• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Iceburner

Iceburner #8: The old master

Previously on the Iceburner Battle Log:...

Adiposis, the Obesity Oger, offspring of Sloth, god of the lazy, and Gluttony, goddess of the ravenous was about to destroy this hero's life happy life if not stopped.

After achieving a temporary but nonetheless epic victory Sloth, god of the lazy, had somehow convinced his cousin the goddess Liability to send their sons Strain and Burden to diviate Iceburner from the path of awesomeness and he strayed. Weary from battle he decided to settle in the valley of Cosy and let the rebellion continue the fight without him. And he and his wife lived happiliy... until...

Until our hero relized that the minions of Adiposis were creeping up on him again. So he decided to follow the way of the Rebel doing whatever needs to be done to best Adiposis and his minions. So he picked up two cudgels and set out again to give the Obesity Oger a good beating... with a vengeance!

His first opponent was the Belly Beast, one of the many minions of the Adiposis, which had watched Iceburner secretly over the last year, using every oppotunity to grow until it was ready. It just appeared once in a while, peered at him from under one of his old T-Shirts. Sometimes it hid in plain sight when Iceburner was walking by a mirror on his way to the shower. Its time was now. It leaped at him heading directly for his eyes. After a long struggle that felt like weeks Iceburner could best him and decided to tame the Belly Beast and continue to train it as a companion to help in his fight. Iceburner knew he could use all the help he could get.

So he joined the Rebels Guild and participated in their Rebel Boot Camp where he managed to become an Elite Cadet. Together with them he went out on Field Training and his first mission for The Rebel Guild.They successfully finished the mission together.

A few days later as he was on his way back to the Rebels Guild Camp a came along a small hut. It had a small untamed garden with a small well and was fenced by a badly maintained wooden fence. Smoke was coming from a small crooked chimney. In front of the house there was a small wooden table where an old man was eating and drinking noisily, before he looked up and waived for Iceburner to come closer.

And this is how Iceburner met The Old Master

to be continued...

• Like 2

Main Quest

THE OLD MASTER

kungFuMasterAdvices.gif.f62b3da227bceac1922c4ee7580096fb.gif

Story:

As Iceburner gets closer to the table a big grin appears on the old man's face. "So you are Iceburner? Thought you were bigger...", says old one and takes a huge bite off the chicken leg he casually swings around while talking. "You know me?" "No, just heard of you. About your deeds, but also about how lazy and overconfident you get once you achieved your goal!" says the old man pointing the chicken leg accusingly at Iceburner. "And let me tell you. I will have none of that as long as I teach you!" "Wait what...", Iceburner starts, but is stopped by a backpack hitting his face. "First, go to the village and fetch some things for me, will you? There's a list in the bag. Then come back immediately, because you need alot of training. Now hurry and don't dawdle. " Confused and not sure how it came to this Iceburner hurried towards the village.

Goal:

While I had a blast during my last 4wc I know that sometimes it's hard to keep going the same pace on the following challenge. The fact that I write these words 5 days into the challenge is evidence enough. I'm already lagging behind on goals that I didn't even write down yet. But it's all in my head and waiting to be written here. So go me!

Loot:

There are some music LPs I wanted to order the other day. I didn't and I will not until this challenge is finished with an overall rating of B.

Subquest 1: Stay Beasty

hulk.gif.cdf5f274ec9e549f8e05ddb7c72cf112.gif

Goal:

BodyBeast training for 4 weeks / min. 3 days a week

Description:

After having trained 6 days a week over the last 7 weeks I just cannot continue like this. I need more off times especially when additionally doing other exhausting activities like Wing Tsun, Volleyball, cycling...

Ratings:

A - min. 3 workouts per week and 16 in total

B - min 3 workouts per week and 14 in total

C - min 2 workouts per week and 12 in total

D - min 2 workouts per week and 10 in total

Attributes: STR: , +2 STA: +2

Loot: TBD

Subquest 2: Keep the balance

KungFuPandaBalanceTraining.gif.bd5fc037e85faf3cfdd6aa1da973c232.gif

Goal:

week 1 - put together a short balance board workout (ca. 7 min.), write it together, print it out, or if there are videos bookmark them

week 2-4 - do the workout every morning

Description:

I bought a balance board a few weeks ago. Time to put it to use

Ratings:

A - min. 20 workouts

B - min. 18 workouts

C - min. 15 workouts

D - min. 12 workouts

Attributes: DEX: +4

Subquest 3: Push and Pull

drunkenPushup.gif.10c282771ed79afa4e7e6fc699699c53.gif

Goal:

week 1: put together a short pushup and a pullup workout (ca. 7 min.), write it together, print it out, or if there are videos bookmark them

week 2-4: pushup workout 2/week, pullup workout 2/week

Description:

Ratings:

A - pushup workout 2/week, pullup workout 2/week or 16 workouts in total (2x8)

B - 12 workouts in total (2x6)

C - 10 workouts in total (2x5)

D - 8 workouts in total (2x4)

Attributes: STR: +3, STA: +1

Subquest 4: Support your fellow Rebels

turtles.gif.fbf82be0b267967d919cfc4c891f648a.gif

Goal:

Choose at least 3 peers to follow in the Forum, write at least 6 entries per week. Participate in the mini.

Description:

As the Goal states. Nearly one week into the challenge I  haven't followed anyone so far and didn't do anything for the mini except registering. It's time to put some effort into that. Starting number of posts including this: 408

Ratings:

A - Did all the things stated in the goal.

B - Did all the things but wrote just 20 entries.

C - just 18 entries

D - just 15 entries

Attributes: CHR +3

Results:

• Like 3

Puh, finally I finished my goal description here. There wasn't really much time to do that this week (or the week before). Now I have a lot of reading to do, since I have to catch up on all your progress and also on the dinosaur stuff... especially on the dinosaur stuff :)

• Like 1

Summary week 1:

Planned: 3 workouts

Done: 4 workouts

Rating: A

Comment:

- Tu: Chest,

- Fr: Legs, 

- Sa: Arms

So: Cardio

Planned: find a short workout

Done: foiund a short workout and tried it

Comment: Found a youtube video that is good for me as a beginner but has enough exercises to keep it challenging.

Plannedput together a short pushup and a pullup workout (ca. 7 min.), write it together, print it out

Done: Done :)

Comment: It's very simple, but that's the point. Having it printed out helps to get me started

PlannedChoose at least 3 peers to follow in the Forum, write at least 6 entries per week. Participate in the mini.

Done: Read a few posts, following 5 peers now, participating in the mini and wrote 6 entries, so far

Comment: --

Time Rebels: The Dino Age!

Name Team Score
Iceburner Velociraptor 10

Explore Units Protect Survive
16.4 km 2.2 7
  • Like 1

Oh man, I'm so late to write this. But things didn't work out as expected. First I got a cold which forced me to take a break, then I had forgotten to take the esater holidays  into account, now I twisted my knee and it hurts and I have to take it easy regarding working out the legs. 

So I will write down the results for week 2 here but will not take them into account when it comes to the final evaluation.

Summary week 2:

Done: 1 workout

Rating: C

Comment:

- Tu: Back

Planned: do short workout every morning (7 times)

Done: 3 -4 times

Rating: D

Comment: Forgot to write down when I did it, so probably it was just 3 times, let's just go with 3... 3 for sure ;) 

Plannedpushup workout 2/week, pullup workout 2/week

Done: Did 2 push-up workouts, no pull-up workout

Rating: C

Comment: did the push-up workout first, then got the cold

Plannedwrite at least 6 entries per week. Participate in the mini.

Done: Did both. Starting week 3 with 422 posts

Comment: --

have to guesstimate, since I didn't take notes on Sunday, and added some numbers during week 3

Name Team Score
Iceburner Velociraptor 11

20.4 km 3 8
  • Like 2

So far week 3 isn't a blast. As mentioned my knee troubles me since Tuesday evening. (Too many hard kicks maybe). Overall I was quite active so far, but not everything is adding up to reaching my goals. But since I had trouble logginf my actions of last week, here's what I did so far:

- Played Badminton on Monday, unfortunately not part of my goals

- Did a short push-up workout on Monday

- Did a short pull-up workout with a balance board warm-up on Tuesday

- Went to wotk by bike (and back). Not part of my goals, but it was so nice and warm outside, finally!

- Was leading a 10-min workout group at work on Tuesday, unfortunately not part of my goals 

- Went to Wing Tsun training on Tuesday, uinfortunately not part of my goals (hurt my knee)

- Did a Beast Workout on Wednesday: Shoulders

- Was leading a 10-min workout group at work on Thursday, unfortunately not part of my goals 

I don't think I should do the complete balance board warm-up while my knw is still thick and wobbly. Major part of it is standing balance. But I still can  do the plank and sit-up balance.

• Like 1

Be careful with your knee. I have an old injury and it's just better for me to substitute a different workout and have it still count towards my goals. Good luck you got this!

• Thanks 1

I understand you with knee issues. I have one that has had surgery before and will probably need it again. Be careful and do what you can, but don't overdo. That can be just as bad.

I'm happy to report that my knee is doing much better. I can walk without pain and also do balance exercises. Just jumping is still painful, so I postpone the cardio workout as well as the legs workout, since both have jumping in it. Also a legs workout can still put too much strain on it, better be careful here.

So additionaly here is the

Summary week 3:

Done: 2 workout

Rating: B

Comment: Maybe I can manage one more this evening and edit this entry later

- Tu: Back

Done: 2 out of 4 times

Comment: Knee pain is not the only reason I did so bad this week. I could have done 4 workout, but did just 2.

Done: Did 1 push-up workout, 2 pull-up workouts

Rating: B

Comment: Not too bad, but still...

Done: Did both. Starting week 4 with 422 posts

Comment: Also spontaniously created a mission in the mini

Name Team Score
Iceburner Velociraptor 18

31.7 km 5 12

• Like 2

Glad to hear your knee is doing better. It looks like you didn't do too bad even with the bum knee. and I love the spontanous Mini. That was a great idea.

Thanks for your help and keep it up. You got this

• Like 1

Thanks Bean, you're probably right and I'm doing not too bad :)

I guess I'm just a bit disappointed after I did so extremely good in my previousl challenge and do not in my current one, even though I dialed it down a notch. But things happened as they happened, no need to fret about it. I just continue and try to do what I can do.

What I did so far this week:

Monday: Don't remember, didn't note down anything, so probably didn't do anything. Just had a nice evening with my wife on the couch watching some series. :)

Tuesday: Used the balance board and did a workout in the morning. Went to Wing Chun training in the evening.

Wednesday: Doctora appointment in the morning and a looooooooong working day. Therefore nothing concerning training

Tuesday: Balance Board, Cardio Workout, biked to work and back, Wing Chun training. What a day. I even stayed in a caloric deficit, even though I ate a lot of Chocolate and Pizza.

Friday: (Today): Biked to work. and here I am ;)

• Like 2

On 4/13/2018 at 5:02 AM, Iceburner said:

Thanks Bean, you're probably right and I'm doing not too bad :)

I guess I'm just a bit disappointed after I did so extremely good in my previousl challenge and do not in my current one, even though I dialed it down a notch. But things happened as they happened, no need to fret about it. I just continue and try to do what I can do.

What I did so far this week:

Monday: Don't remember, didn't note down anything, so probably didn't do anything. Just had a nice evening with my wife on the couch watching some series. :)

Tuesday: Used the balance board and did a workout in the morning. Went to Wing Chun training in the evening.

Wednesday: Doctora appointment in the morning and a looooooooong working day. Therefore nothing concerning training

Tuesday: Balance Board, Cardio Workout, biked to work and back, Wing Chun training. What a day. I even stayed in a caloric deficit, even though I ate a lot of Chocolate and Pizza.

Friday: (Today): Biked to work. and here I am ;)

Sometimes it is harder to be able to look at things when you are the one doing it and see progress. But I think your doing fairly well and while its tempting to go all in, you need to find something that  you can maintain in the long run, which I think you have been. I even think your week sounded like you did good, so keep that up.

• Like 1

Summary week 4:

Done: 3 workout

Comment:

- Tu: Back and Tris

- Th: Cardio

- Sa: Legs

Done: 3 times

Rating: F

Comment: No excuse other than that balance board is not that fun as I expected

Done: Did 1 push-up workout, 1 pull-up workouts

Comment: Meh...

Done: Did both. Ended week 4 with 437 posts

Comment:

Name Team Score
Iceburner Velociraptor 33

Name Explore Units Protect Survive Nurture Tinker

Iceburner 31.7 km 5 12 110 48

Epilogue

*Zing* *whuawhauwhuaWHUA* *whoooOOOOOoooosh* ...and Iceburner lies flat on his back. For a few minutes he just lies there, breathing heavily. 'Damn time travelling,' he thinks. 'At least I survived the Dino Age with the other rebels.' He pulls himself up with a groan and dusts himself off. 'I wonder if I made it back to my own time?' Will still patting himself to see if he is still in one piece, he stares at a small hut that looks pretty familiar as suddenly...

kungFuSlap.gif.5c82017b022b30efc38e4c8c00a49f67.gif

*BAAM*

A hard slap from behind sends him flying and as he finally hits the ground he hears a women screaming at him from behind: 'So first you disappear on your master and now you dare to trample all over his vegetable garden?'  Iceburner looks up in surprise, then sees a middle aged women standing above him with her hands on her hips. 'What? I... no... I mean... ,' Iceburner stammers as he's looking from the women to the swath of destruction his arrival must have left. 'Sorry..., err, who are you?' 'I'm Ruth, the master's housekeeper, which you would know, if you wouldn't have just disappeared. Really boy, the master is very disappointed!'

Boy? ,Iceburner thinks, She cannot be that much older than me. And how does she know me though we never met? These and more thoughts race through Iceburners head, but he decides to keep them to himself and instead sighs and asks: 'Where is the master?'

'Right behind you!', says Ruth and points at the entrance of the hut. Iceburner turns around. The master doesn't seem to be happy.

kungFuMasterDisapproves.gif.8b7cd9eadda9f384423cf312d0c077b2.gif

Although still not sure how he possibly can explain his time travel adventure Iceburner nonetheless tries. The old man seems to accept the story as explanation for Iceburners disappearance, but not as excuse for his lack of training.

'I am disappointed in you, go!', he says, turns around and steps into his hut. Over the next days Iceburner tries to make amends by fixing his garden, but the master is adamant: 'Maybe I was wrong and it is too early for you to learn what I have to teach you! Go and do not come back until you're ready!'

So Iceburner leaves the masters' hut behind, and while he's happy to get away from this horrendous housekeeper, it feels like a missed opportunity...

And no loot to boot...

Level UP!

I use this system: https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/33333-archive-outdated-creating-your-character/

w.1: Rating: A , 4 workouts

w.2: Rating: C , 1 workout (do not count, since sick)

w.3: Rating: B, 2 workouts

w.4: Rating: A , 3 workouts

overall rating: C! - since I have just 2 workouts in week 3 and the number of total workouts is just 9 workouts in total (average of 3/w)

Attribute calculation:

50% (STR: +2 STA: +2) = STR: +1 STA: +1

w.1 Rating: A

w.2: Rating: D, 4 workout (do not count, since sick)

w.3: Rating: C, 2 workouts (instead of 7 calculate a 4 workouts for 100%, because of knee)

w.4: Rating: F , 3 workouts

overall rating  D! - difficult to calculate: not even 6 workouts in the last 2 weeks is super weak which deserves an F, surprisingly the week where I got sick was the best one, so and I did my part in week 1, so it cannot be better than D, but may also not deserve worse.

Attribute calculation:

25% (DEX: +4) = DEX: +1

w.1 Rating: A 

w.2: Rating: C , 2 workout (do not count, since sick)

w.3: Rating: B, 3 workouts

w.4: Rating: C , 2 workouts

overall rating C! - again, difficult to calculate. According to the goal definition post 5 workouts in 2 weeks would barely be a D, but again week 2 was not to bad for being sick, week 3 had the knee injury in it, and the A from week 1 has to count for something as well.

Attribute calculation:

50% (STR: +3 STA: +1) = STR: +1.5 STA: +0.5

w. 1 Rating: A

w. 2 Rating: A

w. 3 Rating: A

w. 4 Rating: A

overall A - at least here things went as expected. Starting from 408 posts, being now at 439, I have an average participation rate of 7,75 posts per week.

Attribute calculation:

100% (CHA: +3) = CHA: +3

old stats:

Lvl. 6 Human, (Lvl. 5 Assassin, Lvl. 1 Rebel)

STR: 10.75 ~ DEX: 5.5 ~STA: 12.75 ~ CON: 9 ~ WIS: 15 ~ CHA: 7

overall stats increases:

STR: +2.5 DEX: +1 STA: +1.5 CON: +0 WIS: +0 CHA: +3

new stats:

Lvl. 7 Human, (Lvl. 5 Assassin, Lvl. 2 Rebel)

STR: 13.25 ~ DEX: 6.5 ~STA: 14.25 ~ CON: 9 ~ WIS: 15 ~ CHA: 10