Cadavres Exquis on Parallettes [March 19 – April 15]

We are back!

Exquisite corpse, also known as exquisite cadaver (from the original French term cadavre exquis), is a method by which a collection of words or images is collectively assembled. (Read more)

We are doing this on parallettes! This is a video-based challenge.

The first participant presents a single move or shape on parallette. The second participant reproduces it and add to it. And so on.

The primary objective is to build the longest possible sequence by the end date. It's a friendly co-operative challenge.

Rules:

• If a move or shape is too hard, an easier variation or some assistance (e.g. wall or spotter, on the ground, using props) is totally acceptable and recommended (but not a completely different move!). We can discuss together what an appropriate variation is.

• The exact same move cannot be used twice in the sequence. Or at least it needs to have some variation (for instance left versus right).

• The same person cannot contribute twice in a row.

Transitions from one move to another are important. Don't be pedestrian about those. It's a sequence not a set of moves.

Let's have a fairly balanced sequence and not always do moves on the same side for instance.

Keep in mind that people have parallettes of different heights. Avoid moves that require high parallettes (such as hanging under the bars).

If you want to participate, give us a shout! We will add you to the queue. You can join, leave and join again at any time. But please wait for your turn and watch out for new posts here and who is next, otherwise you might be working on a sequence that is not the latest one.

When your turn has been called, you have 2 days (48h) to post your contribution. Somebody else might take your turn after 48 hours, just say youhou! and you will get back in the queue, no problem!

If 2 days is too short, we can re-evaluate that, just bring the topic up.

How to contribute:

1. Record the sequence + 1 new move and post your video here.

2. In your post, call the name of the next contributor to notify him or her.

3. Please also include in your post the list of moves so far (cut & paste from the previous contribution and add your move to the list).

History:

Challenges #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 (current)

Battle log The Assassin's Path (current)

Woot: first 1mn free HS | first press to HS

9 minutes ago, @mu said:

Hoooo wut wut! this is so cool and pretty!  Thanks for shooting from different angles, that was helpful.
I will shoot tomorrow I think :)

Yeah i noticed it was Hard to see What  was going on, and since I didn’t knew it myself I thought two

angles was the way to go!

i post my stretching later :)

Be like water my friend

This is a really cool move! I love it! It's really fun to practice. I love it so much that my move is the same one on the other side :D:lol: 

I'm pretty sure it is possible to work out an elbow to elbow transition, but I haven't tried yet, I got quite tired with just the move on its own!

Next: @Norgaard

Moves:

1. @mu / battle ram
  2. Norgaard / side lever right
  3. @mu / side lever left
  • Like 1

Challenges #1 | #2 | #3 | #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9 | #10 | #11 | #12 | #13 | #14 | #15 | #16 | #17 | #18 | #19 | #20 | #21 | #22 (current)

I'm still a bit confused about my legs, please bear with me :P I wanted to do some kind of scissors, but somehow my legs are not responding accurately :D

I had a fall as well today (end of video - how far can this leg go - oops not that far), no hurt or anything, I fall a lot I'm used to it, but I still felt a bit less confident afterwards. I did find a transition from elbow to elbow though!

Moves:

1. @mu / battle ram
  3. @mu / side lever left
  4. Norgaard / middle splits
  5. @mu / straddle bent arm press

Stop mocking me with that side split!!!! :).

yeah I fell a few times as well, and I tried the transition but I can’t nail

it on my low paralettes. Maybe after the shoulder challenge, but I’ll try to fit it in!

you did amazing, and I love your smile after the fall! 

Be like water my friend

:D

It's the smile of "bugger I just got owned by a bunch of PVC tubes !?" :P 

But watching the video again, I see that my upper body is collapsing again, I need to aim for this 90 degree arm angle that I am still struggling with.

Take your time, I'm done for today and tomorrow (Saturday) I just want to rest / stretch, nothing more.

42 minutes ago, @mu said:

:D

It's the smile of "bugger I just got owned by a bunch of PVC tubes !?" :P 

But watching the video again, I see that my upper body is collapsing again, I need to aim for this 90 degree arm angle that I am still struggling with.

Take your time, I'm done for today and tomorrow (Saturday) I just want to rest / stretch, nothing more.

Take your time. I’m going to do mine today and you just do yours Sunday :)

Be like water my friend

A froggy rest is next, not sure if there is a name for it.

Moves:

1. @mu / battle ram
  3. @mu / side lever left
  6. Norgaard / L sit
  7. @mu  / frog rest

Side lever thingy wasn't feeling very good today no matter how hard I tried.

New move is straddle hold. Which gave me some serious abs spasm :D

1. @mu / battle ram
  3. @mu / side lever left
  6. Norgaard / L sit
  7. @mu  / frog rest
  8. Norgaard / tabletop
  9. @mu / straddle hold