• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

zeroh13

Time Rebels: The Dino Age!

TIME REBELS

The Dino Age!

It sounded like easy money. The University needed to test something or other that sounded like it had every letter in the alphabet in its name. All you had to do was sign a release form, and then hang out in the room with the other participants. And not touch the device in the center of the room. And that was it. But when someone is offering you easy money, and a lot of it, there's always a catch isn't there?

For a moment, things got weird. Like, really weird.

AISN.gif

And then everything was normal. And you would be tempted to say that nothing happened. That was too weird to be real, right? Except everyone else was looking just as confused as you. And smoke was coming from the device. A lot of smoke. There’s no windows, so all you could do was open the door...

Dinosaurs-animals-of-past-HD-Wallpaper-1

Last time you checked, dinosaurs were extinct.

~~~

To join this mini challenge, click on the link below. You’ll be taken to a short survey. Once it’s submitted you’ll be added to the list and assigned a team.

Your team assignments will be announced on Monday (the 19th). The spreadsheet link and challenge directions will also be posted at that time.

There will be two or three teams (depending on the number of participants). Sometimes, you might cooperate with the other team(s). And at other times, you may be competing. Each team will have their own thread in the guild, where you can get to know your teammates better and find ways to help keep each other accountable.

If you have any questions, you can post here or PM me.

Mini challenges are completely optional. They are not meant to detract from or compete with your personal challenges. If you need to drop out for whatever reason, that’s fine. Life happens and we understand. But please tell your teammates! If there are goals you cannot do because of an injury or other restrictions, let me know and we’ll see if we can find an alternative for you.

Remember, this is for fun. Participate responsibly!

• Like 6

THE DINO AGE: WEEK ONE!

The room you arrived in is fairly secure. There's only one way in and out. But you need food. And somewhere to sleep, unless you like sleeping on a hard floor. And a bathroom would be a very good idea. So, it's time to explore and gather some supplies!

Once you're not starving and sleep deprived, it'll be easier to tinker with the device. If you want to repair it. (It looks fairly intact from the outside, but most of the components are a mess of melted plastic and wires, and there's no clear power source.)

~~~

We have two teams for this mini challenge: Team Pterodactyl and Team Velociraptor. Everyone who has signed up can see their assignments on the first page of the spreadsheet. If you are interested in this challenge, but haven't signed up yet, you can still do so by completing the survey in the first post! You do not need to be a member of the Rebel Guild, or have a four week challenge, to participate. Everyone's welcome! :)

SPREADSHEET

For the time being, we're working together to survive. There are three goals this week. You can do as many or as few as you want. You can also add anything you've done Monday and Tuesday.

Add your numbers to the second sheet ("Goals"), and your score will be automatically calculated on the first sheet ("Scores").

EXPLORE!

Cover as much ground as you can in search of supplies. And interesting things that you somehow may need in the future so of course you should hang on to it (but probably won't actually need). First milestone:  Walk 100 km as a group.

PROTECT!

Stand guard and watch over your fellow Rebels and supplies. And try not to die. First milestone: 10 hours of combat related training as a group. This can include classes such as martial arts, fencing, archery, self-defense, etc. It also includes workouts/practice. If you don't know where to start, Darebee has workouts and training plans you can check out. 

SURVIVE!

You aren't going to last very long if you don't eat. Or eat something poisonous. First milestone: Prepare 15 meals that are at least 50% vegetables, as a group.

If you have any questions, just ask here or PM me.

• Like 4

Looks like fun

2 questions

A) Does this include anything we did Tuesday or just Weds onwards?

b ) I need to determine if my lunches count to the meals goal. I am having baked beans for lunches (with maybe 1 strip of bacon for the whole meal) but they came out of a can originally (I did doctor them) with green peppers, celery and olives on the side. I guess its more "Does the Meals one require the main dish be 50% vegetables or main plus sides" 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Looks like fun

2 questions

A) Does this include anything we did Tuesday or just Weds onwards?

It includes Monday and Tuesday. Best guess for those days is fine.

b ) I need to determine if my lunches count to the meals goal. I am having baked beans for lunches (with maybe 1 strip of bacon for the whole meal) but they came out of a can originally (I did doctor them) with green peppers, celery and olives on the side. I guess its more "Does the Meals one require the main dish be 50% vegetables or main plus sides" 

I count a meal as all of the dishes served in one sitting. So, main plus sides. And it doesn't matter what form it comes in. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

SURVIVE!

You aren't going to last very long if you don't eat. Or eat something poisonous. First milestone: Prepare 15 meals that are at least 50% vegetables, as a group.

How does batch cooking play into this?  If I make a pile of roasted vegetables and eat them for lunch for the rest of the week, does that count as 1 meal because it was prepared once or 5 meals because I ate it 5 times?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jlailin said:

How does batch cooking play into this?  If I make a pile of roasted vegetables and eat them for lunch for the rest of the week, does that count as 1 meal because it was prepared once or 5 meals because I ate it 5 times?

That makes sense. I made one batch of beans for lunch for the week. So I have the same issue here.  I  currently updated separately, but I can adjust that

8 minutes ago, zeroh13 said:

It includes Monday and Tuesday. Best guess for those days is fine.

understood, I filled in for those from my Mordor walking info.

8 minutes ago, zeroh13 said:

I count a meal as all of the dishes served in one sitting. So, main plus sides. And it doesn't matter what form it comes in. 

Sounds good, do we need to update what the meals were?

I am not counting the body weight exercises as protect, since they don't really feel combat related.

• Like 1

I feel... Completely useless...

I don't walk

I don't do combat training

I don't prep meals

I guess my post was accurate... I'll just get eaten...

Edit: to be fair, I did prep a meal yesterday... It had 0% veggies though...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jlailin said:

Count them as you eat them. Because stuff happens. For example, say you intended to have your lunch be half veggies and half protein. And then someone brings you a nice freshly baked loaf of bread. You can't resist adding it to your lunch, and now you're at 30% veggies.

5 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

Sounds good, do we need to update what the meals were?

You don't have to, but you can if you want. 

5 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

I am not counting the body weight exercises as protect, since they don't really feel combat related.

Just add in a couple punches. ;)

3 hours ago, Siferiax said:

I feel... Completely useless...

I don't walk

I don't do combat training

I don't prep meals

There's going to be other goals. So you'll get your chance.

I guess my post was accurate... I'll just get eaten...

You'll be fine. As long as someone decides to protect the camp. 

• Like 4

There's going to be other goals. So you'll get your chance.

You'll be fine. As long as someone decides to protect the camp. 

Hooray! Incidentally I may actually go walking :)

No you don't get it, that's always what happens in movies. You just leave the ones less equiped to survive at camp and then go explore. And when you get back and they're gone you have one burden less. ;)

• Like 2

Hi all you rebellious folk!

I just spotted your challenge, this looks awesome!  And exciting.

Joining, with an express personal goal of being Siferiax's survival buddy, if that person will accept that.  Sif ain't going down while an Esk still stands!

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Siferiax said:

No you don't get it, that's always what happens in movies. You just leave the ones less equiped to survive at camp and then go explore. And when you get back and they're gone you have one burden less. ;)

Those are the silly movies where they didn't leave guards to protect camp. Or I make you follow me and we got this.

2 hours ago, Eskcanta said:

Hi all you rebellious folk!

I just spotted your challenge, this looks awesome!  And exciting.

Joining, with an express personal goal of being Siferiax's survival buddy, if that person will accept that.  Sif ain't going down while an Esk still stands!

We are glad to have you, and We haven't lost anyone yet. so another pair of eyes to watch over everyone is never a bad thing.

• Like 4

Those are the silly movies where they didn't leave guards to protect camp. Or I make you follow me and we got this.

;-; I feel loved. I will stick close to you two and survive this!!

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Siferiax said:

;-; I feel loved. I will stick close to you two and survive this!!

Glad to help.

Now lets find some really nice walking sticks we can use for defense as well.

• Like 3

On 3/20/2018 at 9:40 PM, zeroh13 said:

PROTECT!

Stand guard and watch over your fellow Rebels and supplies. And try not to die. First milestone: 10 hours of combat related training as a group. This can include classes such as martial arts, fencing, archery, self-defense, etc. It also includes workouts/practice. If you don't know where to start, Darebee has workouts and training plans you can check out. 

Sooooo one of the dances I'm working on is definitely a dance, so I wouldn't typically classify it under combat related training.  However, this particular dance has many kicks, strong punch movements, and powerful stances/poses (its title is Power).  I wouldn't win any fights by doing the dance moves (unless it was a dance battle :P), but the choreography was definitely inspired by some fighting moves.  Can I count this under protect or is it too far away from actual combat training?  

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Jlailin said:

Sooooo one of the dances I'm working on is definitely a dance, so I wouldn't typically classify it under combat related training.  However, this particular dance has many kicks, strong punch movements, and powerful stances/poses (its title is Power).  I wouldn't win any fights by doing the dance moves (unless it was a dance battle :P), but the choreography was definitely inspired by some fighting moves.  Can I count this under protect or is it too far away from actual combat training?  

You can count it. (And a dance battle sounds fun!)

• Like 2

Woohoo!  Glad to be in.

A few questions:

I have been participating in another minichallenge elsewhere, and as part of that between Monday and now I have gone just under 32 km on an elliptical trainer.  That isn't walking, and I have counted it as part of another challenge.  May I include elliptical distance as distance for "walking" in this challenge, does distance done between my joining your challenge and the challenge having started count, and will your challenge accept distance that has been counted elsewhere as well?  (I will be asking my other challenge's leader if they want "their" distance to be just theirs as well :beguiled:)  I intend to do around another 23.6 miles on the elliptical before next Monday, because of that challenge's needs, so I don't care overmuch about the distance already gone this week and if I can count it.

Likewise I already cooked one meal this week that fits the criteria, and I didn't have anything else counting that, can I throw that (already eaten) meal into the pot?

• Like 2