Thank you and howdy. 

I'm a bit overweight and my stamina is not where I want it to be.  I want to eat healthier, last longer when playing with my daughter and doing other physical activities like riding our bikes and hiking.  I want to feel healthier and stay attractive for my wife. 

I am currently at 230lbs. @ 6' tall.  I do want to weigh less, but more importantly I want to look and feel better, and be a good healthy role model for my daughter.

14 hours ago, TrekDad said:

Thank you and howdy. 

I'm a bit overweight and my stamina is not where I want it to be.  I want to eat healthier, last longer when playing with my daughter and doing other physical activities like riding our bikes and hiking.  I want to feel healthier and stay attractive for my wife. 

I am currently at 230lbs. @ 6' tall.  I do want to weigh less, but more importantly I want to look and feel better, and be a good healthy role model for my daughter.

Welcome friend! I'm so glad you found your way to our fabulous corner of the Internet! Does your username mean you are interested in Star Trek, by chance? Or does it refer to your enjoyment of hiking?

Do you have a pretty good idea of what sorts of changes you need to make to your diet, or more general?

• Like 1

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 53

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

3 hours ago, TrekDad said:

Ah, Star Trek mostly, but walking or biking in the woods is a pleasure. 

Matter of fact I'm wearing a ball cap today with a gold delta pin on it (admittedly DSC).

Well, my whole challenge this month is ST:VOY themed, so I was hoping you meant Star Trek!  :D  I'm working my way sequentially through Voyager and then will move on to DS9. 

I'd heard a lot of bad things about both VOY and DS9, but so far VOY is actually my favorite of all the series, so I have high hopes for DS9 too. Plus, Sisko rocks!  :) 

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers

I won't tell you my opinions of VOY then.  :P  Other than to say the ship is a beauty and The Doctor should be in every Trek.  Picardo did a wonderful job as that character. 

However, I dearly love DS9.  I hope you enjoy it, and always remember, you cannot defeat The Sisko!

Your Challenge is VOY?  What kind of challenge is it if I may ask?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TrekDad said:

I won't tell you my opinions of VOY then.  :P  Other than to say the ship is a beauty and The Doctor should be in every Trek.  Picardo did a wonderful job as that character. 

However, I dearly love DS9.  I hope you enjoy it, and always remember, you cannot defeat The Sisko!

Your Challenge is VOY?  What kind of challenge is it if I may ask?

Each month (well, technically 5 weeks; there's a "week zero" for recuperation in between), many NF members create challenges for themselves, where they set some short-term goals that will move them a little closer to their long-term goals over the course of four weeks. This month, I structured my challenge as if I were an ensign on Voyager.

Here's some more information about the guilds and the challenges - can't believe I didn't send you this in the first place:

And here's the link to my current challenge:  

We're still early enough in the challenge cycle that you could still create a thread if you wanted!

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART