Welcome in Laura! I have a friend that has MS and she managed to get a bit better and control it with strength training. not sure if there was anything else that she did along side that... but hey!!

Welcome in! People here are pretty cool, super supportive and all! What sort of strength training are you doing?

• Like 2

Intro: Intro thread

Current challenge: Shoobie's baby steps to greatness

Eventually, all the pieces fall into place. Until then, laugh at the confusion, live for the moment, and know that everything happens for a reason - Carrie Bradshaw

51 minutes ago, shoobie said:

Welcome in Laura! I have a friend that has MS and she managed to get a bit better and control it with strength training. not sure if there was anything else that she did along side that... but hey!!

Welcome in! People here are pretty cool, super supportive and all! What sort of strength training are you doing?

Thanks shoobie. MS is different for everyone. I am happy I can still walk which means I can do squats. Yay! I like weight and body weight training. I am starting over with dumbbells and kettlebells. Nothing too heavy right now. I am working up to double digit weights. :-)

• Like 1
On 3/16/2018 at 9:24 AM, lala1972 said:

Hi I'm Laura and I recently started back with strength training. I have multiple sclerosis. I am still mobile and I have always had a interest in weights. So I'm beginning a new journey. By the way I'm 45 and married with two boys. 

2 hours ago, Rebel Dan said:

Welcome, I am brand new to NF also. Glad to see other people making the first steps to a stronger life.

giphy.gif

Welcome to both of you!! It's so good to have you here!  :)  Laura, have you checked out any posts in the Warriors guild yet? Or if you're interested in more diverse or varied training, you can pop over to my own beloved guild, the Rangers!!  ;) 

Dan, what sorts of things are you interested in working on? Congrats on making your very first post!!

• Like 1

SKY ELVENWORD NOBLEHEART

The Silver Archer, Ranger Level 53

Jesus-follower | Writer | Encourager | Resident Myers-Briggs and Enneagram Geek 

"Knowing that we can be loved exactly as we are gives us all the best opportunity for growing into the healthiest of people." - Fred Rogers