The Harry Potter House Cup

26 minutes ago, Grumble said:

Caught the snitch while outflying both of Slytherins Cheaters Beaters. 

hBD7D5A03

Monster lift, well done Grumble, you've repped the warriors hard there, very impressive. :applause: 

@Grumble has caught the Snitch with a 184kg 3RM deadlift! 

• Like 3

Endor, LVL 45 Half-Elf Ranger 

PR and Motivation Log | Current Battle Log 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

22 minutes ago, Endor said:

Monster lift, well done Grumble, you've repped the warriors hard there, very impressive. :applause: 

@Grumble has caught the Snitch with a 184kg 3RM deadlift! 

DelayedTautHawk-max-1mb.gif

“Then something Tookish woke up inside of him, and he wished to go and see the great mountains, and hear the pine-trees and the waterfalls, and explore the caves, and wear a sword instead of a walking-stick."

-J. R. R. Tolkien

2022 Challenges: Push, Core, SimplePooh, Timebox, NaNoWriMo

2023 Challenges: 20SOC, Travel, Battery, Song n'Dance

On 3/29/2018 at 3:52 AM, Eskcanta said:

@Mahalak you are the closest to my capability in Hufflepuff... I am after your time!  (which may well come to naught... but I'ma try!)

Ouch. I am definitely bringing up the rear in Ravenclaw - no offense, Eskcanta! I'll have to see if I can eke out a few more seconds.

giphy.gif

(No girls were harmed in the making of this video...I hope)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

*Member of 2018 Hogwarts House Cup Championship Team*

If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress. -Barack Obama

Anyone who moves on, even a little, walks like Jesus on the water. -Antonio Machado

2 hours ago, Mahalak said:

Ouch. I am definitely bringing up the rear in Ravenclaw - no offense, Eskcanta! I'll have to see if I can eke out a few more seconds.

giphy.gif

(No girls were harmed in the making of this video...I hope)

I hope so too, but what about the poor toilet seat? Please, people, think of the toilet seats.

• Haha 4

“Then something Tookish woke up inside of him, and he wished to go and see the great mountains, and hear the pine-trees and the waterfalls, and explore the caves, and wear a sword instead of a walking-stick."

-J. R. R. Tolkien

2022 Challenges: Push, Core, SimplePooh, Timebox, NaNoWriMo

2023 Challenges: 20SOC, Travel, Battery, Song n'Dance

7 hours ago, Mahalak said:

I tried a very new approach - and gained 29 seconds in my plank! Usually core work is my last thing, today I made it my first. I'm also often "listened out" by the time I get to my core work, but I gave myself something to think about/distract me. Still way behind my team (sorry!), but gained some ground.

• Like 4

*Member of 2018 Hogwarts House Cup Championship Team*

If you're walking down the right path and you're willing to keep walking, eventually you'll make progress. -Barack Obama

Anyone who moves on, even a little, walks like Jesus on the water. -Antonio Machado

25 minutes ago, Mahalak said:

I tried a very new approach - and gained 29 seconds in my plank! Usually core work is my last thing, today I made it my first. I'm also often "listened out" by the time I get to my core work, but I gave myself something to think about/distract me. Still way behind my team (sorry!), but gained some ground.

Glad I could encourage/challenge you to improve yourself!

I was already using what I could of those tricks to get where I got.  But I will be making at least one more attempt to improve my time before the week is over.

• Like 2

Level 1 NPC Assassin

Strength: 2Dexterity: 0 Stamina: 3 Constitution: 1 Wisdom: 4Charisma: 0

Current Quest  |  Previous Quest Current Stats

Weight Loss Goal: 40 of 116 lbs; 296 to 180

{progress='1e90ff'}34.5{/progress}

5 hours ago, Grumble said:

When IG stops being a complete toad, I'll submit my moving photo as evidence

Tapatalk lets you post pics and vids seemingly with no limit if that's helpful.  Or youtube.

6 hours ago, Grumble said:

can we also go ride on buckbeak? Or is it an either/or

I think what we'll do here is allow both but only the score the higher of the 2.

@OldManDawsy can you formulate this?

original.gif

• Like 3

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

On 30/03/2018 at 9:02 AM, Mr_Willes said:

We need to postpone by one day. I'm leaving on weekend with my bike tomorrow and will return somewhere  sundayevening. But other than that sounds like a plan, I'll give it another try monday!

Sounds good. I've done mine now. The hardest part was finding enough time in the day to do it :) (That, and keeping my massive head off the ground!)

I'll leave my time in escrow with @Endor

• Like 2

BAREFOOT DAWSY

Scout Commander (ret.)

15 hours ago, OldManDawsy said:

So for this week, is it burpees total, or burpees in one sitting?

Burpees total, you can do in one sitting if you want or do 15 a day.

For those of you who are more advanced, or are Crossfitters that whinged this wasn't hard enough, why not try the Open workout 12.1. Note the burpee standard, it's the top of the rep that makes this harder.

Complete as many reps as possible in 7 minutes of:

Burpees

This workout begins from a standing position. The Athlete will move from flat on the ground to touching an object with both hands that is 6 inches above their max reach. Score is total reps completed.

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

Cells are locked for week 2, @Cheetah and @Infinicca I'll give you an extra day since it was a long weekend, let me know your plank score and I'll update the sheet. Note that anyone that doesn't enter a score for any of the weeks doesn't qualify for a snitch score...

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

A mighty comeback by Ravenclaw in week 2 of the House Cup has beaten back the Nargles to put them top of the leaderboard! 

anigif_sub-buzz-30533-1474853711-2.gif?d

The current standings are as follows:

Ravenclaw = 891

Gryffindor = 774

Slytherin = 636

HufflePuff = 420

tumblr_inline_ojh0j1b87a1r31124_400.gif

belat.gif

giphy-1.gif?resize=500,220

Come on Hufflepuffs, show no mercy! 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge

23 minutes ago, Endor said:

Cells are locked for week 2, @Cheetah and @Infinicca I'll give you an extra day since it was a long weekend, let me know your plank score and I'll update the sheet. Note that anyone that doesn't enter a score for any of the weeks doesn't qualify for a snitch score...

Hey @Endor - mea culpa. I was with family in the hospital all last week and did not focus on NF at all, so no planks here.

MadMadam

Half-Fae Aspiring Adventurer/Warrior/Ranger

3 minutes ago, Infinicca said:

Hey @Endor - mea culpa. I was with family in the hospital all last week and did not focus on NF at all, so no planks here.

Oh no, sorry to hear that, hope you and the family are doing ok. If you want to sneak one in today let me know your score, also fine if you're not feeling up to it ;) 

Feb-March 2022 Challenge