Janus Echo - Points for Hufflepuff

"While Godric was out adventuring, and Salazar was busy scheming, and Rowena was lost in her books,

Helga got shit done."

- variation on what the Sorting Hat says in a fanfiction I read once upon a time

I feel like I need to start with the disclaimer that I'm actually a Slytherin. And a Thunderbird. But this leaves me with a lot of dreaming and scheming and doing in bursts, but not so good with the slow and steady stuff. So this time around, my goals are the same as last challenge, but I'm focussing on consistency. I matters less that I do an equal or great number of minutes running or reps with weights, but more that I get to the fucking gym. Or upper deck. Or something. DAILY.

So yes, I'm looking to get some points for Hufflepuff. Or Havik, if you're familiar with that part of the rebellion (I'm currently undercover, i.e. unsubscribed due to lack of internet).

Not sure I have anything else to say. If I think of appropriate quest or mission titles I'll update. Otherwise, expect more or less the same as my last challenge, probably with the same number of updates, just larger quantities of information. Because while I may have started paying for internet slightly more efficiently, it still costs too much. >.<

• Like 3

If you trust in yourself and believe in your dreams and follow your star ...

you'll still get beaten out by people who spent their time working hard and learning things

-The Wee Free Men, Terry Pratchett

NF Dossier 39151 adventurer 14, epic 5

#4WeekChallenge First Gate Round 2 Fight! OTHER LEFT! Hufflepuff SystemRecalibration

In the Beginning is the End - An Origin Story

I broke down and downloaded Kindle the other day. And then finally bought Level Up Your Life. Gotta say, even the introduction got me off my ass and to the gym, if only because I knew what was coming due to the Academy. On that note, first tracking update:

March 19

Run distance: 1 mile - time: 14 min

10  10  10          goblet squats -25 lbs

6     5    5            pushups

10  10  10          dumbell rows - 15 lbs

... does anyone know how to make a table in this forum? My usual tricks aren't working...

And now back to trying to figure out what I want Level 50 me to look like. This is more challenging than I thought (^.^)*

Do today what others don't; achieve tomorrow what others can't.

• Like 3

you'll still get beaten out by people who spent their time working hard and learning things

#4WeekChallenge First Gate Round 2 Fight! OTHER LEFT! Hufflepuff SystemRecalibration

Okay. So, definitely fell off the wagon for a couple days. My new roommate (of 2.5 weeks) is an awful enabler - she's got cookies and crackers and candies up for grabs in her locker. This may have caused more consumption of junk food in the last 2 weeks than the last ...6 months. For a rough estimate. HOWEVER - she's also trying to hit the gym everyday. We're working on it >.<*

So no points for March 20th or 21st, but I went for a roughly 1.5 hour walk around Mazatlan yesterday, and here are my numbers for the gym today.

March 23

Run distance: 1.36 miles - time: 18 min 5 sec

5     5    5            pushups

10  10  10          goblet squats -25 lbs

2     1    2            assisted chin ups

1     2    2            assisted pull ups

• Like 2

On 3/23/2018 at 7:44 PM, Ilyan Echo said:

So, definitely fell off the wagon for a couple days.

Dust yourself off and get back at it! You can do this.

• Like 1

Who am I? -- My NF Character

Current Challenge: WolfDreamer Reads Harder, Breathes Harder, and Journals More

Past Challenges: 

Spoiler

Winter is ComingWolfen Strengthens His Heart, Body, Mind, and Spirit, Wolfen Becomes One of the PeopleWolfen Strengthens His ChakrasWolfen Welcomes Summer and Gets Primal, Soulcon and Spartan, Wolfen Develops Mental ToughnessWolfen Joins the Wander SocietySoulcon, Spartan, School, and Stranger ThingsWolfen Becomes a Warrior EliteWolfen Goes Here and There and Back AgainWolfen Becomes a Soulcon Warrior EliteWolfen Returns to His RootsWolfen Wanders in Soul, Spirit, and BodyWolfen Owns the DayWolfen Searches for His Wild Heart, Wolfen Runs for His LifeWolfen Hits the TrailsWolfen Becomes an Explorer and Joins the ResistanceWolfen Goes Back to the SourceWolfen Begins the Hero's JourneyWolfDreamer Returns to the People,  WolfDreamer Pushes BackWolfDreamer PrioritizesBurpees, Books, and BrainworkBurpees, Books, Brainwork, and BodyworkWolfDreamer Masters the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Continues to Master the Four ElementsWolfDreamer Returns to SpartaWolfDreamer Returns to Middle EarthWolfDreamer Continues His Middle Earth AdventureWolfDreamer and the FallWolfDreamer Forges His Own PathWolfDreamer Has HopeWolfDreamer Returns to Middle Earth

I'd rather sing one wild song and burst my heart with it, than live a thousand years watching my digestion and being afraid of the wet.” -- Jack London

“I wanted movement and not a calm course of existence. I wanted excitement and danger and the chance to sacrifice myself for my love.” -- Leo Tolstoy

"I feel love rising in my chest again
Rising like a burning sun into the day..." -- Gungor, "Hurricane"

"...wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." 2 Corinthians 3:17b

March 24 - no points. came out of the gym on the 23rd feeling way down rather than my usual pumped, and not entirely sure why. But woke up the 24th with an after-gym-day soreness that's been missing for a while, so that was good but I took as a sign to take it easy. Meant to go for a walk on the upper deck but good intentions and all that...

March 25 - point gained! we were in L.A. and I carried a duffle bag (20ish lbs, full of clothing and shoes, destination:Goodwill) for roughly 1/2 an hour. and then went for a 20ish minute walk looking for coffee. unfortunately, we also found an ice cream parlor across from the coffee >.<

March 26 - I'm giving myself half a point. Not a proper workout (and I did have the opportunity, just didn't take it *slaps self*) but I did do some pushups, negative chin-ups, and hanging knee tucks between cues backstage. Oh, and timed my handstand. It was sad. I'll update that when I'm back up to vaguely acceptable times (i.e. more than 20 seconds). And after reading what I just wrote here I'm actually going to say it's full points for yesterday.

March 27 - point! Currently at a Starbucks in Cabo San Lucas drinking an unsweetened latte. I feel like the emphasis is needed because I finally managed to specify it before ordering rather than having to throw out half my drink. For points, it was a quick-paced 15-17 minute walk here, and it will be a little more than that on the way back. Might hit the gym later for some weights (might run around like a chicken with head cut off because we've got 2 new techs in the theater as of yesterday.).

• Like 1

March 27 - definitely ended up running around like a chicken with its head cut off >.<

March 28 - no points. I don't even remember the day.

March 29 - points. walked 1.5 miles in laps around the promenade deck of the ship.

March 30 - no points. worked 10.5 hours and then went to the bar.

March 31 - also no points. worked 12.5 hours ...  and then went to the bar. In my defense, my closest co-worker signed off the ship today.

April 1 - points. just walked...3ish miles? Decided to walk to Goodwill (closed), CVS (open), Ross (closed), Marshalls (closed), and Starbucks (open). Almost added another 2 miles but gave up and googled whether Target was open before heading out. (...also closed. looks like I'm buying luggage in... Mexico? Columbia? I don't even know my itinerary anymore...)

• Like 3

BLARG! I cannot believe it's been so long since I've updated. No excuses. >.<

April 2 - no points.*

April 3 - no points.*

April 4 - 100 squats. points!

April 5 - no points. forgot to stretch after squats. so many regrets...

April 6 - no points.* 

April 7 - Point. 50 squats over the course of the day.

April 8 - Point! Went to the gym. Ran a 1/4 mile and did 100 squats, 30 pushups, and 30 dumbbell rows (40 lbs)

April 9 - no points.

April 10 - half points for half a mile.

*I'm pretty sure I did some workout/walking on these days, but it's been so long I can't remember. I'm going with no points because damnit I need to keep track of this stuff.

• Like 1

AAARGH. I think I just proved my point about stops and starts. Sign off in 2 days, I'll start up my next challenge then.

April 11 - 20. 2 points total for 200 squats over 2 days. But that's it. >.<

That makes...

12.5/28

• Like 1