Daily Dare (March 19 - April 15)

Oh my word, this one was sooooo hard,  I wanted to give up after about 30 seconds :(  I somehow managed to get through it, but by the end my kicks were only about ankle high :(

Does that need to go into the modified category?

• Like 1
HUNTER OF ALL THINGS SHINY

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

19 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Oh my word, this one was sooooo hard,  I wanted to give up after about 30 seconds :(  I somehow managed to get through it, but by the end my kicks were only about ankle high :(

Does that need to go into the modified category?

Nobody answered you yet, and I don't want you to lose momentum!

In my opinion, the challenge did not specify how high your kicks had to be.  You were kicking and doing the best you could, and you achieved the letter of the challenge, so I suggest it does not need to be modified.

• Like 1

Level 1 NPC Assassin

Strength: 2Dexterity: 0 Stamina: 3 Constitution: 1 Wisdom: 4Charisma: 0

Current Quest  |  Previous Quest Current Stats

Weight Loss Goal: 40 of 116 lbs; 296 to 180

{progress='1e90ff'}34.5{/progress}

Glad today's was relatively easy too.  I almost got another extra credit point; my bad knee's muscles are really strong (have to do the work usually done by ligaments, as much as possible), and that leg down... I could do the full minute, woo.  Not so the ... good leg... which currently seems my worse leg?:confused:

Level 1 NPC Assassin

Strength: 2Dexterity: 0 Stamina: 3 Constitution: 1 Wisdom: 4Charisma: 0

Current Quest  |  Previous Quest Current Stats

Weight Loss Goal: 40 of 116 lbs; 296 to 180

{progress='1e90ff'}34.5{/progress}

21 hours ago, Eskcanta said:

I suggest it does not need to be modified.

I am going to go ahead and include it, but if the the ref wants to challenge the ruling I will change to whatever is appropriate.

Standing tucks were harder than expected, but I think part of that was because I was trying to get my tuck as tight as possible because tight tucks are a focus area for me right now.

Raised leg hold shouldn't be too bad

Intro Thread   Challenge Log   Bodyweight Exercise Library   Recipe Book   Shuffle Club 

Level 2 Ninja

Strength: 13 Intelligence: 14 Wisdom: 6 Dexterity:14 Constitution: 12 Charisma: 11

Almost forgot the arm scissors but got them in at the last minute.  The leg raise hold thing was interesting, if I positioned my hips like it showed in the picture I could only get my leg up a couple of inches but if I rotated either forward or backward a bit I could get it up significantly higher.  Not sure what that says about my hip mobility, but I suspect it isn't good ;) 

Level 2 Ninja

4 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Almost forgot the arm scissors but got them in at the last minute.  The leg raise hold thing was interesting, if I positioned my hips like it showed in the picture I could only get my leg up a couple of inches but if I rotated either forward or backward a bit I could get it up significantly higher.  Not sure what that says about my hip mobility, but I suspect it isn't good ;) 

Same. And then bending the leg even slightly made it a lot easier to hold up. 

• Like 1

they / them  |  half-orc paladin ( oath of the watcher )   --   lv 0

Challenge 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20Battle Log ~ Epic Quest

I was doing the one arm-one leg plank last night as was finding it impossible to get any balance and had to give up after 30 seconds.  Then I realized I was trying to lift my arm and leg on the same side :D no wonder I couldn't balance.  Managed to get the EC once I resolved the brain fart :D:D:D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Level 2 Ninja

9 hours ago, IAmInfinite said:

Why have the past two days been so core arms lift focused? That's where I'm hurting!

I think it is because they are saving the leg stuff for when I have leg day..,. :D 

• Like 1

Level 2 Ninja

I missed the head raise ones.  I remembered I needed to do them this morning but got distracted by other stuff and by the time I realized it the time was already passed :(   I got in the bicycle crunches, though.

Level 2 Ninja

Ahh, WhiteGhost you're such an inspiration with doing this daily. 

Also, with the crunches, did you do them more as twist sit ups, or staying at the top and just switching side to side? Because I was definitely more of the latter ....

• Thanks 1

they / them  |  half-orc paladin ( oath of the watcher )   --   lv 0

Challenge 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20Battle Log ~ Epic Quest

7 hours ago, IAmInfinite said:

Also, with the crunches, did you do them more as twist sit ups, or staying at the top and just switching side to side? Because I was definitely more of the latter ....

I did them keeping my shoulder blades off the ground and then bringing my knees up to my elbows.  If that's what you mean by staying at the top, then that's what I did too :) 

Today's high knees were really tough, it felt more like 5 minutes than 2.  I'm pretty sure time slowed down somehow between when I started and when I finished... :D

Level 2 Ninja

I haven't been good about doing these, but I did the one-arm one-leg plank thing several days ago. No extra credit. I was still sick then, so wondering whether that one was actually difficult or if I was just a little out of it. Must re-try some day.

Today I was totally confused. Clicked on the DD site on my phone and saw hip raises (bridges). I remember doing those during the first week and was confused that we would have them again. Just check the site now and saw it was actually tree pose for today (I was looking at an old link). So anyway, tree pose with EC.

• Like 1

Xena, Level 14+ Valkyrie Ranger

January 2017  December 2016

Oct/Nov 2016

I did the elbow clicks but haven't done anything since.  I am not sure if my number is up to date or not, but ti should be within 1.

Need to get back into these tonight

Level 2 Ninja