• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

zeroh13

Time Rebels: The Dino Age!

4 hours ago, Eskcanta said:

Woohoo!  Glad to be in.

A few questions:

I have been participating in another minichallenge elsewhere, and as part of that between Monday and now I have gone just under 32 km on an elliptical trainer.  That isn't walking, and I have counted it as part of another challenge.  May I include elliptical distance as distance for "walking" in this challenge, does distance done between my joining your challenge and the challenge having started count, and will your challenge accept distance that has been counted elsewhere as well?  (I will be asking my other challenge's leader if they want "their" distance to be just theirs as well :beguiled:)  I intend to do around another 23.6 miles on the elliptical before next Monday, because of that challenge's needs, so I don't care overmuch about the distance already gone this week and if I can count it.

This time, it's just walking that counts.

4 hours ago, Eskcanta said:

Likewise I already cooked one meal this week that fits the criteria, and I didn't have anything else counting that, can I throw that (already eaten) meal into the pot?

That you can count.

My general rule is that you can have the mini challenge goals overlap with other ones (minis/PVPs/personal challenge). So I'm fine with counting them in both places.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

You can count it. (And a dance battle sounds fun!)

As you learn the depths of my fandom, you may regret saying yes to this one... It is a little frightening to even me as I add up the hours of practice for this dance.  :P

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Jlailin said:

As you learn the depths of my fandom, you may regret saying yes to this one... It is a little frightening to even me as I add up the hours of practice for this dance.  :P

We currently all work together, right?

I feel no fear or regret at how hard you work to protect us all!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Eskcanta said:

We currently all work together, right?

I feel no fear or regret at how hard you work to protect us all!

Haha, yes.  xD  I meant zeroh might regret it from the DM perspective, since the numbers may progress faster than planned because I'm basically living and breathing this dance for the entire challenge.  :P 

4 hours ago, Siferiax said:

Imma do the walk thing today!
I'm excited!

Yay!  Go Sif!  :D  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Jlailin said:

Haha, yes.  xD  I meant zeroh might regret it from the DM perspective, since the numbers may progress faster than planned because I'm basically living and breathing this dance for the entire challenge.  :P

I think that was me last challenge. To be completely fair, I didn't even realize how much I studied until I looked at the numbers.

• Like 2

Finally I cought up with this thread and added my numbers to the Time Rebels Spreadsheet. :)

- Exploring: I'm lucky that I took a long walk with my wife today, otherwise there would have been no exploring this week for me

- Protect: Not many workouts this week so far, so just a bit over one hour of protecting

- Survive: Luckily I usually cook often and a lot of vegetables. Unluckily this was an unusual week with a lot of takeout stuff and similar. But I can contribute 5 meals for the group's survival.

• Like 4

I started feeling horrible a couple hours after I joined this challenge.  Starting to feel better, looking forward to participating much more... actively... this coming week!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Eskcanta said:

I started feeling horrible a couple hours after I joined this challenge.  Starting to feel better, looking forward to participating much more... actively... this coming week!

I hope this week works out better for you then. :)

• Like 2

I hope you feel better!!! -big hugs-

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I'll get the mini challenge updated tomorrow. My job has taken up way more time then I thought it would. >_<

But here's a little sneak peak:

245?cb=20140130222842

• Like 3

Guys, I think the dinosaurs might've eaten Zeroh...  xD

dinostick1.gif

But in seriousness, I hope you're doing okay, Zeroh!  <3  Sending good thoughts your way, and I hope your job isn't eating your life~  (if it is, you should totally sic the dinosaurs on it :P)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Maybe he got lost exploring and we should go look for him?

So Rebels here's what we gonna do to get our guild leader back:

The highly inofficial Search and Rescue Operation

Additionally to adding distances on the Goals sheet for exploring, please add them to the sheet 'Finding zeroh13' as well. The person who walks, bikes, runs the most during this search and rescue operation will earn an extraordinary prize! 

As soon as zeroh appears again the search is over!

[I know this is not the most creative way to continue the story, but this is from the top of my head. Please continue to add numbers to the Goals sheet as usual, since this is the official part]

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

*Falls out of the bushes* whatever you do, don't go that way.

I am all in for looking for one of our own. Time to start walking.

(Sorry all, I kinda disappeared, hoping to get back on things now).

• Like 2

I'm going to go walk a bunch at C2E2 tomorrow!  I'll actually keep a step counter on my phone to keep track of my wanderings!  I figure that's as good a place as any to hunt for a wild Zeroh!  Onwards~!  :D

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Jlailin said:

I'm going to go walk a bunch at C2E2 tomorrow!  I'll actually keep a step counter on my phone to keep track of my wanderings!  I figure that's as good a place as any to hunt for a wild Zeroh!  Onwards~!  :D

Have fun. I really kinda wish I had gone with some friends that are there now. I think its a great place to hunt for Zeroh....

• Like 2

On 4/5/2018 at 11:20 AM, Jlailin said:

But in seriousness, I hope you're doing okay, Zeroh!  <3  Sending good thoughts your way, and I hope your job isn't eating your life~  (if it is, you should totally sic the dinosaurs on it :P)

If I sic the dinosaurs on it, who's going to pay me?

Sorry for disappearing like that! I knew I was going to be busy, but I didn't realize just how much time and energy would get sucked up. >_<

tumblr_inline_p3ebjlLNPy1rqta8m_540.gif

• Like 4

OPERATIONS: "PET DINO" & "FIX THIS MESS"

You discovered many amazing things while exploring, but one of the best finds comes from @Bean Sidhe and @Inazea, who found a dinosaur egg! With enough care and a cozy environment, you could possibly hatch the egg and have a pet dino!

And while patrolling the homestead, @Jlailin and @Iceburner (nearly) fell into a giant cavern covered with crystals. You're pretty sure that you can use these to replace some of the time machine's components!

New goals!

Nurture: You need a nice, cozy home for your egg if you want it to hatch. Track the number of minutes you spend doing housework. Additionally, if you get the egg to hatch, the baby dino will go to the team with the most points in this goal.

Tinker: You think you have everything you need to fix the time machine. You just need to figure out how. Record the number of minutes you spend meditating, journalling, problem solving and similar activities. Additionally, the team with the most points in this goal gets a chance to decide how it's fixed. Will you return it to its former time machine glory, or turn it into something else?

• Like 3

just to wrap this up...

Epilog: The highly inofficial Search and Rescue Operation

For 2 days the search for Zeroh goes on without any sign of the Guild Leader. @Inazea and @Bean Sidhe seem to especially worried, since they cover more ground than any other rebel in that time. But when coming back to camp on the dusk of the second day, guess who sits by the fire: @zeroh13 !!!

Great is the joy of the Rebels and they surround Zeroh immediately firing questions at him: 'Where've you been?', 'Are you OK?', 'Did a dinosaur eat you?'...

While Zeroh is happy to be back he is a bit embarrassed as he has to admit that he just lost track of time while exploring and foraging. After hearing what has happened in the camp in the meantime he quickly comes up with a new plan: "PET DINO" & "FIX THIS MESS"

This end the search mission. Please don't add any more numbers to the sheet: finding zeroh13

• Like 4

20 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

If I sic the dinosaurs on it, who's going to pay me?

Umm...  The dinosaurs are intelligent enough to steal bank account routing numbers for you too? xD  ...But I'm glad you are okay!  :D

5 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

Nurture: You need a nice, cozy home for your egg if you want it to hatch. Track the number of minutes you spend doing housework. Additionally, if you get the egg to hatch, the baby dino will go to the team with the most points in this goal.

Baby dinosaur~~~ <3  Yay!  I spent a good portion of my afternoon hanging up some of my framed posters that have been sitting in my room, so hurray for nest building!  :D

On 4/7/2018 at 12:20 PM, Bean Sidhe said:

Have fun. I really kinda wish I had gone with some friends that are there now. I think its a great place to hunt for Zeroh....

It was so fun!  This was my first year going.  I haven't been to a con in... I don't even know how many years.  Probably 5+.  It was so fun to cosplay again!  ...I ended up buying myself a beautiful set of felted dragon wings with a scale collar/shawl.  It was like they were meant for me--the color blended in perfectly with my new purple hair and the loops to attach to my fingers were in the perfect place. 

4 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

Tinker: You think you have everything you need to fix the time machine. You just need to figure out how. Record the number of minutes you spend meditating, journalling, problem solving and similar activities. Additionally, the team with the most points in this goal gets a chance to decide how it's fixed. Will you return it to its former time machine glory, or turn it into something else?

Does diagramming/drawing for costume design and graphic design count for this?  ...It's sort of like pictorial journaling to do problem solving for me.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jlailin said:

Does diagramming/drawing for costume design and graphic design count for this?  ...It's sort of like pictorial journaling to do problem solving for me. 

If it's being done like a blueprint/pattern, trying to figure out which design would realistically work, etc, yeah. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, zeroh13 said:

If it's being done like a blueprint/pattern, trying to figure out which design would realistically work, etc, yeah. 

Huzzah!  Okay, then that should work.  These are the scribbles of me trying to figure out how to make the pattern/elements/etc.  :D 

• Like 2