Venturing out of basecamp

No major new goals for this challenge, I have been slacking a bit and I think it is important to have a more healthy four weeks then the last challenge.

Goal 1: Building stamina for the hike

• Plan my runs better around travel: this is still tricky for me. Whether it is because of long flights, jetlag or long work days on trips - my running seems to suffer. I decided this was a comprise I was no longer willing to make. In this challenge I have two trips: one shorter - just 3/4 days to a familiar country & a longer trip to a country where I have never been. I can ask colleagues for some advice on the second trip.
  • Start walking in my hiking shoes: I bought hiking shoes for the trip in October. I had a really hard time finding shoes that fit properly, apparently my feet have different sizes. I worry about issues with the shoes during the hike so going to slowly start walking in them. I want to be at 10k of walking by the end of the month, starting on short walks with the dog.

Goal 2: Becoming a better diver

Since I finished the theory courses for my first weekend of diving this year, I now only have to go on my trip next weekend :-). After that there will be a bit more theory work for the next course.

• Cross-train once a week: Both for flexibility, strength and breathing, yoga would be a great exercise. It would also be easy to do during travel. I have been planning this for a few challenges now but it does not seem to happen. Yoga in the mornings is challenging so I want to try and do it in the evening. It might be nice to create some mental space after work as well.

Goal 3: Eat like an adventurer

• 1 piece of fruit each day: Continuing to change my diet with small steps.
  • No treats: Going back to a slightly stricter rule for this challenge. I have been a bit less strict the last few weeks which has resulted in less weight loss. I'm close to the 10kg mark so would like to break that before the end of the month.
  • Like 2

Level 4 Adventurer
Challenges: 7654321

On 3/18/2018 at 2:08 AM, Karma Krishok said:

I think it is important to have a more healthy four weeks then the last challenge.

Solid strategy. I'm glad you're here this challenge, and your goals and plans look great. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Enters Spartan Training

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals MoreWolfDreamer Embraces His Wild PoetThe Mad Poet Becomes SupernaturalWolfDreamer, The Mad Poet, Becomes SuperhumanWolfDreamer ElevatesWolfDreamer Becomes IronBornWolfDreamer Wakes the White WolfThe Mad Poet Recovers by Keeping it SimpleWolfDreamer Clears His Mind to Find His Wild HeartWolfDreamer ResetsWolfDreamer Strives to Become an Eminently Qualified Peaceful WarriorWolfDreamer Springs ForwardWolfDreamer Returns (For Real This Time)WolfDreamer is RespaWinningWolfDreamer RebootsWolfDreamer Thinks About the Roman Empire

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

Update 1: General feeling is that I have hit a bit of a slump. I dropped below the 10kg loss for the first time but als bounced back a bit. It looks like March will be the first months since December I will not lose weight. I think that keeping up the running is becoming easier but making additional changes is not that easy. Either because I have to resist cravings, it takes more time. I'm not sure yet.

I need to figure out if a weekly plan is going to help me or make me nervous about missing targets. I want to try it for next week. Since I will be home, I will need time for exercise plus walking the dog in the morning. I can take the dog on the walks. I wake up at 6AM so should be out of the door most days by 6.30. Fruit will be eaten by 4PM and 8PM - the times I'm most likely to look for treats. I will plan for availability. Morning routine should look like this: 6AM - wake-up, 6.30AM - start exercise, 7.30AM - walk the dog or yoga, 8.30AM - breakfast, 9.00AM - shower, 9.30AM - off to office. When I travel I should save an hour since there is no walking the dog :-). This also means I want to stick to an evening routine that has in me in bed by 10PM to make sure I sleep enough. This means leaving work by 6PM, dinner by 8PM, screens off by 9PM.

Week 2 Planning

• Thursday: No exercise / Fruit available: one apple, one orange
  • Friday: Speed run / Fruit available: not yet but might be able to take some from the breakfast buffet
  • Saturday: Rest / Recovery day after overnight travel - if up to it, walk in hiking shoes / Fruit available: apples - will purchase fruit for the weekend and week 3
  • Sunday: Recovery run

Week 3 Planning

• Monday: Walk with hiking shoes - Yoga
  • Tuesday: Distance run
  • Wednesday: Cycling
  • Thursday: Speed run
  • Friday: Walk with hiking shoes - Yoga
  • Saturday: Recovery run
  • Sunday: Full travel day / rest

Week 1 & 2ish Summary

• Goal 1: Building stamina for the hike
    • Plan my runs better around travel: Did my three runs in the week at home. Traveling this week and it looks like I will manage three runs this week too.
    • Start walking in my hiking shoes: No hikes.
  • Goal 2: Becoming a better diver
    • Cross-train once a week: No cross-training.
  • Goal 3: Eat like an adventurer
    • 1 piece of fruit each day: Eating more fruit but definitely not one every day.
    • No treats: Less then in the previous challenge / weeks but still sneak in a treat sometimes.
  • Like 1

Level 4 Adventurer
Challenges: 7654321

How's it going @Karma Krishok?

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Enters Spartan Training

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals MoreWolfDreamer Embraces His Wild PoetThe Mad Poet Becomes SupernaturalWolfDreamer, The Mad Poet, Becomes SuperhumanWolfDreamer ElevatesWolfDreamer Becomes IronBornWolfDreamer Wakes the White WolfThe Mad Poet Recovers by Keeping it SimpleWolfDreamer Clears His Mind to Find His Wild HeartWolfDreamer ResetsWolfDreamer Strives to Become an Eminently Qualified Peaceful WarriorWolfDreamer Springs ForwardWolfDreamer Returns (For Real This Time)WolfDreamer is RespaWinningWolfDreamer RebootsWolfDreamer Thinks About the Roman Empire

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b