• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

zeroh13

Zeroh Searches for Spring

Both yesterday and today turned out way longer than I expected. Yesterday, I helped out with a training that was supposed to go till 8pm, maybe 8:30. I didn't get out till past 10pm. And I had been at work since 10am.

Today, we went to the library to submit a passport application for my wife. That didn't take long. Then she went home and I went clothes shopping. I'm not even gonna say how long I was at that store. *Sigh*

But highlight of the day, we got bubble tea after we were done at the library. ^_^

• Like 4

Hey, Zero, did you have time to think about your challenge goals? Did you dig into this intuitive eating stuff? Have you seen Spring now? Have there been confirmed sightings of the easter bunny? Did you at least get all the clothes that you wanted? Is bubble tea really that good?

• Like 2

On 3/25/2018 at 2:59 PM, Iceburner said:

Hey, Zero, did you have time to think about your challenge goals? 

Briefly. I'm not really sure how much time I have for a challenge right now. 

Did you dig into this intuitive eating stuff?

Not yet, but the book's due back April 7th so I need to get on that.

Have you seen Spring now? Have there been confirmed sightings of the easter bunny? 

It snowed briefly yesterday. So who knows when Spring will show up. And I've only seen fake bunnies made out of chocolate.

Did you at least get all the clothes that you wanted? 

Sort of. I'm still in search of a nice sweater vest or two. 

But I got some clothes I didn't know I wanted until I saw them. There was a Christmas Star Wars PJ set, a pair of fleece sweatpants with skulls, and a long sleeve Pokemon t-shirt. (I love the clearance section.) :D

Is bubble tea really that good?

Yes! It's amazing, especially when you get it from a place that knows what it's doing. Where we went, you can choose from a variety of teas, milk teas, slushes, and some other stuff. And then you pick extras and toppings, like the bubbles. They also have some jellies, like aloe and fig. You also can't beat a name like Kung Fu Tea.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

Where we went, you can choose from a variety of teas, milk teas, slushes, and some other stuff. And then you pick extras and toppings, like the bubbles.

Bubble tea rocks! But I feel like I’m the only person who doesn’t like the tapioca in bubble tea, I always get it without.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Plazmotic said:

Bubble tea rocks! But I feel like I’m the only person who doesn’t like the tapioca in bubble tea, I always get it without.

Wouldn't that just make it regular tea?

• Like 2

On 3/27/2018 at 12:10 PM, zeroh13 said:

Wouldn't that just make it regular tea?

On 3/27/2018 at 1:43 PM, Plazmotic said:

giphy.gif

I feel like the milk tea they have at boba places is still pretty unique, tapioca or not!

• Like 3

On 4/6/2018 at 11:32 AM, Bean Sidhe said:

Hows the job going @zeroh13

1.gif

I didn't realize how much I was working, until I saw on my paystub that I had worked over 70 hours in one week. Then add fitting in a doctor appointment, a psychiatrist appointment, and a therapist appointment. And then add trying to find work clothes (nice pants and button up shirts) that fit. And on top of that, going to the bar with my new co-workers. (Which was a completely new experience for me.)

And the Intuitive Eating book was due back at the library today, so I read/skimmed through the whole thing this morning. (I couldn't renew it because someone else has a hold on it.) It has some good information, but nothing groundbreaking. A good chunk of it was stuff I already knew (and try to do). Also, it was written for an audience of "chronic dieters", which, based on how they describe it, I'm not. There's a lot of focus on a pattern of diet <-> binge. And on the harms of making certain foods forbidden. (Neither of those are things I do. There was some stuff in there that described me, but that seemed to be in the minority.) I like the concept, but I just had a lot of trouble getting into the book.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

1.gif

We are glad you are at least checking in, but based on the information above, I think you earned a bit of down time.

13 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

I didn't realize how much I was working, until I saw on my paystub that I had worked over 70 hours in one week. Then add fitting in a doctor appointment, a psychiatrist appointment, and a therapist appointment. And then add trying to find work clothes (nice pants and button up shirts) that fit. And on top of that, going to the bar with my new co-workers. (Which was a completely new experience for me.)

So are the coworkers a bit better at the new place than the old place?  Be here when you can. we understand life is a bit different right now.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

We are glad you are at least checking in, but based on the information above, I think you earned a bit of down time.

I'm a bit of a workaholic, so I'm not very good at giving myself downtime. Which I definitely need to work on.

So are the coworkers a bit better at the new place than the old place?  Be here when you can. we understand life is a bit different right now.

The other supervisors, yes. The people I'm supervising? No. Except now I can write people up for not doing their job.

It looks like I won't have time to do proper challenges for a few months, so I'm trying to decide how I want to do things. Because I know if I don't have any goals (posted in a place that will help keep me accountable), I won't work on anything.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

I'm a bit of a workaholic, so I'm not very good at giving myself downtime. Which I definitely need to work on.

Coming from a long line of worka holics, I totally understand

The other supervisors, yes. The people I'm supervising? No. Except now I can write people up for not doing their job.

Both of these at least sound like a plus.

It looks like I won't have time to do proper challenges for a few months, so I'm trying to decide how I want to do things. Because I know if I don't have any goals (posted in a place that will help keep me accountable), I won't work on anything.

Could you use it as a place to identify things that may need worked on once things settle down. Or work on making sure your taking enough down time each day?

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Could you use it as a place to identify things that may need worked on once things settle down. Or work on making sure your taking enough down time each day?

The problem is, most likely, things won't really settle down until October. And I don't see the list of things to work on as being any different from the one I already have. Down time is important, but I can't put everything else on hold for half a year. 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

The problem is, most likely, things won't really settle down until October. And I don't see the list of things to work on as being any different from the one I already have. Down time is important, but I can't put everything else on hold for half a year. 

That makes sense. Hopefully you can find something that will work between now and then

• Like 2