Annyshay Rebuilds the Shire

annyshay

screenshot-2015-01-09-at-19-53-14.png

"Lady Anny of the Shire, they called me once", Annyshay extended her hand to the young but unnaturally tall Brandybuck covered in strange regalia, "before all this nasty business. I hear we owe you a great debt for leading the militia, Master Meriadoc. You have my thanks."

"And you have mine, Lady," Master Brandybuck returned the compliment. "I know what it takes to hold a people strong through a seige. You remind me of dear friends I have left in the world of the Big People."

"I wish them well. I suppose we are all rebuilding after this Great War of the Ring. The Battle of Bywater will go down in our history books, but I wonder if the wider world will even know." Annyshay looked wistfully over her beloved homeland and her eyes caught on several small fires that continued to burn following the battle. 

"You might be surprised how much the wider world has learned about hobbits in this war," Master Meriadoc replied with a mischievous twinkle in his eyes.

"Once things calm down, those are some stories I would very much like to hear over a half-pint down the pub."

Merry extended his hand with a warm smile. "That would be a pleasure."

the-four-hobbits.jpg

• Like 10

Love as thou wilt.

For those that may not know me, my name is Shannon - Annyshay on the forums. I've been a member of the Rebellion for over 6 years now! :o In that time, I have gone through a LOT of battles both in my personal and professional life. The time ahead of me looks like one of rebuilding in the wake of several prolonged skirmishes. My work leadership is in a process of transition that has a high degree of uncertainty. I am in this phase of work and training until at least July 2019, and after that it's time to get my first full job. Personally, I am digging deep into a lot of my depression, anxiety, and childhood trauma with the help of a therapist and a health coach, Amy Clover of Strong Inside Out. There have been a lot of big shifts in my beliefs and willingness, so I'm stepping out intentionally into this new period. If curious about more back story, either check out my battle logs or by all means ask questions here. Good questions tend to get me rambling, fair warning. ;)

As I'm looking ahead to shifts, returning to the Shire feels right, but it's a Shire that needs to be restored and renewed, much like the Shire we find after the Scouring of the Shire in Lord of the Rings (LotR). Welcome and be ready to get your toes in the dirt and your hands messy. We've got work to do!

KbBGE.jpg

• Like 10

Love as thou wilt.

Now, you may remember that Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Pippin all heard far too many versions of Bilbo's tales. Well, Bilbo was particularly fond of telling them how Thorin Oakenshield referred to him and by extension all hobbits at one point. Namely, "There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West. Some courage and some wisdom, blended in measure. If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." Of course, Bilbo loved to tell his stories to any that would listen, so other hobbits scattered throughout the Shire knew these words and would cling to them during the worst moments of the Scouring of the Shire. Lady Annyshay decided that these very words would shape the rebuilding to come.

Main Quest - Rebuild the Shire

Stouthearted 

98954059483ba7828d9494016443248d.jpg

(Some courage and some wisdom, blended in measure)

Barefoot

7b1c7f56d620b13c1fd4e887672ddd5a.jpg

(Walks without shoes)

Food

il_570xN.770075135_g2rr.jpg

(Intuitive Eating, NO Diets)

Cheer and Song

4607392d9f4db99e93b01d37b3aa0ec438f201d3

(Self Explanatory)

• Like 6

Love as thou wilt.

1 hour ago, annyshay said:

Welcome and be ready to get your toes in the dirt and your hands messy. We've got work to do!

I'm ready to get my toes in the dirt! Already got a head start, actually. :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals More

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle Earth

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

Ooooooooh I LOVE the spirit of all of this!! Heal brave and wild with cheer dear Lady Shannon [emoji7]

• Like 1

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

PI DAY 2018

Stouthearted

- woke up crazy early (before 5am for no reason), so I took a mid morning nap without guilt

- meditated before nap

- meditated before lunch (3 minutes with NOTHING going on... felt long but good)

Barefoot

- took trash and recycling out sans shoes, it's warmer today 30s F but there was still some snow to stick my feet in

Food

- Waited for breakfast and second breakfast until I was actually hungry

- Made lunch of a bunch of leftovers while cleaning out the fridge a bit

- Stopped when I was full and put the rest into a container for lunch tomorrow *fist pump*

- dinner stream of consciousness:

Ordered pizza to celebrate Pi Day, but Dragon is making it hard to enjoy. Stop sniffing, kitto! Does not take any hints. I may have to put it away before he finds a way to get inside all sneaky like. WTF. He is still trying. Is very annoying. He has gotten too bold. I put the pizza away after three slices. I have now had a few bites of brownie and I am satisfied. What is this witchcraft?!

Cheer and Song

- made plans to watch Who with a friend on Sunday

- played many video games

- text chatted with another friend

• Like 7

Love as thou wilt.

Nice start to the challenge. Love cheer and song!

• Like 1

Wisdom 18   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 16  Constitution-12

Elastigirl Endeavors, Experiments, , and Explains - Current Challenge: May 9 to June 12 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

3/15/2018

Stouthearted

- meditated a few different times

- talked with a friend about serious work meeting

- journaled

Barefoot

- forgot!

Food

- cold pizza for breakfast is absolutely one of my favorite things

- it seems like eating until I'm full and not eating just in case is becoming more common even if there is only pizza around ;)

Cheer and Song

- video games

- NF fun :)

- kitteh snuggles

• Like 4

Love as thou wilt.

:D 

• Like 1

Raptron, alot assassin

67666564636261605958 575655545352515049484746454443424140393837363534333231302928272625242322212019181716151413121110987 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1

33 minutes ago, annyshay said:

you did not warn me how addictive this is

I'm sorry... I played Stardew Valley for about 60 hours. Then, one fateful day last autumn, I was sick and played for 10 hours straight. Never touched it again since... I hope for a physical copy on Switch now to get back into it.

• Like 1

The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way.

Instagram food log

3/16/2018

Stouthearted

- therapy

- many meditations

- mantras - mostly "Courage, Dear Heart"

- reached out on the SIO facebook page

Barefoot

- nope

Food

- cold pizza for breakfast again = <3

- a bit sporadic with eating, but mindful

Cheer and Song

- listening to fun songs on YouTube

- Thor: Ragnarok

- more video games

• Like 5

Love as thou wilt.

3/17/2018

Stouthearted

- so much journaling, ten thousand and eleventy one words to be precise :o

- several bouts of meditating

- quiet devotions with God

- re-reading important bits of Daring Greatly

Barefoot

- yup - walked around the end of my block to an area that had squishy greenish grass growing, felt so good

Food

- kind of an odd day for food but intuitive

- lots of salt and shark week are making a lot of body image issues come up, so I'm trying to focus on loving responses to those

- starting to up my water intake which is always a good plan

Cheer and Song

- many video games were had

- long gchat catching my friend up on life

- St Patrick's day playlist on spotify got me shoulder dancing quite a few times :D

• Like 6

Love as thou wilt.