• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RevQu

RevQu crawling out of the ashes

So, I've been in a dark place.  It was a rough winter and life got me, hardcore.  I'm sorry for vanishing and not keeping up with my buddies here.

I feel like I'm finally crawling out of my pit of despair, and I have kept thinking, as I edged back toward the light, that I need to do something for myself.  And what I would really like to do, since it is only March and I have a few months, is kick some ass and be in (comparatively) great shape by the time summer arrives.  That would feel so fantastic.

So here I am, pulling myself out of the rubble and committing to this challenge, like I have never committed before.  I am in and I am doing it.

My diet goal: no added sugar.  I know plenty about eating well and it just comes down to the fact that I don't do so if there's a sugary treat alternative...when I don't eat sugar I eat fine, so it's really that simple.

Fitness goals: step goal minimum of 10,000 but I'm aiming for 14,000 daily.

BBWW three times a week 

But the major goal I have right now is to be accountable and post here every other day minimum but preferably daily.  I'm going to log food intake and physical activity to have a record and so you guys can nudge me as needed.  

I don't know what my goal weight is because I have much more muscle now than the last time I was 'thin', so I don't know how much I need to lose.  My fat is concentrated abdominally (which I know isn't healthy).  I've seen results before upping my movement and skipping the crap food, but haven't managed to sustain it long term...this challenge I'm sticking to it.  Next challenge I'll see how far I've come and maybe get more specific to hit my ideal result, but for now it's all about moving more and getting my diet under control (that's what usually undermines me).

So here I am.  I'm back and I'm serious and I NEED this.

Let's kick some ass.

• Like 2

I'm trying to cut down on processed sugar too. And it's very hard for me to do! What's your guiltiest guilty sweet treat? I'm not sure I can pick just one...probably ice cream though. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, elinox said:

I'm trying to cut down on processed sugar too. And it's very hard for me to do! What's your guiltiest guilty sweet treat? I'm not sure I can pick just one...probably ice cream though. 

Ice cream is a hard one for me too!  My worst is probably milk chocolate; most currently I have a terrible weakness for KitKat bars lol.

I find when I give up sugar, I am okay and cravings go by the wayside quickly if I avoid it 100%...it's moderation that I seem to be truly incapable of!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bean Sidhe said:

@RevQu Poke poke. hows the first few days going?

I probably should have said in my post that I was using zero week to prep and that I was starting officially Monday.  So today is my day one!!  I am excited and will be back this evening to report on my goals for the day. :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RevQu said:

I probably should have said in my post that I was using zero week to prep and that I was starting officially Monday.  So today is my day one!!  I am excited and will be back this evening to report on my goals for the day. :)

Okay, I wasn't sure. Looking forward to the update

• Like 1

Whoops, last night got busy!

Day one was good but not perfect.  I got just under 8000 steps (silly me felt like I was totally on track but as it turned out the cleaning jobs that were kicking my butt involved a lot more bending and stretching than walking lol).

I had eggs and blueberries for breakfast and chicken-and-veggie wraps for supper.  Drank lots of water and ingested no sugar.  So not terrible at all.

I realized I have no idea where my tape measure is to take starting measurements, and I also have no scale here.  I may have only photo data at this rate lol.

I'm off to take a quick walk and do the BBWW!

It's cold here but the sun is shining and man is that a nice change. :)

• Like 1

On 21/03/2018 at 1:54 AM, RevQu said:

Day one was good but not perfect.  I got just under 8000 steps (silly me felt like I was totally on track but as it turned out the cleaning jobs that were kicking my butt involved a lot more bending and stretching than walking lol).

So frustrating! When I used to track steps I would get cross with the device. It would say I'd only done X number of steps and I'd be like, "But SO MANY of those were up stairs, don't I get extra credit for that!?" :P

But even if your tracker doesn't know, we know you're smashing this challenge and rooting for you! :D

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Lateral Planet said:

So frustrating! When I used to track steps I would get cross with the device. It would say I'd only done X number of steps and I'd be like, "But SO MANY of those were up stairs, don't I get extra credit for that!?" :P

But even if your tracker doesn't know, we know you're smashing this challenge and rooting for you! :D

Haha the trackers frustrate me too!  I want extra credit for how much i sweat scrubbing my bathtub, but I sure wasn't taking a lot of steps lol.

I used to have a Fitbit which counted flights of stairs and I loved that!  The tracker I have now doesn't.

Thanks for the support!!! :D

• Like 1

What a crazy busy week to start a challenge off in, lol.

Tuesday: I came in just under 9000 steps.  I did the BBWW.  Leftover chicken and veggies for breakfast, salmon wrap for lunch, and more leftover chicken for supper.  No sugar, go me.

Wednesday: Again just under 9000 steps.  It was a crazy busy day.  I had salmon with spinach and shredded cabbage for breakfast.  Missed lunch, got hungry and had a hard boiled egg, some grapes and a few cheese and crackers.  I had a small bowl of ricotta cheese sauce pasta at supper (which sounded lie it would be good but was quite bland), had to run to an evening event with a kid, and later had cheese and crackers rather than a sugary snack when I got home starving late.

So what I've learned thus far is that I thought 10,000 steps would be easy as I do very little sitting these days, but it's not as easy as I thought at all lol.  While I'm not on my butt a lot, I do more standing than walking at my necessary day-to-day business.  I need to carve out the time for either a longer walk, or a second walk.

So I'm low on steps, but otherwise pretty on track so far.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RevQu said:

What a crazy busy week to start a challenge off in, lol.

Tuesday: I came in just under 9000 steps.  I did the BBWW.  Leftover chicken and veggies for breakfast, salmon wrap for lunch, and more leftover chicken for supper.  No sugar, go me.

Wednesday: Again just under 9000 steps.  It was a crazy busy day.  I had salmon with spinach and shredded cabbage for breakfast.  Missed lunch, got hungry and had a hard boiled egg, some grapes and a few cheese and crackers.  I had a small bowl of ricotta cheese sauce pasta at supper (which sounded lie it would be good but was quite bland), had to run to an evening event with a kid, and later had cheese and crackers rather than a sugary snack when I got home starving late.

So what I've learned thus far is that I thought 10,000 steps would be easy as I do very little sitting these days, but it's not as easy as I thought at all lol.  While I'm not on my butt a lot, I do more standing than walking at my necessary day-to-day business.  I need to carve out the time for either a longer walk, or a second walk.

So I'm low on steps, but otherwise pretty on track so far.

It sounds like you have had a very busy week. although don't you hate when the trackers don't see how hard you worked. I will say I have noticed my fitbit doesn't count as well when I am carrying things so that may be part of the problem as well. That being said, I think your doing great for the starting point. Could you do a short second walk at some point to try to add in a few more steps?

Keep up the good work, I know you got this.

Yesterday I had three eggs, an apple and some grapes at breakfast.  I missed lunch, had half a can of salmon when I got hungry as a snack, then had chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans and salad for supper.

I avoided sugar successfully but my steps were crap at just over 5000.  For whatever reason I was exhausted yesterday and decided I would just follow those cues and take it easier than usual.  I might be fighting off a bit of a cold, or maybe I'm just having sugar detox lol.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, RevQu said:

I avoided sugar successfully but my steps were crap at just over 5000.  For whatever reason I was exhausted yesterday and decided I would just follow those cues and take it easier than usual.  I might be fighting off a bit of a cold, or maybe I'm just having sugar detox lol.

Either way, doing the rest day may not have been a bad idea. hopefully you are feeling more yourself today. Overall, I think your doing great.

• Like 1

Ok so I suck at posting on weekends apparently? Duly noted.

I have not touched sugar since the challenge started, which means I have made it over a week.  Go me! That's pretty much my only victory though lol.  I am behind on BBWW and haven't been hitting 10k steps (although I'm usually not way below, and I think I will hit it today)

the diet victory feels really good though.  That's a hard thing for me and I know it's a big piece of the puzzle.

• Like 1

Today I had steak and an egg with sautéed onions and cabbage for breakfast, a salmon wrap with spinach at lunch.  Not very hungry this evening but I had a little chicken and green beans when the kids ate.

I should be close to 10k steps today, and have eaten no sugar since the challenge began.  Easter this weekend might prove to be more of a challenge, but who knows.  So far I haven't felt too tempted as long as I remember to have good foods available before I get to the 'past hungry', rage-y point.

• Like 1

That step goal is amazing! I don't think I could ever commit to something like that on such a regular basis. Great work!

On 3/28/2018 at 6:12 PM, RevQu said:

and have eaten no sugar since the challenge began

That's really good. You should be priding yourself on that. That's awesome.

• Like 2

On 2018-03-30 at 12:24 AM, Taffythecat said:

That step goal is amazing! I don't think I could ever commit to something like that on such a regular basis. Great work!

That's really good. You should be priding yourself on that. That's awesome.

Haha I would feel amazing about it if I was reaching it regularly, but as it turns out I was overestimating how easy it would be!  Lol.  We had a resurgence of winter here that is really limiting a number of the ways I anticipated I would be getting steps in.

but all forward momentum is good right?? ;)

So I fell off the sugar wagon over Easter, in a large and profound way!  It's like I'm a junkie.  When I am not eating sugar, I am fine.  As soon as I start, I have no self control or moderation at all!!

I am back on track this week but yeah...it was quite a flop after having gone so long without an issue.

today I had three eggs and half a cup of blueberries for breakfast, a couple all-natural pepperoni sticks and some carrots when I got hungry mid day, and for supper I had steak with sautéed onions, cabbage and carrots.

• Like 1

Today I ate two eggs and about two cups of sautéed broccoli with butter and a little feta cheese for breakfast.  I had salmon and romaine lettuce at lunch and homemade meatballs with some veggies at dinnertime, then an apple.

trying to get better at drinking water throughout the day.

im close to 10k steps for the day but not there.  The weather really needs to clear up around here!

• Like 1

So I am sorry I disappeared on you. It looks like your doing okay overall. Although I totally agree that the weather needs to figure itself out. We have snow predicted for tomorrow. like 2 inches of snow, in april. I want to start moving plants outside. That requires no snow.

For the water, is there a way you could set a reminder to go of to refill your cup or take a drink?

You can do this, I know you can.

On 4/5/2018 at 8:04 PM, RevQu said:

Today I ate two eggs and about two cups of sautéed broccoli with butter and a little feta cheese for breakfast.  I had salmon and romaine lettuce at lunch and homemade meatballs with some veggies at dinnertime, then an apple.

trying to get better at drinking water throughout the day.

im close to 10k steps for the day but not there.  The weather really needs to clear up around here!

How are you doing Rev?

On 2018-04-09 at 7:23 AM, Bean Sidhe said:

How are you doing Rev?

I am doing well I think.  I am not on the ball with all of my specific challenge goals but I feel like I am headed in the right direction.

orher than my Easter weekend issues, I have avoided sugar this challenge completely, and for the past week I've also cut out grain and eaten a more or less primal/paleo diet

• Like 1

I am doing well I think.  I am not on the ball with all of my specific challenge goals but I feel like I am headed in the right direction.

Sometimes the goals just don't work out, but it sounds like you are still making progress which is a huge first step.

orher than my Easter weekend issues, I have avoided sugar this challenge completely, and for the past week I've also cut out grain and eaten a more or less primal/paleo diet

That is very awesome that you have avoided the sugar and now cutting out grain. I am so happy to hear things are going well. I know with all the challenges you have, you are making amazing progress. Are you feeling any difference between they way you ate before to the way your eating now?