Spring-Loaded Radost

Radost

At the end of the last challenge, I

passed with flying colours

saw my weight go down for the first time in over a year

hefted a 40-lb tub of cat litter like it was nbd

ran 10k in under an hour...twice 

So I’m sticking with similar goals but bumping up some difficulty levels. 

Diet:

dinners where half my plate is veggies 6x/week (final pass = 83%)

no sweet snacks 2 afternoons  a week; sweetened coffee counts as a sweet snack (final pass = 75%)

Fitness:

run/strength/yoga once a week each (final pass = 83%)

challenge run (hills, sprints, or 10+k) twice this month

5 min stretching 4x/week (final pass = 75%)

Life:

fold laundry within 48 hours, deducting 5% for each late load (final pass = 85%)

on time for work, deducting 2% for each late day (final pass = 80%)

wash & sand my side-of-the-road chair

BONUS: one hour gardening = 5% bonus that can be applied to any fitness or life goal

• Like 3

Well damn. Two days into the challenge and I’ve done something nasty to my foot - I suspect torn plantar fascia but I haven’t yet seen a doctor. 

So I’m changing my main fitness goal to 3 of any activity that’s safe per week - hopefully a few days’ rest will help enough that yoga is a possibility, and I can probably still do some strength training. If nothing else, I can just do all. the. pushups and ab workouts. Thank Bob I have some time off from work next week - my job (nanny/preschool teacher) is really active and it’s gonna suck while my foot is injured. 

Week 1 roundup

Diet:

Veggie-heavy dinner 6x/week: 6/6

no afternoon sweets 2x/week: 0/2

Fitness:

Workout 3x/week: 2/3

5 min stretching 4x/week: 4/4

Life:

Laundry: 95%

Punctuality: 96%

wash & sand my side-of-the-road chair: 50% (washed it and brought it inside where it can hang out and judge me...)

BONUS gardening: -

The whole afternoon snack issue is all wacky because my schedule is totally different on spring break. Obvs I did not handle it well last week; hopefully this week will be better. 

Week 2 roundup 

Diet:

Veggie-heavy dinner 6x/week: 5/6

no afternoon sweets 2x/week: 2/2

Fitness:

Workout 3x/week: 2/3

5 min stretching 4x/week: 3/4

Life:

Punctuality: 96%

wash & sand my side-of-the-road chair: 50%

BONUS gardening: N

I decided for the purposes of this challenge, when dealing with spring break/pro-d days, dessert after lunch shared with my work kids doesn’t count as a sweet snack (but anything between that and dinner does). Felt like an appropriate balance of keeping to my challenge while upholding my ideal of setting a good example for the kids of sharing and of balancing healthy food and food eaten for enjoyment - I really try to model healthy snacking and moderation while avoiding overt references to limiting calories and explicitly acknowledging that it’s healthy to enjoy “luxury” food from time to time (so long as you prioritize healthy food and don’t get in the habit of *expecting* treats). So it’s really weird to me to imagine giving them a treat and not sharing some myself, it feels like it undermines other messages that are more important to me. 

I’m struggling with workout motivation right now. I guess I’ve had two actual weekends in a row (usually I work Saturdays so I only get one day off) and I’ve been hitting the craft table and the videogame console and even the garden pretty hard.  Which is its own kind of awesome but not meeting my goals. Well. Do better this week, R. 

Week 3 roundup 

Diet:

Veggie-heavy dinner 6x/week: 7/6! Mega-success!

Fitness:

Workout 3x/week: 1/3 fail :(

5 min stretching 4x/week: 3/4

Life:

Punctuality: 92%

BONUS gardening: 1.5 hours!

• Like 1

Week 4 roundup 

Diet:

Veggie-heavy dinner 6x/week: 6/6!

*Total for the challenge:* 100%/75% pass on both fronts!

Fitness:

Workout 3x/week: 3/3! But most were short 10-15 minute-ers. I miss running but I did a workout that involves jumping jacks and my foot started hurting again, so obvs I am not yet ready. I have been going on late-night Poké-walks to meet my step goals too, so at least I’m keeping moving. 

5 min stretching 4x/week: 5/4! Mega success!

*Total for the challenge:* 67% faaail (even adding 7% bonus from having spent time gardening doesn’t put me at my pass line :frown-new:)/ 94% success

Life:

Laundry: 95%!

Punctuality: 88%

BONUS gardening: 1.5 hours total

*Technically I guess the chair was a fail, but ehhhh...*