ixaera does not surrender~

freck

I liked being a thread DJ so I'm gonna do that, only this time with a THEME. The theme is a mystery. But probably easy to guess after I post a few. If you're just joining the show, our protagonist has done an ouchie on the lower back! Oh no! (I am feeling much better as of today, though not nearly 100%) Anyway, so this will be more food focused to lend elasticity to any need to skip gym or vary from a program (I have basically quit the program I was nearing the end of, because probably putting near-maximal weights on my spine is a bad plan just now--but I'm hoping to work back up soon)

Goals:

1) This one's a gimme. Do gym/activity as my body allows. This is mainly a talking point, not a tracked goal.

2) For work lunch (free and catered daily), always choose the salad or veggies as a side, unless the salad legit doesn't look good. Always pick the lean meat, one day a week excepted.

3) Get the raisins instead of the lifesavers.  (Can also bring something equivalent.) NO lifesavers. (Seriously, you guys, I'm LITERALLY eating 20 or so a day. Every day! They're just so there and free and tasty.)

4) Intuitive eating! Give it a try! still log everything and don't go over 1650 but follow the belly first

5) Drink more water. More of a talking point than tracked. It's not a big issue, I get enough usually but I've been drinking a lot of the free diet soda and having to tell you about my water intake may help cut it back.

6) Let's do points! I get 1 point for every serving of vegetable, fruit, or lean meat/egg/bean type protein source. I think a doable goal would be around 5 points a day and see where it goes. >100 I get my ears re-pierced finally, >120 I get an SSD for my laptop. IF I manage 140, I will go get that tattoo thing started.

7) 1500 words a week, and I put my head in the story daily.

This will be graded progressively instead of weekly. :3

Here's your first song:

Spoiler

• Like 6

Challenge Threads

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

points > demerits anytime, everyday. 

giphy.gif

But, you know. Not in a creepy way.

• Haha 5

PLAN IS GOOD

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Instagram | pinterest

read harder challengeBattle LogNROLFW

Challenges: 13-1 | 13-2 | 13-3 | 13-3.5 | 14-1 | 14-2 | 15-1 | 15-2 | 15-3 | 15-4 | 15-5 | 16-1 | 16-2 | 16-3 | 16-4 | 16-516-6 | 16-7 | 16-8 | 17-1 | 17-2 | 17-3 | 17-4 | 17-5 | 17-6 | 17-7 | 17-8 | 17-9 | 17-10 | 18-118-2 | 18-318-4 | 18-5 | 18-6 | 18-7 | 18-8 | 18-9 | 18-10 | 19-1 | 19-2 | 19-3 | 19-4 | 19-5 | 19-6 | 19-7 | current

tenor.gif?itemid=5797023

• Haha 2

i am not waiting for a hero.  i saved myself long ago.

Level 50 Bardic Time-Mage; of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...
...But that's the way things are. The choice is yours."

»  kom starkru

HELLO HI EVERYBODY :D

(Also I forgot to follow my own thread, OOPS fixed)

The RELEVANT song I want to post is sadly not on theme today so I CANNOT. It's a tragedy :( Also it is HARD to decide what to post gosh. So many good choices.

Let's talk about the day first then! BTW still dying from the DOMS of Monday's squats. Not walking funny from my back anymore nope, just sore.

This is zero week so I'm not grading or anything here, just summing up

I got up, I went to the gym, and had a session with my trainer. I told him I was scrapping the rest of my program because it was incompatible with the state of my lumbar atm, but that I could do the bench portion and then modify a bunch for leg work otherwise. He said, HOW BOUT I just write you a good 5/3/1 modification. OKIES. Sure. Personally I like programming, but let's see what I can LEARN.

So today we did this, and it was awesome (though not a strong gym day it was okay)

3x5 at 75 lbs on bench

then an AMRAP at 75 lbs and I got 11 reps, which is a PR, low hanging fruit likely

Then band-assisted dips for 6x5

Lat pulldowns for a 5x5 at 80 lbs, then AMRAP for 13 reps at 70 lbs

DB Rows

3x10 20 lbs nbd, worked on form he noticed I am all curvy back here oops

Circuit finisher x3

DB Standing Press 24 lbs x10

Upright Rows 20 lbs x10

Lat DB Raises 10 lbs x 10

Rear delt raises 10 lbs x 10

THEN because it came up in conversation, we did a hammer hold and I got 30 seconds with the 15-lber at the end. I think he wasn't expecting me to last that long after the shoulder circuit and honestly I'm a bit surprised too. (It was mentioned as a strongman event and the novice women did 15 lb hammer holds and I was like damn that sounds easy, so he wanted to prove it wasn't... and it ... wasn't? I mean, if I were going for 5 minutes I guess)

Got a smoothie with kale and a bananer. Got raisins when I walked past the thing that also has those life savers. Lunch was half a potbelly sammich, half a plate of potbelly salad, and some chips. Got a thing of those famous amos cookies (so much free junk at this job), didn't QUITE regret it because I love trashy junk cookies. Ate an ostrich stick that I got at smoothie king and more raisins. Then gave in and ate 12 life savers like one does. 

My back is about a million times better than it was last week and the week before but it still is nagging me. The massive DOMS are distracting me from it a bit though. 

SONG. I chose this one for the theme because it also is very personal to me. This specific version was my dad's favorite song (according to my mom... his real favorite song was probably a secret and by Johnny Cash), but this is what we played at his memorial because he would have wanted there to be good music there.

Spoiler

• Like 7

Challenge Threads

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Ostrich stick

D:

"Well...in the end, it boils down to two simple choices. Either you do or you don't.

You'd think with all the problems in this world, there'd be more answers. It's not fair...

»  kom starkru

3 minutes ago, shaar said:

Ostrich stick

D:

It's like a slim jim only with ostrich and better macros I guess? I dunno? It was okay. I preferred it to the protein balls I was gonna have instead.

*tries to walk away with a straight face*

• Haha 4

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

12 minutes ago, ixaera said:

It's like a slim jim only with ostrich and better macros I guess? I dunno? It was okay. I preferred it to the protein balls I was gonna have instead.

*tries to walk away with a straight face*

ISee What You Did There ISee It GIF - ISeeWhatYouDidThere ISeeIt GIFs

• Haha 3

"You're going to be amazing." 

Fantasy Football league 2019

The Grumble Battle Log

Spoiler

Books: 

Shows: 

Games: God of War, Kingdom Hearts 3, Destiny 2

Level 15  Wookie Warrior

13 hours ago, ixaera said:

Got a smoothie with kale and a bananer. Got raisins when I walked past the thing that also has those life savers. Lunch was half a potbelly sammich, half a plate of potbelly salad, and some chips. Got a thing of those famous amos cookies (so much free junk at this job), didn't QUITE regret it because I love trashy junk cookies. Ate an ostrich stick that I got at smoothie king and more raisins. Then gave in and ate 12 life savers like one does. 

LOL

such is life.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

# 39#38 | #37 | #36 | #35 |#34 | #33 | #32 | #31 | #30#29#28#27#26#25 | # 24 | #23#22#21 | #20 | #19 | #18 | #17#16#15#14 | #13 | #12 | #11 | #10#9#8 | #7 | #6 | #5 | #4 | #3 | #2#1 | Battle Log

Instagram | Goodreads

8 hours ago, calanthrophy said:

NeverGiveUp+jpg+591x454.jpg

JUST one of the best movies ever 

that's all

More zero week chat

Today my activity was mainly getting up, walking a circle around the floor a few times, and 15 minutes on the treadmill after work. 

My food was terrible. (I managed a banana and a salad, but also like 1.5 brownies, 8 life savers (hey that's less), etc)

I also did eat protein balls >.>

Not really much to report. It was a good day as Thursdays go.

So here's a song, the theme should start becoming apparent soon. 

Spoiler

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Heya, following along again. Now I want to try hammer holds to see how hard it is - that sounds pretty tough.

• Like 1

Level 15 Wood Elf Ranger

IAgreeWithTank™

"Shit is going down, but I am not." - iatetheyeti

Don't say "I don't have enough time", say instead "that's not a priority right now" and see how that makes you feel.

Forum Posts: Current Challenge - Worms - 2021 Road Map - Make a House a Home

External: Epic Quest - Instagram - Strava

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46

Old Stuff: Battle Log - My Introduction - 2017 Road Map - 2018 Road Map - 2019 Road Map

On 3/16/2018 at 7:57 AM, Jarric said:

Heya, following along again. Now I want to try hammer holds to see how hard it is - that sounds pretty tough.

tenor.gif?itemid=4572582

ZERO WEEEEK

So yeah I'm still eating a lot >.> May have helped destroy some cheese fries and nachos last night

I'm adjusting my goals. STILL not cutting, but I wanna try something different. I have never in my life managed to get the hang of intuitive eating, I know some other folks are trying this out. I will still be logging in mfp, I do not believe I am in any danger of undereating so I won't put a minimum calorie count on my range for now (unless I get surprised and it turns out I need that, but I rather doubt it). I WILL however put a cap at 1650, a little over maintenance. But guys and gals, we are going to pay attention to the belly and eat when it says "put food in me!" and not eat when it doesn't do that. And see what happens. It'll be a good test drive, in combination with trying to put healthier stuff in there.

Here's you another zero week song

Spoiler

• Like 2

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Is your theme 80's throwback jams?!!?!

I too am on the Eating Like An Actual Cargo Ship game.  Om. Nom.  Nom.  Siiiigh.  Oh look fresh peanut butter cookies in the kitchen.....................

• Like 2

»  kom starkru

3 hours ago, shaar said:

I too am on the Eating Like An Actual Cargo Ship game.  Om. Nom.  Nom.  Siiiigh.  Oh look fresh peanut butter cookies in the kitchen.....................

To be fair, this does sound like my kind of game.

giphy.webp

• Like 2

Level 13 Shape-shifting Warrior Monk

STR:45 | DEX:18 | STA:10 | CON:37 | WIS:37 | CHA:27

The stronger the body the more it obeys, the weaker the body the more it commands. -- Siegmund Klein

Battle Log : MFP : Instagram : Challenges - 1, 23456789101112

4 hours ago, shaar said:

It is sort of both more general and more specific than that, at the same time! 

4 hours ago, shaar said:

peanut butter cups got me like a week ago

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

Following for the most excellent music.

• Like 1

Book Riot Challenge 2021

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scaly Freak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28

WHOA I totally forgot to log my Friday workout here!

wow ok

so, I thought personal trainer had just forgotten to meet. No big, it's not like I'm not gonna work out, so I had a back up plan and I dove into that. A 3x5 of 42 lb OHP to start (since I did a ton of shoulders wednesday), then a 3x5 + 1x8 at 105 lbs on the trap bar deadlifts. Did not go for an amrap or push hard just because it was the first day in the gym where my back felt pretty solid. Some accessories that were just curls and abs. OOOOH my abs are sore. Anyway, trainer texts mid workout with oh no I set my alarm for SATURDAY not FRIDAY 

it happens, 3x sessions next week. 

By the way, yeah. My back blow out felt almost as bad as the original big ouch, but it's already basically gone. Woot!

• Like 4

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

8 hours ago, ixaera said:

By the way, yeah. My back blow out felt almost as bad as the original big ouch, but it's already basically gone. Woot!

I'm in a similar place with this... I re-ouched my back on Monday last week but it's already come good. The first time I did it, I was out for 2 months, the second time was 3-4 weeks. This time was 5 days. Everyone one of them felt the same but it appears that I'm getting really good at healing.

• Like 2

Neutral Gargoyle Warrior with a dash of Ranger/Monk/Adventurer. Now LEVEL 9!  My Instagram

STR 78, CON 31, DEX 1, INT 21, WIS 13.5, CHA 4

Meet lifts: SQ 175kg, B 112.5kg, Dead 215kg.   Gym lifts: SQ 185kg, B 132.5kg, Dead 220kg

Nerd Stuff: Sci Fi TV, Sci Fi + Fantasy Books, Classic Space Lego, Warhammer 40K...

4 hours ago, Blocky said:

I'm in a similar place with this... I re-ouched my back on Monday last week but it's already come good. The first time I did it, I was out for 2 months, the second time was 3-4 weeks. This time was 5 days. Everyone one of them felt the same but it appears that I'm getting really good at healing.

Yeah I was out of the gym with acute pain for about the same amount of time (2 weeks), but this time as soon as the acute part was over, my back was like ok I'm done with that tantrum now let's get back to work 

No complaints, having it draw out a lot of annoying sensitivity for months was terrible

• Like 1

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram

last day of zero week (I like to start Mondays) \o/

Today I got some frozen veggies and eggs and stuff to help ensure SUCCESS during week 1. I also made a disappointing chicken masala. Very meh and I will definitely be reverting to the curry paste from Kitchens of India because it's just way better than Trader Joe's jarred sauces. (Sorry TJ''s you ain't awesome at everything.)

Here's a song that I freaking love

Spoiler

• Like 3

Challenge Threads

BATTLE LOG (Current)

MFP | Instagram