• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Teirin

Teirin does Stuff

9 hours ago, Kishi said:

I mean, just because you're over, it doesn't follow that you have no choice in how you get there. They can be quality calories too.

7 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

Yeah, I'd hesitate to call that eating like an asshole. Maybe eating like a mildly inconsiderate great-aunt whose heart is in the right place.

Meals were fine, but I ate a LOT of chocolate Thursday - Sunday.  So I think it qualifies.  Did not particular care at the time and still not summoning up any regret.

Watched this on the weekend.  Was fantastic and well worth ordering!

• Like 2

Workout stuff:  done.  25 reps.

Food stuff:  not done...  last of the Easter Candy is gone.  Otherwise great food.

Sleep stuff:  barely, read a bit before bed last night.

vacation stuff: nothing.

I am still dancing around my apartment to the live album version of this.  So much fun!

• Like 2

Workout stuff:  done.  27 reps, 52 so far this week.

Food stuff: Done, good food day :-)

Sleep stuff:  Done, read a while before bed last night.

vacation stuff: looked up concert tips, feeling pretty prepared for this.

• Like 1

Workout stuff:  done.  30 reps, 82 so far this week.

Food stuff: Done, ok food day.

Sleep stuff:  Done, read a while before bed last night.

vacation stuff: nothing done today

Going to 30 pushups on schedule is not feeling great.  May hold at 27 for a bit.

Ha!  They know their fan base well.  On the subject of the feasibility of concept albums in a Spotify/single song purchase culture.

• Like 2

I have scheduled an appointment in late May with my bank rep to discuss RRSPs and TFSAs.  My student loans will be paid off by then.  I am feeling all manner of adult, despite being 37 and having been a reasonably functional and responsible adult for some time now.  Go me. 

• Like 3

Congratulations on getting your student loans paid off! That is a big worry off your mind. I hope having some slack in your budget will let you do things from your wish list.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mistr said:

Congratulations on getting your student loans paid off! That is a big worry off your mind. I hope having some slack in your budget will let you do things from your wish list.

Honestly, I'm going to transition to putting the same into savings.  I've freed up some amount of spending money at this point and won't feel like I'm losing much.  It'll just be an increasing balance instead of a decreasing one.  For a while anyway.

• Like 2

Concept albums are awesome!

Hell, I have like three Ayreon albums already and all my Kamelot and Nightwish are their concept albums too. 

Also rock operas need to have a comeback. Cuz I love all the rock operas. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, chemgeek said:

Concept albums are awesome!

Hell, I have like three Ayreon albums already and all my Kamelot and Nightwish are their concept albums too. 

Also rock operas need to have a comeback. Cuz I love all the rock operas. 

In case you weren't already aware, Arjen Luccason has several full album playlists set up here for checking out his other albums.

So, I tweaked some budgets around and paid off the last 2 payments on my student loan this morning .  Practically speaking, it's no different than paying off the last of it next month but I really like the idea of having it sorted before I go on the vacation/concert trip.  I still do have some remaining debt, but not a lot.  Feeling good about this.  It does mean that I will need to allocate spending money out of the next paycheque, which I will have just as I go on vacation so that is fine.  The trip is prepaid and I will not incur any debt unless I go really bonkers (unlikely) or something goes wrong (hopefully unlikely).

My brain right now:

45a2ab30d894cd90fff9aebeb0e3a40eea0bef62  and then  giphy.gif

Challenge goals

Workout stuff:  Off the last two days, on schedule.  Planned to do today.

Food stuff: Ok the last few days, not quite good enough to pass.  Too much chocolate, but at least there were still a lot of veg and good protein. 

Sleep stuff:  Missed reading before bed the last few days, so not done, but I still slept ok.  Eh.

Vacation stuff:  down to allocating some spending money and listening to some Battle Beast.  They're the first opening band and I haven't heard much from them. 

• Like 3

Workout stuff:  Did not do yesterday.  Done today with 30 reps. 112 reps total for the week.

Food stuff: FAIL today.

Sleep stuff:  Done.

Vacation stuff:  Battle Beast listening. 

My pre-order of the new Kamelot album did not arrive by release date.  Obviously I will live but it would have been nice to listen to it this weekend :-) 

• Like 2

Insomnia kicked in hard last night and I got maybe 2 hours of sleep, both after 8 am.  I took the morning off.  In a thoroughly shitty mood today as a result.

• Sad 2

ARGH, insomnia. That shit sucks. You have my sympathy, although I'd also like to give you credit for taking care of yourself when you needed to. I hope your day gets better.

3 hours last night but I think it's asthma.   Usually there's a build up before I stop sleeping nearly completely.  Maxed out my maintenance inhaler use today and doubled my allergy pill (both steps approved my my doctor for my equivalent to flareups).  I also found that being propped up for maximum breathing ease helped a bit last night.  I'm optimistic for tonight.  Shall see soon.

No workout stuff today and food was a bit too high in chocolate.  Honestly, I just needed to get through work and I was useless otherwise.

New Kamelot album is keeping me company.  So good :-)

• Like 2

I slept last night AND Seventh Wonder released a single this morning.  It is a great day. 

Not sure if it was the asthma, sleeping propped up, or the mild sedative effect of the extra antihistamine.  Or all of the above.  Bottom line: I slept most of 8 hours with a few disruptions. 

Then I woke up to this!   So much :love_heart::love_heart:  Preorder goes in today for the album release in October.  I am so spoiled for music right now.

• Like 1

Glad to hear that you got good sleep last night.

I've been enjoying the music you've been posting. Do you have a Spotify channel that features these bands?

1 hour ago, Mistr said:

Glad to hear that you got good sleep last night.

I've been enjoying the music you've been posting. Do you have a Spotify channel that features these bands?

I've never gotten Spotify.  How do you like it?  Being able to make and share playlists on something other than youtube sounds great.  Will look into it!  Thanks! Apple music did not really work out for me.

24 minutes ago, Kishi said:

Ah, so happy to hear that things are so much better!

Me too!  I in no way doubt the amazing benefits of more sleep, I just have a hard time getting it.  Music makes everything better.

An older but also sweet song from the same group, about getting through life with music :-)

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Luciana Valerosa Culming said:

That's a really nice song. They remind me of dreamtheater. Do you know them?

Same genre :-)  The first ridiculously long song I ever fell in love with was Dream Threater

Mixed news.  I have done nothing so far with the kettlebell or pushups this week.  Not good.  Sleeping has mostly recovered.  I've hit the awkward point where I still need to sleep propped up (or no sleep) but I find that uncomfortable enough that it's still difficult to settle.  But I'm mostly sleeping so worth it.

The good is that food is mostly fine.  I ate too much sugar Monday and Tuesday but the rest of the week has been reasonable if not great.  Reading has also been fine. 

Vacation time has been adjusted a bit more and there is not much more to do before leaving except pack and stuff like that.  I think it'll all be ok.  Some family stuff is going on, but there's nothing I can do about it except listen when needed.

Ran the first session of my next game story arc.  Trying some new house rules to fix some crap.  Also introduced some steps to cut down on Freight Simulator.  Between an accounting clerk as a PC and my experience in shipping, we made this.  Should be better now.  It seemed to go well and my players said they had fun.  I hope so.

I have succumbed to the Spotify for a trial.  This song isn't on youtube yet but it's one of my favs from the new album.

https://open.spotify.com/track/539JntEQCTBzlNVQzYksye

• Like 1

Ok, did most of S&S today + extra goblet squats and 30 pushups for that challenge.

Point totals include:

30 goblet squats with Kelly (20lbs)- 210 points

100 swings with Kelly - 200 points

5 KB deadlifts - honestly didn't feel heavy enough to really count

6 TGUs with Isla (15 lbs) - 60 points

Total:  470 points*1.5 = 705

Considered 10 TGUs and then considered my probability of dropping it on my face right before vacation.  I am somewhat embarrassingly more wiped from this than I should be, but have been a slacker for a while so I deserve it. Edit:  screw this.  I'm proud of myself for doing it.  That is the point of this challenge, to get back to working out. 

Food is good so far today and I slept without an extra anti-histamine last night.  Things are good!

I did realize that there are a few more things I should pick up before the trip.  Will do that Monday after work.  Also, reschedule bloodwork.  I screwed up there.

• Like 3