• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

zeroh13

Juice Bar

17 hours ago, Schaengel said:

Also I'm a Steelers Fan

Thank goodness! I was beginning to think I was the only one out here! I was born and bred in Pittsburgh, so it is cool to see someone from Germany who has such good taste!

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Hi, I am Tonic, been here a long while ago. Got frozen in some ice and finally have defrosted. 

Sounds like there are a few of us who used to be on RF and have now come back. I used to be on and did several challenges. I am in the process of updating all my stuff on here to the current me.

My life is crazy as heck at the moment, but I know I can stay on track.

• Like 3

Note to self: Don't confuse arugala for baby kale when making smoothies. Not terrible, but nothing to repeat either!

I guess this is appropriate to post on the Juice Bar! :drunk:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Cross-posted from the weight loss forum:

I'm starting a group weight loss challenge on ourweigh.in website because most of the public ones don't look active enough for my taste. If you want to joint is free! It's based on percentage lost rather than specific amount of weight. 3 months is usually the longest I want to cut at one time. So I'm going to run the first one for 3 months.

If you look at the public groups it is labelled "The Rebellion".

If you want a direct link to the challenge you can PM me your email address. < 3

• Like 1

On 3/28/2018 at 7:10 AM, Mahalak said:

Note to self: Don't confuse arugala for baby kale when making smoothies. Not terrible, but nothing to repeat either!

I guess this is appropriate to post on the Juice Bar! :drunk:

Oh man!! My mouth made a sour face reading that!

i bet you got some nutrients you don’t get in kale !!! Hehehe

• Like 1

Question (ive posted this in 3 spots because I want your lovely brains!!)

Mr. Butternut and I are training differently every month.

In 2 weeks we’re going to do training like we’re training for a MMA fight. (We’re not for real but we’re just doing it for fun)

He’s making the workout plan, I’m doing the diet plan.

Were both fairly low carb. He does wheat & sugar but I don’t, I’m fairly paleo (accepting beer 2-3 a week and brown rice once in a while) I understand we’ll need carbs and eat lean....

But any suggestions or resources? 

I know beer may have to go away but I’m ok with it! 

Im doing lots of reading and wanted to pick some brains here :)

• Like 2

Posting here rather than my own thread because - I want opinions. 

Ok - so here's the deal. I know I lose weight when I cut carbs - but I have trouble actually doing it. I'm a carboholic. Sad but true.....

But what if.... what IF I did the opposite. I'm not sure I could go FULL ON vegan. But I feel confident that limiting my meat intake would be MUCH easier. Same with limiting *gulp* cheese - I'm willing to slowly go through all of the vegan cheese substitutes until I find something I can tolerate, if not enjoy. I see 0 reason to give up eggs (or butter - but I could switch to coconut oil).  I'm also not cutting out fish (but am aware I can't cut completely over due to mercury) - BUT - I'm noticing there is almost ALWAYS a vegetarian/vegan burger option and I can virtually always swap salmon or shrimp for pasta selections (or just have whatever cheese is on it as my protein). I'd probably want to eat poultry and beef ON OCCASION so if I'm ever stuck where there really isn't an option it doesn't make me sick - but limiting to one serving a week would NOT be that difficult.

What says the NF hivemind?

I'm about to make my shopping list so I'm totally going to do so with this in mind as I'm home this week. My travel next week is pretty limited so will be a good test.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2018 at 7:10 AM, Mahalak said:

I did this once. My son went from sharing (and loving) spinach smoothies with me, to "no, never again". 

• Like 2

On 3/31/2018 at 8:44 AM, Athaclena said:

Ok - so here's the deal. I know I lose weight when I cut carbs - but I have trouble actually doing it. I'm a carboholic. Sad but true.....

But what if.... what IF I did the opposite. I'm not sure I could go FULL ON vegan. But I feel confident that limiting my meat intake would be MUCH easier. Same with limiting *gulp* cheese - I'm willing to slowly go through all of the vegan cheese substitutes until I find something I can tolerate, if not enjoy. I see 0 reason to give up eggs (or butter - but I could switch to coconut oil).  I'm also not cutting out fish (but am aware I can't cut completely over due to mercury) - BUT - I'm noticing there is almost ALWAYS a vegetarian/vegan burger option and I can virtually always swap salmon or shrimp for pasta selections (or just have whatever cheese is on it as my protein). I'd probably want to eat poultry and beef ON OCCASION so if I'm ever stuck where there really isn't an option it doesn't make me sick - but limiting to one serving a week would NOT be that difficult.

I'm about to make my shopping list so I'm totally going to do so with this in mind as I'm home this week. My travel next week is pretty limited so will be a good test.

I would say try the vegan thing. I have noticed over the last couple of years, I am happier without the meat sometimes. If carbs are the problem, try limiting something else and maybe the carbs will start to get cut back as well when your not focusing on the meat that screams "I need a starch" and eating more veggie things. (Worth a shot).

Good luck

• Like 1

On 3/31/2018 at 9:44 AM, Athaclena said:

Vegan is a fantastic belief.

But the cons I see is more processed food.

they eat more wheat, rice, grains of all sort.

Healthy vegan bars are sometimes glorified candy bars.

in my experience when I cut low on my animal protein, I found myself hungry all the time or bloated.

I love my carbs as well.

That’s why I go short on them throughout the day so I can enjoy a bowl of pasta at the end of the day or a bowl of oatmeal with butter and brown sugar for dessert.

On the pros side of going vegan (if you are a heavy meat eater) going Vegan you may find yourself more light and less bloated from that heavy gut you may carry. Better shits too.

• Like 2

I've backed off a bit on vegan and more no red meat, more meatless meals and lowering *gulp* my cheese consumption. This is PARTLY because finding meatless protein at Aldi's is 'bout impossible. Even the vegan "burgers" have almost no protein, so I've changed tact a BIT. Processed is definitely no bueno for me. So far, my energy hasn't dropped, no bloating and no increase in reflux. I also know every "body" is different. I'm also eating a greater variety of foods - my protein sources this week have been egg, tuna, shrimp, turkey & chicken (plus my accidental Vegan protein shakes). Since I bought new jeans, hard to tell if they're actually looser or not - but they definitely haven't gotten TIGHTER since the beginning of the week. So - I'll see how I do with my travel this week and see if it really IS easier to stick to. If so - we'll see how I feel after a full month :)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Athaclena said:

I've backed off a bit on vegan and more no red meat, more meatless meals and lowering *gulp* my cheese consumption. This is PARTLY because finding meatless protein at Aldi's is 'bout impossible. Even the vegan "burgers" have almost no protein, so I've changed tact a BIT. Processed is definitely no bueno for me. So far, my energy hasn't dropped, no bloating and no increase in reflux. I also know every "body" is different. I'm also eating a greater variety of foods - my protein sources this week have been egg, tuna, shrimp, turkey & chicken (plus my accidental Vegan protein shakes). Since I bought new jeans, hard to tell if they're actually looser or not - but they definitely haven't gotten TIGHTER since the beginning of the week. So - I'll see how I do with my travel this week and see if it really IS easier to stick to. If so - we'll see how I feel after a full month :)

If you have a food processor, you can batch cook your own veggie burgers and freeze them. Then you can make sure they're packed with protein.

I'm guessing that the ones at Aldi's have a lot of filler. The veggie burgers I buy tend to range from 8g to 18g of protein. And that's within the same brand. So it's one of those things where you really need to check the nutrition label.

• Like 1

On 4/8/2018 at 12:17 PM, Athaclena said:

I've backed off a bit on vegan and more no red meat, more meatless meals and lowering *gulp* my cheese consumption. This is PARTLY because finding meatless protein at Aldi's is 'bout impossible. Even the vegan "burgers" have almost no protein, so I've changed tact a BIT. Processed is definitely no bueno for me. So far, my energy hasn't dropped, no bloating and no increase in reflux. I also know every "body" is different. I'm also eating a greater variety of foods - my protein sources this week have been egg, tuna, shrimp, turkey & chicken (plus my accidental Vegan protein shakes). Since I bought new jeans, hard to tell if they're actually looser or not - but they definitely haven't gotten TIGHTER since the beginning of the week. So - I'll see how I do with my travel this week and see if it really IS easier to stick to. If so - we'll see how I feel after a full month

&amp;amp;lt;img alt=":)" data-emoticon="" height="20" src="https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png" srcset="https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/uploads/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" title=":)" width="20" /&amp;amp;gt;

First... I <3 Aldi’s! 

Second... That sounds awesome! Not getting tighter is a good thing! That sounds like healthy protein too.

• Like 1

The challenge is almost over, how did everyone do?

I've been pretty absent this go-around (SORRY!), and I didn't really have any goals set. So I really need to sit down and figure out what to do to fix that. >_<

• Like 2

I’m almost exhausted from setting goals.

i kind of just want to see a month of no “goals”

The benefits of setting goals is very needed but do you think taking a break helps too?

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Butternut said:

I’m almost exhausted from setting goals.

i kind of just want to see a month of no “goals”

The benefits of setting goals is very needed but do you think taking a break helps too?

It's one of those things that varies a lot between people, and even with the same person (depending on how ingrained the habits are and how chaotic their life is). 

What is it about goals that you're exhausted from? If it's trying to come up with new goals, but you're worried that you won't do anything without setting goals, you can try a "maintenance" challenge. It's basically tracking the goals you've worked on previously as a way to check in with how you're doing. The tracking can be as hands-off as you feel comfortable with. And you don't need to set a specific X times a week goal.

You could take a break during zero week and see how that feels. If you find yourself slipping a lot, taking a break might not be helpful right now. On the other hand, you could find it liberating and continue your break through the next challenge. And then come back refreshed for the following one. 

• Like 2

My challenge

tumblr_mlau91roy81qien7no2_500.gif

I hit one too many puddles of something slick. so yeah, I fell down. Not sure what to do about it. Not sure if I am even getting anywhere.  So yeah, My thread has details, last post. But generally, not sure I am actually getting anywhere

• Like 1

On 4/15/2018 at 5:25 PM, zeroh13 said:

What is it about goals that you're exhausted from?

Maybe it’s the commitment.

Since I was body conscious I’ve worried about my weight.

last year I took a break from caring. For the first time! I’m 29.

It had it’s ups and downs.

the down, I may have eating More then necessary.

the ups, Ive found myself totally ok with my body. Yeah I’m not a size 7 anymore. But I’ve found to stay that size that means no beers, wheat, sugar and maintain an awesome constant workout plan.  My kids are young, my career is young, and I’ve found everytime I’ve gotten to a size 5 or 7, I always find myself back to the weight I am at now. It’s less this time around but I get back to this weight. 

Im about 80/20 with my diet. I enjoy my beer here and there. My pizza or tater tots from the local pub. And I’m active.

Also I’ve been setting monthly, weekly, daily goals since I’ve been 21.

Im kind of curious what do I do by just not.

Maybe just live. Be around. Write when I want, workout when I want, wake up early when I want, etc. then having a set rule for me to reach.

Dont get me wrong, I love the fire I feel inside from excitement of setting and reaching goals, and this place has gotten me there several times!! 

What I mean is just being happy for what and who I am. Not trying to improve but just have fun and wing it for a little while! 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Butternut said:

Maybe it’s the commitment.

Since I was body conscious I’ve worried about my weight.

last year I took a break from caring. For the first time! I’m 29.

It had it’s ups and downs.

the down, I may have eating More then necessary.

the ups, Ive found myself totally ok with my body. Yeah I’m not a size 7 anymore. But I’ve found to stay that size that means no beers, wheat, sugar and maintain an awesome constant workout plan.  My kids are young, my career is young, and I’ve found everytime I’ve gotten to a size 5 or 7, I always find myself back to the weight I am at now. It’s less this time around but I get back to this weight. 

Im about 80/20 with my diet. I enjoy my beer here and there. My pizza or tater tots from the local pub. And I’m active.

Also I’ve been setting monthly, weekly, daily goals since I’ve been 21.

Im kind of curious what do I do by just not.

Maybe just live. Be around. Write when I want, workout when I want, wake up early when I want, etc. then having a set rule for me to reach.

Dont get me wrong, I love the fire I feel inside from excitement of setting and reaching goals, and this place has gotten me there several times!! 

What I mean is just being happy for what and who I am. Not trying to improve but just have fun and wing it for a little while! 

So don't make the commitment to a challenge next round. Could you do something more of a "Butternut sees where life takes her" kinda challenge and just live for a challenge and just check in and say "Okay, since I am not watching my food as much, I noticed" or "When I don't track my workouts, I am not sure how its going" and then at the end of the challenge you can look back and see where you are nad how things went and if there is anything you still need to work on or if you have yourself set up to maintain as you move forward.

No matter what you decide, we are here for you

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

So don't make the commitment to a challenge next round. Could you do something more of a "Butternut sees where life takes her" kinda challenge and just live for a challenge and just check in and say "Okay, since I am not watching my food as much, I noticed" or "When I don't track my workouts, I am not sure how its going" and then at the end of the challenge you can look back and see where you are nad how things went and if there is anything you still need to work on or if you have yourself set up to maintain as you move forward.

This is a good idea actually. I might just do that and then setting the goal to improve the challenge afterwards...

• Like 2

On 4/17/2018 at 7:27 AM, Bean Sidhe said:

Thanks Bean!

this is a good idea. I may do this.

I have to do work goals due to I won’t get anything done if I don’t.  But I may just use this as a check point. 

Maybe do daily goals. “ Get to the gym today”

Or not.

anyways it’s a great idea Bean! Thanks!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Butternut said:

Thanks Bean!

this is a good idea. I may do this.

I have to do work goals due to I won’t get anything done if I don’t.  But I may just use this as a check point. 

Maybe do daily goals. “ Get to the gym today”

Or not.

anyways it’s a great idea Bean! Thanks!

Glad to help. Hope either idea works for  you.

• Like 1