Jakkals skep orde

Jakkals

My last challenge went almost well. This time around I am putting cleaning first, the one thing I have failed miserably at.

1. Cleaning

I am not allowed to switch on my computer if I have not showered. I am not allowed to shower unless I have worked in the garden and cleaned inside the house.  This will hopefully get my brainless computer browsing under control and get the house and garden clean.

2. Bedtime

Computer off at 9:20, lights at 10, up at 5.

I almost got this right last challenge, reading in the bed has made me switch off the light too late, showering early in the evening will also help.

3. Exercise

I have got this little stretching and push-up routine in the morning. It is nothing special, but at least it is something.

And I have six days to go with my 100 Push-ups a Day Challenge.  When that is done I am going to do a 100 squats a day challenge.

4. Write stuff down.

I keep a dairy with notes in at work. It makes my life so much easier. I have to start something similar for at home, I bought the dairy in September last year. The attempts have never worked, hopefully this will work better.

• Like 6

Level 8 : Wizard Blacksmith 

[ STR 6 | DEX 6 | STA 5 | CON 5 | WIS 10 | CHA 4 ]

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

Adapt yourself to the things among which your lot has been cast

and love sincerely the fellow creatures with whom destiny has

ordained that you shall live.

-Marcus Aurelius

1 hour ago, Jakkals said:

1. Cleaning

I am not allowed to switch on my computer if I have not showered. I am not allowed to shower unless I have worked in the garden and cleaned inside the house.  This will hopefully get my brainless computer browsing under control and get the house and garden clean.

I actually did something similar with working out.  I can't shower until I've *gotten* gross.

• Like 1

Donderdag

The kitten is getting cheeky. I had to search for him in the garden with a flashlight and bring him in. He is much too small to be away that far away from the house. 

I forgot to mention I bumped my car while reversing. I got out the worse of the dent with the plunger, there are some scratches left but at least it does not look bad. 

Cleaning done, gardening done, shower done.

Computer off at 9:35. lights at 10:08, and I slept through to just before 5. 

Push ups and stretching done.

Journal entry done.

• Like 4

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

-Marcus Aurelius

Vrydag

Cleaning got done, gardening got done and showering got done. I was standing on the stepladder at the bookshelf and I decided it is time to reduce my books. It is now six years since my last cleanout, and most of the ones I kept I have no urge to read ever again.

Computer off at 9:40, lights at 10:10,  and I woke at 4:10, snoozed around until 5:40.

Push-ups and stretching done

Journal entry done.

• Like 4

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

-Marcus Aurelius

22 hours ago, Jakkals said:

It is now six years since my last cleanout, and most of the ones I kept I have no urge to read ever again.

If I feel it's defining to my life or if I feel I'm going to read it within a year, I keep the book.  If not, it goes.

• Like 3

Saterdag

I spend the day sharpening chisels and plane blades. It has been needed for many years, and I am not nearly finished. 13 chisels and 5 plane blades. Neglect isn't solved so easily. 

Saturday night movie were The Force Awakens.

Cleaning, gardening and showering done.

Computer off at 10:45, lights at 11:15, finally got up at 6:40.

Push-ups and stretching done.

I did not write in my journal. 

• Like 2

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

-Marcus Aurelius

I find sharpening soothing, almost meditative. I wish I was better at it though.

Was that your first viewing of TFA? What did you think. Do movies get dubbed in SA or do you see them in English?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Solstice Challenge

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

The question "Why shower in the morning, you aren't even dirty yet?" seems important right now.

Also; I feel like you're due for a perfectly executed challenge, and summing up the negatives from the last is a great way to start the new one. I wish I thought of that. Well I am going to do that from here on out!

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I find sharpening soothing, almost meditative. I wish I was better at it though.

Was that your first viewing of TFA? What did you think. Do movies get dubbed in SA or do you see them in English?

I mostly use power tools, so sharpening is not one of my good skills either. At this stage I am working on the boredom, maybe one day when the lot has been rehabilitated I can find the zen.

We watch all movies in English. Many years ago they did dub some TV series into Afrikaans, but normally they do not bother. 

I have seen The Force Awakens before. I like it, but the battle scenes are badly edited and just confusing. I had the same problem with The Last Jedi.

6 hours ago, Shoesasaurus said:

Also; I feel like you're due for a perfectly executed challenge, and summing up the negatives from the last is a great way to start the new one. I wish I thought of that. Well I am going to do that from here on out!

I hope this one is going to be good too.

5 hours ago, Murphy's Roommate said:

Sharpening tools is time very well spent.  Sharp tools are safe tools!

The boat looks neat.  I imagine one could do it for less with a little creativity. 

If I had a little more money than now I would have started figuring out how to make a little boat like that. It looks like fun.

Sondag

Kayak at the pond. We were supposed to go to the dam today, but by late Saturday afternoon I realized my brother is not interested anymore, so it just fell through. I probably should have talked to him about it, but didn't. And then people wonder why I prefer to do things alone. Story of my life really. 

Cleaning and gardening were non-zero. Showering late at night.

Sunday afternoon nap, computer off at 10, lights at 10:48, woke at 5.

Non-zero journal. 

• Like 5

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

-Marcus Aurelius

Maandag

Wasted evening. I got home and just when I wanted to go into the garden it started raining and then I sat down in front of the computer and then....

Some unpleasant maintenance. And getting told how stupid I am.

And for someone who do not do Stained glass work, why do I now have three glass grinders?

No cleaning done, but I did get all the books off the floor onto the table. No gardening either, and I only showered at 10.

Computer off at 9:33, lights at 10:12, and I slept through until 5. Weird, bad dreams.

Push-ups and stretching done

No journal.

• Like 3

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

-Marcus Aurelius

20 hours ago, Teros said:

self goal: To fit into that tiny boat.

Made by thin people for thin people.   But you have a good goal. How far do you still have to go?

13 hours ago, campbellmc22 said:

for continuing to post. 

I sometimes pity the poor people who actually follow me, but I always post. Even if it is just to act as a bad example.

Dinsdag

And a massive thunderstorm with hail just after five. I had to put tins under the leaks in the workshop, and of course the gardening did not happen.

My sharpening is continuing. Everything on Youtube is by rich people with fancy diamond plates. I use thirty year old oil stones. But I did complete one chisel. It is sharp enough to cut oak with ease. The big time waster is the planer blades. It is old and all skew and I need to get it flat. The hardware store do have new blades, but I do not have money.  

And another machine broke down. And after another battle to get a grub screw to loosen I also ended up grinding it out.

Some little cleaning done. No gardening, and shower just before bedtime.

Computer off at 10:05, lights at 10:40, and I slept through until 6:30. Lots of dreaming.

A tiny bit of journal, but not enough.

• Like 5

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

-Marcus Aurelius

We had sunshine for a change this side.

A lot of hard work has to go into something that has been neglected for a long time. Whether people or instruments. Don't neglect yourself, Jakkals. You are an amazing artist with all those heavy metals, wood and I think (by the sounds of it) glass to come? ;) It's great that you're getting stuck into the cleaning and maintenance, even if it is boring work. And good going with the exercises.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

• Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Stormie Omartian

"A wife's prayers for her husband has a far greater effect on him than anyone else's, even his mother's."

Ah Jakkals...

I've had bad examples.  Very bad examples even as far past bosses.  I shall not share how bad they were, I think it would make people hurt just by reading it. 

Then there you are.  You struggle, you fight, you have failures, and you have many moments of success.  We are half a world away, it does not feel like it.  Every day, you do something, even a little something, that makes something work better.  Often, all I have to offer the world is a good email, a collection of electrons that may never be read, you offer a real thing that now works.   What you do with your hands, most people are amazed at.   Simple to you, remarkable to us.

Coolidge_after_signing_indian_treaty.jpg

Do not doubt that we appreciate you.

- Murphy's Roommate

• Like 2

Woensdag

I will do a decent reply  sometime.

It is raining here since last night. It is great, we did not have much rain in the past three months. It also meant we had a power failure last night, and the internet were funny.

It was a public holiday. I took things relaxed, I seem to be making progress on the big blade, and I sprayed poison for the ant infestation in the kitchen.

No gardening due to the rain, lots of cleaning done due to lack of internet, shower done.

Computer off at 9:05, light at 10:10, and a lot of bad dreams and waking up eventually at 5.

No exercise, no stretching.

A tiny bit of journal.

• Like 1

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

-Marcus Aurelius

On 3/21/2018 at 9:25 AM, elizevdmerwe said:

I think (by the sounds of it) glass to come? ;)

I have done glass work. I will probably do it again someday but for me it is mind-numbingly boring.  So do not expect to see it here soon.

On 3/21/2018 at 5:50 PM, campbellmc22 said:

May you be productive and the weather cooperate!

It has been raining non-stop for the past three days. It makes for feeling unproductive, but since it is our first decent rain of this summer and probably our last rain we will take it and enjoy it.

On 3/22/2018 at 3:15 AM, Snarkyfishguts said:

There is a quiet persistence to it. 

I always thought of my challenges as bloody minded. But I like yours better.

On 3/22/2018 at 4:31 AM, Murphy's Roommate said:

Do not doubt that we appreciate you.

Thank you. 

Donderdag.

It rained the whole day.

The kitten slept on my lap for most of the evening. I did some cleaning eventually but for a while  I thought that I am going to have a kitten excuse.

No gardening due to rain, cleaning done, shower done.

Computer off at 9:30, lights at 10:07 and I woke at 4:30.

Squats and stretching done.

A tiny bit of journal.

• Like 2

Jakkals, 2019 nommer 3

Spoiler

-Marcus Aurelius