• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

PinkNinja

PinkNinja Recuperates

It still hurts to breathe, but if I don't make sure I take deep breaths, it'll get worse. I could even get pneumonia. So I think some regular deep breathing is in order.

If I start feeling better, I'll add some training goals. But for now, I'm going to stick to some simple things. Things got a little crazy this past week with my sister's wedding coming up. But she's married now and my house, my diet, and my routine are disasters. So I'm going to work on getting back on track.

1. Stop using my credit unless it's covered with $$ in my account. So track everything in YNAB and stop buying stuff. No purchases that are not fuel, food, or necessary house supplies (ie pretty much just dog food)

2. Walk Turtle for at least 15 minutes a day

3. Meditate with deep breathing for a total of 3 minutes a day.

4. Complete the cleaning list below & work on decluttering

Renew EMT license

Pare down to 7 t-shirts (NO MORE!)
Catch up on laundry
Clean kitchen counter off (ie dispose of the wedding crap littering my countertop)

Clean off dining room table
Finish Mom's napkins (cus they're on the table)
Clean off desk in extra room so I can move the sewing machine back where it goes
Empty one plastic tote in extra room
Clean off coffee table
Clear couch

• Like 1

Oh no re lungs that don't want to play nice!

Sounds like getting healthy again should be near the top of your list.  A bit of self care?

All the more energetic goals can just backburner for a bit until you can breathe.

Good goals. 

Regarding breathing, have you tried the Wim Hoff Method? I'm not sure how safe it would be, but it's all about deep breathing and control, and it can have some pretty potent results. It might help you with getting your lungs back on track.

Otherwise... yeah. You take it easy and get back on all 8 cylinders.

Remember last challenge when I said this:

The budget is done. Everything I could do on it has been submitted. Aside from answering questions about things I put in there ( like the $995k cabin renovation 0.0 ) I shouldn't have to deal with it for a few months.

It was a lie. The last two days have been spent correcting mistakes that were the result of information not passed along to me, like comparing fiscal year revenue to past calendar year revenue. Anwyay. It should be done now. It's due to legislature soon, so they can't want too much more changed or they won't meet their deadline. lol

On 3/21/2018 at 10:55 AM, Kishi said:

Regarding breathing, have you tried the Wim Hoff Method? I'm not sure how safe it would be, but it's all about deep breathing and control, and it can have some pretty potent results. It might help you with getting your lungs back on track.

Otherwise... yeah. You take it easy and get back on all 8 cylinders.

I looked this up and it's interesting.  I think I may look at it some other time, but right now, it's a little deeper than I meant. The cold therapy is really interesting, especially since I get cold really easily but I like playing outside on  mountains in snow. 

For now, though,  I just need to make sure I breathe normally and don't breath shallow because of the pain. Typically with pleurisy, since it hurts, people breath more shallow to avoid the pain. So the lungs don't fully inflate, so the mucus that's making them hurt makes them get stickier and hurt more. So you keep breathing shallow.  So it gets even worse. You have this positive feedback loop for lung issues that can result in pneumonia. Which you may have known all that, but I shouldn't have referred to it as deep breathing, more breathing normally. lol

On 3/21/2018 at 4:27 PM, Starkanda said:

Hi! I'm in recuperation mode this time around too! <high-five>

Hope you make your cleaning goals, I have the giant laundry pile on mine :)

Recuperating sucks. You feel better but you can't be 100.. lol Thanks! 
I am going to get rid of a bunch of clothes so that I don't a giant pile anymore! I hate folding it. The rest is easy.  I got rid of quite a few last night.

On 3/20/2018 at 4:34 PM, Lou_be_Lou said:

Oh no re lungs that don't want to play nice!

Sounds like getting healthy again should be near the top of your list.  A bit of self care?

All the more energetic goals can just backburner for a bit until you can breathe.

Good goals. 

Thanks. I decided to take it easier in the evenings. I've only been spending 20 minutes on cleaning and then relaxing easy stuff the rest of the time. So far, I've played Oblivion some, worked on my personal budget, and done some weaving. But I've also been on call for work and people have been spring break needy.. :| But other than that, takin' it easy! 

I cleaned out my shirts yesterday.
Tonight shall be stress free.
Except for the dog. But he doesn't mean to.

• Like 2

Stuck with it all day. No soda. No candy. No comfort cups of easy mac. :D

It helped that I told myself if I stuck to it all day, that meant I got to eat a NS brownier for dessert. 

I'm interviewing people for lifeguard positions today. Wish me luck!

Some of my coworkers are taking bets on how many people show up and how many people show up fully dressed.  I'm betting on at least one pair of house shoes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My niece spent the night. She was missing her mom and I put in a movie to distract her. I had just gotten a second hand television for her room but no dvdplayer. So I set my laptop on top of the television.
This morning she was going to get my laptop for me. I went to stop her but we dropped it. The screen is broken very badly.   :'( 

• Sad 2

This week I'm not as short of breath and it doesn't hurt to take a breath unless it's really deep. I'm not coughing as much.
Pleurisy is evil.

I didn't walk with Turtle every day. But I think that was for the best. 

As for my list. I got most of it done.

Renew EMT license I'm good for 2 more  years. But unless I find an ambulance service to be affiliated with, after that, I won't be able to renew.

Pare down to 7 t-shirts (NO MORE!) 
Sort of. I got rid of a lot of shirts, quite a few clothes in general. But I'm not down to 7. I am down to over half of what I had though. All of my t-shirts and my white work shirts fit in one drawer with room to spare. I also got rid of extra socks. Now all my socks and undies fit in one drawer. I rebuilt all the drawers on my dresser. I need to go through shorts and pants, now.
Catch up on laundry When you start throwing stuff away instead of washing it, you get caught up pretty quickly. :D
Clean kitchen counter off (ie dispose of the wedding crap littering my countertop)  My kitchen looks 100x  better. I got rid of a few more things, including some skillets I'd be hesitant to get rid of before. I rearranged some stuff. It's still too small and I still need to do some work in it, mostly some food I need to eat or give/throw away (Anyone want some isopasta?)

Clean off dining room table My sewing machine and Mom's napkins are still on the table. But everything else is gone, so I'm giving it to me. I'm going to finish the napkins next challenge because I'll be home more. 
Finish Mom's napkins (cus they're on the table)  -- Nope
Clean off desk in extra room so I can move the sewing machine back where it goes  I did clean it off, but I decided to leave the machine where it is for now.
Empty one plastic tote in extra room  Emptied 2. Woohoo!
Clean off coffee table Threw some of the stuff on it away and got it cleaned off except for my photo book that stays there.
Clear couch It is totally cleared except my soft blanket and Turtle's throw that he never sits on because he prefers the back of the couch to the cushions. 

I feel like I've been a bum, but looking at that list, I've done more than I thought. I could've done more though.
I was going to get my laptop fixed but it's actually cheaper if I downgrade a little (which I want a smaller one anyway) and just buy a new one. Any tips?

I've been an exercise bum, for sure. I didn't even take a single shot at the dragon. I haven't done anything but walk some.

I've also been a nutrition bum. I've been on the road quite a bit, and had a couple birthdays. So I've eaten out a lot. I used "Oh I'm sick. And I've been blowing it anyway.. Just one more because I'm really craving...." I got back on the Nutrisystem plan yesterday. Until dinner. Then I realized I had leftovers from before and ate sausage and eggs. but I still was within calories. So today will be all NS. I'm going to stick to it all week. This weekend though is my guy's birthday. I'm not going to eat NS but I'm going to stick to the calorie limit. I've gained back 6 lbs of the weight I've lost. Though I had soda Saturday, so I think some of it is water weight and I'll be lower tomorrow because I only drank water yesterday and today.

I started training Turtle. I need to dedicate more time to it. He picks up things quickly and is doing well. I'm going to foster a dog for the shelter. There was drama but in the end, it worked out. It's an older, very calm dog. I'm hoping he's a good influence on Turtle, and vice versa. He's supposed to be here today. I hope they get along so I can foster him.

Time to work on the new challenge. And show up for it.

• Like 2

You got a lot done!  Congrats!

4 hours ago, PinkNinja said:

Time to work on the new challenge. And show up  not have pleurisy for it.

Hopefully fixed that for you.

I has no recs for small PCs.  I have a stupidly giant one.  *crossed fingers* that the dogs get along!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So, not as good as you wanted, but not as bad as you thought.

Groovy. That's not a bad way to end. It just means the game's a longer one than you thought. So make the alterations and get ready to hit it again.