• Like 2

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

Body Weight Workout (starting point)

Warm-up 5 minutes on bike then doing the exercises as Super Sets with a burst of cardio between sets.

Beginner Shrimp Squats 5/5/5 (left side is a struggle and these are not smooth)

Tricep Push Ups 4/3/3 (just tried these for the first time in months)

3 min on the bike

Elevated Reverse Rows 6/6/6

Wall Sit 45sec x3 (I do these to align my back and hips more than workout my legs)

3 min on the bike

Elevated Pike Push Ups 5/5/5(trying to do these slowly)

Planks 60sec full & 35sec each side (right side is weak)

3 min on the bike

Ready for Day 1...

c18860a76afcdda62d47406971f86a59.gif

• Like 3

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge

23 hours ago, Lightning said:

My job is what re-triggered the issue.  I usually work until 9pm and am hungry when I get home.  I also tend to treat myself after a long day of work.  My new, shorter work schedule may help with this.  I'll still work until 9 but, I won't be coming home hungry or nearly as tired.

That might make a big difference. I had lost some weight so nicely over January and February and now I slowly but surely gained again :o not knowing what might be the trigger... this morning I realized that my supper times have moved later again and I am eating more at night plus later whereas in January / February I ate at like 6 or 7pm at the latest.... guess everyone is built different, but I'll try now to see what happens if I cut late night suppers out consciously.

Nice, strong workouts you're doing straight away :love-struck: 

• Like 2

On 3/19/2018 at 2:02 PM, Lightning said:

Wowsers, that's late, and totally understandable why you'd be hungry! Hope the new time schedule will normalise things for you a bit. Eish.

Nice going on the workout :loyal:

• Like 1

Discipline

Tracking my food with MFP every day. 

So far so good.  Not limiting myself to any specific macros so, I'm not expecting weightloss. But, I am building a good habit.

5 Servings of Fruit and Vegetables a Day.

Having a salad every day to help with this. I'm low on groceries right now so, today's menu should be interesting. Carrots for breakfast? Sure!

Battle Ready

Bodyweight exercises 3x / wk

Completed 2 sessions so far.  My legs are jelly so I'll be sticking with the Beg. Shrimp Squats for awhile. I'd post my workout but I have to get in the shower and head to work. Just know that it was amazing. :applause:

Meditation

Any type of positive mental exercise 5x / wk

I've been bullet journaling.  It helps to make a To Do list when I'm feeling overwhelmed.  Today I'm going to try the meditation that LFD made for me!!!!

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Level 23 Assassin

Current Challenge