Unquiet Bones vs. *dramatic music* STAIRS! *thunder crash*

Hello again! :D

I took last challenge off because life, but I'm back in the saddle and ready to get back to AIBARN'ing! :D (Am I Being Assassin-y Right Now) I've actually been doing relatively well in the interim, but as the days get warmer and life gets more chaotic I need to start working up to the oncoming boss battles. 

So.

STAIRS.

Right now stairs are kicking my butt. My knees don't like them. My lower back doesn't like them. My hips aren't fond of them either... and of all the things in my life, this seems like the easiest battle to win. Thus my challenge for this next, err, challenge is to get back to the point where walking up and down one flight of stairs is no big deal. Will I actually manage that in one challenge? ...No idea actually! XD

But I will be be: Walking up and down a few steps at a time. Finding exercises/stretches/etc. that help build the muscles and balance needed for said stairs. Losing weight (which will help with both the balance and the needed muscle power).

It may not be the most assassin-y thing ever, but before I start bouncing off walls (or climbing them) I need to start slow.

Oh, and I'm also in the midst of a Biggest Loser challenge at work in which I am attempting to reboot my diet. And maybe stop drinking Diet Coke. ...I need more bootstraps. o_O;

AND... I am getting my wisdom teeth out on April 2nd and it is TERRIFYING THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS OUT OF ME. 

AND... work is probably going to have some big dramatic announcement about the future of my department on the last thursday of this month.

*facepalm*

AND... I'm doing Camp NaNoWrimo, because I have no concept of how not to overcommit.

• Like 2

Learning the art of Failing Upwards... (or: Moving Mountains with Teaspoons!)

www.Martha.net - Model Horses, Stories, Webcomics, Plaster Casting, Treadmill Gaming, etc... because you can never have too many hobbies!

Day 1

• Walking - 1 mile doggo walk, hit 7k steps for the day (woot!)
  • Stairs - 1 set (up and down), no pausing on either trip
  • Bodyweight - not today
  • Stretches - not today
  • Weight - as of 3pm 244.0 (starting weight for biggest loser was 251, so yay!)
  • Breakfast - skipped (forgot to pack), hardboiled eggs in the kiosk looked sketchy so did not buy any
  • Lunch - leftover curry, not enough, hungry :(
  • Dinner - Moe's salad, no meat, lotsa veggies, sour cream and guac instead of dressing, small handful of chips
  • Snacks - Welch's Fruit Snacks (tiny pack), 1/4 of a cake donut, cucumber with a tiny bit of ranch and some parmesan cheese
  • Diet Coke - 20oz bottle, large Moe's soda
  • Art - not today
  • Writing - not today
  • Bullet Journaling - not today
  • Etsy - mailed the two orders and the show donation
  • Teeths - brushed the heck outta them! :)
  • Adulting - empty and refill kitty litter
  • Bed Time - went to bed at 9, played on the web until 9:45

www.Martha.net - Model Horses, Stories, Webcomics, Plaster Casting, Treadmill Gaming, etc... because you can never have too many hobbies!

On 3/17/2018 at 4:28 PM, UnquietBones said:

It may not be the most assassin-y thing ever,

... Reframe this to something along the lines of:

On 3/17/2018 at 4:28 PM, UnquietBones said:

Right now stairs are kicking my butt. My knees don't like them. My lower back doesn't like them. My hips aren't fond of them either... and of all the things in my life, this seems like the easiest battle to win. Thus my challenge for this next, err, challenge is to get back to the point where walking up and down one flight of stairs is no big deal. Will I actually manage that in one challenge? ...No idea actually! XD

But I will be be: Walking up and down a few steps at a time. Finding exercises/stretches/etc. that help build the muscles and balance needed for said stairs. Losing weight (which will help with both the balance and the needed muscle power). [actually doing it].

Something's in your way, you're out to make it not in your way. Still want to say that's not assassin-y?

You got this. Following for the win. 

• Like 2

Manarelle the Level 55 Amazon Assassin

Gryffindarling and Sith Acolyte, somehow.

Challenges: 1-1011-2021-3031-4041-50, 51-60, Current

Day 2

• Walking - 
  • Stairs - 
  • Bodyweight - 
  • Stretches - Weight - as of 3:40pm 243.0
  • Breakfast - skipped on purpose
  • Lunch - chinese buffet, whole bunch of broccoli little bit of chicken, one medium eggroll
  • Dinner - homemade chicken teriyaki, lots of broccoli, little bit of rice
  • Snacks - flavored almonds, one pork rind (which was very odd), Trident gum
  • Diet Coke - large Moe's soda (refill from last night)
  • Art - 
  • Writing - 
  • Bullet Journaling - 
  • Etsy - sat down and calculated the perfect image size to fill all of Etsy's requirements (gallery, listing, zoom) and did a blog post about it
  • Teeths -
  • Adulting - load of dishes, scrubbed out the sink, cooked dinnars, cooked lunches
  • Bed Time -

I know it's not specifically part of your challenge, but I'm curious about bullet journaling. Is it a thing you currently do or that you're trying to start doing?

Having just recently taken up journaling (in any form -- which right now is totally sans form) I'm curious.

Level 11 Brutish Scoutsassin (That's totally a thing, shut up)

Str: 30 Dex: 26 Sta: 27 Con: 11 Wis: 23 Cha: 18

NerdFitness Trials: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Hellfire Club 4LIFE!

Inspiration comes in many forms. Watch me fumble towards it at Accidentally Inspired.

How are you doing after having the wisdom teeth out? If I remember correctly from when I had mine out, this is about the time that you start to feel like a normal human again.

Challenge:   0   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27   28   29   30   31   32   33  

On 3/20/2018 at 7:32 PM, Pavowski said:

I know it's not specifically part of your challenge, but I'm curious about bullet journaling. Is it a thing you currently do or that you're trying to start doing?

Having just recently taken up journaling (in any form -- which right now is totally sans form) I'm curious.

Bullet journaling is a thing I have been trying to do, but I constantly forget that I am journaling and thus don't use it. I'm experimenting with a bunch of different methods and layouts and I'll be continuing that in the new challenge (only with pics this time!)

On 4/10/2018 at 3:06 AM, juliebarkley said:

How are you doing after having the wisdom teeth out? If I remember correctly from when I had mine out, this is about the time that you start to feel like a normal human again.

It took me sooooo long to finally start feeling better enough to have a bowl of raw veggies for lunch! But I'm finally back to that point! :D:D *points to lunch* So, yeah, while it wasn't fun I really don't regret doing it because they really did need to come out and the pain wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I also slept a LOT more than I thought I would-- Vicodin knocks me right the heck out! :P

Right... so this challenge was pretty much a failure in terms of stairs, but for wins:

• Got my wisdom teeth out, took about two weeks before I was feeling anything like normal again. First week was horrible, more or less constant pain (but not crippling), pain meds would knock me right out, and all food had to be gushy food.
  • On that note, I did stop drinking Diet Coke and it is now a sometimes food.
  • I did some art and some writing, but a lot of the time was spent curled up in beg with the Loyal Doggos (and semi-loyal cat) and watching Netflix. So. Much. Anime. *happy noises*

And now I am back and ready to get back on track... so time for a new challenge! :)

• Like 1