• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Will35

Help with meal plans

I really need a meal plan laid out for me and one that does not go past $250 a month.   I do not like raw veggies, so I would have to toast or bake stuff like carrotts or spinach. Otherwise I may need the nutribullet sooner than later. Also, I can't have nuts. 

But I just need to know how to go about preparing meals. The diet I have been on is very boring. Plain oatmeal, low sodium Jif natural PB(it does taste better than regular), whole wheat bread, unsweet tea(some shortcuts occur and I tend to drink a sweet tea at least once a day but not with too much sugar. I mix unsweet with sweet at Subway at school. McDonald's is less sweeter than KFC, BK, and Hardeez. Bojangles is the best).

I'm eating vegetable soup atm but without beans because it messes me up. Just carrotts, tomatoes, corn, hamburger meat and this is usually can stuff.  I'm a picky eater, but that should not keep me from improving physically.

What particular foods also "build" muscle?

NF has a few blog posts on meal prep which are a very good place to start:

https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/a-step-by-step-guide-to-meal-planning-and-prep/

https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/10-meals/

However YMMV based on how picky you are. 

13 minutes ago, Will35 said:

What particular foods also "build" muscle?

Protein. :) 

I was eating protein bars recently(Quest zero) and they were really good. Especially the baked apple pie. But they are expensive. I tend to have protein after working out and have gone back to whey shakes, which has more protein than a bar by a few grams but less calories.  PB has protein as well. And chicken. Which I have eaten a lot of from eating out(Xaxbys, Chik-fil-a, Bojangles especially).  But I need to look into this stuff. I think I need to finally bite the bullet and get the nutribullet to help with fruit and veggie intake. 

19 hours ago, Will35 said:

Is that for losing weight? 

It would really depend on you specific caloric needs. Those would give you meals and you could add in additional snacks or sides if you needed more calories pretty easily.